1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
== What is the BLN mod? ==
The BLN mod turns the touchkey backlights into a notification led.
It enables any android application to use the touchkey backlights of your phone as a notification led.
== What does this app? ==
This application gives you control over the settings of the BacklightNotification modification (BLN mod) on your phone and some additional functionality.
If the BLN mod is not yet installed on your phone, then the app can direct you to instructions for the BLN mod installation.
== Supported phones: ==
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Google Nexus S
== Features: ==
* enable/disable the BLN function
* adjustable timeout of static led notification
* update notification (new BLN app, liblights or kernel releases)
Have a look at the Pro version, if you want some additional features:
* Locale plug-in
* scheduler (disable BLN at night, ...)
and a few more.
** Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight!
Please do NOT use the comments in the market for bug reports/feature requests or any other support requests.
Please contact me by e-mail or at xda-forum - thank you.
You no longer need to buy expensive testing box devices that only work for specific models.
With various configuration settings, you'll be able to conduct an LCD screen test with SPEED, ACCURACY and SAFETY of your logic board and LCD screen.
**Version 1.0 Features**
* Various testing modes including Automatic, Swipe, Touch and Shake.
* Tired of seeing Miss High Resolution Chinese woman image on start of test?
- Change by selecting an alternate image file on your device.
* Power-Off LCD screen after individual LCD test to prevent electrical damage to logic board and LCD screen.
* Bulk testing mode for high volume testing needs.
* Configurable testing speeds.
* Pause test and resume with touch and volume buttons (in case LCD touch is broken)
* Full Screen Pixel Range Test
* Default Brightness, Screen Positioning and Sound on App load.
* Sensitivity settings for Swipe and Shake.
* Color choice selection
* Audible sound tones for testing complete and screen power on/off.
- Application does not store or require access to any "personal" information and is currently free of ads and free to download.
** Best used with Flex Extender to prolong the life of your logic board connectors.
This is my first application. I appreciate any bugs or feature request you might have to be posted through a positive review rating and comment. In doing so, I promise to ensure this application will be updated to fit your needs and remain free of cost and any ads.
Do you need to check your phones LCD screen for dead and stuck pixels. Usefull especially when buying used phones. Install this very small and simple app. This application will cycle colors that will be able to display non-working pixels.
Tap the screen to view next color or to stop color-cycling when it is running.
Stuck pixels are often incorrectly referred to as "dead pixels", which have a similar appearance. In a dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a pixel which is permanently white for TN panels and black for other types of panels. - Wikipedia
Disclaimer: This application will not fix dead pixels. Due to different LCD manufacturing techniques and technologies, this application does not guarantee to fix all found LCD problems. The fast color transition effects may potentially trigger seizures to people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.
* Full screen
* Max brightness
* Multi colors and it's Mix
* Tap to change between colors.
No dead pixel found is better.
Identify AMOLED/SLCD panel:
Load a black backround.. and if it's not totaly black and you see a washed out black then you have a SLCD, if it's totaly black then it's a AMOLED.
[users reported working: Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, LG Optimus G, Motorola Razr, LG Optimus L4, HTC One X, Sony Ericsson WT19i, LG Motion 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note I, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Motorola Moto X, Motorola Droid Bionic, Huawei U8860, LG Optimus L7/P700, HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE, Motorola Droid Razr HD, HTC Sensation]
This application uses the LED of the camera at the back of the phone as an flashlight.
Nexus Flashlight is simple, but beautiful. Overview:
-Keep the LED on when switching the application or locking the screen.
-Create a notification for fast off-switching of the LED when not in the application itself.
-Turn on the LED on application start to save even more time.
-It is fast. You do not have to wait for multiple seconds to start the LED flash.
-Resizable Widget: Turn on the LED right from your homescreen
-Put the widget on your lockscreen (Android 4.2 only)
-Customizable widget to make it look like a standard app shortcut in order to integrate it nicer with other app shortcuts on your homescreen(*) [DOES NOT WORK ON THE NEXUS 5]
-Shortcut to quickly toggle the LED without opening the main application
-Customizable widget text size (Android 4.1.2+ only)
The standard size of the widget is 1x1. However, it can be resized to any size you like. Just tap and hold the widget and resize afterwards.
(*) Supported launchers are: Default launcher (AOSP), Nova Launcher, Nova Launcher HD, Holo Launcher, Holo Launcher HD, Apex Launcher.
However, in landscape, text below the customized widget is only supported on Nova Launcher, because the others mess up the layout in landscape.
Note: If you use the "Mimic launcher shortcut" option, the widget icon will not resize, if you enlarge the widget. Only use this option if you intent to use the widget as 1x1.
-Camera - take pictures and videos: Needed to start the camera and turn on the led. Controlling the led is not possible without access to the camera. There are no pictures taken and they could not be uploaded, because there is no permission request to access the internet.
-Prevent phone from sleeping: This is needed to prevent some devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3) from turning off the LED automatically when turning off the screen.
** If you encounter any issues, please send a message to my email address. **