Since its debut in 2006, RadioUser, the former Short Wave Magazine, has been the best-selling radio listener`s’ magazine in the UK. It covers all forms of broadcast and two-way radio, but not amateur radio. The magazine offers regular columns, exciting features, equipment reviews and a plethora of resources on a large number of radio topics.
With one eye on the traditions and history of radio, and another one on its present and dynamic future, RadioUser contains up-to-the-minute writing from our expert team of authors, on:
• News and Products
• Reviews of the latest radios, scanners, antennas and other radio equipment
• Emerging Issues in Radio, and from the Radio Industry, National (UK) Radio
• Aerials and Antennas, Airband and Maritime Radio
• International Broadcast Radio, from Long Wave to Short Wave, FM, Digital and Online
• Network Radio, Podcasting and Digital Radio
• Software-Defined Radio (SDR)
• CB Radio
• Portraits of Radio Personalities, Clubs, Associations and Charities
• Radio in History and the History of Radio
• Scanning and Receiving Signals from Space
• Taking Radio Mobile, DXpeditions, and CB Radio (from January 2020)
• Utility (non-broadcast) Signals and Non-Directional Beacons
• Books, Club Activities, Radio Rallies and Resources
• Radio, Weather, Climate and the Atmosphere
• Very Low Frequency (VLF) Radio
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase the current issue and back issues.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. A subscription will start from the latest issue.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £3.99 / €4.49 / USD $3.99 (4 issue)
12 months: £37.99 / €42.99 / USD $38.99 (12 issues)
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
-Payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Users can register for/ login to a Pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing Pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a Wi-Fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load after a first install or an update, please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on Pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
You can find our terms and conditions here: