Same as our "Chess Free", but no Ads.
"Chess" is currently the highest ranked paid chess on Android (at time of writing), from the paid chess programs listed.
-- 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
-- Casual and Pro modes (NEW!)
Two different play modes allow you to choose how much help the game gives you, and stats are kept separate for both.
-- Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft's MSN Chess). This has a unique ""human-like"" style.
-- Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
-- ""Show CPU Thinking"" option for level 3+
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
-- Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
-- Achievements, Leaderboards and Cloud save for stats! (NEW!)
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
-- Provides ELO Rating based on your results against CPU in Pro Mode (NEW!)
-- 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
-- 8 Chess Boards and 7 Chess Piece Sets
-- Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
-- Load/Save game files & PGN Export
-- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
Landscape mode available for tablets. (NEW!)
Download the best Chess for Android now!
In addition to the outstanding playing strength of the 17 times computer chess world champion, Shredder is also able to mimic the play of a human chess player with any playing strength. He even deliberately makes typical human mistakes in those levels.
Solve 1000 built in chess puzzles. Shredder keeps track of your performance and offers advice if needed.
You can adjust Shredder’s playing strength from beginner to master level. If you like, Shredder automatically adjusts his strength to yours. He even calculates an Elo rating for you. This is how the playing strength of chess players is typically measured.
During the game a coach is watching your moves and warns you if you are about to make a mistake.
See how you are getting better and better the more games you play and the more chess puzzles you solve.
Works fine on mobile phones and tablets.
* Adjustable playing strength
* Intuitive and very easy to operate
* 1000 built in chess puzzles
* Rates your play
* Outstanding playing strength
* Simulates opponent of any strength
* Analyze your games with Shredder, find your mistakes and improve your play
* Coach shows your mistakes
* Great variety with built-in opening book
* Enter and analyze any position you like
* Load and save games (incl. names, date, etc.)
* Import and export games in PGN format
* Many different chess boards and pieces
* Play blindfolded
* Improve your play whenever and wherever you like
Save 10 USD/EUR when buying Shredder 12 or Deep Shredder 12 for your desktop or notebook computer (Mac, Windows or Linux) on shredderchess.com. You will find your coupon code in the program info section.
Get the best!
- Guess the move
- Blunder analysis (PCT analyses your games then creates a report and tactics puzzles from them)
- Train Tactics (automatically adapts to your weaknesses!)
- Train endgame positions vs engine
- Train Openings
- Memorize games
- Study courses
- Opening Explorer
- Intelligent scoring system
- View PGNs
- and best of all: you can use any PGN file for training
See also my new app Perfect Chess Database: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mbartl.perfectchessdatabase.android
Chess Premium supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Premium includes a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Undo function if you accidentally hit the wrong square
* Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call or exit the application
If you're looking for a killer chess application for your Android device, check out Chess Premium today!
-Display of thinking
-Full take back & forward
-Big opening book & named openings
-Set up position
-33 playing levels including easy & blitz
-Database. Save / load games to PGN databases on SD card
-Copy and paste PGN games to clipboard
-Simple, elegant user interface
/** FEATURES **/
☆ Load and analyze your games from PGN file
☆ Save moves and variations
☆ Paste PGN or FEN
☆ Share PGN/FEN with other Chess apps like Droidfish or send via Email/Twitter
☆ Manage and install new UCI engines. (Pro only)
☆ One click analysis from iChess & Chess Book Study apps
☆ New innovative feature to move back and forth by simply tilting your device. Now give your fingers some rest!
☆ Play against Engine or let Engines play against each other (Pro only. Tap engine name to see option)
☆ Annotate games with symbols and comments
☆ Auto replay games (Pro only)
☆ Supports Engines like Komodo8 which use the "Open Engine format"
For more features, Tips and Tricks, please see :
♚ Free vs Paid : Free version (a) has Ads (b) cannot install new UCI engines (c) cannot auto-replay moves and (d) has some other minor UI limitations while browsing games.
♚ This is not an app to play a chess game against the mobile or online or with friends
♚ Online chess not supported
♚ Importing external engines like Houdini 3, Rybka, Fritz, Hiarcs is currently not supported
♚ To download more engines, pls see:
http://www.stockfishchess.com/ (Stockfish homepage)
http://www.vlasak.biz/critter/ (Critter homepage)
G+ page : http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
"Crazy Bishop" with very high quality graphics!
Adjustable playing strength from 100 levels!
You can choose the strength of the computer from 258 to 2300 in ELO rating.
Level 1 is extremely weak, and Level 100 is extremely difficult to beat!
The Chess has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert!
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will be rewarded to enable changing the board style and pieces design by collecting medals. (Normal mode only)
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Computer gives your level evaluation by ELO rating in rating mode,
very useful for tracking your progress
- Enter and analyze any position you like in edit mode
- Hint facility to improve your game
- Review mode during a game
- Save/Load game records
- Supporting PGN file for both reading and writing
- Export game records via e-mail in text format or as a PGN file
- Enable to view full game history in the game record and restart game
from the selected move, which should be very practical for improving your chess
- Autosaves your current game
- Jogue gratuita e ilimitadamente (partidas ao Vivo/Blitz e Diárias/por Correspondência)
- Mais de 50.000 problemas táticos
- Lições gratuitas e vídeo por Grandes Mestres
- Jogue & Analise suas partidas usando nosso potente simulador
- Artigos diários de autores e treinadores de nomeada, como o MI Jeremy Silman
- Explorador de aberturas para Aprender & Jogar as aberturas certas
- Faça Amigos & Envie mensagens
- Mais de 20 lindos temas para Tabuleiros, Peças, & Fundos de tela
- Estatísticas detalhadas de Desempenho & Ratings
- Fórum comunitário ativo
- "Experimentei todos os aplicativos de xadrez disponíveis e o aplicativo do Chess.com está em um patamar único. É o único que você vai precisar, e a melhor opção se quiser melhorar seu xadrez!" - Michael
- "Incrível! Jogue com amigos, ou com jogadores do seu nível enxadrístico escolhidos ao acaso. Muito divertido!" - Pplaya901
- "Uso diariamente para treinamento de táticas, partidas ao vivo, e vídeos sobre estratégia. Adoro esse aplicativo!" - Samantha212
- "Muito bom aplicativo de xadrez e um complemento móvel perfeito para um excelente website. Altamente recomendável tanto para iniciantes como para jogadores experientes" - Brian
- "Faz com que jogar xadrez com pessoas de todo o mundo seja fácil e divertido" - Northflow
Chess.com é o Nº 1 em jogos de xadrez online, com milhões de jogadores de todo o mundo. Chess.com é construído por jogadores de xadrez e entusiastas que realmente amam xadrez, e não por meros programadores que apenas querem fazer algumas experiências à volta desse jogo.
A aplicação Xadrez Grátis oferece-lhe uma experiência desafiante num bom jogo de xadrez,
-- 15 níveis de jogos (Principiante->Mestre)
Ficará surpreendido se derrotar os nossos algorítmos no modo de ""Mestre""
-- Apresenta ""IA a pensar""
-- Desenhado tanto para Tablet como para Telemóvel
-- Modo de ""Dois Jogadores""
Pode jogar contra os seus amigos num tablet ou pela internet no seu próprio tablet ou telemóvel.
-- Tabelas de classificação
Pode ver uma lista dos seus concorrentes
Disponível ao iniciar sessão com a sua conta Google+
Jogue contra os seus amigos!
*Nota: A aplicação é suportada por anúncios não intrusivos. As permissões requeridas são apenas um requisito dos anúncios dentro do jogo. A versão paga não tem quaisquer anúncios e, portanto, não pede permissões além da de escrever no cartão SD.*
Descarregue Xadrez para Android agora!"
*Advanced 3D graphics;
*AI opponent with adjustable level from junior to grandmaster;
*Online chess server. No registration needed. Play with your friends all over the world!
*Different themes of chess set;
Chess Free supports both 1 player and 2 player gameplay, so you can play against friends or test your skills against a challenging computer opponent.
Chess Free offers a host of exciting features, including:
* Great graphics and exciting sound effects
* Configurable player names and score tracking
* Outstanding AI engine with configurable difficulty level
* Board rotation for two player games
* Undo function
* Automatic save when you get a phone call or exit the application
Chess Free is supported by unobtrusive banner advertising.
- Vários cavalos de xadrez e tabuleiros de xadrez
- Vários níveis de dificuldade apoiado pelo excelente motor AI
- Torneio jogo modo contra 30 NPC
- Modo de prática com cinco níveis de dificuldade diferentes.
- O modo multi jogador (até 2 pessoas)
- Salvando modo básico e apoio replay.
- Este jogo é perfeitamente suportado tablet.
- Play as white or black, against the computer or a friend.
- 10 difficulty levels, from novice to grandmaster.
- Include more than 38000 chess puzzles, divided into 13 collections.
- Support online gameplay.
- Support LAN game via bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
- Computer hint and unlimited undo for beginners.
- Changeable chessboards and piece sets, 2D/3D piece styles.
- Load and save games to PGN files.
- Autosaving your current game.
- Setup position, intelligent validity check.
- Randomly go to any point in the current game.
- Provide thousands of classic chess games to download, such as grandmaster games, world championship games.
- Switch to play mode when in view mode, analyze the game, and then restore the view status.
- More functions: handicap, view move list, automatic move playback, etc.
- It is free!
In order to improve your experience with "Chess Tactics", please write us your feedback, especially in case you give a bad rating (the feedback can be sent as well by email or on the app facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chesstacticsapp).
Please check as well the "Chess Tactics for black" app!
"In chess, as in life, a man is his own most dangerous opponent." - Vassily Smyslov
"Chess is 99% tactics." - Rudolph Teichmann
"Good players develop a tactical instinct, a sense of what is possible or likely and what is not worth calculating." - Samuel Reshevsky
"No matter how much theory progresses, how radically styles change, chess play is inconceivable without tactics." - Samuel Reshevsky
"Tactics involve calculations that can tax the human brain, but when you boil them down, they are actually the simplest part of chess and are almost trivial compared to strategy." - Garry Kasparov
"Tactics flow from a superior position." - Bobby Fischer
"In general I consider that in chess everything rests on tactics. If one thinks of strategy as a block of marble, then tactics are the chisel with which a master operates, in creating works of chess art." - Tigran Petrosian
"...one other thing is the GM's superiority in tactics. For example Christiansen can find tactics in any position. If you're a GM you should be able to overpower the IM tactically. The GM will often blow out the IM in this area. " - Nick de Firman
"If the student forces himself to examine all the moves that smite, however absurd they look at first glance, he is on the way to becoming a master of tactics." - Cecil Purdy
Want to test your chess skills against the World Champion of Chess? Now you can! Play Magnus offers you the opportunity to play chess against the official Magnus Carlsen "tuned" chess engine and gives you the chance to qualify to play Magnus Carlsen Live at a secret location! Play Magnus on your smartphone - it's free!
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually
It removes the restrictions of the free version and adds an edit mode which allows you to:
* try out analyzed lines
* edit annotations
* promote variations
* delete moves and variations
YOU NEED TO HAVE BOTH APPLICATIONS INSTALLED, THE FREE VERSION AND THIS PRO KEY.
Original key icon by Stephen Hutchings https://github.com/stephenhutchings/typicons.font
* Browse Scid (Shane's Chess Information Database) files, optimized for databases with millions of games
* Header search using player names, sites, events, dates, results, ECO, ELO ratings,…
* Search games by material and position
* Copy/paste games and positions to/from clipboard
* Edit board
* Support for variations
* Replay the game with a configurable delay between moves (autoplay)
* PGN import (also includes import from Internet)
* Analysis with included chess engine: Critter 1.2 (ARM) or Stockfish 2.1.1 (x86); you can add additional UCI engines for analysis
* Study mode
* Experimental write support and marking of games for deletion (needs Scid for PC to compact database after marking games for deletion)
* Retrieve positions from external programs, such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kgroth.chessocr (ChessOcr, non-free)
* GNU GPL v2
* Source: http://code.google.com/p/scidonthego/
* Most of the GUI code was taken from Peter Österlunds DroidFish and re-released under GPL v2 by the authors permission.
* Scid integration by Gerhard Kalab.
* Various enhancements by Alexander Klimov.
* Manage UCI engines by Larry Isaacs.
* Storage for accessing databases stored on the SD card
* Internet access for downloading PGN files from The Week in Chess (http://www.theweekinchess.com/twic/) and
* BETA Software - not all ChessBase databases can be converted!
* Source available (GPL): http://code.google.com/p/cb2pgn/
* Most of the source was taken from the scidb project. See: http://scidb.sourceforge.net/