A detailed tourist guide for people visiting Cyprus and wish to experience its natural beauties in an informed way. This guide supports more than 300 attractions, including archaeological and religious places, as well as museums, beaches and general places of interest. These attractions are the best places to see during your stay, recommended by the Cyprus Tourism Organization and positively rated by other tourists who have visited Cyprus in the past. Every attraction is accompanied by detailed description, photos, contact details, opening hours, entrance fees, navigation instructions from current tourist's location etc. Tourists can view the attractions on a list or on the map of the island.
In detail, this tourist guide offers the following features:
- view nearby attractions from your current location, either on a list or on the map of Cyprus.
- filter attractions according to your preferences, to view only places of interest.
- adjust distance from nearby attractions. It can range from hundreds of meters to tens of kilometers.
- search and learn about hundreds of attractions around Cyprus.
- view the most popular attractions in every city or around the island, as they are rated by other tourists.
- create a tour plan, by adding attractions to a list. You can edit this list even before entering Cyprus, to better organize your vacations.
- mark visited attractions, to keep a list of visited places as a reference.
- rate the attractions you have visited, so that other tourists would be helped to select only the best places.
- view directions to an attraction, either on the map of Cyprus or in the form of text directions.
We hope you will enjoy your stay in Cyprus and we welcome you on this beautiful and lovely island!
This application constitutes a collaboration between the Networks Research Laboratory of the Computer Science Department of the University of Cyprus, Geomatic Technologies, which is one of the biggest cartographic companies in Cyprus and IMH C.S.C, which is the leading business knowledge and information transfer organization in the Eastern Mediterranean region. The application is funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation.