NOTE that before updating the app you must perform a full uninstall of the older application.
SmartTransit supports more than 100 cities worldwide:
1.Los Angeles(Metro, LADOT)
2.San Francisco & North Bay region(SFMTA,AirBART,Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit and Ferries)
9.South Bay region(Torrance)
14.Alameda and Contra Costa(AC)
15.Central Contra Costa
17.North Lake Tahoe,Truckee
19.North San Diego
1.Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area(MTA)
2.Cape Cod Region(CCRTA)
4.Ashland, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Natick, Sherborn, Southborough, Sudbury, and Wayland(MW)
1.Minneapolis,Saint Paul,Airport(MAC),Anoka County Maple Grove,Plymouth,Prior Lake,Scott County,Shakopee,Univ of Minnesota(MetroTransit)
3.Apple Valley,Burnsville,Eagan,Rosemount and Savage
4.Chapel Hill,Carrboro&Univ of North Carolina
3.City of Corvallis and Albany/Linn Benton Loop(CTS)
1.Lehigh and Northampton(LANta)
2.Bucks,Chester,Delaware,Montgomery,Philadelphia Counties(SEPTA bus&rail)
★Utah,Salt Lake City(UTA)
8.Victoria, Whistler, Pemberton Local and Commuter, Squamish Commuter and Kelowna(BC Transit)
★Belgium:Flemish Region(De Lijn)
Just turn on the GPS and it will find all public transit stations around you and will list the name of the stations, routes/trips, next arrival times, your distance to the stop and your relative location to the stop on the Google maps,...
You could also add the stops to the favorite list. Once added to the list you won't need to enable the GPS anymore.
MTADroid helps you find the next light rail, bus, and MARC times to help your commute.
Real time updates for MARC trains coming soon.
Contact me on twitter for help or feedback @chap19150
key words: Baltimore, Maryland, Washington DC, MARC trains
TriMet transit also includes the ability to download route schedules.
TriMet transit allows you to define alerts for TriMet routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of TriMet buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any TriMet route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for TriMet stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a TriMet vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by TriMet.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by TriMet, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using TriMet's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of TriMet vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for TriMet alerts.
This is not an official TriMet app; I am not affiliated with TriMet in any way.