All arrival estimates come directly from the MBTA. Unfortunately, the MBTA does not provide estimates for the Green line.
Please comment to let me know what you like (and what should be improved/added)! And if you have any problems, feel free to email me.
+ Get real-time bus arrival predictions
+ Get your nearby bus/rail stops
+ Get bus route schedules
+ Favorite your stops so that you have immediate access to their predictions.
+ Favorite your routes so that you can quickly lookup a list of stops and get their predictions.
+ Get predictions from other routes that share the same stop all in one screen.
+ Simple, straightforward, and easy to use.
+ Route Maps
Please let us know of any feedback that you may have. We want to make this application as useful to you as possible. If you find any problems, don't hesitate to contact us.
This application uses NextBus services.
The MBTA mTicket app is now available for all Commuter Rail and Ferry Lines!
With the new MBTA mTicket App for Commuter Rail and Ferry, you can securely purchase MBTA Commuter Rail and Ferry Single Ride, Round-Trip, 10 Ride, and Monthly tickets in seconds. Purchasing a ticket is easy: select your trip & ticket type, enter your payment card information and your smartphone is your ticket!
Never lose your ticket again! Once you purchase your ticket, it will always stick in My Tickets. Need to replace your phone? No problem -- we can easily transfer any purchased ticket.
Want to check your schedule or service updates? You can check schedules and T-Alerts right from inside the app!
We are making the app better everyday! Let us know what you think at www.mbta.com/mticket
● Secure ticket purchasing with your credit or debit card
● Your smartphone is your ticket
● Never worry about zones again -- just select your origin and destination to purchase
● Never lose your ticket -- tickets can be easily transferred if your phone is lost or stolen
● Check Commuter Rail schedules, maps, and service alerts
● Brand new offers from JustRide and the MBTA
This app is supported on Android 2.3 and above.
Please note that support for Android beta versions or experimental features is not guaranteed and customers using Android beta versions or experimental features do so at their own risk.
If you like MBTA Alerts, check out MBTA Alerts Pro in the Android market. It includes many frequently requested features and a vastly improved user interface.
Email if you have questions/problems
+ Povides you with Red Line, Orange Line, and Blue Line arrival time estimation.
+ Shows where each train is running at the moment.
+ Calculates how much chance you have to catch the train.
+ Finds your closest T station.
+ Has a bookmark feature for your favorite stations.
Permissions which this App requires
+ Fine (GPS) location
Used to find the closest station.
+ Modify/delete SD card contents
Used to store fetched data into SD card.
+ Full Internet access
Used for fetching schedule data.
+ Prevent phone from sleeping
Used to keep phone awake.
+ This App is an unofficial software.
+ The developer has no connection with MBTA.
+ The developer will take no responsibility for any possible damage or loss that are caused by this App.
+ The data provided is not always acculate.
+ Green Line and Silver Line are not supported.
+ This App acquires schedule data from http://developer.mbta.com/
- Full version free to use
- Multiple bus selections for each stop
- Find Me feature allows for device GPS search of stops around you
- Save frequently used buses and stops for quick access
- See where your bus is on Google Maps
1. Find real-time ETA for nearby stops instantly.
2. Find location of stop(s) and vehicle(s) on live map.
3. Find walking directions from the current location to the nearest stop.
4. Save favorite agency, route and stop, pushing it to the top of the list
5. Find all or nearby Transit agencies.
6. Support French and Spanish.
7. Restore default setting such as favorite stops and agencies.
8. Get Help and learn how to use the application.
9. Send comments/questions/complaints to NextBus or Transit Agency.
10. Expand arrival information for selected agency/route/stop
11. Find arrival for next three tracked vehicles.
12. Save alerts for a stop and agency.
1) Real-time ETA is available for service vehicles that are equipped with working GPS devices.
2) Stops must be serviced by transit agencies that are using NextBus RTPI system.
3) Where Transit agency is equipped with NextBus RTPI system.
- General improvements to address received crash reports
- Adjustments made to Spanish language translation
- Improvements to ADA elements of the app
- Improvements to the My Trips section
- Improvements to the Schedules section
- Enhancement made to the Map screen for readability
- Adjustments to the display screen to enhance usability
- Enhanced swipe function via the My Ride pages
- Increased usability of the Feedback portion of the app
- Removed the I Lost Something page
- This version of the app contains additional enhancements to design elements of the app that will enhance user experience
…The Official MBTA Commuter Rail App…
The official app of the MBTA Commuter Rail offered by Keolis Commuter Services. A simple one screen interface gives the Boston area Commuter Rail rider everything they need to make their train on time, including schedule info, train progress and alerts.
- My Ride. See how much time you’ve got until your train arrives, then follow its progress, and even how much gas you’ve saved by riding the Boston area Commuter Rail.
- Schedules. Commuter Rail schedules at your fingertips.
- My Trips. Save your trips for easy access later on.
- My Alarms. Need to rest before your stop? Don’t worry—the official MBTA Commuter Rail app will gently wake you up.
- Alerts. Stay informed about possible delays to your trip.
Every thing you need to make your life easier when traveling with MBTA
This app will give you:
- Live G.P.S T Map view of your next MBTA route location.
- Online prediction for the bus arrival to your stop
- Find the closest stations to your current location
- Auto alert - how much time you need to get a heads up, and go back to enjoying your free time.
- Daily auto alert - use the bus regularly? get a heads up every day to any route you are using.
- See all stops & transit on a 2D map
- The MBTA coverage includes places such as: Massachusetts, collegetown, radford
** Internet and NextBus GPS. based.
*** Please note - we use Google analytics to help us improve the app and make it better in the future
♥ Use search to find any stop or route instantly.
♥ Find when the bus is coming at particular stop for particular route.
♥ Find all the buses coming at a particular stop.
♥ Find bus information by selecting a stop on the map.
♥ Alarm when you reach destination.
♥ Save favorite stops or routes.
♥ Live location of bus on map.
♥ Uses arrival predictions as provided by Nextbus.
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
The MBTA Realtime T app tracks Boston's MBTA subway trains in realtime, accurately predicting when each train will arrive at your station. The app shows the location of each train on the line, as well as the estimated arrival time, down to the second, at each station. This works using sensors placed on the tracks - when a passing train triggers one of these sensors, MBTA Realtime T app is the first to know.
The app supports the Red, Orange, and Blue heavy rail lines. The Green Line is not supported, as the MBTA has not installed tracking technology on the Green Line trains (there is nothing app developers can do to get around this).
Connect with us:
New in this version:
- Added Commuter Rail
- Ability to display multiple different routes at once
- Long press a route in the route list to add it to the map
- App now opens to whichever lines were previously open if no favorite is set
- See the locations of all vehicles for a specified route in realtime. Destination/vehicle number for all vehicles is displayed as well (when available). Vehicle locations for Green line trains available on the above ground branches only.
Notifications for Arrivals:
- Long press any arrival prediction for any bus or subway route and you will receive a notification for it! Notification includes the line, direction, stop, and predicted arrival time.
- Select a bus route or subway line, and see the entire line on a map as well as all stops for that route.
- Select a route and view all the current MBTA travel alerts for that line
- Get arrival predictions - provided by the MBTA themselves - for any Red, Orange, or Blue line stop, or any bus stop as well. Green line arrival predictions are not available.
- Set a favorite route and have all line and all vehicles displayed immediately when you open the app!
"Where's the MBTA?" makes use of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Open Data to predict arrival times to MBTA* transit stations. It is by no means feature complete. More transit types and systems will be added later on.
Currently GPS tracking is only available for Green Line trains when they are on the surface west of Kenmore or Copley or between Lechmere and Haymarket. There is no GPS data yet for underground trains between Haymarket and Kenmore or Haymarket and Copley but the MBTA says that is being worked on. Also, some trains do not currently have GPS trackers.
- tracking incoming trains to selected T stop
- tracking all Green Line trains on Google Map
- MBTA alerts
- Boston Subway map
- distance units in miles or kilometers
- shortcuts (create shortcut to open app directly with your T stop selected)
- arrival predictions (new feature, currently only for following stations: Woodland, Waban, Eliot, Newton Highlands, Newton Centre, Chestnut Hill, Reservoir, Beaconsfield, Brookline Hills, Brookline Village, Longwood and Fenway). New lines/stations coming soon.
Upgrade to premium version to get some additional features:
- unlimited alarms
- favorite T stops
- no banner ads
Use Instantwatcher to find something good to watch tonight while you're waiting for the bus or having dessert with friends and wondering what to do next.
This app requires a WiFi or data connection to retrieve catalog data.
NOTE: This app does not playback movies. Netflix movies can only be played thru the Netflix app.