If you have no idea what that means, it is recommended that you don't install this application.
Rooting your device and installing superuser and busybox will allow you to do more things with Privilege Terminal.
You can install busybox here:
To learn about rooting or to ask any general questions regarding this application, please visit my blog—Blue Premium, or email me.
Check out ROM Toolbox which has included this app and added many more features.
For fast and friendly support please email us at email@example.com. We will be glad to help answer your questions and troubleshoot with you.
☆Two file manager panels
☆ Batch copy/paste, zip, tar, delete, move any file or folder
☆ Explore apk, rar, zip & jar files
☆ Change file permissions and ownership
☆ View and edit any file
☆ sqlite explorer
☆ Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
☆ Create and delete directories (folders).
☆ Send files by email.
☆ Add new files & folders in any directory
☆ Install zips using clockwork recovery
☆ Execute script files
☆ Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
☆ Bookmark any folder
☆ Open files and folders with other apps
☆ Change the theme (double tap home button)
☆ Sort by name, size & date
☆ Extract single files from zip/apks/jars
☆ Search for files or folders
Access your Android's built-in Linux command line shell with AirTerm. Geek Power!
AirTerm comes with an optionnal busybox/ssh/vim/rsync (and many more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX.
● Features :
☆ Multiple instance
☆ Truly floating : move, resize or minimize
☆ Optionnal busybox/ssh/vim/rsync (and many more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX
☆ Quick Hide (double tap the title bar)
Please, DO NOT post support request/complaints or bug reports to the comments page. We can't reply there since this is anonymous. Please send your request and feedback by email.
☆ Is root needed ?
No, but rootless device can be very limited. Though, AirTerm provides an optional busybox/vim/rsync/ssh (and more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please check https://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions or email me. It's difficult to track issues reported through review comments.
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the "other applications by this developer" section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, please see the documentation:
In case an updated version is not working for you, you can download older releases here:
Known issues include:
- Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
- Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
- Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices. Your mileage may vary.
- Many applications don't react to additional keys since they aren't programmed to handle them.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
- Armenian (Հայերեն)
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bulgarian (български език)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (dansk)
- English Dvorak (language "en_DV")
- English (QWERTY)
- English/British (en_GB)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- French (Français, AZERTY)
- German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
- Greek (ελληνικά)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
- Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
- Persian (فارسی)
- Portugese (Português)
- Romanian (Română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Russian phonetic (Русский, ru-rPH)
- Serbian (Српски)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
- Spanish (Español, Español Latinoamérica)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)
- Thai (ไทย)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Ukrainian (українська мова)
-Support device with hardware keyboard.
- Popup keyboard with all those normally hard to find characters
- Use the volume keys to quickly change font size
- External keyboard support
- Telnet support
- Local Android terminal support
- Click URLs to open in a browser
- Copy & Paste within sessions
- UTF-8 character support
- Easily organise your connections by group
- Keep multiple SSH sessions running in the background
- Password & OpenSSH private key support
- SSH key agent forwarding
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
Terminal IDE is an expandable terminal application, with a full Java / C / C++ / HTML / Android development kit, that runs on your Android device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
Android Terminal Emulator is the Linux terminal emulator light version.
* To work correctly you need ROOT PERMISSIONS and BUSYBOX installed.
* The complete version NO needs to have ROOTED PHONES AND BUSYBOX and you can find it here: "LINUX TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO"
A real Android's built-in Linux command line shell in your hand. The classic Linux terminal windows with full Andorid native commands. The best for Linux users.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, etc...
Give feedback and suggestion. Updates and features are coming to improve app tools and possibilities. Thanks.
HELP THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BUYING "TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO":
This app brings you a chance to explore into your android phone.
You can perform various tests and commands what you can run on Linux system.
This app makes you feel now you have mini Linux terminal device, not android phone.
You can manage your phone file system, you can get root access to be super user, and connect to another network device.
- visual file management: allows you to copy, move and delete files and whole directory trees;
- display meta information of file;
- opening files using one of the pre-installed programs;
- run Linux/Unix commands in the sub-shell.
The program supports convenient and concise interface with two navigation bars. Background color, text size, file type indication and other features can be customized by settings.
Application contains in-app purchase - you can extend functionality with it and remove adds!
If you volunteer who want help me to translate app on your language, please email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- German (lican).
- Italian (Alessandro Mazzi).
- Romanian (ION VALENTIN).
- Portuguese (Luís Miguel Lopes)
- French (Moise Botsoe)
Unix Admin allow you to manage your remote unix computers on the go. Now you can make you work everywhere!
This program is the best choice of system administrators or webmaster. In real, any person who want to have remote access to computer can be need in this. It's ftp client, sftp client, ftps client, ssh client, webdav client, telnet client etc.. see all protocols below.
Implemented next protocols:
- Local FS
- WebDAV. Works through HTTP and HTTPS.
- Tablet ready
- A lot of protocols implemented with integration between them
- Holo-style interface
- Great choice of encodings
- All file system actions: rename, cut, copy, delete, edit.
- SSH signals like CTRL+C etc.
- File system sharing. You can copy file from one FS, e.g. one FTP server, and paste it to another with SFTP.
- Password & OpenSSH private key support
- Sort by various parameters
- Ability to choice passive or active mode in FTP and FTPS
- Ability to choice explicite or implicite mode in FTPS
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for droid platform.
Linx Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all droid phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your SDcard, system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the droid version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Please email me with feedback, comments, suggestions, and bug reports.
BTTerm uses the same high-quality terminal engine as Better Terminal Emulator Pro.
On sale for a limited time.