If you have no idea what that means, it is recommended that you don't install this application.
I recommend you to install superuser and busybox with Privilege Terminal.
You can install busybox from:
To learn about how to root your device or to ask any general questions regarding this application, please go to Blue Premium, or email me.
Access your Android's built-in Linux command line shell with AirTerm. Geek Power!
AirTerm comes with an optionnal busybox/ssh/vim/rsync (and many more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX.
● Features :
☆ Multiple instance
☆ Truly floating : move, resize or minimize
☆ Optionnal busybox/ssh/vim/rsync (and many more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX
☆ Quick Hide (double tap the title bar)
Please, DO NOT post support request/complaints or bug reports to the comments page. We can't reply there since this is anonymous. Please send your request and feedback by email.
☆ Is root needed ?
No, but rootless device can be very limited. Though, AirTerm provides an optional busybox/vim/rsync/ssh (and more) installation for non rooted devices through Kevin Boone's KBOX.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have an HTC or Samsung device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMIE.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
Want to know more about Android Terminal Emulator?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the wiki:
Android Terminal Emulator is an open source project. Well written patches to fix bugs or add new features are welcome!
Want to add or improve a translation of Android Terminal Emulator? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for details.
This app brings you a chance to explore into your android phone.
You can perform various tests and commands what you can run on Linux system.
This app makes you feel now you have mini Linux terminal device, not android phone.
You can manage your phone file system, you can get root access to be super user, and connect to another network device.
It uses the command line, with many powerful and robust open-source applications, plus a custom ASCII on-screen 'soft' keyboard that works well (You must ENABLE it in your device's main Keyboard Settings).. and also has an extensive generic external 'hard' keyboard key mapper. This way CTRL / ALT / ESC etc.. should all be accessible.
GCC 4.4.0, make 3.82, ctags, javac, java, dx, proguard, aapt, apkbuilder, signer, ssh, sshd, telnetd, bash 4.2, busybox 1.19.2, vim 7.3, nano 2.2.6, midnight commander 4.8, htop 1.0, TMUX 1.5, links 2.7, rsync 3.0.8, git 1.7.8, BitchX 1.1 and a nice terminal emulator are all available.
The vim editor has been setup with c / java / HTML development in mind and is extremely powerful. Also vim has been setup by default in a humane way (arrow keys work, backspace..), so that starting on this long and glorious journey won't begin with a punch in the face.
With the addition of all the other apps provided, Terminal IDE becomes much MUCH more than an extremely powerful IDE. One could call it a complete 'Command Line OS'.
Best of all you can log in via telnet / ssh and use your home keyboard/screen combo!
AND the whole app runs WITHOUT needing ROOT permissions.
It's all available with normal user permissions..
Also the project is released under GPLv2
Constructive criticism always welcome. Useless abuse, not so much.
NB: This app CANNOT be installed onto the SDCard because you do not get 'Execute' permissions on that mount. It must run in this app's private memory on the device [Also much more secure]. You can of course still read / write to the SDCard and store your files / projects there. ALSO - once extracted it takes up about 150MB of your INTERNAL memory. You have been warned..
NB2: 'ENTER NOT WORKING' confusion on Terminal IDE keyboard.. Android expects a different key-code than the terminal(which expects ^M).
- Use CTRL+ENTER to send Android ENTER at any time.
- GO,NEXT,SEND & SEARCH all work when they appear as icons.
NB3: The Help/Tutorials, available in the app, can now be downloaded separately as a PDF from the Google code project. Thanx to Roy.
NB4: This app is ARM only.. No x86 support. Sorry - and yes, it's a big job to convert..
NB5: No UTF-8 support yet.. Just ASCII.
NB6: READ ALL THE IN-APP HELP! TWICE! BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME! Please..
You can use many available commands (Linux/Unix) in your device.
Commands: sh, cp, rm, mkdir, mv, gzip, ip, iptables, mksh, netcfg, ping, traceroute, service, svc, toolbox, busybox, adb and more.
You don't need root access to use this app.
This version is FREE, but you can buy the paid version Shell Terminal Emulator PRO that is a Ad-free version.
* If your phone is rooted, install ROOT TERMINAL EMULATOR to use root access and do everything you want with your rooted Android phone. You can USE ALL AVAILABLE COMMANDS.
Tags: shell terminal emulator root file manager pro android terminal emulator console shell unix linux
- SSH and Telnet protocols
- Username/password and private Keys authentication
- Arrows and Scrolling using Touch screen
- Background work
- Key forwarding
- Port forwarding
- Select and Copy/Paste text
- Extended customizable keyboard
- Customize font size and colors
- Customize touch screen gestures
- Logging (view and delete saved logs)
- Auto/fixed terminal size settings
- Pseudographics support
- Auto-run command after connect
- Wide unicode characters (e.g. korean) are supported
A custom Linux terminal,system tools and test utilities for Android.
Android Terminal brings you the Linux terminal functionality on your phone with simple to use interface for all Android phones.
With System Tools ,you can perform various test including Root access and Cpu tests,check all detailed information needed about your phone.
All information you need such as Cpu and Memory usage of your phone, you can easily monitor your resources.
You can install external Android applications from you sdcard including internal storage(Usb Storage) or simply attach and send them via email for sharing.
Log all your commands and outputs easily on your sdcard and share via email.
• Pro version is available with full features(NO ADS)
• All terminal functionality
• Pause/resume during the commands
• Auto complete while typing for linux commands entries
• Most of the commands will work depending on your phone root state
• Rooted phones supported (run su)
• Execute ,run linux commands,check memory,cpu
• Pause/resume function for looping commands such as (top,vmstat,logcat)
• Real Task Killer (ps or top -n 1 get the app pid number and execute kill -9 pid)
• Check your running apps services(ps, top)
• Remove delete files
• Browse your sdcard,system folders
Basic Linux Command List
• A list of basic linux commands
• Please be aware that desktop linux may differ than the android version
• All commands may not be able to run depending on your phone, model and Os version
Cpu Information And Test
• Check you cpu usage and load averages
• You can also perform cpu test and check your global ranking
• Ram,Phone Storage,SdCard memory
Android App Installer
• Scan your sdcard ,Internal sdcard(Usb Storage) root folder automatically for .Apk files (Android App files)
• You can easily install apps from your sdcard and attach,send via email for sharing
• You can log your terminal commands and outputs on your sdcard and attach,share via email
Root Access Test
• Perform simple root access to check whether your phone is rooted.
All used materials are credited in the application's about section.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, ll, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, pwd, etc...
--> This isn't a game emulator.
--> This won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMIE.
--> You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use Linux command line to use this program.
--> You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" in order to get the most out of this program(to work correctly you need root permissions and BusyBox).
-Support device with hardware keyboard.
- Popup keyboard with all those normally hard to find characters
- Use the volume keys to quickly change font size
- External keyboard support
- Telnet support
- Local Android terminal support
- Click URLs to open in a browser
- Copy & Paste within sessions
- UTF-8 character support
- Easily organise your connections by group
- Keep multiple SSH sessions running in the background
- Password & OpenSSH private key support
- SSH key agent forwarding
Android Terminal Emulator is the Linux terminal emulator light version.
* To work correctly you need ROOT PERMISSIONS and BUSYBOX installed.
* The complete version NO needs to have ROOTED PHONES AND BUSYBOX and you can find it here: "LINUX TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO"
A real Android's built-in Linux command line shell in your hand. The classic Linux terminal windows with full Andorid native commands. The best for Linux users.
* All most powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, top, ps, etc...
Give feedback and suggestion. Updates and features are coming to improve app tools and possibilities. Thanks.
HELP THE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BUYING "TERMINAL EMULATOR PRO":
I won't update this app anymore.
Some good soul decided to keep the app:
This app is made to help System/Network admins like me.
You can add your servers and your own commands.
Pick a server and a command.
Run it! Display the results.
Internet (Needed to make SSH Connections)
SD Card (Needed to import/export databases)
Tool to edit database files is avaliable at: http://m1.mdrjr.net/sred
This tool requires that you have Java JRE installed on your computer.
Translated to spanish by Elias Badenes
-- IF YOU FIND A BUG PLEASE USE THE REPORT TOOL!! --
For version 2.0
SSH key-based authentication will be implemented.
Do not hesitate in contact me, I'm pleased in talk to every single user. E-mail or Gtalk.
* open multiple terminals
* bookmark terminal sessions and file system locations
* use the native android keyboard (hardware or virtual) plus an extra virtual keyboard with special keys.
* import private keys in OpenSSH or PuTTY format.
* configure and use macros
* password protect the application and encrypt the saved login information and private keys (AES-256)
* automated SFTP file synchronization using copy,move or mirror profiles.
* telnet support
* export and backup your settings to a file.
This application can import private key files generated by OpenSSH and PuTTY. If you have problems importing passphrase protected keys try to remove the passphrase first. You can encrypt the imported keys again when you apply a password within the application.
If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, please contact me via email, or file a report at:
Please do not leave bug reports in the comments section, as there is not enough space to adequately describe the issue, and I have no way to respond in order to get more information.
Great for tablets such as the Viewsonic gTablet, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Transformer!
Works great with the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard on Xoom and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Honeycomb support for the tablet form factor as well as HDMI out on the Xoom. Works well with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock.
If you are having trouble with the soft keyboard on HTC phones like the Desire HD or Thunderbolt, try changing to another soft keyboard. Seems like the HTC soft keyboard has some issues with BTEP, but other keyboards work fine. Hacker's Keyboard is my new favorite keyboard for use with BTEP.
Now includes Frotz and the classic Colossal Cave Adventure game in the enhanced utilities for fun. Busybox has recently been updated to support SMP systems, ie, in "top."
Explanation of Permissions:
All permissions used by BTEP are strictly for enabling the functionality of BTEP. BTEP does not contain any analytics, or collect any data.
Network Communication - Required so that the shell, SSH, Telnet, and FTP can access the Internet.
Storage - So you can manipulate contents of /sdcard/ on your device from the shell.
System Tools - Allow user to keep WiFi and/or display active if desired.
Hardware Controls - Control vibrator for vibration on cursor keys / virtual DPAD.
System Tools - Install Shortcuts, does what it says.
* On Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II, SSH has issues with some WiFi routers.
Thanks for using BTEP!
Remote Keyboard allows you to connect your desktop computer's keyboard via wlan (can be forwarded over USB via ADB) to your android device and control it comfortably through any telnet client.
* Copy&Paste text from Droid to PC and vice versa.
* Share text with the app to automatically send it to the client.
* Emoji support through word substitution (requires a Jelly Bean device with the according fonts; Definition lists available on the website).
* Build in ROT13 scrambler.
* Put favorite apps on Speeddial (launch them with the function keys).
* Password protection
After installing the Remote Keyboard on your device, you must enable it as an input method. The app will guide you through the process.
On the PC side, you will need a telnet client to make the connection. Telnet comes pre installed on all major operation systems. Windows users (Vista and later), however, need to explicitly enable it via the control panel or (preferably) install a 3rd party telnet client like PuTTY.
Remote Keyboard is free and open source software. For more information, sideloading options or to spend me a coffee, please visit my website.
- NO ROOT permissions needed
- NO BUSYBOX installed needed
- FULL LINUX COMMANDS, internet connection opened.
The classic Linux terminal with full Linux native commands. Internet connection. The best for Linux users.
* All powerful Linux commands like:
ls, cd, mkdir, mv, rm, ifconfig, top, ps, du, df, etc...
Enjoy yourself Linux users and give feedback!
THIS IS THE PAID AND COMPLETE VERSION OF TERMINAL EMULATOR DELUXE, PRICE PURPOSE IS TO HELP THE APPLICATION'S DEVELOPMENT. THANKS.