- E6B style computer (can convert anything)
- 24 hour GMT (zulu) time indicator (blue hand)
- 12 hour local time clock with hour, minutes and seconds hands
- Digital display for both ZULU (GMT) and local time.
- Quick conversion of minutes to hours (click the centre to toggle between the two modes)
This is the watch I have been looking for and never found. So I decided to write an app on Android. As a private pilot I need to calculate things quickly for flight planning or diversions. Also I need to have reference to GMT time as this is what is used in all radio communications.
My philosophy is to create useful tools for pilots that will keep them sharp and recent with flight planning and airmanship.
I am open to suggestions and comments, especially things that don't work. Please e-mail me at email@example.com
For other countries a set of OpenStreetmap Charts is available.
Custom maps can be imported directly by the user as long as they are properly georeferenced - such as current FAA sectional and terminal-charts.
While the basic Moving Map functionality will remain free, please note that advanced features are subject to a service-subscription.
You will be able to download one or more complete airport charts, or just the AFC chart is you only need an overlook and don't want to waste time downloading the whole file.
The list of all the charts you have downloaded is also available, letting you easily view your charts with your favorite PDF viewer (not included).
Version 2.0: pilots of all types of A/C can now download charts (limited to Boeign 737 on v1.0). Bugs corrections.
This app is a study aid for the E6B Flight Computer for PPL, CPL and ATPL. Ground instructors can use it to generate questions for ground school.
You can use the key features for free permanently and upgrade functions after you decide if you want them.
Try it for free and see if you like it enough to upgrade. Please note that this app is free and that there are in-app upgrades for some of the functions.
- Flight Planning Mode:
Calculate TH & GS, TT & GS, TH & TAS, Wind.
- Generates random flight computer numbers for you or your students
- You can choose the type of question
- Moves like a real E6B
- Use it on a tablet for even awesomer results.
- Show you how to plot Heading & Groundspeed problems on the wind side
*The Randomizer generates random numbers for you to solve on your E6B
Are you training for your PPL, CPL, ATPL exam or are you an FI?
*This app will help you master your flight computer and develop those mad E6B skills.
*Use it to generate practise questions for yourself or your students
As a bonus, it moves under your fingers like a real flight computer. It is actually a virtual E6B that is always in your pocket!
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: FOR STUDY PURPOSES ONLY! NOT FOR ACTUAL REAL_LIFE NAVIGATION!
About the author, Paul Bruikman: I have been an ATPL Ground Instructor and Flight Instructor for the top Dutch flight schools since 2000.
I first created this app to support my own lessons and really also just because it is a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it, feedback is welcome via twitter @rentapilot.
* Receive a notification when someone rings on the door (Sound and push notification)
* Watch the video recording in real time and speak through the phone, don't mind in which place of the world you are
* Clear live images in your office, home, garden or anywhere
* Answer the phone in excellent sound quality
* Open the door and turn on the light with only a touchscreen press
* Archive every visitor with images and time
* Works in your local network (LAN), Internet (WAN) or UMTS without coverage limits
The App always requires the latest software in the door station / add-on camera. Please make sure that your door station / add-on camera is connected to the Internet, see: http://www.myintercom.de/en/checkonline
AFSO21 stands for: Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century
AFSO21 has support at the highest levels, but it's not just a tool for commanders to use. It's a culture change that involves everyone.
AFSO21 is all about process improvement; it's a different mindset we all need to embrace. It means looking at all our tasks to determine which steps, processes or entire jobs add value and which do not.
This app has been built so your can learn more about AFSO21 and what is going on within AFSOC in term of process improvement.
AFSO21 provides the tools -- like Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints -- to make the improvements, but I want to be clear that they are just tools. The revolution is in the way we look at everything we do with an eye toward doing it better.
We are using our very successful balanced scorecard work as a launch point for AFSO21. The Air Force is using AFSO21 to analyze those key processes, eliminate waste, focus on the value-added parts of the processes and further improve them. AFSO21 is the future of the Air Force. We are not getting more people, resources or money...The only thing we can truly change is our processes. It's like Churchill said after the war, "Gentlemen we are out of money. Therefore, we will have to think!" It's time to think! It's time to act!
It lets you 'tune' aircraft navigation Very High Frequency Omni-direction range (VOR) beacons via a worldwide database and allows you to select and track a VOR radial to or from the VOR station.
It also optionally shows you your cross-track deviation in metres.
- Bendix/King KI-208A face
- Worldwide VOR navigation database (downloaded on first use)
- Digital CRS and distance to station indications
- Option to display cross-track error
- Filtered and smoothed display - no jitter or jumping!
- Support for portrait and landscape screens
- Support for multiple screen resolutions
IMPORTANT POINT 1 - Please ensure you have an active data connection when starting the app for the first time as it will attempt to download the radio navigation database.
Don't use it until you know its working!
Until a GPS fix is obtained, or in case of GPS fix being lost, the VOR on/off indicator will be shown and the distance to station will show ----
Tuning a station
Use the app menu to select 'Tune NAV'. You will be presented with all the VOR stations within 200 nautical miles of your current location. Selecting a VOR will tune it up. Hit your devices 'Back' button when you have selected your desired VOR.
Finding out which radial you currently on
The first thing to remember when trying to find out which radial you are on is that all radials are from the station. The indicator is able to show you which direction to track to the station but this is not directly which radial you are on (it's 180 degrees out). To centre the needle and find the radial you are currently on, rotate the instruments compass card until the needle centres with a FROM indication.
Finding out your current bearing to the station
Sometimes it is necessary to obtain your current bearing to station. To obtain the bearing from your current position to the station, rotate the instruments compass card until the needle is centred and the TO flag is showing.
Flying a specific radial
Sometimes it is necessary to fly along a specific radial to/from the station. In this case, first select the radial you wish to fly by rotating the instruments compass card to that radial, ensuring the TO/FROM flag is in the correct sense. The VOR needle will then indicate to you which direction you need to move in order to intercept your desired radial. If the needle is to the right, fly right. If it is to the left, fly left. Upon approaching your desired radial, the needle will close into the centre. Each dot indicated on the display is 2 degrees, so the needle will start to move when you are within 10 degrees of the desired radial. You should begin to turn onto a desired course, which matches your radial so that your aircraft heading matches the desired radial when the needle is centred. You will need to compensate for wind appropriately.
Displaying X-Track deviation
You can display you current cross-track error in metres by toggling the menu option. This will show you the number of metres left or right of track when you close to less than 1km of your desired radial
For further information check out http://www.wikihow.com/Navigate-Using-a-VOR
If you like this app, please try my other aircraft/flying related apps!
I'm a professional software engineer, part-time android developer and passionate private pilot so would love to hear your thoughts, feature requests and bug reports.
• Current questions from the ECQB 01
• Questions available in English or in German
• Explanations provided for all questions, many of them supplemented with illustrations
• Airplane and Helicopter questions for ATPL, CPL, IR and CBIR/EIR levels
• Bridge tests for pilots transitioning from AIRPLANE to HELICOPTER or vice versa (available as a part of 2, 6 or 12 months subscription)
* Please note that some questions from subject 033 - Flight Planning require the "Jeppesen student pilot route manual".
• Current questions
• Explanations for all FAA questions are provided, many of them supplemented with illustrations
• 6 months subscription to PPL+IFR+CPL
• 2 months subscription to single subjects (Private Pilot, Recreational Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot, Flight and Ground Instructor, Airline Transport Pilot, Aviation Mechanic)
• Free PTS - Practical Test Standards
• Free FAA textbooks
• Subscription based question bank access
• Account synchronization with other platforms
• 2 test modes: study, exam
• Detailed statistics and reports
• Search within the questions, answers and explanations
• Mark questions and set multiple question flags
• 5% of questions available without a subscription, absolutely free
If you like our app, please rate it. Thank you!
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Aviationexam
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/aviationexam
ALL CHARTS & Sectionals Cached and available while offline (flying)
Flight Charts DTPP/Approach/TAC/HiLo NAV/
Airport Information Diagrams/Runways/freq/(Lat,Lng) including the use of your phone or tablet for tracking to or from airports and waypoints. Includes CDI and Bearing indicator with GlideSlope for many of the runways in the Airport Database.
This product allows a Pilot and any other Weather enthusiast to view both current weather conditions as well access to FAA and NOAA weather information for Pilots. (METARs/TAFs) Radar, Icing, Turbulence, Surface Charts, Winds, the latest Satellite Images and more).
This software also enables access to NOTAMs , D-TPP / Approach Charts/Plates, IFR Enroute and other VFR charts (VFR Sectionals and TAC's). VFR Sectionals and TACs do require PilotWxChartJrPlusAccess 2011, which can be installed from the Android Market.
Much of the access data (charts and weather related information) is cached on your access device allowing full access to pre-flight cached data while not connected to the internet. Cached Charts and Weather information is checked and flagged when your cached data needs updating to have the latest information at your fingertips whether you're online or somewhere far from an internet connection.
This product is targeted for the US (including Alaska) Pilot.
This application is available from the Android Market only
**NEW: Revamped layout, with drag-to-slide and themes.
**NEW: Save last calculation.
**NEW: More Inputs and Outputs, such as wind triangle calculation.
**NEW: Save your airplane in database.
(sorry but I couldn't upgrade this app. I had to create a new one).
The app contains Simulations of tests. You will be able to read and listen to the questions, and importantly, model answers. The app also allows you to record your voice and play it back so you can check how is your answer.
There are 4 sections,
1) Warm up - You will see general questions about you and your aviation career,
2) Picture describing - Each has 2 pictures related to aviation that you will be asked to describe
3) Emergency situation - Listen to an on board emergency situation and answer the questions that follow
4) Problem solving - There are numerous problems that you will be asked to solve in English
The first test is 100%. If you make the purchase you will receive ALL the remaining tests.
This is excellent preparation for the ICAO English test.
The first test is completely FREE. Access to ALL other tests costs USD7,99.
The CR3 Flight Computer was developed in the sixties and has flown millions of hours around the world. This application brings to your Android this famous computer that will share with you many flight hours.
- Air Speed
- Time / Distance to station
Google map of Airport with FAA traffic overlay. Need wifi for weather info.