The Pipe Trades Pro calculator for Android Smartphone or Tablet calculates instant answers for all your pipe layout and design problems, including complex rolling offsets, parallel pipe cutbacks, weight/volume conversions, flow rates, pressures, areas and more.
If you've ever used a smartphone to look up pipe data or do a pipe layout calculation, you'll like this calculator app. With the Pipe Trades Pro calculator you'll spend less time calculating and looking at charts and more time cutting, welding and placing pipe—makes cutbacks and offsets easy with built-in welding, pipefitter and plumbing calculations.
Great time saving tool for Pipefitters, Steamfitters, Sprinklerfitters and Welders
- Cut Lengths, Take-outs and Odd-Degree Fittings
- Right Angles, Offsets, and Complex Rolling Offsets
- Calculate Fitting Angles, Bends, Slopes, Percent Grades, Drops
- Calculate Parallel Pipe Cutbacks
- Feet-Inch-Fractions and Trigonometry
- Pipe Areas, Fill Weights
- Calculate Flow Rates, Velocity, Force, Volumes
- Calculate Pressure Loss for any Pipe Size, Type or Distance
- Complete Building, Plumbing and Metric Unit Conversions
Built-in Pipe Data
- Choose a Pipe Material and Pipe Type and enter Size (up to 42-inches) in the calculator and get Diameters, Wall Thickness, Filled Weight per Foot, Internal Area.
- Seven different Pipe Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass, Aluminum, Cast Iron, Plastic, Copper.
For: Pipefitters, Steamfitters, Sprinklerfitters and Welders
It has two modes - First and most popular is for Nominal Pipe Sizes from ½” thru 24” Standard Weight Pipe (the default setting). It can solve size on size or any intersection where the branch is smaller than the main.
Second - it will solve any round size on another round size of any thickness. Note the entry mode changes where exact outside dimensions (OD) are required plus the branches wall thickness. This is required as the inside of the branch connection fits onto the outside of the main.
In either case the results are the ordinates for 16 points to lay out the lateral. Plus it gives the take off from the wrap-o-round line to the center of the main for any degree used.
Of course we’re assuming you’re a journeyman pipefitter (steamfitter) and know how to layout the pipe when the calculated ordinates are given.
For additional information please see our website http://watersmechanical.com/appsforpipefitting.html which has a help page for using this app.
- Carbon Steel Pipe Size
- Carbon Steel Pipe Standard
- Carbon Steel Pipe Strength
- Stainless Steel Pipe Size
- Stainless Steel Pipe Standard
- Stainless Steel Pipe Strength
- Hold Down Pipe Clamp
- 2 Bolt Pipe Clamp
- 3 Bolt Pipe Clamp (Carbon and Alloy Steel)
- Riser Clamp
- 180 Return
- 45 Elbow
- 90 Elbow
- Concentric Reducer
- Eccentric Reducer
- Half Coupling
- Hexagonal Head Bushing
- Hexagonal Head Plug
- Hexagonal Nipple
- Male-Female Reducer
- Reducer Insert
- Reducing Coupling
- Reducing Hexagonal Nipple
- Reducing Outlet Tee
- Square Head Plug
- Straight Tee
- Welding Boss
- Flange Blind
- Flange Lap Joint
- Flange Slip-On Welding
- Flange Socket Welding
- Flange Threaded
- Flange Welding Neck
- Beam Welding
- invert Beam Welding
- Hanger Rod
- Rod Coupling
- Clevis Pin
Quaternion Angels can also be used for educational purposes to help understand how quaternion and angle rotations work or to verify calculations.
How to use:
In portrait mode you can swipe to calculate values from quaternions to angles or from angles to quaternions. Rotation illustration is only updated from angle view and only work in portrait mode.
This app is brought to you by a group of danish engineers with interest in Android and robotics.