Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management.
How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome. Whether you are a project manager who is in charge of a large company project or you have a small project that you need to complete, you need to know the basics of project management.
Trying to get a project off the ground can be daunting, as can the problems that can come with the project. You might run into snags during your project that may cause you some headaches. Project management can be one challenge after another.
If you have been feeling overwhelmed when it comes to project management and a bit disorganized, you can benefit from this book.
Once you learn the secrets to project management, you can learn not only how to successfully manage your projects at work, but also to manage individual projects.
Here is what you will discover inside...
★ Chapter 1 – Introduction
★ Chapter 2 – Creating A Project Management Methadology
★ Chapter 3 – Where Does The Buck Stop?
★ Chapter 4 – Can You Manage Yourself Out Of A Paper Bag?
★ Chapter 5 – Setting The Stage For A Successful Project
★ Chapter 6 – The Importance Of Developing And Maintaining A Budget
★ Chapter 7 – Taking Action - Execution Of The Plan
★ Chapter 8 – Rules To Manage By
★ Chapter 9 – Your Personality And Project Management Style
★ Chapter 10 – The Cycle Of Decision Making
★ Chapter 11 – Getting Your Project Back On Track
★ Chapter 12 – Keeping It Moving
★ Chapter 13 -Problems and Solutions
You will learn how you can make your project work and be the successful project manager.
*** On Sale Now! (Normal Price $19.99) ***
Get it now before promotion ends!
This version contains 'Sample Data' only.
Another version of application is available with Odata(SAP gateway) on request.
The purpose of this application is to enable Project Managers to effectively manage his Project by providing him a real time view of the Project Status and Information anytime anywhere. It enables the Project Manager to monitor the Scheduled Activities of the Project, thus allows him to keep a track of the Activity Progress of the Project and also maintains the Team Information working on a task. He can also view the Financial Reports and Activity Project Report for the Project for the previous, current and next fiscal year.
Projects : This module gives an overall information on the projects and their improvement status viz., Active , Inactive, Prelim and Archived.
2.Client : This lists all the clients.
3.Contacts : This lists all the contact information's.
4.Invoice : This provides the user to generate invoice for each job in the project.
You can easily and quickly create job quotes and invoices. As you create quotes or invoices for customers, those names and items are stored for later use so that you can quickly create new quotes or invoices with items that you entered previously without needing to type all the information again. Time is money, and this app will allow you save plenty of time.
Your customers will be very happy as well. Not only will they be able to receive quotes and invoices via email before you even leave the job site, but they will receive the quote/invoice in PDF format. The PDF will have your company contact information as well as the customers information. The file is similar to what you would see in many invoice applications.
Rules of project management:
- The Project Manager
- Initial Work
- Reviews and Reports
- Contractors and Contracting
- Engineers and Scientists
- Computers and Software
- Senior Management, Program Offices, and Above
- Program Planning, Budgeting, and Estimating
- The Customer
- NASA Management Instructions
- Decision Making
- Professional Ethics and Integrity
- Project Management and Teamwork
- Treating and Avoiding Failures
Visit our website: http://www.dronkost.com/
Browse, search and apply for the latest contract jobs from leading recruitment agencies across the UK. Share them with a friend or email the job to yourself for later.
Enter a few details about your hourly rate or annual salary and calculate how much you will take home after tax.
Enter your job title, location and sector and search our database of jobs to see if your hourly rate is in line with the average in the UK. Use as a guide to negotiate your package, or to help you decide on a new position.
Our easy to use shift calendar is designed for you to create your job, and then track the shift you work. Great for helping you to fill in time-sheets at the end of the week, or just to check you got paid the right amount.
Our expert partners, from Recruitment Consultants to Business Mentors to Financial Advisors will be providing news to keep you up-to-date and in the know.
You won’t find the offers on the Mobile Contractor app anywhere else, as they are exclusive to us. Delivered with freelance professionals in mind you can expect to receive discounts on services, freebies and more.
Features exclusive to the paid version
- PDF export of gantt diagrams, tasklists and resource cost and work
- Add project tasks to Google Tasks
- Exported excel files include resource cost data and task duration
- Manual selection of the file export location
- No ad banner
Features in the paid and free version
- Multiple projects
- Overview of tasks across all projects that might need your attention
- View your tasks in a gantt diagram or a simple task list
- Custom calendars allow you to plan your tasks with respect to your working and free times
- Use resources to keep track of cost and work for each task, resource and project
- Add the tasks of your projects to your device calendar or use the app internal notifications
- Import MS Project .mpp-files (additional plugin needs to be installed)
- Load and save MS Excel files (xls, additional plugin needs to be installed)
- Load and save MS Project MSPDI-XML files
- Load and save CSV files as supported by spreadsheet software like Excel
- Notification system to notify you when a task is starting or finishing
- Android Backup Service support to automatically backup your data (can be activated in the settings)
Supported project file formats
- MS Project (.mpp) – read-only support
- MS Excel (.xls) – reading and writing
- MS Project (.xml) – reading and writing
- CSV (comma separated values) – reading and writing
- PDF documents (Paid version only!)
- PNG images
Separately available plugins
- Project Schedule - Contacts (link your contacts to project resources)
- Project Schedule - Office (import MS Project mpp and MS Excel files)
- Project Schedule - PDF Export (paid version only!)
Please report your thoughts about app features, feature requests or bugs by email or use the contact form on the website.
Define the scope and objectives
For any project to be successful you need to understand what the project is supposed to achieve. Suppose your boss asks you to organise a campaign to get the employees to donate blood. Is the aim of this to get as much blood donated to the local blood bank? Or, is it to raise the profile of the company in the local community? Deciding what the real objective is will help you to determine how you go about planning and managing the project.
The project manager also needs to define the scope of the project. Is the organisation of transport to take staff to the blood bank within the scope of the project? Or, should staff make their own way there? Deciding which activities are within the scope or out of scope of the project has a big impact on the amount of work which needs to be performed during the project.
An understanding of who are the stakeholders is also crucial if you are going to enlist their support and understand what each person expects to be delivered from the project. Once you've defined the scope and objectives, you will need to get the stakeholders to review them and agree to them as well as agreeing who should be on the list of stakeholders.
Define the deliverables
To achieve the desired outcome from the project, you must define what things (or products) are to be delivered by the end of the project. If your project is an advertising
campaign for a new chocolate bar, then one of the deliverables might be the artwork for a newspaper advert. So, you need to decide what tangible things are to be delivered and document in enough detail what these things are. At the end of the day, someone will end up doing the work to produce the deliverable, so it needs to be clearly and unambiguously described.
Keep all your work in your back pocket. Download this companion app to Smartsheet’s wildly popular web-based project management, task management and work collaboration software.
Over 2 million people have chosen Smartsheet for their project and task management because it makes them more productive than ever before. Here’s how:
- Familiar: Based on a spreadsheet format so there’s no learning curve. If you know how to use a spreadsheet, you’ll feel instantly comfortable in Smartsheet.
- Powerful: Keep related information together and in the cloud so there’s no need to dig through emails or wonder if tasks are complete. The entire project and all associated documents and communication are neatly organized and instantly visible to collaborators and project managers in multiple ways - through spreadsheet, Gantt chart or calendar views.
- Flexible: Whether you’re building a content calendar, planning a company offsite, managing a sales pipeline, or tracking an HR hiring process, chances are you turn to a spreadsheet to manage the process. Smartsheet gives you the spreadsheet format you’re used to for all these tasks and more, but with the ability to share, attach relevant documents, set reminders and track everything in one place - in real time.
“[Smartsheet] was exactly what we needed to knock down the communication silos in our company. With Smartsheet, my team can track and participate in business operations from any office location, on the road, or in the fields.”
Contractor Rewards is a rewards program for professional builders, remodelers, and trade contractors in the construction industry. Contractor Rewards lets you earn rewards for your business, your employees, and yourself, just for buying quality products from leading building products manufacturers. It's free and easy to participate.
Acessing your construction project information is now easy using your Android smartphone, when you are out of office, on site, or in a meeting with project team members and synchronizing with Ap4 Project Managers web application.
Manage project day to day tasks and files on your smartphone. You can manage, share and control day to day tasks and files from wherever you are.
With Ap4 Mobile, project members will become more connected than ever before, simplifying work, working better and ensuring the success of each architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) project.
Ap4 Mobile Feature Checklist:
- Manage your project to-do lists and notify your project teams in real-time
- Manage your project files and folders. Update, share, and comment blueprints and files on the go.
- Take onsite photographs, draw and upload them directly into Ap4 Project Managers and share with your project teams
- Check your project files, photos, and task updates
- Turn your project information (files and photos) into tasks.
Who is it for?
- Project Managers
- Home Owners
- Project Owners
- Civil Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Project Engineers