Adjustable sensitivity by zooming in or out the earth image.
Play with it anytime or turn it on during your sleep.
Shake detection is subjective to each individual device build-in sensor and related supporting functions.
This app helps to detect movement of its underlying surface but it's not to be used as a sole resource to detect earthquake. Any damage, loss from using this app is at user's own risk.
By downloading or using this app, you agree to the above disclaimer.
-- Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious
-- A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth
-- 20 Best Android apps this week – Guardian News (10/4/2012)
-- Red Cross earthquake app helps before, during and after disaster – Cronkite News
-- Featured by AndroidPolice.com (10/2012)
Be ready for an earthquake with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
In addition here is what California recommends you to do in an Earthquake (source: http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/Earthquakes/Pages/qh_earthquakes_what.aspx)
Many people think having bottled water on hand is a good idea. That’s true, as long as you have enough. Many are certain that standing in a doorway during the shaking is a good idea. That’s false, unless you live in an unreinforced adode structure; otherwise, you're more likely to be hurt by the door swinging wildly in a doorway or trampled by people trying to hurry outside if you’re in a public place.
How to be Prepared
Electricity, water, gas and telephones may not be working after an earthquake. The police and fire departments are likely to be tied up. You should be prepared to fend for yourself for at least three days, preferably for a week.
You'll need food and water (a gallon a day per person); a first aid kit; a fire extinguisher suitable for all types of fires; flashlights; a portable radio; extra batteries, blankets, clothes, shoes and money (ATMs may not work); medication; an adjustable or pipe wrench to turn off gas or water, if necessary; baby and pet food; and an alternate cooking source (barbecue or camp stove). This list can also be applied to other disasters, such as floods or wildfires.
It’s also a good idea to decide beforehand how and where your family will reunite if separated during a quake and to conduct in-home practice drills. You might choose an out-of-the-area friend or relative that family members can call to check on you.
Securing water heaters, major appliances and tall, heavy furniture to prevent them from toppling are prudent steps. So, too, are storing hazardous or flammable liquids, heavy objects and breakables on low shelves or in secure cabinets.
Discuss earthquake insurance with your agent. Depending on your financial situation and the value of your home, it may be worthwhile.
During an Earthquake
If you're indoors, stay there. Get under -- and hold onto --a desk or table, or stand against an interior wall. Stay clear of exterior walls, glass, heavy furniture, fireplaces and appliances. The kitchen is a particularly dangerous spot. If you’re in an office building, stay away from windows and outside walls and do not use the elevator.
If you're outside, get into the open. Stay clear of buildings, power lines or anything else that could fall on you.
If you're driving, move the car out of traffic and stop. Avoid parking under or on bridges or overpasses. Try to get clear of trees, light posts, signs and power lines. When you resume driving, watch out for road hazards.
If you're in a mountainous area, beware of the potential for landslides. Likewise, if you're near the ocean, be aware that tsunamis are associated with large earthquakes. Get to high ground.
If you’re in a crowded public place, avoid panicking and do not rush for the exit. Stay low and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms.
After an Earthquake
Check for fire or fire hazards. If you smell gas, shut off the main gas valve. If there's evidence of damage to electrical wiring, shut off the power at the control box.
If the phone is working, only use it in case of emergency. Likewise, avoid driving if possible to keep the streets clear for emergency vehicles.
Be aware that items may fall out of cupboards or closets when the door is opened, and also that chimneys can be weakened and fall with a touch. Check for cracks and damage to the roof and foundation of your home.
Earthquakes info is a quake application that based on multiple data sources.
With this app, you can get the latest seismic info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- Search by date wise and magnitude wise
Earthquakes Info, Earthquake, Earthquakes, Earthquake Alert, Earthquakes information, seismic , earthquake real time, Tsunami, quake, temblor, convulsion, Quaker, seismicity, cataclysm, seismograph, shock wave, Latest earthquakes, Earthquakes latest, World earthquakes, Earthquakes in world, Earthquakes geo-location, latest Quakes, magnitude, Epicentml distance, seismic,
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email email@example.com
Oz Quake is an earthquake monitoring app which displays the latest earthquakes reported over last 7 days by multiple international agencies.
# List of recent earthquakes with time, magnitude, distance to epicenter and depth.
# Earthquake details and additional info.
# A map with all earthquakes.
# Optionally can display most active volcanoes and volcanoes active this week.
# Optionally can display tectonic plates boundaries.
# Standard, satellite or hybrid map.
# Change measurement units.
# Multiple data sources:
- US Geological Survey (USGS),
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC),
- GeoScience Australia,
- GeoNet (NZ),
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam (GFZ),
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC),
- British Geological Survey (BGS).
Stay tuned - more features are coming!
In this App you can see this topic.
1. Earthquake Preparedness and Survival Tips
2. How to Locate an Earthquakes Epicenter
3. How to Make an Earthquake Home Kit
4. How to Protect Your Children From Earthquakes While They Sleep
5. How to View Earthquake Icons in Google Earth
And you can see the Video and Game
keyword : Earthquake Map Alert
With a Holo interface you can have the latest earthquakes, have notifications when they happen based on the time frequency you chose.
- Track latest earthquakes from around the world
- Notification Alerts
You will receive a notification when a earthquake happens, based on the frequency and magnitude you chose
- Select the minimum magnitude
- Three Holo themes to chose from
- No ads
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
It is the Earthquake Early Warning receiving application using (GCM) push notification.
By taking advantage of the (GCM) push notification, you can receive a preliminary report by the power-saving quick.
・I'm developing to target the 4.1.2 · 4.2.2 · 4.3 Android.
・I received the first report of earthquake early warning. This is not a final report, some errors will be included in the information.
・The maximum seismic intensity of the Japan Meteorological Agency forecast announcement of 3 or more, or magnitude will receive a preliminary report of 3.5 or more.
・I will positioning the place where its low power consumption. Order to use the NETWORK positioning error of a few kilometers will occur.
・GPS positioning is also possible. (Battery consumption will be more)
・By combining the location positioning, regional settings prior is unnecessary.
・The operation of the present application, GooglePlay developers the latest services, GoogleMaps is required. Please install the latest version in advance.
・I do not guarantee notification of 100%. When an earthquake occurs, please try to keep to get from TV and radio, etc..
And time it takes to obtain the position information. Could be improved by placing the mobile phone in places where radio waves can reach.
・If the notification arrives early, there may be times when you arrive late.
・Earthquake early warning is not a thing to be announced for all earthquakes.
・Battery consumption will change radio wave conditions, the state of the mobile phone. Please note.
・If you do not receive the things of the accidental radio wave condition, and other mobile phone side.
・You may want to delay the Wifi connection.
software บ้านๆๆ โดยคนบ้านๆๆ เพื่อคนบ้านๆๆ
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
- Use the app as an alerter and fire a sound alarm in case a quake is detected. Report an earthquake that you felt and see the real time map with the reports of the other users and their messages related to the quake. Use the chat to share information about the quakes.
- Receive quasi real time notifications of the quakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
- Receive real time E-MAIL notifications of the quakes reported within a radius from your position.
- View the earthquake detected in real time by USGS (U.S. Geological Survey), EMCS (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre) which includes Chile earthquakes, INGV (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia), IGN (Instituto Geográfico Nacional), CSI (China Seismic Information) and JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency) with information on magnitude, depth, intensity and time. The California earthquakes are updated in less than 10 minutes.
- View the global tectonic plates.
- View the hazard of strong quakes globally.
- Check if the quake generated a tsunami in the ocean.
- View the population living in 3 different radius from the epicenter of each quake.
- Show high resolution maps of volcanoes (in beta version).
- Enter the Earthquake Network contest and guess where the next eartquakes will strike.
Q: What is Earthquake Network?
A: Earthquake Network is the first Android application for detecting earthquakes through a global network of smartphones and pads. Moreover, it provides information on the earthquakes detected by the global monitoring networks.
Q: How does it work?
A: When the device detects the waves of a quake, the event is notified to a server along with your geographic position.
Q: What happens if I move my device?
A: Since the single device is not reliable, a quake is actually detected when many devices in the same area detect the quake at the same time.
Q: How do I use the app?
A: Start the application and use your device as always. The application works as a seismometer only when the device is placed over an horizontal surface, is charging and the screen is off.
Q: Does the app drain my battery?
A: No. The app is only running when the device is on charge.
Q: Does the app collect personal informations?
A: No. Only the geographic position is anonymously collected and it is deleted from the server after 10 minutes if no earthquakes are detected.
Q: Why should I keep Earthquake Network on my device?
A: Because the app can be useful to detect earthquakes only if it is installed on a large number of devices and it is free. Thanks for your cooperation!
1. Information is given predominantly in English. User reports from Japanese sources are translated where possible.
2. Push notification option, which provides a quick alert to your phone status bar when initial tremors are reported at the epicenter.
3. Fast (sometimes within seconds of first tremors). This is because information is not solely from JMA (which usually has a 5 mins delay), but also from social media and other firsthand sources around Japan. Frequency of update is 10 seconds.
4. Links to detailed information (intensity, magnitude, coordinates, etc.) and maps are provided and can be browsed within the app itself. These are mostly in English as well.
5. Simple, compact and fuss-free user interface.
6. It's FREE. Well, almost... it is supported by one tiny ad which is non-intrusive.
NOTE TO USER
You may notice that several permissions are required. Internet and Network permissions are understandable as the information is real-time. The other permissions pertain primarily to the C2D messaging (a.k.a push notification) by Google. Note that the notification option can be turned OFF.
Where possible, translations have been made. This is an ongoing work so do expect a little Japanese slipping in here and there in the reports.
As some of the information are obtained from social media or user reports, accuracy of the reports may vary, particularly for very early warnings. For more certainty, you may wish to refer to JMA reports.
Feature requests are welcomed. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit for the information goes to Japan Meteorological Agency, earthquake.transrain.net, p2pquake and various social media platforms.
Earthquake, quake, tremors, warning system, alert, alarm, 地震, JMA, real-time, seismograph, seismic activity, P2P, crowd sourcing, Japan, 日本, richter, tsunami
You can browse the latest earthquake information in Japan on your Android
Although it is still in the experimental stage, you will also be able to
receive the latest earthquake information with the push notification
feature. However the feature does not guarantee that you will receive
notifications for all earthquakes. Please make sure you use it as substitute
tool when there is no alternative way to find the latest information. You
need to activate this feature first from Setting.
Please note that all the information for recent earthquakes shown in our
lists and push notifications are our initial findings. They may be different
from official information.
About KeepAlive interval
Please try not to change the settings from default. If you change it, push
notifications might fail to reach to your mobile or the battery could run
If your router has NAT timer, NAPT, or TCP timer setting, making Wi-Fi
KeepAlive value about 1 minute smaller than the router's setting could
decrease use of the battery.
About current location issue
There is a chance the distance between your location and the epicentre is
not shown. This is because this app estimates the distance based on your
last location being recognized by Android. So if you have never used apps
which require GPS, your current location cannot be recognized and you will
receive alerts for all areas. The positioning process takes time and
positioning after receiving our alert is too late to reflect your location
on our information.
We've also added support for Tsunami Alerts. Choose which of several regions (US West Coast/Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Caribbean) you want to receive alerts for. Notifications of alerts will appear in your status bar and details are available in the Alert History. Alerts are obtained from the US NOAA national Weather Service feeds.
* Optional Tsunami Alerts
* Optional Zoom setting
* Configurable update frequency
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Can scroll with screen touch motions, of be scroll-locked
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down gestures.
Image update is subject to availability of images from USGS.
Tsunami alerts are subject to availability of feeds from NOAA.
Disclaimer: Timely delivery of data and alerts by this application are dependent on the Internet and governament data providers and are not guaranteed.
More from developer
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Your ultimate mobile fantasy football draft tool and cheatsheet!
Not only review fantasy rankings on the go, but use this as your offline draft helper.
Track over 820 players to see the best left. Don't make the mistake of drafting a player already taken!
With this app, you can create a draft with your custom league settings including PPR. The rankings update based on your league settings. You can also have multiple drafts for each league. As you draft you can mark players as drafted or interested. Any progress you make gets automatically saved so you can pick up where you left off. Finally, view player profiles including info, stats, and player news.
*Upgrade to Draft Punk Pro! - remove ads, get custom rankings, and depth charts. This is a yearly upgrade.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's C2DM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
- Commercial, and
- Pedestrian wait times.
- Shows the borders closest to your location, the delay, number of open lanes, approximate distance, and more.
- See changelog for updates