Learn Cantonese is an easy to use mobile phrasebook that will give visitors to Hong Kong, Macau and those who are interested in learning Cantonese a good start in the language. Learn Cantonese is recorded using a native speaker and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. Recommended app for tourists and business people visiting Hong Kong and Macau.
Lite version contains 300+ common words and phrases included for FREE. Upgrade and unlock all 900+ phrases in 18 categories.
* Carefully translated list of essential phrases
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speaker
* Play all phrases automatically in each category
* Ability to adjust font size
* No internet connection required
* Highlight important words with tips
* Store frequently used phrases in favourites
* Search by keywords
* No adverts or annoying popups
* General conversation
* Directions and places
* Eating out
Upgrade and unlock all 900+ phrases in these categories.
* Time and date
* Towns and provinces
* Tourist attractions
* Feeling sick
* Tongue twisters
If you like this app and find it useful please take a few seconds to give us a rating in the Android Market. For comments and suggestions please send an email to email@example.com. We love getting feedback from users of our apps.
Follow us on twitter : http://www.twitter.com/codegentapps
♦ Learn, translate and travel
♦ User-friendly design
♦ Search by English or Cantonese
♦ Quick Search technology
♦ Large database for words and phrase
♦ Authentic English/Cantonese pronunciation
♦ Offline search
♦ Copy search result
♦ Favorite function for storing words
♦ History function for recalling search records
♦ Share result via Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Line, etc…
In the dictionary, you can search and translate in two direction, i.e. English to Cantonese or Cantonese to English. More than translation, you can learn to speak the phrases or vocabulary in both languages of correct grammar. This app is the best for languages leaner, beginners and kids, Bring the app with you when you are having lessons or courses.
This translator provides authentic pronunciation of the translation. You can hear the voices and audios in the dict. Thus talk and say phrases and vocabulary in different lingo. The search function work perfectly offline without internet connection. This language enabler/ converter is definitely what you need in travel, business and study in Hong Kong and Macau!
✓ Every Cantonese word is pronounced clearly in high quality audio from a native speaker.
✓ All audio is downloaded to your device, and is available offline or in airplane mode.
✓ Master your accent with the Speech Studio. Simply record yourself saying a phrase and then hear your voice next to the teacher’s. Then try again. You’ll be AMAZED how quickly your foreign accent melts away.
✓ Nemo is not built around lessons at all. It is meant to be picked up throughout the day, whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
✓ NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of Cantonese is required.
Nemo targets the words and phrases most often used in conversation. For beginners, we’ve prepared “If You Only Learn 10 Things”, “If You Only Learn 50 Things”, and “If You Only Learn 100 Things” lists for a fast introduction to the essentials. Intermediate learners can progress to a course of the highest frequency words needed for travel and business and begin to have conversations in Cantonese in a month. Advanced students will benefit most from the Speech Studio technology to correct their foreign accent.
With Nemo, you can customize flashcards to exercise the language skill you want to improve. When beginning a new topic, setup flashcards to practice translation of Cantonese to English so you can build familiarity with new words. Next, switch to translate English to Cantonese to train your recall and ability to speak. To complete mastery, switch to cards that specialize in fine-tuning your listening and perfecting your pronunciation.
Any card can be marked as a favorite, allowing you to make your own custom deck of cards to focus on the words of the day. Turn on Review Mode to recap what you practiced earlier in the day to boost your memory retention.
Dive into what you want to learn at any time. The phrasebook offers quick access to the vocabulary in the app through a Cantonese-English dictionary interface. Nemo also functions as a translator. Simply find the words you need in the search interface and play its audio through the device speaker.
◆ Get off the beaten path or find comfort with traveler phrases.
◆ Build your proficiency with numbers and the most important verbs and sentence building blocks.
Cantonese is the most commonly spoken language in Hong Kong, Macau and Guangdong province in southern China.
Use your new skills to make friends, impress old friends, bring smiles to children, get out of jams, experience new things, talk confidently, and make your travel and cultural experience more rich and fulfilling.
Download this free app now!
This is a useful language learning app with various situational QnA styled expressions for daily conversation.
You can learn many expressions to speak in real situations.
Now you have a huge confidence to talk with foreigners in restaurant, street and a trip abroad.
This contains 30,000+ expressions for daily situations with native voice data.
Today’s Talk notification shows you each expression per a day for you to learn and listen to those expressions one by one.
You can enjoy learning languages with native speaker’s voice like to talk with real native speakers.
1. Image training is a good way to learn a language!!
Conversation Master helps you to train yourself with indirect experiences for many situations in your daily life.
This increases efficiency of your learning with helping to imagine you were in the situations.
It is important to do image training repeatedly about daily conversation with the situations in business, restaurant, and hotel etc.
2. Interpretation function
Interpretation available immediately through voice recognition
3. Listening and repeated learning is also good for learning a language!!
Conversation Master makes you learn as you see and listen to the expressions.
It is important to listen to the expressions repeatedly with ‘Repeat all’ and ‘Listen all’ features while your free time.
For example when you go to and off from your work/school or a few minutes before you sleep and so on.
4. Have challenge to a new language life!!
Conversation Master is launched with 10 languages of Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Thai, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.
So you may learn and experience various language expressions.
Have a challenge to a new language life of various languages without hesitation.
# Conversation Master is produced by a professional language contents provider TIMESPACESYSTEM.
This app is based on TIMESPACESYSTEM‘s best seller products with handpicked expressions and native voice data.
*Native speaker’s Voice data
*30,000+ expressions in 12 Categories
*Replaceable words in expressions
*Save recent translation function
*Today's talk notification
*QnA styled contents
*Listen all, Repeat all
*Send contents by email and SMS
※ Notice ※
This app provides its limited contents only in the free version and supports the In App Purchase (IAP) of the App Store.
If you want to use the all contents of it, you have to purchase the full version.
The dictionary Currently contains more than 1000 words in Yale Romanization to help you learn pronunciation as well as traditional Chinese characters to improve reading and writing skills.
Cantonese Academy separates its Cantonese vocabulary into twelve relevant categories with sub categories making them easy to find and easy to learn.
Cantonese Academy now allows users to create their own lists by simply selecting 'add to list' on any word in the dictionary, letting you have up to twelve different lists stored at once so you can focus on what you want to learn.
It is also easy to keep track of your learning with the new statistics section, visualising your progress through graphs and statistics of your current and overall performance.
If you are planning a trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Canton, Guangzhou or other places in southern China, or just wanting to learn something new this app's dictionary is essential for your stay and the games are a great way to prepare for your trip.
Cantonese Academy makes learning Cantonese fun with its games and dictionary!
"My favorite Cantonese learning app"
"Love the dictionary. Very useful"
We greatly value your feedback so please rate our app on the 'user reviews' tab above and if you have any issues don't hesitate to contact us with the 'Email Developer' link below.
Without any complicated functions, Hello Words puts emphasis on the vocabulary itself and takes full advantage of the most basic words memorizing and training system , which will be easy for users to apply. You can start your vocabulary learning as soon as you open the App.
Hello Words supports languages of Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean. It includes three categories : HSK vocabulary outline/Daily Chinese vocabulary/Business Chinese vocabulary. Each category has Pronunciation, Translation, Word class , Example sentence as well as Practice parts which are in easy patterns but of detailed description. We do not focus on adding fancy functions but your practical use since memorizing words only needs patience and diligence. So take up your challenges in learning Chinese vocabulary now and we are here waiting for you!
Three Main Courses:
1、 HSK vocabulary outline
Level one : 200 words, 20 sub-levels
Level two : 169 words, 17 sub-levels
Level three : 349words, 35 sub-levels
Level four : 712words,72 sub-levels
Level five :1459 words, 146 sub-levels
Level six : 2683 words, 269 sub-levels
2、Daily Chinese vocabulary
Beginner :319 words, 20 sub-levels
Intermediate :969 words, 41 sub-levels
Advanced :2310 words, 70 sub-levels
3、Business Chinese vocabulary
Business Chapter(Life) :227 words, 12 sub-levels
Business Chapter(Business) :552 words, 29 sub-levels
HSChinese– A professional and sincere team
As a working team, we HelloHSK regard the following as our teamwork: “Our profession and experience on HSK , along with our faith and sincerity for you , bring us to maximize our excellence”. As a working team, we HelloHSK have concentrated those front-line teachers (over 10 years teaching experience) and technical elites together to prepare sincerely in building such sets of training system, which are of great efficiency and convenience. We focus on Teaching of Chinese, and we view Chinese culture spreading as our duty!
Casual Cantonese is an easy to use mobile resource that will aid you in your mission to learn the Cantonese language.
Casual Cantonese is recorded using native Hong Kong speakers and as such most vocabulary will be pronounced in 'lazy tone', this should minimise confusion when you first start to communicate with Hongkongers.
Casual Cantonese is FREE! We want to keep it this way, so for now it is supported by adverts (which I hope aren't too invasive).
* Jyutping, Yale and Hanzi
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speakers
* No internet connection required (after downloading add-on packs)
* Flash card memory game
* Quick-fire memory game
* Legacy language pack (includes 80+ words including; clothes, colours, numbers, family members and more)
* In the Classroom - Coming Soon (includes 50+ vocab that might come in helpful for teachers)
Learn to Speak Chinese!
Say Chinese Free is the Chinese conversation application consists of most frequently used Chinese sentences with the native speaker pronunciations.
Say Chinese is dedicated for everyone who wants to speak Chinese in short period with full efficiency.
Some of the features are:
•The Easiest and the Fastest Way to Talk in Chinese at Any Circumstances
•You don’t need to waste your time to find one sentence that you need in thousands of unneeded sentences. There are only useful sentences that you will most likely need.
•There is vocabulary part so that you can see how these sentences are made, and also you can create similar Chinese sentence by changing one particular word.
•Phonetic notation. (Pinyin)
•Native speaker recording. Clear and Perfect pronunciation &intonation.
•Voice repeat count option.
•Say Chinese Free consists of two categories: daily, airport (there are twelve categories in full version)
•No need of additional download
speak Chinese, Chinese speaking, talk Chinese, Chinese
Hundreds of courses (videos) with many subjects:
- Happy Chinese
- Grasp Chinese - Learn Mandarin Chinese
- Learning Chinese is Fun
- Learn Chinese Language with Emma
- Travel in Chinese
- The Basics of Mandarin
- Growing Up With Chinese
- eTeacherCHINESE Lessons
Lesson content is updated daily, to keep your practice fresh, relevant and exciting.
- Over 2000+ Common Phrase verbs, vocabularies and sentences with native Pronunciation.
- Extremely useful and Easy to Use.
- Many everyday subjects with carefully categorized.
- Recored and Compare your pronunciation.
- Instant search for Phrases by English and Cantonese.
- Bookmark and manage your favorites.
- No Internet connection required, use it anytime, anywhere.
- This app is a perfect travel companion when visiting Cantonese speaking countries and you don’t speak the language – and nobody understands yours.
Get the FREE vocabulary app right now!
* 6,000 words with images to illustrate words, phonetic transcriptions and pronunciation recordings by native speakers.
* Vocabulary covers 15 thematic topics divided into 140 subtopics.
* The entire vocabulary has been translated into 51 languages:
✔ English ✔ Afrikaans ✔ Albanian ✔ Arabic ✔ Azerbaijani ✔ Bengali ✔ Bulgarian ✔ Catalan (Simplified) (Traditional) ✔ Croatian ✔ Czech ✔ Danish ✔ Dutch ✔ Estonian ✔ Filipino ✔ Finnish ✔ French ✔ Georgian ✔ German ✔ Greek ✔ Hebrew ✔ Hindi ✔ Hungarian ✔ Icelandic ✔ Indonesian ✔ Italian ✔ Japanese ✔ Korean ✔ Latvian ✔ Lithuanian ✔ Macedonian ✔ Malay ✔ Norwegian ✔ Persian ✔ Polish ✔ Portuguese ✔Brazilian Portuguese ✔ Romanian ✔ Russian ✔ Serbian ✔ Slovak ✔ Slovenian ✔ Spanish ✔ Swahili ✔ Swedish ✔ Thai ✔ Turkish ✔ Ukrainian ✔ Urdu ✔ Vietnamese
* Select from 7 fun games to learn in a uniquely entertaining manner.
* Built-in "Spin Categories" feature allows the app to choose a random topic, subtopic and game for you to enhance your learning experience.
* "Review Manager" allows you to review all the words you've learned during each game.
* No internet connection is required to use the app.
* 3 difficulty levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
* Choose your preferred tuition language from 51 pre-programmed interface languages: Chinese, English, German, French, Turkish, Russian, Korean, Arabic, Thai, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, etc.
Learn Chinese app is absolutely FREE!
With funeasylearn.com learning apps, you can learn Chinese for free. Learn more than 6,000 words through image illustration, recorded pronunciation and native translation into 51 languages: Chinese, English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese. The app's vocabulary is divided thematically and covers most aspects of the everyday world, from the restaurant to the hotel, the home to the workplace, outer space to the animal kingdom. FunEasyLearn is a valuable learning tool as it has many fun games developed by experts.
FunEasyLearn is perfect for anyone who wants to learn Chinese, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, etc.
Please support us by leaving a good rating, or share this app with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ if you like it.
If you have any issues regarding this app, please feel free to let us know at
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Cantonese just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite, you'll master 200 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Cantonese language right on your Android device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Cantonese phrases. Learn Cantonese with audio recordings of a native Cantonese speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 200 most frequently used Cantonese words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Cantonese audio lessons when you sign up for a free CantoneseClass101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary Lite FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Android Tablet support
- Cantonese Top 200 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Hong Kong. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Cantonese vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, and class. (Note: You will need an internet connection for the initial download)
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest CantoneseClass101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Cantonese language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Cantonese learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive Android swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Cantonese
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic Cantonese pronunciation
200 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Cantonese Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
- Latest news from Hong Kong in traditional Chinese.
- Instant lookup of characters and words at your fingertips, get both the jyutping and the english definition.
- Auto-generated wordlist for each news article.
New features in 1.6!:
- Word separation! Each identified word gets separated by extra space, enable this in settings. A unique and very useful feature for beginners.
- Keep track of reading time and lookups! How many words have you looked up? How many minutes did you read today?
- Set a daily reading target
- Get a daily reminder if you are not on track with your reading target
- Medium to Advanced cantonese learners.
- Native cantonese speakers that want to read the daily news and improve their english vocabulary
- Advanced and Native mandarin readers that want to learn Cantonese.
- Anyone interested in Hong Kong and Cantonese culture!
Please suggest additional features or problems that needs to be fixed in the comments. This is the first release so please don't leave a bad grade for features that are missing before I had a chance to add them or fix temporary bugs.
Cantonese is difficult in that the written language that we use may not directly reflect on what we actually say in our day to day lives. As such, in my beginner courses I will only teach you how to speak and will avoid teaching you the written language.
This app is designed for YOU as an English speaker and it contains the following:
-Video Lectures to make sure you can hear and see how it sounds from a native Cantonese speaker
- Flash Cards that makes you remember all of the pronunciation
- Quizzes for you to see how well you are doing
This course provides a thorough explanation of the verbs being used in the Cantonese language.