In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 17 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Works fine on mobile phones and tablets.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Rates your play
* Outstanding playing strength
* Simulates opponent of any strength
* Analyze your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety with built-in opening book
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Import and export games in PGN format
* Many different chess boards and pieces
* Play blindfolded
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 for your desktop or notebook computer (Mac, Windows or Linux) on shredderchess.com. You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
Get the best!
Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest ranked paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Casual and Pro modes (NEW!)
Two different play modes allow you to choose how much help the game gives you, and stats are kept separate for both.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique ""human-like"" style.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- ""Show CPU Thinking"" option for level 3+
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- Achievements, Leaderboards and Cloud save for stats! (NEW!)
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
-- Provides ELO Rating based on your results against CPU in Pro Mode (NEW!)
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 7 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
Landscape mode available for tablets. (NEW!)
Download the best Chess for Android now!
- Guess the move
- Blunder analysis (PCT analyses your games then creates a report and tactics puzzles from them)
- Train Tactics (automatically adapts to your weaknesses!)
- Train endgame positions vs engine
- Train Openings
- Memorize games
- Study courses
- Opening Explorer
- Intelligent scoring system
- View PGNs
- and best of all: you can use any PGN file for training
See also my new app Perfect Chess Database: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mbartl.perfectchessdatabase.android
-Display of thinking
-Full take back & forward
-Big opening book & named openings
-Set up position
-33 playing levels including easy & blitz
-Database. Save / load games to PGN databases on SD card
-Copy and paste PGN games to clipboard
-Simple, elegant user interface
"Crazy Bishop" with very high quality graphics!
Adjustable playing strength from 100 levels!
You can choose the strength of the computer from 258 to 2300 in ELO rating.
Level 1 is extremely weak, and Level 100 is extremely difficult to beat!
The Chess has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert!
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will be rewarded to enable changing the board style and pieces design by collecting medals. (Normal mode only)
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Computer gives your level evaluation by ELO rating in rating mode,
very useful for tracking your progress
- Enter and analyze any position you like in edit mode
- Hint facility to improve your game
- Review mode during a game
- Save/Load game records
- Supporting PGN file for both reading and writing
- Export game records via e-mail in text format or as a PGN file
- Enable to view full game history in the game record and restart game
from the selected move, which should be very practical for improving your chess
- Autosaves your current game
Chess Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call or exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your Android device, check out Chess Premium today!
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 50,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
- "I've tried every chess app out there and the Chess.com app is in a class by itself. It is the only chess app you will ever need, and the best choice if you want to improve!" - Michael
- “Amazing! Play with friends or random people at your skill level. So much fun!” - Playa
- “I use it daily for tactics, live games, and videos on strategy. I love this app!” - Samantha212
- “Great chess app and perfect mobile compliment to an excellent website. Highly recommended for beginners and experienced players alike.” - Brian
- “Makes playing chess against other players from around the world easy and fun.” - Northflow
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
/** FEATURES **/
☆ Load and analyze your games from PGN file
☆ Save moves and variations
☆ Paste PGN or FEN
☆ Share PGN/FEN with other Chess apps like Droidfish or send via Email/Twitter
☆ Manage and install new UCI engines. (Pro only)
☆ One click analysis from iChess & Chess Book Study apps
☆ New innovative feature to move back and forth by simply tilting your device. Now give your fingers some rest!
☆ Play against Engine or let Engines play against each other (Pro only. Tap engine name to see option)
☆ Annotate games with symbols and comments
☆ Auto replay games (Pro only)
☆ Supports Engines like Komodo8 which use the "Open Engine format"
For more features, Tips and Tricks, please see :
♚ Free vs Paid : Free version (a) has Ads (b) cannot install new UCI engines (c) cannot auto-replay moves and (d) has some other minor UI limitations while browsing games.
♚ This is not an app to play a chess game against the mobile or online or with friends
♚ Online chess not supported
♚ Importing external engines like Houdini 3, Rybka, Fritz, Hiarcs is currently not supported
♚ To download more engines, pls see:
http://www.stockfishchess.com/ (Stockfish homepage)
http://www.vlasak.biz/critter/ (Critter homepage)
G+ page : http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
Simply reading a Chess book without a Chess board is not easy unless you are Vishy Anand or Magnus Carlsen! What if you could read your PDF Chess ebooks or magazines as well as follow the games on a Chess board, all in one screen!? This is exactly what this app helps achieve.
All your Chess books and magazines in the palm of your hand!
Ideal for Large screen phones and Tablets.
=== FEATURES ===
☆ Open YOUR ebook in pdf, djvu format or purchase from the Store!
☆ Built-in Store with magazines from Chessdom (Chess Insider) and Chess.com (The Master's Bulletin)!
☆ Open e-magazines from New in Chess, USCF, Chess Today, British Chess Magazine etc
☆ Analyze with the power of two Chess engines! (touch and hold board for more options -> Analyze This)
☆ Open web sites like chesscafe.com, chessbase.com. How to read Google Books? http://goo.gl/0Soij
☆ Talk to move! (experimental)
☆ Copy board position to other apps like Droidfish, Chess for Android
☆ Book options like Day/Night mode, Bookmarks, Multi-touch zoom, Crop, Split
☆ Edit Annotations/variations, change Board themes and much more
=== FREE vs PRO ===
♚ Free has Ads.
♚ Free does NOT have Save game option
♚ Free has other minor UI limitation while loading games from PGN
=== NOTE ===
♚ Once you launch the app, please click Install button and follow onscreen instructions. This will install an open source app, EBookDroid which is required for showing ebooks.
♚ You need to manually move the pieces on the board, just like in real life. This app does NOT automatically make moves on the board if you tap the ebook.
♚ This app does not contain any pirated or commercial chess ebooks. You are free to load any Chess ebook in pdf, djvu or djv format.
♚ This app comes with a sample copy of "Bonus chapters from the book - Learn from Garry Kasparov’s Greatest Games" by FM Eric Schiller (http://ericschiller.com/)
Follow on Google Plus: http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
Chess Free provides a challenging experience of good chess game,
-- 15 play levels (Novice->Master)
You will be surprised if you will beat our algorithms on "Master" mode
-- Shows "AI Thinking"
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
-- "Two Players" mode
You can play against your friends on one tablet or through internet on your own tablet or phone.
You can see list of your competitors
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
Play against your friends!
*Note: Supported by unobtrusive Ads. Requested permissions are a requirement of the in-game ads only. The Paid version has no ads, and therefore no permissions beyond writing to SD card.*
Download Chess for Android now!
- Various chess horses and chess boards
- Various difficulty level supported by outstanding AI Engine
- Tournament mode play against 30 NPC
- Practice mode with five different difficulty levels.
- Multi player mode (up to 2 people)
- Saving basic and support replay mode.
- This game is perfectly supported tablet device.
In order to improve your experience with "Chess Tactics", please write us your feedback, especially in case you give a bad rating (the feedback can be sent as well by email or on the app facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chesstacticsapp).
Please check as well the "Chess Tactics for black" app!
"In chess, as in life, a man is his own most dangerous opponent." - Vassily Smyslov
"Chess is 99% tactics." - Rudolph Teichmann
"Good players develop a tactical instinct, a sense of what is possible or likely and what is not worth calculating." - Samuel Reshevsky
"No matter how much theory progresses, how radically styles change, chess play is inconceivable without tactics." - Samuel Reshevsky
"Tactics involve calculations that can tax the human brain, but when you boil them down, they are actually the simplest part of chess and are almost trivial compared to strategy." - Garry Kasparov
"Tactics flow from a superior position." - Bobby Fischer
"In general I consider that in chess everything rests on tactics. If one thinks of strategy as a block of marble, then tactics are the chisel with which a master operates, in creating works of chess art." - Tigran Petrosian
"...one other thing is the GM's superiority in tactics. For example Christiansen can find tactics in any position. If you're a GM you should be able to overpower the IM tactically. The GM will often blow out the IM in this area. " - Nick de Firman
"If the student forces himself to examine all the moves that smite, however absurd they look at first glance, he is on the way to becoming a master of tactics." - Cecil Purdy
- Play as white or black, against the computer or a friend.
- 10 difficulty levels, from novice to grandmaster.
- Include more than 38000 chess puzzles, divided into 13 collections.
- Support online gameplay.
- Support LAN game via bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
- Computer hint and unlimited undo for beginners.
- Changeable chessboards and piece sets, 2D/3D piece styles.
- Load and save games to PGN files.
- Autosaving your current game.
- Setup position, intelligent validity check.
- Randomly go to any point in the current game.
- Provide thousands of classic chess games to download, such as grandmaster games, world championship games.
- Switch to play mode when in view mode, analyze the game, and then restore the view status.
- More functions: handicap, view move list, automatic move playback, etc.
- It is free!
Want to test your chess skills against the World Champion of Chess? Now you can! Play Magnus offers you the opportunity to play chess against the official Magnus Carlsen "tuned" chess engine and gives you the chance to qualify to play Magnus Carlsen Live at a secret location! Play Magnus on your smartphone - it's free!
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually
The application contains powerful algorithm of game and friendly classic interface. Challenge your strategic skills with this relaxing game. With 10 levels of difficulty and on-line players provide a fun and challenging game for beginners and experts alike. Now you can enjoy the game anywhere you may be, directly from your smart phone.
* On-line mode with Google+ account!!!
* Accessibility - Adapted for people with visual impairments
* Ability to compose own figures position
* AI engine with 10 difficulty levels
* Parental control - control your children progress
* One or Two player mode
* Attractive classic wooden interface
* Undo move
* Ability to save games and continue later
* On-line ELO and Scores, leaderboards, achievements, chat, player invitations
Your comments will help to improve this application in the future.
It removes the restrictions of the free version and adds an edit mode which allows you to:
* try out analyzed lines
* edit annotations
* promote variations
* delete moves and variations
YOU NEED TO HAVE BOTH APPLICATIONS INSTALLED, THE FREE VERSION AND THIS PRO KEY.
Original key icon by Stephen Hutchings https://github.com/stephenhutchings/typicons.font
* Browse Scid (Shane's Chess Information Database) files, optimized for databases with millions of games
* Header search using player names, sites, events, dates, results, ECO, ELO ratings,…
* Search games by material and position
* Copy/paste games and positions to/from clipboard
* Edit board
* Support for variations
* Replay the game with a configurable delay between moves (autoplay)
* PGN import (also includes import from Internet)
* Analysis with included chess engine: Critter 1.2 (ARM) or Stockfish 2.1.1 (x86); you can add additional UCI engines for analysis
* Study mode
* Experimental write support and marking of games for deletion (needs Scid for PC to compact database after marking games for deletion)
* Retrieve positions from external programs, such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kgroth.chessocr (ChessOcr, non-free)
* GNU GPL v2
* Source: http://code.google.com/p/scidonthego/
* Most of the GUI code was taken from Peter Österlunds DroidFish and re-released under GPL v2 by the authors permission.
* Scid integration by Gerhard Kalab.
* Various enhancements by Alexander Klimov.
* Manage UCI engines by Larry Isaacs.
* Storage for accessing databases stored on the SD card
* Internet access for downloading PGN files from The Week in Chess (http://www.theweekinchess.com/twic/) and
* BETA Software - not all ChessBase databases can be converted!
* Source available (GPL): http://code.google.com/p/cb2pgn/
* Most of the source was taken from the scidb project. See: http://scidb.sourceforge.net/