The Face2Face® Facial Palsy app is a tool designed to supplement treatment for facial paralysis caused by Bell’s Palsy, stroke, and acoustic neuroma. However, many of these patients avoid mirrors due to the anxiety of looking at their asymmetric facial features.
The Face2Face® Facial Palsy App mirrors the healthy side of the face over the unhealthy side; which allows for patients to exercise their facial muscles, while seeing their face wholly healthy. Mirror biofeedback therapy has been linked to positive outcomes in the treatment of idiopathic facial palsy.
Mirror book therapy is currently used for facial exercise activities. Kapios Health digitized this process and added instructional videos for at home use.
• Twice reflected split mirror encourages exercising the facial muscles.
• Guided video and audio instructions plus written instructions describing each facial exercise with corresponding image
This app requires a subscription which automatically renews each month for $0.99 USD. First time subscribers will receive the first month free.
This subscription includes:
- Access to 40+ facial exercises with split mirroring functionality
- Ability to record exercises
- Ability to take progress photos
Your account will be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and notify you of the cost of renewal.
Additionally, auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Google PlayStore app, select Subscriptions, find Face2Face® Facial Palsy app, then Cancel Subscription.