This app provides a synopsis of the first seconds following the Big Bang and the Inflation period. It discusses the symmetry breaking process that resulted in splitting the original force into the four forces of the Standard Model today. In addition, it displays basic information about the Fermions and Boson of the Standard Model.
The quantum uncertainty of spontaneous symmetry breaking during the Big Bang was completely indifferent to the birth of the universe and life on Earth. However, this event produced inquiring minds with many questions, such as "what is mass?"
Understanding the origin of mass is one of the greatest challenges of science. Going back to a tiny fraction of a second after the Big Bang, the four forces of nature began to split apart and an inflationary expansion took place that increased the size of the universe exponentially. Under these extremely hot conditions the fundamental particles began to form and travel at the speed of light. A tiny fraction of a second later, these particles acquired mass through the Higgs Mechanism, thereby creating the Standard Model of elementary particles ( leptons, quarks, and bosons). The moment when the Higgs field went from zero to an average nonzero value is known as the "electroweak phase transition." The transition was similar to liquid water turning into ice.
Today, we know that the 2.725 degree K cosmic microwave background radiation firmly established the existence Big Bang.
This application will be installed on user's android device as a stand alone application. This calculator has been adapted from Ned Wright's Cosmology Calculator.
H0(Hubble constant, default:70.8)
Age of the universe now
Age of the universe then
Comoving horizon of the universe now
Comoving horizon of the universe then
Comoving distance of the sourse now
Comoving distance of the sourse then
Angular Diameter distance
Light Travel Time Distance
Sound may not be available in some environments.
Web app version:http://mumyachan.web.fc2.com/science/cosmologycalculator.html
Web apps (PC):http://www.geocities.jp/mumyachan/
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
This astronomy for beginner’s course is for anyone who loves astronomy and wants to get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries.
Join Professor Chris Impey and our team of instructors from Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona to learn the science behind the latest astronomy news headlines, to enrich your understanding of the universe, and to glimpse the future of this exciting area of research.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- Over 77 lectures and 23.5 hours of content!
- Become familiar with the cutting edge of astronomy research, from the Solar System and exoplanets to galaxies and the distant universe.
- Learn how astronomers are addressing profound issues such as the existence of life beyond Earth and black holes and the nature of dark matter and dark energy.
- Gain an appreciation for the technological innovations in telescopes and detectors that are transforming our view of the universe.
- What is the target audience?
- Everyone- Amateur Astronomers
- Planetarium Educators
- Science Center and Museum Educat
- Science Teachers
- Astronomy Instructors
- Students of Astronomy
- Lifetime access to 77 lectures and 1 quizzes
- 23+ hours of high quality content
- A community of 19200+ people trying to learn the same thing!
- Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
- Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE*
"I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. It covers a wide range of topics in sufficient detail to make it interesting and thought provoking. If Udemy create more courses about astronomy, cosmology or related subjects then you can count me in!"
- (Peter Cooper) ★★★★★
"Great course, loved it, learned so much, best course ever."
- (Michael Clark) ★★★★★
Instructed By: Professor Chris Impey,Dr. Matthew Wenger,Carmen Lucinda Austin
Chris Impey is a University Distinguished Professor and Deputy Head of the Department at the University of Arizona, in charge of academic programs. His research is on observational cosmology, gravitational lensing, and the evolution and structure of galaxies.
Install the "Astronomy Learning" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
★ HD graphics and awesome music and sound effects
★ Easy to use and intuitive controls
★ Detailed information about the places you visit
★ Images based on real photos taken by telescopes or NASA spacecraft
★ Ideal educational introduction for kids
★ An atmospheric experience in the vacuum of space!
Easy to use controls make navigation a breeze. A simple tap will send you soaring into the outer reaches of deep space. Another tap will return you safely home to Earth.
There’s lots to see and do. In addition to beautiful graphics, Solar System Explorer also includes a great deal of information about the planetary systems you’ll visit. Learning has never been so enjoyable!
With the new free-flight option, you can take direct control and fly the spaceship yourself and become the pilot. Accompanied by a rumbling engine, you’ll be swooping through the asteroid belt, diving through the gas giant Saturn’s rings and surfing the upper atmosphere of planets. It’s the next best thing to a space walk!
The 3D models in this app are based on photos taken by NASA spacecraft and ground based telescopes. Because some of the moons around the gas giants have only been visited once or twice, we may have partially complete images. Missing surface detail for these objects is estimated from what can be seen.
In this solar system simulator you can explore the brilliant blue-green Uranus, knocked onto its side by a massive collision. Visit the proto-planet Ceres which makes up one third of the mass of the asteroid belt. Marvel at Neptune's moon Triton which orbits in the opposite direction to Proteus. Take in the sights of the Jupiter's heavily scarred moon Callisto, its surface pockmarked by countless impact craters.
Places to visit in this solar system orrery:
The Sun, otherwise known as Sol
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars
Gas giant: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
Moons: Luna, Deimos and Phobos, Callisto, Europa, Ganymede, Io, Mimas, Tethys, Enceladus, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Iapetus, Miranda, Umbriel, Ariel, Oberon, Titania, Triton, Proteus, Charon
Dwarf: Ceres, Vesta and Pluto
Also, catch up to NASA's Voyager spacecraft on its lonely journey into the cosmos
This is the 3D simulator for pocket astronomers!
Download the old Solar Explorer Lite version at http://apps.burlock.org/solar-explorer-hd-can-download-lite/
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every star, planet, constellation, or deep space object, such as nebulae and galaxies, has an (i) next to its name. Tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• StarWalk has data on over 9000 man-made satellites. Track their flight across the sky, be it day or night, catch iridium flares.
• Meteor showers are spectacular yearly events. Star Walk can help you plan ahead and locate the meteor shower on the night sky.
Share your experience
• Post pictures from your virtual planetarium and let your friends learn about the night sky. Astronomy has never been so engaging!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your device up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
This premium version of the best selling astronomy and star gazing app includes all the in-app upgrades from Star Chart in one neat package!
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart Infinite will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart Infinite calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart Infinite will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart Infinite includes:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at. *
- Displays all the planets of the solar system, plus the sun and the moon.
- All 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 125,000 stars!
- Includes Charles Messier's entire catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Includes the time and location of all the major meteor showers
- Includes the position of all the major satellites of Earth including Hubble & the ISS
- Includes a set of extended solar system objects made up of moons, dwarf planets and large asteroids.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart Infinite displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart Infinite is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
For help with Star Chart please visit our Star Chart User Guide: www.escapistgames.com/starchart/instruction_manual.html
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode requires a built-in compass.
* Star Chart requires internet access when accessing our support page.
Distant Suns (max) astronomy app is an award-winning hand-held planetarium with over 25 years of development, offering you the new way to look at the sky from on the Earth to off. Sporting over 130,000 stars, all 8 (or is it 9?) planets, the sun and moon, constellations, galaxies, nebula and star clusters, Distant Suns offers a gracefully visual respite from a busy day. While others play games, you can travel to the stars.
• Set your location from any place on Earth or off
• Change the date and time to show the sky of the past or future, like a celestial time-machine in your hands
• Learn the stories behind each constellation
• Follow the moon through its phases, and the planets through their monthly dance
• Unique to Distant Suns (max)You are no longer Earth-bound so you may fly out to the planets and watch them in their stately presence
• Observe Saturn from behind, Jupiter from Io, the Earth from the Moon
• Contains over 200 galaxies, nebula and star clusters, many within reach of binoculars
• Touch the sky to view extensive data on each object
• Perfect for the whole family. The only requirement is sense of wonder!
• Unleash your inner astronaut today
SkySafari Pro will completely replace your desktop astronomy software, and forever change the way you view the night sky. With SkySafari Pro, you can now explore the universe - not just from Earth, but from anywhere in the Milky Way galaxy!
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari Pro has the largest database of any astronomy app, period. It weighs in at half a gig, and contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered.
SkySafari Pro includes NASA's latest LRO Moon map, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version.
Make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari Pro to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 1.5 GB free on your internal SD card!)
SkySafari Pro can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your Android device's built-in WiFi or bluetooth, and our SkyFi wireless or Starry Night BlueStar bluetooth serial adapter.
SkySafari Pro accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to 100 years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an Android device with a compass, SkySafari Pro can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass button (or tilt your phone up toward the sky) to activate the compass. Now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari Pro includes 1500 times more stars than Google SkyMap, and 580,000 solar system objects. It includes every known moon, asteroid, and comet in the solar system - not just the Sun, Moon, and planets.
Our apps contain hundreds of built-in images, and thousands of object descriptions, written by professional astronomers. Other apps give you Wikipedia links - which don't do much good when you're out in the field, away from Wi-Fi or data network connections.
Our Plus and Pro versions can control telescopes; other apps cannot. Nor can they reproduce basic astronomical phenomena like eclipses and moon shadow transits. Our apps were developed by passionate astronomers with a penchant for accuracy. We stand by our products!
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Having trouble downloading the data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about SkySafari Pro for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're email@example.com, and we're happy to hear from you.
Send report of correct & incorrect answers to email
Quiz friends by text message.
Post score for global ranking.
Prepare for AP Science Exams. Become a scientist & change the world.
A Cosmic Constellation is a new app that lets you see stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and even satellites. It is easy to use, all you have to do is just stand anywhere and hold your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad up to the sky and Cosmic Constellation will display the names of the stars, planets and other objects you are able to see!
Whether it is day or night or even if your view is obscured by clouds, Cosmic Constellation will know which stars, planets, galaxies, constellations and satellites are hiding from your view!
It is augmented so if you point your device in the direction of the sky it will show the objects live!
So what are you waiting for?
Start stargazing now!
Cosmic Constellation is made available under the GPL and BSD style licensees.A Starry Night is based on the open source code for the app 'SkyMap'.
Ever wondered what objects are up in the sky? Now you can get familiar with Astronomy by identifying stars, planets, and constellations. Also look up deep sky objects from the Messier and NGC catalogs.
If you have a telescope, just strap the phone onto the OTA and you get a PUSHTO guide!
Astronomy, Sky Map, Digital Setting Circles, Star chart, Space
• Time machine : Jump to any date in past or future
• Real time Alt-Azimuth and Equatorial coordinates
• Messier objects
• mini-NGC catalog (subset of ~180 bright objects)
• Solar system objects including all 8 planets and the 4 Galilean moons
• Night Mode
• Search, with a guiding arrow
• Alt-Azimuth, Equatorial grid
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For better accuracy, calibrate the magnetic sensors by waving the phone in a figure-8 motion of your hands.
• For advanced use read: http://lavadip.com/skeye/documentation.html
‣ Upcoming features:
• More deep sky objects, Satellites and Asteroids
• Support for DSC with encoders
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
Start with Discover Astronomy. For decades, the insightful editors of Astronomy magazine have been guiding observers, across the constellations, through the solar system, and into the deep sky so they can get the most from our time under the stars. And now, with this app, Northern Hemisphere observers can take expert guidance with them wherever they go.
Discover Astronomy eases you into stargazing by having you get to know the night sky with just your unaided eyes and binoculars through interactive articles, videos, galleries, and star charts. What are the signpost stars and star patterns of each season? What should you observe first? How can you understand where to look when you hear about a sky event in the news? The answers are all here.
After you feel comfortable with the major constellation guideposts of each season, grab your binoculars and Discover Astronomy to explore the Moon and the brightest star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies. You’ll be amazed by what simple optics can reveal. Soon you’ll be craving the views only a telescope can provide, which this app helps you with as well. Let Astronomy’s editors guide you through the buying process and get you started observing the planets, the Sun, and hundreds of stunning deep-sky objects. In no time, you’ll be exploring the sky like a pro and sharing your knowledge with others.
Payment for this app will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase.
At Kalmbach Publishing, we welcome your feedback. If you experience any problems with this app, please contact us at www.kalmbach.com/apphelp.
Each self-contained installment of Art Jewelry Techniques focuses on a different fundamental skill and gives you everything you need to learn that technique, including tutorials, video demonstrations, and reference materials. Once you’ve learned the process, you’ll be prepared to apply your new skill to two complete projects with step-by-step instructions and photographs, tons of tips, and expert advice.
Plus, a beautiful gallery of work by master jewelry makers shows you what’s possible with your newly acquired skill.
As an added bonus, you’ll get direct links to additional associated content on the Art Jewelry website, including tutorials, videos, and reference charts.
Download today, and get started making your own beautiful jewelry!
Payment of your purchases within this app will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase.
At Kalmbach Publishing, we welcome your feedback. If you experience any problems with this app, please contact us at www.kalmbach.com/apphelp.
Learn to craft ornaments with classic beading stitches combined with your favorite materials – SuperDuos, pearls, seed beads, crystals and more. With video tips, interactive illustrations, and 360-degree ornament views, you’ll be decorating your house and creating treasured handmade gifts in no time.
As an added bonus, you’ll get direct links to additional associated content on the Bead&Button website, including videos and tutorials.
Download today, and get started on your very own beaded ornament!
Payment of your purchases within this app will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase.
At Kalmbach Publishing, we welcome your feedback. If you experience any problems with this app, please contact us at email@example.com.