Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today, Yesterday & Week's best stories
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
• Swipe down to refresh top stories
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/premii
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com
Note: In March 2013 I redesigned how the app works internally to fix the problems mentioned in user comments around that time. Thanks to all who offered their help. - Corey Trager
Hacker News is a full-featured Android client for the Hacker News website (news.ycombinator.com).
- View the top stories, new submissions, and Ask HN posts.
- Login with your HN account.
- Up/downvote and add comments directly within the app.
- View articles in the browser or text-only on viewtext.org.
- Share links to articles or discussion threads.
This app is not in any way affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Y Combinator.
- Browse Trending, Newest or Ask HN categories with the clean interface. No orange!
- View articles from different websites via the in-app browser
- Easily share news with social networks or read-later services like Instapaper, Pocket, etc.
- View comments in an hierarchical layout
- No Ads.
HNReader is entirely open source! Visit GitHub to browse its source code:
Tablet UI is coming soon!
Also, feel free to contact me via email or twitter (@oguzbilgener). Contributions are appreciated. Thanks!
Clean, feature-full, mobile & tablet app for Hacker news.
Latest News & Popular feed from Y Combinator.
- Access Popular & New Feeds
- Read in Mobile readable (Instapaper) view or Web Browser view.
- Inbuilt zoom controls for web view.
- View, Add comments.
- Enable/disable Plugins like Flash
- Launch page in browser
- Single app for Tablets & Phones
- Clean Holo UI designed to meet Google Standards
- Fast uses Web cache for faster loads.
More to come.
You can request a feature at our Email, we will work hard to get the feature available in future update for free.
Email us issues, you may encounter, and we will fix them ASAP.
Read Hacker News, Designer News, Product Hunt, Reddit, Slashdot, Medium, GitHub trending, Readability Top Reads in One App.
Open sourced on github!
view it here: https://github.com/dinosaurwithakatana/hacker-news-android
Comment count issue:
This is due to hacker news sending back the total parent comment count through their API, this is a technical limitation from their end. The true comment count is shown when you drill into a story. Sorry about this!
• Beautiful and intuitive material interface
• Filter stories by top, new, show or ask
• Multiple account logins
• Submit your own links or original content
• Share stories from and to other apps
• Upvote, downvote and comment on stories
• Collapsible comments
• Color coded comment threads
• Night & AMOLED modes
Logging in to the Hacker News website after logging in to Yarn will invalidate your login on Yarn. This is because Yarn stores your login cookie, instead of your password, which Hacker News invalidates when you log in via their website
Yarn for Hacker News is an unofficial app. Hacker News and the Hacker News logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Y Combinator.
* Modern material design, fast and simple browsing of articles and comments
* Multi-level navigation of story/comment/reply
* Two-pane reading layout for tablet users
* Multiple themes supported
* Saving stories for later viewing, export/share your saved stories
* Option to view article inside app or using a browser of your choice
* Option to share your favourite articles
* Wide-range support for Android devices
The project is hosted at https://github.com/hidroh/materialistic
This project makes use of public API provided by Hacker News at https://github.com/HackerNews/API
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
Feel free to give feedback and/or contribute to this app.
It's opensource :D
- Endless scrolling
- Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now send links to HN with HNews
- Urls and Replies are sharable
- Supports HckrNews.com
- News list caching ( not caching the website the news point at )
1.1: - fixed icon
1.2: - Handle HN links in browser so you can choose to open a link with HNews
- Handle browser share page, you can now share links with HNews
- Long-click to upvote/downvote
- Long-click to open a link in the frontpage
1.2.1: - fixed share text
1.2.2: - fixed broken dialog
1.2.3: - added option to share urls/replies
1.3: - added support for HckrNews.com
1.3.1: - added news caching
1.3.2: - fixed broken infinite scrolling
1.3.3: - bugfixes
1.3.4: - fixed broken HN link handler ( thanks Matthew for report )
Latest Hacking News has been internationally recognized as a leading source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers.
In our tutorials we only EVER hack our own systems as a proof of concept and never engage in any black hat activity.
We get numerous emails on a daily basis asking us to do any of the following:
1.) Hack your friends Facebook/E-mail account
2.) Provide keys to copyright software
3.) Hack someones' website
If your email falls into any of the above categories we will not help you.
Email Service :- Coming soon .. !!
Additional Information :- Coming soon .. !!
- View the 'Top Stories' currently trending on the hacker news site.
- Bookmark stories and easily access these bookmarks to read stories later.
- View Comments for each story (nested comments supported)
- Full website supports with all media types (videos, audio etc)
- PDF support for stories consisting of a PDF document
- View user story lists
- Easily open the selected story in an external browser
Feel free to email me suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on twitter / instagram / Facebook @hitherejoe