This new Quiet Your Mind App, inspired by psychologist John Selby's Quiet Your Mind book and programs, merges tech and spirit through special audio, video and text guidance that aims your attention effortlessly in uplifting meditative directions.
At the heart of this app are 24 six-minute video experiences produced especially for this App program. Each experience introduces a special Focus Phrase created by John Selby - hold this Focus Phrase in mind throughout your day to stay heart-centered, creative, insightful, and responsive in all your activities.
Our many guided sessions will effortlessly strengthen your ability to quite negative thoughts and worries, and instead maintain a positive mindset, no matter what's happening in your life - pause for just two to six minutes, and quiet your mind as you shift into wholebody pleasure and vitality.
With our short-form programming, you don't have to struggle to discipline your attention - we do that for you, helping you develop a new, more mindful inner power that grows each new time you take a breather break with the app.
Whether or not you do any daily long-form meditative practice, this Quiet
Mind app will help you fit rejuvenating experiences into short time slots during your busy day, reinforcing mindful habits through new realms of reflection, contemplation, spiritual insight and realization.
• Our unique nature/art photos will keep you deeply in touch with your own bright nature, and help wake up bright feelings.
• A variety of 100 Short audio vacations will lead you into almost-instant pleasure and relaxation.
• Spin the Insight Wheel and receive a special saying or query to spark new hope and sudden realizations.
• Discover how our Breather Ball helps you tune mindfully into your next inhales and exhales.
• Move through all 24 programs, a new one each day, and master mindfulness meditation while also having fun.
• And the best news is - you don't have to do anything at all except turn on the app and enjoy the show, as tech merges with spirit to guide your attention naturally in meaningful directions.
Note: You can also enjoy this app at work or at school as a quick-quick 'mindfulness wake-up' insert into your busy day. All programming is secular, and grounded in cognitive psychology and mindfulness practices within the tradition of humanistic psychology.
Designed by psychologist John Selby with many years of introducing clients to new meaningful inner experience, the guided sessions contain no hidden 'conditions' and are entirely safe, professionally-responsible, and delightfully enjoyable.
The Quiet Your Mind App is not intended as medical treatment, although mindfulness has been proven to reduce anxiety and depression, and lessen suffering from pain. Always consult your doctor as needed.
John Selby's Guidebook, "Quiet Your Mind" is available at Amazon in kindle, paperback, and audio. Please join us at www.johnselby.com to learn more, read insightful blogs and articles, and share your own experiences!
Bio: John Selby ThD, the creative director of the programs on this app, is a spiritual psychologist with three decades of experience as a therapist. John has conducted brain research for the National Institutes of Health, did sociological NIH studies of family spiritual life, and published over 30 self-help and meditation books.He has recently worked in Silicon Valley developing at-work mindfulness programs for corporate use, and taught thousands his unique approach to short-form meditation.