1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
Get the brightest, fastest, and most feature rich front light with video camera zoom for phones & tablets. The app uses the front camera light on the device as a camera light and then allows you to zoom in! Plus you can setup a timer so that the light turns off after a few minutes as well. You can also use your camera zoom flash light when the area is dim. There are many ways you can use the torch flash light!
Flashlight - Torch LED Light provides a powerful light plus gets you an extremely useful magnifying glass (Magnifier)! Get the best magnifying glass in the market today! Download for free now!
How can you use the front LED light? Let us count the ways!
* Set light timer - light up room
* Use torch to open doors in low light
* Find things in purse
* Find keys in the dark
* Read in dark
* Replace backyard bulb at night
* walking to your car at night
* During a power outage
* Hiking or outdoors
* SOS during emergencies
* Torch Light Activates Instantly
* Front Light With Video Zoom / Magnifying Glass (Must Have)
* Strobe Light Effect with Speed Control
* Clap For Light On/Off Control
* Flip Device On/Off Control
* Multiple Tap Light On/Off
* Energy Saving Light
* Set Custom Light Timing
* Battery Indicator
Special Feature: Flash light + Video Zoom View (Magnifier)
Few examples of where to use light with zoom feature: Need to read the label on the back of the washer or zoom torch light to back of TV and read serial number for repair. Ability to Zoom in with light is extremely helpful in hard to reach places. The easy to use magnifying glass is extremely helpful when you least expect it and a must have feature!
The flashlight is fully optimized for tablets. Thank you for using our bright lamp. We hope you think this is the best lantern (фенерче, El feneri) in the market. Please let us know how we can continue to improve the free flash light app.
You no longer need to buy expensive testing box devices that only work for specific models.
With various configuration settings, you'll be able to conduct an LCD screen test with SPEED, ACCURACY and SAFETY of your logic board and LCD screen.
**Version 1.0 Features**
* Various testing modes including Automatic, Swipe, Touch and Shake.
* Tired of seeing Miss High Resolution Chinese woman image on start of test?
- Change by selecting an alternate image file on your device.
* Power-Off LCD screen after individual LCD test to prevent electrical damage to logic board and LCD screen.
* Bulk testing mode for high volume testing needs.
* Configurable testing speeds.
* Pause test and resume with touch and volume buttons (in case LCD touch is broken)
* Full Screen Pixel Range Test
* Default Brightness, Screen Positioning and Sound on App load.
* Sensitivity settings for Swipe and Shake.
* Color choice selection
* Audible sound tones for testing complete and screen power on/off.
- Application does not store or require access to any "personal" information and is currently free of ads and free to download.
** Best used with Flex Extender to prolong the life of your logic board connectors.
This is my first application. I appreciate any bugs or feature request you might have to be posted through a positive review rating and comment. In doing so, I promise to ensure this application will be updated to fit your needs and remain free of cost and any ads.
it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
* Full screen
* Max brightness
* Multi colors and it's Mix
* Tap to change between colors.
No dead pixel found is better.
Identify AMOLED/SLCD panel:
Load a black backround.. and if it's not totaly black and you see a washed out black then you have a SLCD, if it's totaly black then it's a AMOLED.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
Do you need to check your phones LCD screen for dead and stuck pixels. Usefull especially when buying used phones. Install this very small and simple app. This application will cycle colors that will be able to display non-working pixels.
Tap the screen to view next color or to stop color-cycling when it is running.
Stuck pixels are often incorrectly referred to as "dead pixels", which have a similar appearance. In a dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a pixel which is permanently white for TN panels and black for other types of panels. - Wikipedia
Disclaimer: This application will not fix dead pixels. Due to different LCD manufacturing techniques and technologies, this application does not guarantee to fix all found LCD problems. The fast color transition effects may potentially trigger seizures to people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.
IF YOU NEED SUPPORT PLEASE EMAIL ME!!!
I try to respond to ratings, but it's a very slow and inconsistent process. Emails are immediate and I can push a fix for you right away. Lose your /system/build.prop? There's a backup in /data/data/com.oumugai.densityadjuster/, just copy it back from there.
Type in a new density, reboot to test it, and if you like the results, go back to the app and store it permanently. If you don't like the density, or something crashes, just reboot the device to restore your original settings.
I wanted a way to test different densities, but be able to reboot if the results were bad or broke my launcher and just have my old density back. This app does this, by simply restoring original build props during the boot sequence. It's not the most elegant solution, in fact, it's kind of gross, but it does mean you can change your screen's DPI while out on the town without ending up in a broken state (or having to bust out your laptop, USB cable, ADB and emacs you sad, sad person).
I don't like having to do extra work. You shouldn't have to either. Don't get stuck with a device with an unusable display.
You can write a review, and wait 24 hours or so for it to get to me, and then I can push a fix which will take hours to propagate. Or you can email me at email@example.com, and cut hours (or days) out of the equation. Either way, please report any issues you encounter. I typically can push a fix immediately.
Want new versions before they arrive here? Of course you do. Join the open beta on G+:
Want the source? No you don't. It's on GitHub, regardless of how you feel about it.
Things to do:
- Could (still) be prettier
- Notification if your current DPI doesn't match persisted
- Better su twiddling
- Disclaimers? Speaking of which...
THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL SOFTWARE. I WROTE THIS IN AN AFTERNOON. IT WORKS ON ALL MY DEVICES. IT MAY NOT WORK ON YOURS. IF IT DOESN'T WORK, FILE A BUG. HOWEVER, I CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING. OK?
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
* The Flashlight you will never forget to bring when in need!
* With the most elegant design and the fastest startup
Main features :
• The brightest illuminator ever
• Fastest startup flashlight
• Strobe mode with sensitive frequency controller
• Built-in SOS flashlight signal
• Intuitive and elegant UI design
• Use the cam LED light!
★ Tiny file size
★ Uses the camera LED as a super bright flashlight
★ Optional screen light
★ Elegant, simple design
Recently Tested with:
★ Nexus 5
★ Samsung Galaxy S4
★ Samsung Galaxy Note II
★ Nexus 4
★ Samsung Galaxy S3
★ Samsung Galaxy Ace
★ HTC One
and supports hundreds of other models too!
Fantastic device support backed up by rapid email response makes this the only flashlight app you will ever need and its free to use!
We have had many reports that this torch app works across many devices where others don't so if other torch apps have failed, maybe this is the one for you.
The permissions are to allow the application to access to the LED light of the camera (if you have one) and the others are to show some ads to support development and for this only.
LCD for Arduino is not sponsored by or affiliated with Arduino.