The app is technically supported by Dict.cn (the first Internet dictionary in China).
Choose an authorized dictionary, and you'll have a reliable learning experience!
(All rights reserved; Pirate editions will be prosecuted!)
Rich in content and easy to learn
• Detailed entries for 18,000 most commonly used Chinese idioms
• Reveal the origin of the idioms and use the ancient and modern classics to explain the meaning of idioms accurately
• Over 900 exquisite illustrations to interpret the connotation of idioms vividly
• Clear pronunciation is available for every entry
Various ways to search idioms conveniently
• Search by scanning with the camera of your smart phone
• Powerful voice search that allows you to search idioms by speaking into the microphone
• Tapping an idiom in notification bar, you will see the definition
Additional learning functions
• "Favorites" is designed for you to mark all the Chinese idioms that you might want to review
• "Review" is designed to help you learn Chinese idioms effectively
(1) Authorized: The dictionary app is compiled by editorial board of experts and scholars specialized in linguistics and lexicography.
(2) Accurate: Entries are collocated with accurate and concise definitions as well as exquisite illustrations.
(3) Convenient: Support multiple searching modes, such as Camera Search, Voice Search, Handwriting Search and Quick Search via Notification Bar.
(4) Cloud: Collect and review new idioms anytime and anywhere with learning services on the Cloud.
(5) Clear Pronunciation: Clear pronunciation of Chinese idioms is available.
Chinese idiom is the general concept of a fixed phrase or phrases , often with historical stories and philosophical significance. About 96 per cent by the four-character idioms composition , there are words or five words or more. According to the research , there are about five kinds of idioms sources , namely: myths , legends, literature , folk spoken language, foreign culture . In the classical idiom is widely used, and in today's vernacular writing or everyday conversation , there are still a large number survived . Idiom belongs Sayings in one, mostly derived from the classics . Some idioms can literally determine the semantics , such as " quick-witted ", " impassable ", " exerting " and so on ; also some idioms in the learning process, we must also understand the idiom behind the sources from : associated stories , myths or history, etc. , in order to understand , such as " disregard the changing circumstances ", " belie " and so on . However, some of the original can not be understood from the literal idioms, due to its significance is widely misunderstood , and no one verified, the result of long-term spread , making these idioms abnormal use its literal meaning , rather than its extended meaning . Such as " groundless ", people think it refers to unfounded rumors. And in fact, it is precisely refers to rumors based on ( this idiom under sentence for more than a whitewash to make it more obvious meaning , is " not without reason " ) . Another example is the " haircut ", people that " plain " refers to the unadorned face, "day " refers to the sky, but in fact "day " refers to the emperor ( refer to the emperor ) , the meaning of idioms come from a story , you should is both beautiful and confident woman .
Innovation: simple integrated multiple dictionaries , beautiful interface, operation, can be correlated between the dictionary .
Modern Chinese Dictionary ( 6th edition ) written instructions of the State Council , China's first authoritative new , essential tool specifications Modern Chinese Dictionary , the public reading of national education. "Modern Chinese Dictionary" is the best Android , queries the fastest, most comprehensive and most operating experience of the Modern Chinese Dictionary , a comprehensive collection of the latest version of the Xinhua dictionary , Chinese dictionary, idiom dictionary , idiom stories. Fast , accurate, detailed, complete, detailed, in-depth , is the most important feature of this dictionary . Software collects all of the Chinese national standard Chinese characters , Chinese characters complete collection of authoritative , scientific, professional, is an excellent learning tool assistant.
A built- authoritative Xinhua Dictionary
2 built- authoritative dictionary of idioms
3 built-in authority of Modern Chinese Dictionary 6th Edition
4 built- Chinese idioms
5 , full support for high-definition screen , including QHD screen and android Pad, support resolution
Keywords: Chinese Dictionary , Chinese, grammar , dictionary , thesaurus , English, idioms , stories, idioms , Xinhua Dictionary , Chinese
The best English Chinese Dictionary app is now on Android phone and tablet. It covers over 350,000 words and phrases of the contemporary English/Chinese language (Both Traditional and Simplified Chinese), along with example sentences, audio pronunciations, fastest search speed, flexible search methods, and more …
★: Over 300K Chinese words & phrases
★: Flexible search and Fastest search speed
★: Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★: Search history, Starred words, Word lists
★: Supports Move to SD card
★: Audio pronunciation
★: Example sentences
★: English and Chinese offline pronunciation.
★: Real human voice pronunciation, Chinese, English
★: Change the app background
- Over 170K Chinese words & phrases
- Example sentences
- Audio pronunciation
- Spelling suggestions
- Search history record
- Fastest search engine
- Flexible search by English, Chinese Handwriting & Mandarin Chinese’s Pinyin
- Share learning progress via social networks
Note that user can pay an one-off fee to remove advertisements in this app.
If you require any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exclusively on Android, so make your iPhone friends jealous!
If you're not satisfied, for any reason, within 30 days you get a full refund, period, no questions asked. We don't want your money if you're not amazingly happy.
If you are looking for our Cantonese app, please see: http://goo.gl/62PHL0
Pro version gives you:
★ Chinese handwriting recognition built in
★ Audio - recordings of every Mandarin syllable, by a real native Chinese speaker
★ Homescreen Widgets - flip through your favorite words from your homescreen. Try adding multiple widgets!
★ Multi-dictionary support - the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries (in-app purchases at extra cost)
★ Merged results across dictionaries - no need for cumbersome cycling through dictionaries
★ Star English words (if you have the ABC English-Chinese dictionary installed)
★ Backup / Restore starred words, search history, preferences etc
★ Offline access to all features (unless specified)
★ Search Hanzi / Chinese, Pinyin or English
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation throughout
★ Vertical Zhuyin support
★ Both Simplified and Traditional Chinese characters supported
★ Coloring by tone - you can color Hanzi, Pinyin or Zhuyin
★ Simple, intuitive and powerful UI
★ Live search - results update as-you-type
★ Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
★ Enter long Chinese text in the search box and get instant Pinyinization as well as automatic vocab list
★ Starred Chinese words/phrases, Word lists (e.g. HSK, idioms/chengyu), Search history
★ Custom search using wildcards
★ Clipboard Monitoring - raise notification when Hanzi copied to clipboard. Please read: http://goo.gl/cmRFJ2
★ Night mode (black background)
★ Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
★ Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge, Skritter, nciku, Google Translate (online only)
★ Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data as the base dictionary
★ Seamless integration with our Hanping Chinese Camera app (for image-based character recognition): http://goo.gl/1clC8H
★ No ads!
* Purchasing this app does not include the ABC dictionaries. For more details about these paid add-ons (which include the ABC Chinese-English Dictionary (200,000 Chinese headwords & 10,000 example sentences) and the ABC English-Chinese Dictionary (62,000 English headwords and 6,400 example sentences)), please read: http://hanpingchinese.com/abc
* For Chinese character input via pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME: http://goo.gl/WZ3Zop
* "run on startup* permission required for Clipboard Monitoring "System Startup" option.
* If many Chinese characters appear as empty square boxes, or if you would like to use a nicer Chinese font, read this: http://goo.gl/y6ya5r (The custom font used in the screenshots is Simkai)
* Purchasing allows you to run the app on any Google Android device (i.e. legitimate Play Store app installed) where you are logged into your Google account. You can run the app simultaneously on as many devices as you like as long as you are logged into each one. Buying a new device? No problem, just log into your Google account and you should be able to download the app without additional payment.
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.
Learn Chinese is recorded using native speaker and we have tried our best to be authentic in the pronunciation whilst ensuring it is easy to understand. Recommended app for tourists and business people visiting china.
Update: You can now download our PRO version with over 800 phrases and 12 additional categories. ★★★★★
* Carefully translated list of essential phrases
* High quality audio pronunciation by native speaker
* English, Chinese, and Pinyin text
* Play all phrases automatically in each category
* Ability to adjust font size
* No internet connection required
* Highlight important words with tips
* Store frequently used phrases in favourites
* Search by keywords
* No adverts or annoying popups
The LITE version contains over 300+ essential phrases.
- General conversation
- Directions and places
- Eating out
Upgrade and unlock all 800 phrases in these categories.
- Time and date
- Towns and provinces
- Tourist attractions
- Feeling sick
- Tongue twisters
If you like this app and find it useful please take a few seconds to give us a rating in the Android Market. For comments and suggestions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love getting feedback from users of our apps.
Terms of Service: Copyright is reserved on all content available within this application. In addition to the standard Android Market terms of service we reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user activity inside this application.
Follow us on twitter : http://www.twitter.com/codegentapps
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE, IPOD, & IPAD
With fast & easy offline search for brief definitions and online search for detailed definitions, LINE Dictionary operates online & offline!
LINE Chinese-English Dictionary
- Contains Collins Chinese-English, English-Chinese dictionary(Main definitions are supported offline).
- The broadest Chinese dictionary containing about 3,000,000 headwords
- Functions such as Chinese sentence analyzer, handwriting input support, auxiliary dictionary word card and stroke order demonstrations provide you with the most convenient environment for learning Chinese
- Providing not only the pronunciation for words and sentences but also the dialogue, quote and proverb of the day, LINE Dictionary can be your private Chinese instructor.
*NOTE: Line Dictionary only supports simplified Chinese!
LINE Dictionary is a free online language study tool for everyone.
Improve your foreign laugange skills at any time, any place with your mobile device!
Install and try it right now!
If you are travelling to China, make sure you bring this app with you!
Note that all content in both "Travel" and "Basic" categories are locked in this free version, user can either pay an one-off fee to unlock them permanently or see an advertisement for a free trial.
Also you can use dictionary website link.(nciku, google and custom site)
- High and fast recognition rate.
- Less ads. and totally free.
- You can check the search history.
- You can change the dictionary website.
- Use internet connection to recognize Chinese character handwriting.
If you want to add other dictionary site, please send me an e-mail.
e-mail : email@example.com
正体字（繁体字）使用者请下载《成語辭典》，认准开发者 Hisand Liu。
Android 平台上最好的简体中文成语词典（Chinese idioms），是帮助你学习中华典故、拓宽知识面的好助手。
This is an amazing sounds library. It will help you to speak Chinese right away, help you to learn Chinese efficiently! This app will save much of your learning time to became a sophisticated Chinese speaker. So many people purchased the full version of this great APP.
========== Customer Reviews ===========
Superior app, very useful
by r b w - Version 2.0 - Jul 1, 2013 (US -full version)
I couldn't possibly give this app less than 5 stars! It is outstanding! These sentences are not your usual sentences graded by difficulty. They are the most useful sentences, and most useful mix of categories. The native speaker audio is indispensable, and spoken both at speed AND slowly. The word by word explanation is also very valuable. A suggestion: The text is just too small. it would be a big improvement if it were larger. Thanks for a great app!
by Dougie doug doug - Version 2.0 - Aug 30, 2013 (AU - full version)
Wish I found this when I first started learning mandarin. Would have saved a lot of time. Very useful. Really useful.
Very useful app
by Ali-Troy - Version 2.0 - Sep 20, 2013 (AU - free version)
I have tried a number of learning Chinese apps and this is absolutely the best! The pinyin is very helpful for learning as is the explanation of each individual character in the sentence. My Chinese teacher was impressed when I surprised her with a few of the sentences that I learnt. Thank you, great app!
========= reported by ==========
An outstanding App for learn Chinese.
by http://tii.libsyn.com/ (Episode 280)
1. Standard pronunciation of pinyin.
2. The Pinyin chart of Chinese characters, where you can find standard pronunciation for each character.
3. Standard pronunciation of numbers.
4. Chinese relative’s appellation terms.
5. Standard pronunciation of Chinese food.
6. The idioms that are most commonly used by Chinese.
7. Standard pronunciation of Chinese traditional festivals.
8. Expressions in dating.
9. Expressions in Meeting and farewell
10. Expressions in Reminders and suggestions.
11. Expressions in Happiness.
12. Expressions in Angry.
13. Expressions in Sadness.
14. Expressions when feeling Doubtful.
15. Expressions when feeling embarrassed.
16. Expressions in Like and dislike.
17. Expressions when feeling Shy
18. Expressions when Surprised
19. Expressions applied in Shopping
20. Expressions applied in Dinner
21. Expressions in applied in travelling
22. Expressions applied in Business letter
This is a widely acclaimed software. (or this is a very welcomed and populated software). Sentences categorized by occasions and functional classification that provides convenience for users to find.
Title sentences are with a variety of expressions that facilitate the proper use of.
Both normal and slow reading rate of (speech) audio with authentic pronunciation are available.
The theme statement with nearly antisense expression and antisense sentence; The sentences in this dictionary contains concise, native expression. Users can grasp native expression in Chinese. We believe this software and (or) voice-dictionary covers China's most vivid expression. Whether you're sightseeing, travelling, studying or communicating with Chinese, we hope it will become your indispensable assistant in all aspects.
Word explanation is based on the dictionary data of CC-CEDICT.
Contains 18 useful idioms story like "狐假虎威"，"胸有成竹" etc. Each story is read by professional radiobroadcaster and with intresting cartoon and captions.
KW: idiom, story,education, Chinese, kid, children, phrase, language learning
★ 可以將資料庫轉移到 SD 卡。
若你發現不能正常使用此 App，請不吝寄送郵件給作者（Google Play 的展示頁面有郵件地址），將遇到的問題、所使用的機型、系統版本反饋給開發者，我們會及時處理。
簡體字使用者請下載《成语词典简体版》，認准開發者 Hisand Liu。
Android 平台上最好的正體中文成語辭典（詞典,Chinese idioms），是幫助你學習中華典故、拓寬知識面的好助手。
The "Learn Chinese Vocabulary" application wants to be the home of your vocabulary learning.
Right now it is in its early stages,
but already we have a full vocabulary list from the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) exams.
These are the standard tests for non-native speakers, and cover all the vocabulary you'll need to be successful in your quest to learn Mandarin Chinese.
The HSK lists are kindly provided by Lingomi.com
be sure to check out their products.
This is your essential Chinese learning book.
Chinese Dictionary + Lessons + Game
● More than 100,000 characters and phrases
● Audio pronunciation in all words (TTSpeach)
● Voice recognition (Chinese and English)
● Simplified and Traditional Characters
● Bookmark and save your characters
● Powerful search by 汉字, Pinyin or English
● More than 70 lessons, new lessons coming every week!
● Game with more than 100,000 challenges
● Real time search as you type
● Powered by CE-DICT database
● Powered by iSpeech
● Very easy to use
The pro version offers
- No ads
- Access to all lessons
- Game without limit
- Best price on the market
Discover all our apps and games to help you study Chinese HSK levels, Chinese Classifiers and Chinese Numbers.
This app is based on CC-CEDICT database and is available only in English.
TTS and audio recognition by iSpeech. Require internet connection to use this services
1.Calculate 32 currency at same time.
2.Easy to select currency you like
3.Easy to sort by currency you like
The list of currencies(32):
AUD Australian dollar
BGN Bulgarian lev
BRL Brazilian real
CAD Canadian dollar
CHF Swiss franc
CNY Chinese yuan renminbi
CZK Czech koruna
DKK Danish krone
GBP Pound sterling
HKD Hong Kong dollar
HRK Croatian kuna
HUF Hungarian forint
IDR Indonesian rupiah
ILS Israeli shekel
INR Indian rupee
ISK Icelandic krona
JPY Japanese yen
KRW South Korean won
LTL Lithuanian litas
LVL Latvian lats
MXN Mexican peso
MYR Malaysian ringgit
NOK Norwegian krone
NZD New Zealand dollar
PHP Philippine peso
PLN Polish zloty
RON New Romanian leu
RUB Russian rouble
SEK Swedish krona
SGD Singapore dollar
THB Thai baht
TRY New Turkish lira
USD US dollar
ZAR South African rand