Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
In order to help you to answer your calls on time, this application uses an exclusive method to accelerate, as much as possible, the process of connecting to your handsfree device.
When you receive a call, the application will activate your bluetooth and quickly will connect to your handsfree if you are near it. Once connected, optionally, a voice will read the name of the contact who is calling you.
In order to start a call, if you want to dial from the application, only open it and select with a single click the contact to dial within the three lists of contacts availables (Frequent, Favorites y All). Or alternatively, click the Voice Dialing button and say the name of the contact to dial. Optionally, the BT can be enabled also when you initiate calls from any other applications.
If instead, you want to dial from the controls of your Handsfree, just put your phone upside down, and turn the screen on momentarily (no need to even unlock). In this way, your Bluetooth will be activated for a few minutes, and you may start your call from the controls of your car.
- Quick connect to handsfree
- Incoming call contact reading, with configurable voice volume
- Bluetooth activation without unlocking your phone (turning on the phone upside down)
- Speed dial (only a single click)
- Frequent contacts list
- Favorite contacts list
- All contacts list
- Voice Dialing, by just saying:
- Contact name
- Part of the contact name
- Contact name and phone number type
- Digits to dial
- Reading of the contact to be called, with configurable voice volume
- Option to respect the previous state of Bluetooth (it will not be deactivated if it was activated)
- Configurable Bluetooth volume
- Option to wait a few minutes before turning the Bluetooth off again
- Battery saving
- Reduction of electromagnetic waves around
- User-friendly application with tabs design
To check whether the application is compatible with your phone and your Handsfree device, before making the purchase, you can try the Demo version of the application: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmpdroids.mybluetoothhandsfree.free
Due to the huge variety of Android devices, and also huge variety of bluetooth handsfree devices on the market, it is tremendously difficult to get applications like these work in all of them the first time.
For this reason, I ask you that if you find any errors, instead of using Google Play comments that do not allow me to contact you, please, use the "Send Message" option built into the application, or alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing your case as much as possible. Thanks!
Keywords / Also searched as: handsfree headset car bluetooth onoff auto automatic profile autoconnect manager enable disable connect disconnect sound notification discover help immediately hands-free remote pair drive driving device scan comfortable internet free app eco widget camera sport plugin wireless save battery time timer night sleep 3g scheduler turn on turn off power toggle bluetooth hands ecologic best beautiful turn on turn off kit state autostart on call hang up voice speak speaking phone call hands free answer pick up 2 whatsapp facebook twitter
Simple application will answer incoming phone calls automatically and put your phone in speaker mode. You can use it if you are driving your car, motorcycle or bike.
- Select the language
- Auto answer delay
- Contact whitelist (Which call do it answer?)
- Seaker on-off
- Bluetooth on-off
- Status bar notifications
- Widget to activate and deactivate
Your cell phone will auto answer your incoming call even if you are using another application or if your phone is locked or blocked with screen unlock pattern.
Very easy to swich on - off the application with the widget on the main screen.
Android 2.2 api 8
Android 2.3.3 api 10
Android 4.1.2 api 16
Android 4.2 api 17
Send your experience to me: email@example.com
Vocal is the easiest way to respond to text messages hands free. Just wait for the texts to come in and Vocal lets you reply with your voice. All you need to do is follow the prompts. It’s easy!
Use Vocal while driving, jogging, or even if you are just hanging out at home.
-Have your phone read your text messages out loud with Text to Speech (TTS)
-Hands free listen to text messages
-Hands free response to text messages
-Convenient widget for starting and stopping voice commands engine
-Easy to use, just start Vocal and voice commands will automatically activate when you receive a text message.
-Notification shows when voice commands are active
-Respond to text messages hands free without even turning on the screen
-Speech Recognition - Voice commands allow you to easily reply to your texts
-NEW Automatically reply to texts with a predefined message
How It Works:
-Turn on Vocal
-When a text message arrives, follow the voice command prompts to listen and respond to the message.
-You can reply to the text by speaking your message when prompted
The free version of Vocal is limited to 3 text responses per day. There is an in-app purchase for sending unlimited messages daily using Vocal, only $0.99!
Vocal has been reviewed on givemeapps! Check it out!
Speak my texts, read my texts, text messaging, read my messages to me, hands free, voice recognition, text to speech, speech, voice commands, messages, SMS, TTS
There is only one thing you need to do - to click the microphone button.
- Your free hands for anything - that's important thing especially for drivers.
- You can make your messages and pay you attention to the road.
- You can observe traffic rules.
- This app can read aloud your outgoing sms if you need check it. You need just listen.
- Your language support (if your сell/communicator has correct regional options)
This app using is nice'n'easy. There is no reason to break your doings.
You don't need to stop - keep walking!
Follow driving rules!
And send your messages.
This app allow you to forget about unconvenient small keyboard and texting.
You may just say a word or sentence and program transform your voice into text giving you list of examples to select from.
he selected (the most correct) text message's already automatically copied to the clipboard.
And you may use it again, in another app. You may past it into another text.
With this app you can:
- Create your sms with your voice.
- Listen created messages(text-to-speech technology).
- Get support and up-graide.
- WI-FI or GPRS connection
TTS engine requires!!!
Before download this app please check it in in your settings. TTS must be on.
"Hands Free SMS" step-by-step.
- Tap the app.
- Tap the microphone' icon in the middle of the screen.
- Clearly say aloud your message.
- Select the best from the pop-up list in the top of the screen.
- Choose the contact from your "phone book" or enter a phone number.
Your suggestions, proposals or questions you can send by e-mail and we gladly answer, respond and solve your questions and problems faster than you write down a negative comment.
We waiting your message to firstname.lastname@example.org - send your comments and help us make our apps better for you.
How do you text a message with one hand? While driving? Carrying a bag?
VMS lets you record a voice message and send it DIRECTLY to a recipient's phone.
1. Press "New message".
2. Press "Record message"; speak into your phone and then press "End recording".
3. Press "Send" - a contact selection screen will appear. Write the first few letters of a recipient's name in the selection area, or find the desired person in the contact list (pulled down after pressing +).
4. Press "Send". Your VMS will be sent directly to the recipient's phone, who can then play the message right on her/his phone.
No need to call any voice mail.
No more typing, no more touch screen mistakes.
VMS is fast, reliable and simple.
* Calendar Dialing: Searches your Google calendar for meeting invites with conference call dial-in numbers and passcodes. You can either start or join these calls with a single tap from within the app or via a notification.
* On Demand Calling: Build a list of custom dial-in numbers and passcodes for one-tap dialing into those impromptu meetings you frequently need to join.
* Car Mode: Maintains a list of the current calls found within the meeting invites of your Google calendar. Start or join these calls with a single tap from the screen or enable handsfree auto-dial and let the app automatically dial you in.
Handsfree Auto-Dial Features:
- Auto-dial occurs up to 1 minute before the event begins
- Leverages text-to-speech to read the meeting invite details before dialing
- Auto-dial can be canceled for an event before it dials
- Auto-dial is enabled when the phone is placed in a car dock (configurable)
- Auto-dial is limited to only accepted events (configurable to include tentative and invited)
- Meeting conflict detection
- Keeps the screen on
- Bypasses the screen lock
Settings available, from the menu, for changing the default Google calendar and customizing the start and join call tone patterns. The default start and join call tone patterns are optimized for use with InterCall and MMI.
On-Demand contact list and settings can be backed-up and restored from the SD card.
A widget is included for starting conference calls with a single tap from the home screen.
*** ICS compatible
This app offers many helpful features:
> Keyboard free, talk to text capabilities.
> ZOOM font allows user to enlarge text font size, with up to 16x magnification.
> Keyboard for normal texting.
> Reads incoming texts aloud.
> Voice and manual search of contacts.
> Meeting/mute mode to receive incoming texts silently.
> Works on all Droid devices.
Benefits for drivers:
- Works on your car's center console.
- Drive safely while staying productive.
- Ability to comply with motor vehicle operator laws, eliminating the cost of tickets.
- Avoid accidents caused by texting while driving.
- Greatly decrease the possibility of injury or death caused by driving distracted.
Benefits of ZOOM feature for those with poor vision:
- Doesn't let vision difficulties prevent you from interacting with others via text messaging.
- Stay in touch with loved ones.
- Easy to read fonts.
- Able to receive announcements and notices by those who communicate by text.
- Don't miss out on important texts because of trouble reading small-sized font letters.
- Works on all Droid devices. (Verizon Moto Droid, Droid 2, Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Nexus One, Moto 2, EVO, Atrix, etc.)
- To access after download, long-press on home-screen, then choose from the “Android Widgets" menu.
- Please email (peterschall@DoDroidsDream.com) any bugs, questions or comments, BEFORE rating this app.
Voice Caller ID integrates with your contacts to read aloud the Caller ID. You can choose whether or not you want the app to announce all calls, or just calls from contacts/favorites. It's a talking caller id!
Great for the road
No fidgeting with your phone
AD-FREE VERSION IN MARKET
ringer say speak name address book talk TTS speech person callerid annonuncify
Use it to have your incoming Google Voice text messages spoken to you when driving, walking with headphones on etc. Keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road!
Uses TTS (text to speech) to read messages. Shows up as Google Voice Txt2Speech on your device.
Reads out your SMS, K9/Kaiten Emails, Threema, WhatsApp*, GTalk, Google Voice, Facebook and KakaoTalk messages.
Top App of The Year - ANDROID MAG [5/12]
"The rescue for frequent drivers - it includes absolutely everything one would need" - CHIP
"SMS, my Car and Me is the perfect solution for reading out messages" - COMPUTER BILD
As seen on AndroidPolice, XDA TV, Daily Mail and AndroidPit
*Root Access is recommended for WhatsApp!
• You don't have to activate it, simply start Google Navigation/Car Home, connect to a Bluetooth device or plugin your headset
• Tasker/Locale support through plugin
• Use any language for the TTS (text-to-speech)!
• Ability to detect 24 different languages
• Bluetooth (Mono and Stereo) Headset support
• Reading out Caller ID (no mono Bluetooth support)
• Voice Commands for easy calling and writing back (online and offline, Bluetooth support!) Does only apply to SMS!
• Calls can automatically be answered
• Calls can automatically be send to the phone's speakers.
• Auto reply with SMS
• Widget to activate/deactivate the app with one touch
And many other features
If you are using an inbuilt car entertainment system, try the Demo first before purchasing the app!
Help us translating the app!
More information about the used permissions:
A recent study published by the Texas Transportation Institute has shown, that reading a text message while driving increases your reaction time to up to 4 seconds and that you are eleven times more likely not to see an obstacle.
This is the reason we created this app: To drive safely, but still being able to receive and write text messages.
This app is completely different from these other apps in the market; it uses extremely few resources, which let your device lasts longer, but yet gives you extremely powerful features.
Once the app is configured, you don't have to do anything anymore: If you want to, the app starts by it self if you put it in a cardock, if you connect to a bluetooth device or simply start Google's Car Home.
But the app goes even one step further to disburden you while driving: It may automatically accept all your calls after a set time or put them to your phone's speakers.
Also does it have an online or offline voice control that allows you to call back or send one of three user defined text messages without looking on your phone!
You think you have seen all these "SMS Readers" already and they're all the same? This one's not!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us! We answer every mail within a very short time!
By the way, the speech output sounds better with high quality TTS engines (like the Ivona one), but works as well with the stock one.
*These 3rd party Car Home Replacements work as well:
- Car Dashboard
- Car Home Ultra
- Custom Car Home
Also these Apps are supported:
- GO SMS
- Facebook Messenger
- Handcent SMS
- GoneMad Player
- NinjaSMS / Ninja SMS
- K-9 / Kaiten Email Client
Jarvis is not supported (please see Compatibility Center entry for more information about Jarvis issues)
*Available on Droid and iOS*
Privatext brings the privacy and comfort of a face to face conversation, right to your smartphone.
*Messages disappear instantly from your phone, your contacts' phones, and Privatext servers whenever you want them to
*With Privatext’s ‘Confirmation Texting’ option and the ability to Clear sent messages before they’re read, you never have to worry about sending a text to the wrong person
*Avoid identity theft by sending credit card information, social security numbers, and other sensitive information via Privatext
*With Privatext, you can choose if you’d like your messages password protected
If you send text messages for business, or simply want to keep your messages private, you need Privatext.
Privatext is the most secure way to send text, images and personal information from your smartphone.
That’s because all Privatext texts and pictures are uniquely encoded, so they can’t be saved, intercepted, or copied. And every Privatext message is automatically deleted off of both the sender and recipient’s phones, as well as Privatext’s servers, with you deciding the message’s lifespan.
Privatext messages can only be sent between you and the other Privatext users on your contact list to ensure your privacy.
Why run the risk of having your messages fall into the wrong hands?
Enjoy the peace of mind provided to you by Privatext.
-widget to read message queues
-widget to read messages as they arrive
-automatic acronyms recognition and replacement
This is Your easy to operate app for Transcribe voice into Text Hands Free & send it by Email or by SMS or by any communication app you have on your device!
Supports over 30 Languages..
Press the "Speak" button, leave your phone close the voice source (your voice or others*) (specificly the phone microphone or headphones microphone).
Don't risk Your life Texting while you're Driving! - use Vocal Texting - Hands Free Messaging!
You can add Punctuation, Edit the text and Send by vocal commands - Hands Free.
- Drop line.
- Full stop.
- Question mark.
Start Make It Easy & Safe.
Open. Speak. Send.
This app provides a convenient and hands free way to compose and send Text message or SMS just by speaking. This app is designed to provide easy texting or SMS in one click.
★ Find your contact and compose your SMS just by talking.
★ Automatic contact selection if you say any unique part of your contact name or number.
★ Edit buttons for quick compose of longer messages.
★ Easily search your contacts by entering partial info.
★ Automatically saves your message when you exit.
★ Reliable SMS or texting through your phone line.
★ Pro version is Ad and watermark free.
gSpeechSMS is powered by Google speech recognition technology (US English).
This app works differently from other voice recognition apps. We highly recommend you read the “How to …” sections before you try it.
How to use “Hands free speech SMS or texting (gSpeechSMS Pro)”:
• Speech recognition is ON and continues when you are in the app. You may Stop/Start recording by clicking on the record button, on the top left corner of the screen.
• Speak a complete sentence with punctuations when you see “Speak now…” message. Note that you must complete voicing out your message during the time the “Speak now” message is visible, after which the device stops listening and proceeds towards deciphering the sentence. You may start with your next sentence as soon as the message reappears. You must give the device some time, while it is recognizing your speech. Start the next sentence once the “Speak now” message box appears again. Simply repeat these steps one after the other and complete your speech.
• Undo (voice recognition command: “undo undo”): If you want to rollback your text (not contact number), simply press undo button.
• Redo (voice recognition command: “redo redo”): If you want to bring back your undone text (not contact number), press redo button.
• Clean (voice recognition command: “clean clean”): Quick erase and start over. If you accidentally erase, just press undo button.
• Save (voice recognition command: “save save”): Saves the message as it is for you to comeback and finish later. Automatically saves draft when you pause/exit.
• Clipboard (voice command: “clip clip”): Hands free copy your message text on clipboard and use it anywhere on your device!
• Send (voice recognition command: “send send”): Send when you are done, after which the SMS is automatically sent.
• Contacts: Find and add contacts separated by “,”.Browse all your contacts by pressing contacts button.
• If your specified contact information matches multiple entries in your contact, touch the message area and select the desired contact.
• Say “stop stop” to stop recording.
These are all the utile hands free shortcuts to ensure an expedient texting experience. The hands free SMS and Texting experience is best using a 3G or higher/WiFi internet connection.
Remember, this app is aimed at providing a hands free (one click) method of texting. Please let us know if you need any improvements. Enjoy!