An offline Malayalam Transliteration App using Mozhi scheme. You can also copy/paste Malayalam unicode text to the input control to convert square characters to Malayalam if your device doesn't have Malayalam font.
New in v1.6+
You can now use this app as a direct input method (keyboard)
Step 1. Enable keyboard from Home -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 2. Long press on any input box, touch Input method and select Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 3. As you type, you can see transliterated Malayalam text on top of the keyboard.
Step 4. Touch Malayalam text to replace Manglish text in the input box (You might see only squares if you don't have Malayalam font or text without complex layout, but target device will show text correctly if it supports complex layout and font)
Step 5. Touch again to replace Malayalam with Manglish in the input box
Mozhi - Overview: https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/mozhi
Note: When you copy or share Malayalam text to other apps, it might look as square characters if you don't have unicode font in your device. But it will show correctly if the target device/app has the unicode font. You can test it by sending a sample text from the app to your email and view email on desktop.
All credit goes to Varamozhi Team for making such a great tool.
Please visit varamozhi.sourceforge.net for more details.
1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout - Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature - create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing 'അ' in second last row, letters അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows 'ക' key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
Send feedback and suggestions to email@example.com
- Once installed open the app.
- Now a popup that says "മ" will appear on the right side of your screen
- You can drag it around. When you need to type in malayalam , tap on that popup
- Now a new window will appear where you can type in manglish words
- Once you are done with typing, click the "copy" icon on the newly appeared window
- Text will be copied to the clipboard and the window will be minimized to the old icon "popup"
- You can now paste that text to anywhere you want
If your are able to read "സുപ്രഭാതം" (Malayalam text) in your mobile phone, If you can read Malayalam text on your phone, you may install this application.
Please see video to know how it works.
1. Download and install this application on phone.
2. Open EzyType's Home screen. there are two button on screen (i) Enable Keyboard (ii) Choose default
3. Press 'Enable Keyboard" button and select EazyType Keyboard to enable this keyboard
4. Press "Choose default" button and choose EazyType Keyboard as default keyboard.
2. Go to "Setting"->"Language and Input" and tick in check box on EazyType Malayalam
3. Go to any text filed in which you want to type.
4. Drag Notification bar (On the top of Screen of Phone). Tap on "Select input method"
Now Select "EazyType Malayalam Free" (On a popup)
Long press on text field and choose "Input Method".
Now Select EazyType Malayalam Free (On a popup)
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
If you find this Application useful, please give a good rating
Save your eyes
Also this app saves your phones battery by dimming the display, which can dramatically increase the stand by time of your phone....
Download it now it's free. and very light app. easy to use.
browse facebook, instagram , google , yahoo , at night without straining your eyes and protect it.
Add a tint to the screen
night mode , tint screen , screen dim , dimmer , low light, save eyes
Modify the opacity according to your choice
Adjust color according to your choice.
Just a single click to off and on.