My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last year and we needed a tool just like this, so I decided to make one and offer it to you. Proceeds from this app will go to help us get a Diabetes Alert Service Dog for my daughter.
FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help!
★ FOOD & DRINK DATABASE: The App is currently available for the UK (3,500+ food & drink photos), USA (2,000+ photos) and Portugal (900+ photos), with the database being expanded all the time.
★ PORTION SIZES: Up to 6 portion photos for each item (perfect for portion control & weight loss!)
★ BRANDED FOODS: Customer favourites, such as Kellogg’s, Domino’s, Danone, Weetabix, Ryvita, Yakult, Dorset Cereals, Innocent, Alpen, Nakd, Ready Brek… and many more coming soon!
★ FOOD & DRINK CATEGORIES: 22 different categories covering Biscuits & Crackers, Branded Foods, Bread, Breakfast, Cakes & Bakery, Desserts, Drinks, Eggs & Cheese, Fruit, Ingredients (for cooking & baking), Meals, Meal Accompaniments, Meat, Chicken & Fish, Nuts & Seeds, Potatoes, Rice, Pasta & Grains, Sauces & Spreads, Seasonal, Snacks, Take-aways, Vegetables & Pulses and Yoghurt.
★ MY FOODS: Take photos of your own food and add them to a customised list in the App!
★ MEAL CALCULATOR: No need for scales or complicated calculations! Just look at the food on your plate, find the food in the App, choose the relevant portion size & add it to the Meal Calculator.
★ INTEGRATED CALENDAR: Store a breakfast, lunch, dinner & 3 snacks per day in the Calendar to keep track of the food & drink you consume each day.
★DAILY TARGETS: Calculates your estimated calorie & nutrient intake and gives you daily targets for carbs, cals, protein, fat & 5-a-day.
★ RECIPE BUILDER: Add components of a recipe & the App will automatically calculate the nutritional information per serving.
★ EXERCISE: Calculates calories burned in a wide range of different exercise and keeps track of your activity in the Diary.
★ DOWNLOAD ALL IMAGES FACILITY: For using the App when no Internet access is available (e.g. in restaurants, on holiday, and when out & about.)
★ DIABETES AREA: Log your blood glucose readings and link the carbohydrate content of meals to the insulin calculator.
★ Compiled by Chris Cheyette MSc BSc (Hons) RD, Diabetes Specialist Dietitian & Yello Balolia BA (Hons), Photographic Artist.
PLEASE NOTE: The App is available for Android phones with OS 2.1 & up, with autofocus camera.
HAVE A SUGGESTION OR QUESTION? Email email@example.com and we'll do our best to help you or improve the App and release a free update. PLEASE USE OUR EMAIL AS WE’RE NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO MARKET REVIEWS.
★ Customer Feedback about Carbs & Cals ★
“Perfect in every way! Very, very helpful and professional!!”
“This book has been life-changing for my son & husband, both of whom are diabetic.”
“Helped me realize how the portion sizes I was eating were far too large.”
“This is brilliant for anyone who needs to count their Carbs and Calories!”
“A must for diabetics.”
“Very useful for losing weight.”
“Well worth the purchase price - I can see me referring to this quite often.”
“Gives a real representation of how many carbs are in different portion sizes, and this is invaluable in carb counting.”
“Guesstimates are often way out, so this is a huge help.”
Glucool Diabetes is a powerful diabetes management app, helping you to obtain better control of your diabetes by tracking key data that you can view in a journal or on graphs, send to your doctor, use to compute statistics, and much more.
Key features include:
* A beautiful, intuitive user interface, making it a breeze to enter all your key data on a day-to-day basis.
* A complete data tracker, for monitoring a wealth of data: blood glucose (BG), blood pressure (BP), insulin & medication doses, weight & BMI, carbs intake, exercise and HbA1c.
* Enter multiple data at once: add BG, insulin, carbs, and notes all in one go, or even directly from the insulin dose calculator.
* Create and send e-mail reports to e.g. your doctor (including graphs).
* Advanced graphing options: highlight e.g. your post-lunch values and your daily average, to get a clearer picture of your problem zones; view your BG and BP distribution on pie charts; display BMI ranges on your weight graph; and much more...
* Define custom ranges, to easily spot out-of-range readings.
* Compute meaningful statistics of your BG values.
* An insulin dose calculator.
* An alarm system, for setting up alarms e.g. 2 hours after a meal.
* Supports mg/dL and mmol/L units.
* Supports lbs and kg; inches and cm.
* Highly customizable: define e.g. custom insulin & medication types, exercise types; hide away the data that you do not need to keep track of.
* Backup and restore.
• weight loss
• sports performance
It also provides:
• fat analysis
• future meal planning
for food items by meal and day.
There is a Product Tour available at www.glycemicdietsw.com.
The Glycemic Index - a measure of carbohydrate quality based on how quickly food raises blood glucose (blood sugar) levels - is a dietary key to health, say the authors of The New Glucose Revolution. Low-GI foods, by virtue of their slow digestion and absorption, produce gradual rises in blood sugar and insulin levels, and have proven benefits for health. The Glycemic Index is highly recommended by Atkins, Fat Flush, and South Beach diets.
A method of saving historical full meal information for future access allows easy reconstruction of the user's typical meals. Once these favorites are built, it is an easy matter to build a new day’s meal plan, including the ability to modify each favorite for today.
Meal planning can be done for the next week. The software also provides a complete history of previous day’s meals to ease current day planning.
It is important to understand that the Glycemic Index of a food item involves human testing of at least ten people on a restricted diet eating fairly large quantities of the food item and having their blood sugar tested over a period of time. It cannot be determined by simple chemical testing.
All data is stored on the phone at:
Written by a diabetic.
One unique feature of the application is to provide the math used in the calculation of your dose.
Every time you use the application, it saves the calculated value to a log. The log will display the last 100 entries, providing you with a basic overview of your glucose levels throughout the day.
I wrote this application for my son, who has type-1 diabetes. If you find it of value, please feel free to use it. I welcome user feedback for future enhancements and revisions.
If you like this application, please rate it, and give me some feedback, so I can improve it.
It works by entering the amount you will eat of a chosen food (in grams), together with a carbs-per-unit value (I:C ratio).
Foods can be added and always saved together with the carbs-per-unit value for the next time you start the application. Three different presets of you I:C ratio can be saved as well.
* Calculating how much food you should eat, provided the carbs-per-unit value and how many units of insulin that you are going to take.
* Calculating a new carbs-per-unit value, provided the food you ate and the amount of insulin you took to get a good blood glucose value.
* Saving presets for carbs-per-unit value, for those who have a different ratio for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This app is mainly focused to persons with type 1 insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus ("juvenile diabetes"), to help optimizing insulin dosage and get great blood glucose numbers; but it might work well for people with type 2 diabetes as well.
Carbohydrates can be entered directly or using the menus function. This function provides the amount of carbohydrates directly from an intuitive predefined food database with pictures, dishes with different sizes, weights, volumes, etc. It is also possible to introduce additional conditions for the calculation, such as whether physical exercise has been performed, a disease is being present, stress, etc.
All measurements are stored in a database, including the blood glucose value, the carbohydrates amount, the insulin value, events, etc. Besides being able to review it at any time, a report in web page format can be generated which, transferred to a PC, can be printed for reviewing with the doctor, etc.
Also, it includes additional features such as measurement reminders, quick menus, warnings of hyper/hypoglycemia, advise of fast-acting carbohydrates, help, etc.
NEW !!: Download thousands of additional dishes from different regions around the world. Available on the full version.
- Insulin bolus calculation based on carbohydrates and blood glucose.
- Active insulin from previous boluses is used for the calculations automatically.
- Ability to include special events for calculation. (Exercise, illness, stress ..)
- Availability of large number of predefined sizes dish foods (including pictures) to create custom menus. They can be included in the calculation automatically.
- Complete and detailed measurements database.
- Option to generate a report in web format and export it to a PC to be reviewed with the doctor.
- Miscellaneous functions: Alert two hours after food, etc.
- Complete set of configuration variables for diabetes (insulin sensitivity, carbohydrates ratio, target blood glucose, insulin active time, etc.) for different time ranges.
- Hyper/hypoglycemia alerts with carbohydrate intake recommendations in different formats.
- Help menu
Download the full version to remove ads.
Note 1: Before start, please fill at least the following settings:
1. Insulin sensitivity, Carbohydrate rate and the Ideal glucose interval. All of this within the desired time block.
2. Insulin action time and delay time.
3. Bolus positive (increase) or negative (decrease) events (Exercise, illness, etc.) percentages
If you don't know any of these parameters, plase ask your doctor.
Note 2: Bolus advice provided by the app is solely advice. Contact your healthcare professional prior to
changing your diabetes therapy.
Note 3: Access to storage card is required to generate glucose data reports.
Note 4: The app can be moved to SD. However, if the card is removed and inserted again, pending alerts will be removed.
Please don't use the comments for support.
Instead visit: http://getsatisfaction.com/felix_software
We are happy to help you!
Insulin Bolus Calculator is a medical mobile application that calculates an estimated insulin bolus with active insulin to support your food intake or to correct a high blood glucose (BG). It is very necessarily for diabetic patient (with diabetes mellitus) on insulin therapy.
Insulin Bolus Calculator is similar to "Bolus Wiard" in Medtronic Paradigm insulin pump, "Bolus Advice Calculator" in Accu-Chek Combo insulin pump, "Insulin Calculator" in OmniPod, Animas, One Touch Ping and Dana Diabecare insulin pump.
• User-friendly interface
You do not have to aim in the input field and gain values on the keyboard. Maximum large buttons help you quickly dial your blood glusoce and carbohydrates.
• Active insulin (insulin on board)
Active insulin is the bolus insulin that has already been delivered to your body, but has not yet been used. The “Insulin Bolus Calculator” considers your active insulin time setting in determining any active insulin still in your body from prior boluses. This may help prevent hypoglycemia caused by over-correcting for high blood glucose. The “Insulin Bolus Calculator” automatically tracks active insulin for you.
• Different combination
Various systems of accounting carbohydrates. Various systems of measurement of blood glucose. Different combination.
• Configuration profiles
For example you can now make a profile on sports and then just switch it on.
• Saving all data
• Fine-tuning coefficients
You can specify the individual value of each factor (eg Meal Factor) and target blood glucose values for each hour. Twenty-four interval in the day. This will allow flexibility to accommodate all the features of your treatment of diabetes.
• A full report about calculated dose
If necessary, you can view a full report on the calculation of the recommended dose of insulin. Used in calculating the you entered coefficients, and the level of active insulin and much more.
• Full freedom
The calculated insulin dose is only recommended. If this dose does not suit you, you can specify a dose of insulin. And out of this dose will be calculated active insulin.
To use this Insulin Bolus Calculator, you need the following information:
Carbohydrate counting (in grams or exchanges): you need to know which foods contain carbohydrates and how to count these.
Your blood glucose: you need to know your blood glucose (BG) from blood
In addition to your blood glucose and/or your food entry, the Insulin Bolus Calculator uses personal settings:
• carb units (grams or exchanges)
• meal factor (in carbohydrate grams/unit of insulin or insulin units/carb exchanges)
• BG units (mmol/L or mg/dL)
• correction factor (insulin sensitivity)
• target blood glucose range
• active insulin time (hours) (aka insulin on board)
Get this information from your healthcare professional, and, for best results, talk to your healthcare professional before making any changes.
How "Insulin Bolus Calculator" works.
After the "Insulin Bolus Calculator" is programmed, it can calculate an estimate of insulin you need for your correction bolus and/or your food bolus. You have the option of using the estimate or changing it as necessary.
On the main screen, select your current level of glucose in the blood. (The measurement you have to get on the meter.).
Then specify the amount of carbohydrates.
The program automatically calculates the recommended dose of insulin, with active insulin.
That would keep the calculated insulin dose and take it into consideration in calculating the active insulin following bolus, click "Accept"
To see the details of the bolus calculation , click "Detalis". On this screen you can specify your insulin dose. This dose will be considered when calculating the active insulin in the future.
Need more information - visit our site www.FelixSoftware.org
Since diabetes is a chronic disease, people who are suffering from it should be more vigilant about their health more than ever. It means that they should visit their doctors more often, maintain a healthy lifestyle and take the necessary medications or undergo needed treatments for them to stay healthy.
Before taking in any medication or undergoing a specific diabetes treatment, it is a must that person knows what type of diabetes he or she is suffering from. Basically, there are three types of diabetes: type 1 diabetes wherein the person's body doesn’t have the capability to produce insulin, which is crucial for sugar to turn the food into energy; the type 2 diabetes the most common type restricts the person's pancreas to produce enough supply insulin for the body to use well; and the gestational diabetes which occurs among pregnant women and can lead to type 2 diabetes eventually if not monitored immediately.
Experts say that people with diabetes should aim for healthy diet and getting regular exercise to control the illness. At times, there will be the need to take in some medications or undergo diabetes treatments
Everyone benefits of yoga. And how does it help in fighting diabetes? Yes, yoga is the best remedy for keeping blood sugar levels under control. Therefore, it also helps in maintaining blood pressure, keeping weight in check and treats symptoms of diabetes. Here are the best yoga asana videos you can practice if you complain of this health condition.
1. Yoga Exercises for Diabetes - Special Asana to Cure Diabetes and Diet Tips.
2. Bhujang Asana Yoga for Diabetes.
3. Dr CV Rao Yoga Asanas For Diabetes (Madhumeham).
4. Yoga Techniques for Diabetics.
5. GuruNanda Yoga Postures for Diabetes/ High Blood Sugar.
6. Iyengar Yoga for Diabetes in Tamil.
7. Dhanur Asana Yoga for Diabetes.
8. Yoga as Therapy to Cure Diabetes.
9. Yoga Tips for Diabetes - Poses to functioning the pancreas.
10. Yoga for Diabetes with Keri Marino.
11. Yoga for Diabetes (Madhumeh Ke Liye) : Simple Exercises To Treat Diabetes.
12. Dahn Yoga: Diabetes and Exercise Tip.
13. Dhanurasana - Yoga Excercise for Diabetes.
14. Yoga & natural remedies for Diabetes.
15. How to Cure Diabetes With YOGA (On Chair For Beginners).
16. Yogic Chart for Diabetes - Asana, Yoga Posture, Benefits.
17. Pranayama - Yoga Exercise for Diabetes.
18. Bhujangasana - Yoga Excercise for Diabetes.
19. Pawanmuktasana - Yoga Exercisefor Diabetes.
20. Surya Namaskar - Yoga Exercise for Diabetes.
21. Pavanamuktasana Yoga To Reduce Gastric And Diabetes Problems.
22. Diabetics - Yogasana - Simple yoga postures to control Diabetes.
23. Halasana - Yoga Excercise for Diabetes.
24. Ustrasana - Yoga Exercise for Diabetes.
25. Ardha Matsyendrasana - Yoga Excercise for Diabetes.
Download this app right now and get it started. Stay Healthy!
Disclaimer: All the videos have been curated specially by our fitness experts. The informational videos are the sole property of the respective experts and we are not responsible for any copyright issues.
* Highest overall rated Diabetes App in the world… AND IT’S FREE!
* Featured in the Wall Street Journal, NY Times and a dozen Diabetes Blogs
* CTIA 1st Place Award-Mobile Health Application
FOR TELCARE® AND NON-TELCARE BGM® USERS
Diabetes Pal helps track, analyze, and share blood glucose, medication, and food data manually AND automatically.
All data is synchronized and viewable at https://mytelcare.com for FREE.
With this app in hand, you or your loved ones can view every reading you’ve taken with the Telcare BGM® or manually entered.
- Automatic and manual data entry options
- Auto-syncs with MyTelcare.com, which automatically receives data sent from the cellular-enabled Telcare BGM
- Desktop access from Mac or PC
- Printable reports
- Create, track, and achieve goals
- Beautiful, landscape, zoom-friendly charts and graphs
- Store BG, Food, Medication and Notes
- Offline and online modes
Diabetes Pal enables you to track your progress in real time. With the Telcare BGM®, the app will automatically receive your blood glucose readings. Manual entry modes allow blood glucose storage for non-Telcare BGM users, too!®
Manually enter logs of blood glucose, medication, or food in just a few seconds using our optimized “Add Log” interface.
You can even attach a note to your entries. With a dedicated “Today” section, you can view your real-time progress toward testing goals and most recent readings with the tap of a finger.
The built in logbook is updated with a single tap to display all of your BG readings from your Telcare BGM®, as well as manual blood glucose, medication, and food entries.
With this instant gratification also comes the ability to see automatically generated graphs of your trends over the period of time of your choice. This includes BG averages over time, averages based on meal tags, and breakdowns of your highs and lows.
When you’re ready, you can choose to send a mail report in PDF form to a doctor, caretaker, or loved one right from the app’s home screen.
The best part: it's completely free.
This app syncs via SSL with a secured web server. All protected personal data are stored on a secured, encrypted separate volume in a database behind a firewall.