1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
★ Tiny file size
★ Uses the camera LED as a super bright flashlight
★ Optional screen light
★ Elegant, simple design
Recently Tested with:
★ Nexus 5
★ Samsung Galaxy S4
★ Samsung Galaxy Note II
★ Nexus 4
★ Samsung Galaxy S3
★ Samsung Galaxy Ace
★ HTC One
and supports hundreds of other models too!
Fantastic device support backed up by rapid email response makes this the only flashlight app you will ever need and its free to use!
We have had many reports that this torch app works across many devices where others don't so if other torch apps have failed, maybe this is the one for you.
The permissions are to allow the application to access to the LED light of the camera (if you have one) and the others are to show some ads to support development and for this only.
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
Get the brightest, fastest, and most feature rich front light with video camera zoom for phones & tablets. The app uses the front camera light on the device as a camera light and then allows you to zoom in! Plus you can setup a timer so that the light turns off after a few minutes as well. You can also use your camera zoom flash light when the area is dim. There are many ways you can use the torch flash light!
Flashlight - Torch LED Light provides a powerful light plus gets you an extremely useful magnifying glass (Magnifier)! Get the best magnifying glass in the market today! Download for free now!
How can you use the front LED light? Let us count the ways!
* Set light timer - light up room
* Use torch to open doors in low light
* Find things in purse
* Find keys in the dark
* Read in dark
* Replace backyard bulb at night
* walking to your car at night
* During a power outage
* Hiking or outdoors
* SOS during emergencies
* Torch Light Activates Instantly
* Front Light With Video Zoom / Magnifying Glass (Must Have)
* Strobe Light Effect with Speed Control
* Clap For Light On/Off Control
* Flip Device On/Off Control
* Multiple Tap Light On/Off
* Energy Saving Light
* Set Custom Light Timing
* Battery Indicator
Special Feature: Flash light + Video Zoom View (Magnifier)
Few examples of where to use light with zoom feature: Need to read the label on the back of the washer or zoom torch light to back of TV and read serial number for repair. Ability to Zoom in with light is extremely helpful in hard to reach places. The easy to use magnifying glass is extremely helpful when you least expect it and a must have feature!
The flashlight is fully optimized for tablets. Thank you for using our bright lamp. We hope you think this is the best lantern (фенерче, El feneri) in the market. Please let us know how we can continue to improve the free flash light app.
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro features!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Known issues :
- When Screen Dimmer is on, you can't install apps manually or allow root access with SuperSu, please disable Screen Dimmer when doing so.
- Disabling key's backlights doesn't work on most Samsung devices.
• Tasker support:
== What is the BLN mod? ==
The BLN mod turns the touchkey backlights into a notification led.
It enables any android application to use the touchkey backlights of your phone as a notification led.
== What does this app? ==
This application gives you control over the settings of the BacklightNotification modification (BLN mod) on your phone and some additional functionality.
If the BLN mod is not yet installed on your phone, then the app can direct you to instructions for the BLN mod installation.
== Supported phones: ==
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Google Nexus S
== Features: ==
* enable/disable the BLN function
* adjustable timeout of static led notification
* update notification (new BLN app, liblights or kernel releases)
Have a look at the Pro version, if you want some additional features:
* Locale plug-in
* scheduler (disable BLN at night, ...)
and a few more.
** Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!
Please do NOT use the comments in the market for bug reports/feature requests or any other support requests.
Please contact me by e-mail or at xda-forum - thank you.
* Full screen
* Max brightness
* Multi colors and it's Mix
* Tap to change between colors.
No dead pixel found is better.
Identify AMOLED/SLCD panel:
Load a black backround.. and if it's not totaly black and you see a washed out black then you have a SLCD, if it's totaly black then it's a AMOLED.
Touch the screen to change modes.
Small gradient line on the top of the screen removed.
Can be installed on SD card.
NB: You can use this one for tablets, but for the best results it is better to download ScreenTest HD
Do you need to check your phones LCD screen for dead and stuck pixels. Usefull especially when buying used phones. Install this very small and simple app. This application will cycle colors that will be able to display non-working pixels.
Tap the screen to view next color or to stop color-cycling when it is running.
Stuck pixels are often incorrectly referred to as "dead pixels", which have a similar appearance. In a dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a pixel which is permanently white for TN panels and black for other types of panels. - Wikipedia
Disclaimer: This application will not fix dead pixels. Due to different LCD manufacturing techniques and technologies, this application does not guarantee to fix all found LCD problems. The fast color transition effects may potentially trigger seizures to people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.