Any person may report to the National Aquaculture and Fisheries Commission or to other authorities any fact, act or omission that produces or may produce ecological imbalance or damage to the marine environment or marine or fishing resources, or contravenes the provisions of the General Law of Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture or other regulations that regulate matters related to the protection of the marine or fishing environment:
· For carrying out extractive activities without proving the proper authorization or right;
· For doing it outside the allowed time frame, such as during a closed season;
· By the size of the species;
· For doing so outside the permitted place or space, that is, having a concession or permit, but exercising the extractive activity outside the authorized polygon;
· For doing it within a refuge area, or a place that prohibits the activity;
· For using prohibited gear or fishing methods;
· Because there is data that makes it seem that the allowed quota or amount has been exceeded;
· When the legal origin of the fisheries is not demonstrated;
· Sell, commercialize, transport or possess fishery products obtained in an illegal way, or without proving their legal origin; or
· Any act or omission that contravenes the regulations on fishing matters, or that could cause damage or deterioration to fishing resources.
This platform is designed to contain all the information, photographs, coordinates and other essential data for the complaint to proceed and be attended to by the authorities. It guarantees that it will be presented, that it will be followed up and that the user / complainant will be informed of the progress of their complaint. It also allows you to remain anonymous.
It is the best way to help fight illegal fishing.