Adjustable sensitivity by zooming in or out the earth image.
Play with it anytime or turn it on during your sleep.
Shake detection is subjective to each individual device build-in sensor and related supporting functions.
This app helps to detect movement of its underlying surface but it's not to be used as a sole resource to detect earthquake. Any damage, loss from using this app is at user's own risk.
By downloading or using this app, you agree to the above disclaimer.
-- Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious
-- A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth
-- 20 Best Android apps this week – Guardian News (10/4/2012)
-- Red Cross earthquake app helps before, during and after disaster – Cronkite News
-- Featured by AndroidPolice.com (10/2012)
Be ready for an earthquake with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notified when an earthquake occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your earthquake knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
In addition here is what California recommends you to do in an Earthquake (source: http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/Earthquakes/Pages/qh_earthquakes_what.aspx)
Many people think having bottled water on hand is a good idea. That’s true, as long as you have enough. Many are certain that standing in a doorway during the shaking is a good idea. That’s false, unless you live in an unreinforced adode structure; otherwise, you're more likely to be hurt by the door swinging wildly in a doorway or trampled by people trying to hurry outside if you’re in a public place.
How to be Prepared
Electricity, water, gas and telephones may not be working after an earthquake. The police and fire departments are likely to be tied up. You should be prepared to fend for yourself for at least three days, preferably for a week.
You'll need food and water (a gallon a day per person); a first aid kit; a fire extinguisher suitable for all types of fires; flashlights; a portable radio; extra batteries, blankets, clothes, shoes and money (ATMs may not work); medication; an adjustable or pipe wrench to turn off gas or water, if necessary; baby and pet food; and an alternate cooking source (barbecue or camp stove). This list can also be applied to other disasters, such as floods or wildfires.
It’s also a good idea to decide beforehand how and where your family will reunite if separated during a quake and to conduct in-home practice drills. You might choose an out-of-the-area friend or relative that family members can call to check on you.
Securing water heaters, major appliances and tall, heavy furniture to prevent them from toppling are prudent steps. So, too, are storing hazardous or flammable liquids, heavy objects and breakables on low shelves or in secure cabinets.
Discuss earthquake insurance with your agent. Depending on your financial situation and the value of your home, it may be worthwhile.
During an Earthquake
If you're indoors, stay there. Get under -- and hold onto --a desk or table, or stand against an interior wall. Stay clear of exterior walls, glass, heavy furniture, fireplaces and appliances. The kitchen is a particularly dangerous spot. If you’re in an office building, stay away from windows and outside walls and do not use the elevator.
If you're outside, get into the open. Stay clear of buildings, power lines or anything else that could fall on you.
If you're driving, move the car out of traffic and stop. Avoid parking under or on bridges or overpasses. Try to get clear of trees, light posts, signs and power lines. When you resume driving, watch out for road hazards.
If you're in a mountainous area, beware of the potential for landslides. Likewise, if you're near the ocean, be aware that tsunamis are associated with large earthquakes. Get to high ground.
If you’re in a crowded public place, avoid panicking and do not rush for the exit. Stay low and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms.
After an Earthquake
Check for fire or fire hazards. If you smell gas, shut off the main gas valve. If there's evidence of damage to electrical wiring, shut off the power at the control box.
If the phone is working, only use it in case of emergency. Likewise, avoid driving if possible to keep the streets clear for emergency vehicles.
Be aware that items may fall out of cupboards or closets when the door is opened, and also that chimneys can be weakened and fall with a touch. Check for cracks and damage to the roof and foundation of your home.
LastQuake is the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC) official earthquakes app. This app is designed by seismologists for the general public, earthquake witnesses and the scientific community.
There are only about 1000 earthquakes of interest to the public each year but this is a tiny fraction of the total, 97% of the earthquakes around the world are detected only by instruments. Using direct access to the results of the EMSC seismic rapid detection tools, LastQuake presents primarily these significant earthquakes.
** WHAT IS THE EMSC? **
The EMSC is a non-profit scientific organization created in 1975 which federates 84 seismological institutes from 55 different countries. It offers rapid earthquake information to the public and international organizations.
The EMSC aims to reach the eyewitnesses and encourage them to fill in their earthquake questionnaire and send in relevant photos. These are added to publicly shared data about each event and help to assess earthquakes’ impacts.
** MAIN FEATURES **
* Real time data
* “Significant” earthquakes list (earthquakes known to be felt as detected by the EMSC seismic rapid detection tools)
* “Near Me” earthquakes list (customizable)
* “All” earthquakes list (full list of the earthquakes around the world published by EMSC)
* PTWC Tsunami Info and Tsunami Watch displayed in the lists when applicable (by tsunami icon)
* Colors allow seeing at a glance the effects of an earthquake (8 levels including 2 for tsunamigenic earthquakes)
* Customizable date formats (UTC, time at the epicenter or time in your device)
* Customizable push notifications (destructive earthquakes, “around me” earthquakes)
* Details about each earthquake: depth, localization, main closest cities, population
* Social media sharing via all the social apps installed in your device
* See comments and pictures by witnesses
* EMSC map, street map, aerial map for each earthquake (zoom in/zoom out)
* Map of the seismicity in the region for each earthquake (data from the exclusive EMSC database)
* Global map of the earthquakes around the world
*===> FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING AN EARTHQUAKE <===
-- Fill in the rapid questionnaire to help seismologists: instant assessment of the earthquake by clicking an illustration
-- Your comment and/or picture published at the same time on the EMSC website and in your Twitter / Facebook
* No ads!
* LastQuake supports two languages: English and French
EMSC is a NGO. If you wish to support our organization, you will able to buy the paid version of the app available soon in this store. If you can help to translate this app in the following languages, please contact us:
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Oz Quake is an earthquake monitoring app which displays the latest earthquakes reported over last 7 days by multiple international agencies.
# List of recent earthquakes with time, magnitude, distance to epicenter and depth.
# Earthquake details and additional info.
# A map with all earthquakes.
# Optionally can display most active volcanoes and volcanoes active this week.
# Optionally can display tectonic plates boundaries.
# Standard, satellite or hybrid map.
# Change measurement units.
# Multiple data sources:
- US Geological Survey (USGS),
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC),
- GeoScience Australia,
- GeoNet (NZ),
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam (GFZ),
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC),
- British Geological Survey (BGS).
Stay tuned - more features are coming!
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
With this app,you can see Magnitude 1.0+ from the Japan and Magnitude 3.0+ earthquakes from all over the World.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- See latest earthquakes around the World
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 100 km range when you search
Phivolcs Earthquake Alerts provides a better medium to read updates regarding earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic activities rather than using a web browser and viewing it in a small device.
Only the latest few entries are retrieved. If you wish to view all earthquake recorded entries in the Philippines, please visit the portal instead.
The app also includes a worldwide listing of earthquakes using USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) data.
The earthquake data is from United States Geological Survey (USGS) a scientific agency of the United States government.
The edge of the Pacific Ocean has about 76% of the world seismic activity. The lighter Pacific plate subducts under the larger continental crust. This ring of earthquake activity is about 38.000 km and includes the west coasts of Central America and South America, Alaska to the upper north of the USA, Japan, The Philippines, China, Australia and Indonesia.
A seismic zone witch goes from The Caucasus and the Mediterranean to the Himalayas and Burma has about 14% of the worlds earthquake activity.
Quest'app consente anche di osservare graficamente i sismi avvenuti nel territorio italiano.
Questa è l'unica app che prende i dati da tre fonti diverse: una riguarda gli eventi sismici italiani, un'altra quelli dell'intera Europa, e l'ultima prende i dati da un osservatorio americano che monitora gli eventi sismici globali.
Nota: Le fonti di dati non italiane segnalano gli eventi sismici in modo molto celere, perciò i terremoti italiani risultano riportati più velocemente dagli istituti di monitoraggio esteri, rispetto all'istituto italiano.
*Applicazione non affiliata all'INGV, Seismic Data, USGS Earthquakes
This is the donate version of the app that is AD-FREE, slightly smaller in size and will get updates earlier than the free version. Feel free to purchase this version if you think that this app is helpful and would like to support us.
1. Information is given predominantly in English. User reports from Japanese sources are translated where possible.
2. Push notification option, which provides a quick alert to your phone status bar when initial tremors are reported at the epicenter.
3. Fast (sometimes within seconds of first tremors). This is because information is not solely from JMA (which usually has a 5 mins delay), but also from social media and other firsthand sources around Japan. Frequency of update is 10 seconds.
4. Links to detailed information (intensity, magnitude, coordinates, etc.) and maps are provided and can be browsed within the app itself. These are mostly in English as well.
5. Simple, compact and fuss-free user interface.
NOTE TO USER
You may notice that several permissions are required. Internet and Network permissions are understandable as the information is real-time. The other permissions pertain primarily to the C2D messaging (a.k.a push notification) by Google. Note that the notification option can be turned OFF.
Where possible, translations have been made. This is an ongoing work so do expect a little Japanese slipping in here and there in the reports.
As some of the information are obtained from social media or user reports, accuracy of the reports may vary, particularly for very early warnings. For more certainty, you may wish to refer to JMA reports.
Feature requests are welcomed. Email us at email@example.com.
Credit for the information goes to Japan Meteorological Agency, earthquake.transrain.net, p2pquake and various social media platforms.
Earthquake, quake, tremors, warning system, alert, alarm, 地震, JMA, real-time, seismograph, seismic activity, P2P, crowd sourcing, Japan, 日本, richter, tsunami
Register the prediction point and the seismic intensity threshold.
The prediction point is a place where you want to receive the earthquake warning for. The seismic intensity threshold is the standard value. This app. gives you a notice when the estimated seismic intensity is lower than the registered threshold.
[More about this app.]
This app. works with the Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) for advanced users which delivered by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA). This means that, when receiving the EEW from the JMA, this application will give you a notice each time. The EEW for the advanced users has a characteristic which derivers warning several times for each earthquake with improving the precision of a seismic intensity. So, this app. may give you several notices with different estimated seismic intensity and arrival time.
Also, with this app. you can view the information of earthquakes occurred in the past.
1.The estimated seismic intensity may yield a slight error by less than ±1.
2.In the case below, the notice of the earthquake warning may delay or failed.
・The prediction point and the seismic intensity threshold are not registered.
・The registered prediction point is close to the epicenter.
・The trouble in network.
・The distance between the registered prediction point and the epicenter is more than 2000 kilometers.
・The depth of the epicenter is more than 150 kilometers.
・Due to the Maintenance of the server.
・Too much load on the server.
・EEW is not delivered by JMA.
3.Twitter Service is not available, you can not view the information of earthquakes occurred in the past.
4.This app. is designed for use in Japan only.
5.To know more about the Earthquake Early Warning, see the JMA homepage.
has an FAQ on facebook page
It is the Earthquake Early Warning receiving application using (GCM) push notification.
By taking advantage of the (GCM) push notification, you can receive a preliminary report by the power-saving quick.
・I'm developing to target the 4.1.2 · 4.2.2 · 4.3 Android.
・I received the first report of earthquake early warning. This is not a final report, some errors will be included in the information.
・The maximum seismic intensity of the Japan Meteorological Agency forecast announcement of 3 or more, or magnitude will receive a preliminary report of 3.5 or more.
・I will positioning the place where its low power consumption. Order to use the NETWORK positioning error of a few kilometers will occur.
・GPS positioning is also possible. (Battery consumption will be more)
・By combining the location positioning, regional settings prior is unnecessary.
・The operation of the present application, GooglePlay developers the latest services, GoogleMaps is required. Please install the latest version in advance.
・I do not guarantee notification of 100%. When an earthquake occurs, please try to keep to get from TV and radio, etc..
And time it takes to obtain the position information. Could be improved by placing the mobile phone in places where radio waves can reach.
・If the notification arrives early, there may be times when you arrive late.
・Earthquake early warning is not a thing to be announced for all earthquakes.
・Battery consumption will change radio wave conditions, the state of the mobile phone. Please note.
・If you do not receive the things of the accidental radio wave condition, and other mobile phone side.
・You may want to delay the Wifi connection.
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's GCM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
Your ultimate mobile fantasy football draft tool and cheatsheet!
Not only review fantasy rankings on the go, but use this as your offline draft helper.
Track over 1000 players to see the best left. Don't make the mistake of drafting a player already taken!
With this app, you can create a draft with your custom league settings including PPR. The rankings update based on your league settings. You can also have multiple drafts for each league. As you draft you can mark players as drafted or interested. Any progress you make gets automatically saved so you can pick up where you left off. Finally, view player profiles including info, stats, and player news.
*Upgrade to Draft Punk Pro! - remove ads, get custom rankings, and depth charts. This is a yearly upgrade.
- Commercial, and
- Pedestrian wait times.
- Shows the borders closest to your location, the delay, number of open lanes, approximate distance, and more.
- See changelog for updates