* Quick navigation to critical information
* Custom bookmarks let you quickly return to your favorite pages
* Expanded search capability
* Add notes to a page
Nursing Essentials is an easy to use app with rich content, detailed illustrations, and pioneering features. Best of all, you know you can depend on the Nursing Essentials, because it was created by Informed Publishing®—the trusted leader in emergency reference information since 1986. Informed's print and digital guides are carried in the pockets, on mobile devices, and in the emergency vehicles of over one million first responders nationwide.
Whether you are a beginning or experienced nurse, this guide will be an essential tool throughout your career. Nursing Essentials is the one resource that both recent graduates and lifelong nurses depend on to keep all the information they need at their fingertips.
The second edition Nursing Essentials includes vital assessment information, with updated and expanded sections devoted to cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, pediatric, OB, GI/GU, and mental health topics. The new mental health section covers common disorders (anxiety, personality, bipolar, chemical dependency, eating disorders, schizophrenia, somatoform) and mental health assessment.
It provides updated reference information on drugs, infusions, and laboratory values, with information on medications, blood products, calculations, and PO, SQ, IM, IO administration procedures, with a new expanded section on IV administration guidelines. Also featured are fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base imbalances, as well as a new pain assessment chart and Spanish translations.
* Acid-Base Imbalances
* Complete Neurological Assessment
* Pediatric Drug Dosages
* Pain Assessment
* Geriatric & Cultural Considerations
* Organ Donation Considerations
* Burn and Dermatome Charts
* Metric Conversions
* Spanish translations
* Restraint and Back Safety
* Tips For Workload / Report Organization
* Insertion / Management of Catheters, Gastric, and Chest Tubes
Featuring interactive calculators for Glasgow, burns, and metric conversions.
NOTE: For issues related to problems downloading the app or with refunds please call 1-888-624-8014 or email email@example.com. Please contact us before leaving negative reviews.
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
Preview – View select topics to experience how you can quickly find a correct nursing diagnosis and move forward to complete a specific care plan.
Buy – Purchase Nursing Diagnosis Handbook at any time using your Google Play account.
Sign In – Current subscribers can download the entire resource to their device by entering their username and password.
About Nursing Diagnosis Handbook:
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook delivers the essential information needed to quickly reach an accurate nursing diagnosis and write effective care plans. Users can locate suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300 signs and symptoms, medical diagnoses, surgeries, and disorders, then link directly to 200+ detailed sample care plans. Topics contain citations with links to the PubMed database making Nursing Diagnosis Handbook the perfect evidence-based guide for practicing nurses and nursing students.
Features of Nursing Diagnosis Handbook include:
• Cross-reference links from diagnoses to care plans
• Suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300+ patient symptoms
• 200+ detailed care plans for NANDA-I accepted diagnoses
• Pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home and critical care nursing interventions
• PubMed links to evidence-based research
• Nursing references identified in each care plan
• Root Cause Thinking to determine underlying causes of disease
• Universal Index Search help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN; Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
== PLEASE NOTE: Application requires a current paid subscription to the online Nursing Central service. ==
Nursing Central helps nurses and students find detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures. The moment a question arises you can consult the automatically updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with more than 65,000 entries, interpret hundreds of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also subscribe to your favorite nursing journals and search the entire MEDLINE/PubMed database directly from your mobile device.
Five great nursing applications combine to form Nursing Central.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to need-to-know information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
TABER’S MEDICAL DICTIONARY
Define over 65,000 medical terms and enhance learning with images, videos, and audio pronunciations. Define terms in-text with Glimpse™ technology.
DAVIS’S LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Access rationale and results for tests as well as pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test patient care.
DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Review complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions.
MEDLINE Journals/MEDLINE Search
Connect to more than 22+ million MEDLINE/PubMed journal citations and abstracts on your mobile device. Stay up to date with your favorite medical journals, perform powerful searches, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence™, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
Nursing Central for Mobile + Web features:
• Trusted, up-to-date disease, drug, and test information
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Thousands of colorful images, figures, and videos
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Access to 22+ million journal entries form MEDLINE/PubMed
• Universal Index Search to help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
• Web access for one year
How It Works:
Current Nursing Central for Mobile + Web subscribers:
• Install the application on your device.
• Open the application and enter your Nursing Central for Mobile + Web username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The Nursing Central content will be downloaded to your devices over your wireless connection.
Disorders section contains commonly encountered medical-surgical diseases and disorders arranged alphabetically and organized in an easy-to-use format.
- For each profile, Disorders includes the information about Description, Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestations, Complications, Diagnostic Studies, Collaborative Care (including drug therapy) and Nursing Management
- Patient and family teaching content has been expanded.
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and families need to know about the care of various conditions.
- A mobile format makes this resouce easy to carry in the clinical setting.
- Contains brief explanations of common medical-surgical treatments and procedures (e.g., pacemakers, oxygen therapy) in which the role of the nurse is emphasized.
- Treatments and Procedures includes information you need to know about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as CPR, tube feeding, and artificial airway management.
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases.
- Also contains a list of commonly-used abbreviations and key phrases translated into Spanish.
1) List down all your random duties and doctor's orders!
2) Set reminder for each tasks in seconds!
3) Use your valuable time effectively in providing care!
4) Avoid Medical errors!
5) Be an efficient and competent Nurse!
Hello dear Nurses,
''Nurse's Aid'' is a free android reminder app, which helps nurses and other healthcare professionals to minimize the work load by organizing their duties effectively round the clock.
Six major advantages of this app:
1. It helps to remind random tasks associated with patients.
2. It is very user friendly and we can edit the default tasks on the app.
3. An overview display helps to review all tasks set on the app.
4. Setting reminder is very easy within 5 sec.
5. Its talking alarm feature (in paid version) helps to remind tasks when we are unable to pick the device and see the app ( especially when we are attending some procedure.
6.Very effective tool for effective handover among nurses and avoid medical errors.
''Now hit on the install button and start enjoying your nursing job and bag immense blessings from your clients''
Don't forget to provide your reviews and comments and give us your support by giving a 5 star *****
****For advanced features, please download the pro version of Nurses Aid on googleplay
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ****
Specifically geared towards patient-care, this instant-access guide provides registered nurses with essential, up-to-the-minute information on the selection and administration of 1,000 commonly used medications. This nursing classic is revised annually to reflect approval of new drugs, changes in usage of current drugs, and withdrawal of older ones.
* Organized alphabetically by generic drug name
* Mechanisms of action
* Common usage and dosage
* Side effects
* Drug Interactions
* Nursing implications
* New drugs
* Patient education
* Expanded coverage of medical herbs
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This very useful drug reference will easily fit in your lab coat pocket. The information is accurate and up to date. Due to size constraints, only the most frequently used medications are included in this book. This book retains its value by being revised yearly and maintaining a database of the most current information."--Doody's Review Service
Judith Barberio PhD, RN, APN, C, ANP, GNP, FNP, SNC is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rutgers University School of Nursing. In addition to being the author of the annual Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide, she has conducted research on chronic illness, primary health care in urban settings, pharmacology and pain control, and health policy. She is also President of the Rutgers University School of Nursing Alumni Association.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
- 290+ quality questions with detailed explanations
- Study mode: get instant answers and useful explanation, study at your own pace; support sound effect
- Favorite mode: add any question to your favorite and simply focus on studying them is 10 times more efficient
- Test mode: simulate the real exam experience, get detailed results and scoring;
- Test mode: review your exam questions with answers and explanations;
- Settings: with flexibility to change font size, sound control, and the number of questions in your test
- No data connection required, all data stored on device
iMobiApp, the publisher of this product, is not affiliated with or endorsed by any testing organization. All organizational and test names are trademarks of their respective owners. The content of the application might include inaccuracies or typographical errors, for which the owner can not be held liable.
The Medical Surgical Nurse certification indicates specialization in providing nursing care to the medical or surgical patient within the hospital-based setting. The Medical Surgical Nurse is frequently employed to provide direct nursing care and nursing interventions to those patients who are recovering from acute disease, exacerbations of chronic disease, or those patients who require post-operative care.
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
*Seasoned Nurses may not find this app useful!*
General information from medical terminology, medical abbreviations, medical suffixes and prefixes, different type of calculators, lung and heart sounds, subcutaneous injection sites, medical calculation practice, practice questions on various nursing subjects, and much more!
Like this app? Get DONATE version!
- no Ads
- 300+ (and growing) medical terms than lite version
- access to BMI chart in BMI calculator
- more RSS feeds to keep up with news in the health field
- more heart/lung sounds to listen to
- more available questions for game/review modes
- plus so much more!
Don't forget to RATE and COMMENT! Thank you!
• Edited by Linda Stanford, RN, MSN, this app is known for its practical interventions and detailed rationales.
• Updates from clinical experts ensure the most current, accurate, and relevant content.
• Consistent format for each care plan allows fast lookup of Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, and Assessments, Interventions, and Rationales.
• Sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing make it easy to find information rapidly.
• A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to find patient-centered information.
• Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you set goals for nursing outcomes and provide efficient, quality care.
• NANDA-I taxonomy updates keep you current with NANDA-I diagnoses.
• Updated content covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
• NANDA-I nursing diagnoses include adult failure to thrive, chronic confusion, risk for shock, interrupted breastfeeding, and impaired environmental interpretation syndrome.
The user makes the entry time and volume, and thereby obtains the amount of drops or microdrops per minute.
Displays in the equipo of drops at the same rate that was calculated.
Tag: health, hospital, nurse, nursing, calculator, calculate, drops, saline, drug, device, physiological solution
WAGmob brings you Simple 'n Easy, on-the-go learning app for "Nursing 101".
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts.
Designed for both students and adults.
This app provides a quick summary of essential concepts in Nursing 101 by following snack sized chapters:
(Each chapter has corresponding flashcards)
Introduction to Nursing,
Nursing Theories and Research,
Legal Aspects of Nursing,
Health Care Delivery System,
Community Based Nursing,
Values, Ethics and Advocacy,
Life Span Development,
Assessment of Health,
Basic Roles of Nursing Care,
Integral Components of Patient Care,
Medication in Patients,
Promoting Psychological Health,
Promoting Physiological Health.
About WAGmob apps:
1) A companion app for on-the-go, bite-sized learning.
2) Over Three million paying customers from 175+ countries.
Why WAGmob apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Effective, Engaging and Entertaining apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
*** WAGmob Vision : simpleNeasy apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.***
*** WAGmob Mission : A simpleNeasy WAGmob app in every hand.***
*** WAGmob Platform: A unique platform to create and publish your own apps & e-Books.***
Please visit us at www.wagmob.com or write to us at Team@wagmob.com.
We would love to improve our app and app platform.
Clinical Nursing Skills: Basic to Advanced Skills is the most complete, up-to-date and useful guide to modern clinical nursing skills available! With more than 1,200 full-color images illustrating more than 800 new and updated skills, it is the definitive resource for best practice nursing standards, guidelines, and competencies. Through extensive case studies and critical thinking features, and thoroughly explained the rationales for each skill and technique. Strong coverage of evidence-based care, cultural/religious considerations, nursing management, and community based nursing is provided throughout. Easily adaptable to any conceptual curriculum model, this text also contains hundreds of NCLEX®-style review questions. This edition adds a new chapter on neurological care; has integrated coverage of home care throughout; provides substantial new coverage of the 2010 national patient safety goals; and contains approximately 50 new skills.
- More than 1,200 full-color photographs, line drawings, charts, and tables–depicting step-by-step, up-to-date nursing procedures and equipment
- Approximately 50 new skills–added throughout the book, reflecting the National Council Test Plan and NCLEX objectives
- Heat and cold modalities–including expanded theory and rationale; warm air blankets; updated infant radiant warmers; and induced hypothermia
- Advanced Skills coverage–now including SvO2 and intra-aortic balloon pump content, as well as updated on preventing ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Medication Administration guidelines–including new guidelines for parenteral and enteral medication administration, medication reconciliation, medication labeling, and barcode medication administration
- Extensive new coverage of national patient safety goals
- Gives students a single source for complete nursing skill content and procedural steps, so they won’t have to check additional sources
- Learning Objectives and Terminology–supporting the text’s explanations of procedures with a clear, understandable theoretical foundation
- Nursing Diagnoses phrased in current terminology–preceding the text’s step-by-step procedures
- Rationales for specific nursing actions–explain why each action is performed
- Clinical Alerts–calling attention to safety issues, essential information, and actions that require critical decision making
- Cultural Competence features–illuminating the role that cultural diversity principles play in providing effective client care
- Documentation guidelines–explaining how to document skill, outcome, and client response, and why it is crucial to do so
- Gerontologic Considerations–presenting specific concepts influencing or affecting care of the elderly
- Expanded Management Guidelines–including legal, safe, and appropriate delegation of responsibilities.
What is a doo-dad? A doo-dad is a widget that sole purpose is to add a little bling to your screen without having to change your background or theme. Do you have the perfect wallpaper or theme but it is missing some little something to set it off? That's where doo-dads come in. Doo-dads come in various sizes and put very little drain on your battery.
1. Purchase, download and install
2. Go to blank area on screen and long hold (press and hold)
3. When menu comes up select Widgets
4. Look for the doo-dad you installed and select it
Your doo-dad should appear on the screen. If you would like to move it around just press and long hold until you see the doo-dad increase in size then move it to where you want it.
Everybody's screen needs a doo-dad!
keywords: RN, Registered, Nurse, medical, doo-dads, doodads