- E6B style computer (can convert anything)
- 24 hour GMT (zulu) time indicator (blue hand)
- 12 hour local time clock with hour, minutes and seconds hands
- Digital display for both ZULU (GMT) and local time.
- Quick conversion of minutes to hours (click the centre to toggle between the two modes)
This is the watch I have been looking for and never found. So I decided to write an app on Android. As a private pilot I need to calculate things quickly for flight planning or diversions. Also I need to have reference to GMT time as this is what is used in all radio communications.
My philosophy is to create useful tools for pilots that will keep them sharp and recent with flight planning and airmanship.
I am open to suggestions and comments, especially things that don't work. Please e-mail me at email@example.com
For other countries a set of OpenStreetmap Charts is available.
Custom maps can be imported directly by the user as long as they are properly georeferenced - such as current FAA sectional and terminal-charts.
While the basic Moving Map functionality will remain free, please note that advanced features are subject to a service-subscription.
You will be able to download one or more complete airport charts, or just the AFC chart is you only need an overlook and don't want to waste time downloading the whole file.
The list of all the charts you have downloaded is also available, letting you easily view your charts with your favorite PDF viewer (not included).
Version 2.0: pilots of all types of A/C can now download charts (limited to Boeign 737 on v1.0). Bugs corrections.
This app is a study aid for the E6B Flight Computer for PPL, CPL and ATPL. Ground instructors can use it to generate questions for ground school.
You can use the key features for free permanently and upgrade functions after you decide if you want them.
Try it for free and see if you like it enough to upgrade. Please note that this app is free and that there are in-app upgrades for some of the functions.
- Flight Planning Mode:
Calculate TH & GS, TT & GS, TH & TAS, Wind.
- Generates random flight computer numbers for you or your students
- You can choose the type of question
- Moves like a real E6B
- Use it on a tablet for even awesomer results.
- Show you how to plot Heading & Groundspeed problems on the wind side
*The Randomizer generates random numbers for you to solve on your E6B
Are you training for your PPL, CPL, ATPL exam or are you an FI?
*This app will help you master your flight computer and develop those mad E6B skills.
*Use it to generate practise questions for yourself or your students
As a bonus, it moves under your fingers like a real flight computer. It is actually a virtual E6B that is always in your pocket!
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: FOR STUDY PURPOSES ONLY! NOT FOR ACTUAL REAL_LIFE NAVIGATION!
About the author, Paul Bruikman: I have been an ATPL Ground Instructor and Flight Instructor for the top Dutch flight schools since 2000.
I first created this app to support my own lessons and really also just because it is a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it, feedback is welcome via twitter @rentapilot.
• Current questions from the ECQB 01
• Questions available in English or in German
• Explanations provided for all questions, many of them supplemented with illustrations
• Airplane and Helicopter questions for ATPL, CPL, IR and CBIR/EIR levels
• Bridge tests for pilots transitioning from AIRPLANE to HELICOPTER or vice versa (available as a part of 2, 6 or 12 months subscription)
* Please note that some questions from subject 033 - Flight Planning require the "Jeppesen student pilot route manual".
• Current questions
• Explanations for all FAA questions are provided, many of them supplemented with illustrations
• 6 months subscription to PPL+IFR+CPL
• 2 months subscription to single subjects (Private Pilot, Recreational Pilot, Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot, Flight and Ground Instructor, Airline Transport Pilot, Aviation Mechanic)
• Free PTS - Practical Test Standards
• Free FAA textbooks
• Subscription based question bank access
• Account synchronization with other platforms
• 2 test modes: study, exam
• Detailed statistics and reports
• Search within the questions, answers and explanations
• Mark questions and set multiple question flags
• 5% of questions available without a subscription, absolutely free
If you like our app, please rate it. Thank you!
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Aviationexam
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/aviationexam
AFSO21 stands for: Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century
AFSO21 has support at the highest levels, but it's not just a tool for commanders to use. It's a culture change that involves everyone.
AFSO21 is all about process improvement; it's a different mindset we all need to embrace. It means looking at all our tasks to determine which steps, processes or entire jobs add value and which do not.
This app has been built so your can learn more about AFSO21 and what is going on within AFSOC in term of process improvement.
AFSO21 provides the tools -- like Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints -- to make the improvements, but I want to be clear that they are just tools. The revolution is in the way we look at everything we do with an eye toward doing it better.
We are using our very successful balanced scorecard work as a launch point for AFSO21. The Air Force is using AFSO21 to analyze those key processes, eliminate waste, focus on the value-added parts of the processes and further improve them. AFSO21 is the future of the Air Force. We are not getting more people, resources or money...The only thing we can truly change is our processes. It's like Churchill said after the war, "Gentlemen we are out of money. Therefore, we will have to think!" It's time to think! It's time to act!
* Receive a notification when someone rings on the door (Sound and push notification)
* Watch the video recording in real time and speak through the phone, don't mind in which place of the world you are
* Clear live images in your office, home, garden or anywhere
* Answer the phone in excellent sound quality
* Open the door and turn on the light with only a touchscreen press
* Archive every visitor with images and time
* Works in your local network (LAN), Internet (WAN) or UMTS without coverage limits
The App always requires the latest software in the door station / add-on camera. Please make sure that your door station / add-on camera is connected to the Internet, see: http://www.myintercom.de/en/checkonline
**NEW: Revamped layout, with drag-to-slide and themes.
**NEW: Save last calculation.
**NEW: More Inputs and Outputs, such as wind triangle calculation.
**NEW: Save your airplane in database.
(sorry but I couldn't upgrade this app. I had to create a new one).
Google map of Airport with FAA traffic overlay. Need wifi for weather info.
ALL CHARTS & Sectionals Cached and available while offline (flying)
Flight Charts DTPP/Approach/TAC/HiLo NAV/
Airport Information Diagrams/Runways/freq/(Lat,Lng) including the use of your phone or tablet for tracking to or from airports and waypoints. Includes CDI and Bearing indicator with GlideSlope for many of the runways in the Airport Database.
This product allows a Pilot and any other Weather enthusiast to view both current weather conditions as well access to FAA and NOAA weather information for Pilots. (METARs/TAFs) Radar, Icing, Turbulence, Surface Charts, Winds, the latest Satellite Images and more).
This software also enables access to NOTAMs , D-TPP / Approach Charts/Plates, IFR Enroute and other VFR charts (VFR Sectionals and TAC's). VFR Sectionals and TACs do require PilotWxChartJrPlusAccess 2011, which can be installed from the Android Market.
Much of the access data (charts and weather related information) is cached on your access device allowing full access to pre-flight cached data while not connected to the internet. Cached Charts and Weather information is checked and flagged when your cached data needs updating to have the latest information at your fingertips whether you're online or somewhere far from an internet connection.
This product is targeted for the US (including Alaska) Pilot.
This application is available from the Android Market only
Aircraft horizon is the most advanced artificial horizon on the marketplace.
It fuses data from your devices accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer sensors to provide you with accurate pitch and roll information depicted as a typical aircraft artificial horizon.
- Sensor fused, accurate pitch and roll via internal accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer sensors
- Linear acceleration compensated - it is accurate whilst moving (with appropriate sensors)
- Automatically selects the best available sensors to use from those available on your device
- Filtered, smoothed and reactive display - no jitter or jumping!
- 'Pitch level' levels the horizon to your installation
- Supports multiple screen resolutions
- Supports display in both portrait and landscape orientations
This is the free version of the app. It is ad supported and has a two minute time limit. Upgrading to the paid version removes both of these limitations.
Aircraft Horizon is very simple to use. Pitch and roll is dynamically shown when you move your device. Using the menu, you can pitch level based upon your installation, switch between portrait and landscape modes and toggle debug data on and off.
If you like this app, please try my other aircraft/flying related apps!
I'm a professional software engineer, part-time android developer and passionate private pilot so would love to hear your thoughts, feature requests and bug reports.
Don't forget to rate it!
This app provides calculations for aviation,required conversions in aviation, finds the method for entry holdings and warns pilot by timer.Also you can reach weather information for all airports around world by a simple click . Wilco Flight Computer is designed for pilots.All details are configured for user-friendly interface.You wont need so many apps for aviation(metar,taf,converisons,calculations).Also Airport databse provides NOTAMs, Airport frequencies,Runway information,Nearest Navaids, Nearest Airports, etc.We are proud of present our app to our valuable pilots .
Do the test with a business document, an e-mail and/or a web page to see the difference Information Mapping® can make.
- Do the Information Mapping test with three types of documents: a business document, an e-mail and a web page.
- Find and contact the Information Mapping Partners worldwide on a Google Map
- Learn about the scientific background of the Information Mapping® method.
- Use the contact form to get in touch with Information Mapping International directly
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese.
This simple app is the answer. It contains an offline database for the IATA and ICAO codes of thousands of airports, airlines and aircraft types.
The ICAO/IATA code database is already incorporated in the app as a file so you don't need to be online or to install a huge amount of data.
How it works: Search by ICAO code, IATA code or Name and the other fields are shown automatically
Airport Information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, City, Country.
Airline information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, Callsign, Country
Aircraft information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, Manufacturer, Wake category.
For any comment or suggestion please contact me via email.