Not beginner friendly You might want to do mnemonics when practicing kiragana. Start off with a,i,u,e,o and so on. Great for people who have mastered.
Great I've been using this for a week now and It helped me learn the kana so fast. I suggest you learn hiragana and katakana in free mode first. Then get the full version so you dont get confused about what the accent marks do and it adds double character kana such as kyo(きょ) for example.
Simple and effective. Use this app 15 mins daily and you will quickly memorize the characters. The only problem I had on my Galaxy S4 was suddenly one day it would crash on launch. I fixed this simply by going into app data for Kana Tutorial and clearing the cache+data. It worked fine again after that. If you want to study Diacritics and Digraphs, consider the full version. It only costs just over a dollar.
Amazing for memorization The best app to burn the Kana into your mind and make sure they stay there. Best used in conjunction with apps of an explaining nature to learn things such as pronunciation and the diacritical marks and combinations, which this app doesn't touch upon.
Absolutely wonderful! I've only been using this app for two days and I'm mastering hiragana in ways I never thought possible. This is a wonderful app. Use it for a few minutes a day and you'll learn hiragana and katakana in very little time! Highly recommended!
It forces you to learn through repetition, and it works well.
- Few minor fixes of performance-related issues
- Most importantly: From now on the Free version replaces the discontinued paid version and includes full sets of Kana symbols including diacritics and digraphs
- Landscape orientation support for tablets
- A bit neater UI
- Minor bugfixing
- About screen containing some explanations has been added
- Rare "Double tap crash" issue resolved
- Selected mode is saved between runs now
- Few small visual enhancements
“Learn Japanese” contains over 800 commonly-used Japanese phrases & vocabularies