**We appreciate all those who have downloaded this app. By doing so, you have helped us maintain this one and others and have helped in supporting the Gospel. Thank you.**
** Language translation in App supports more than 60 languages **
** INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED! **
Updated King James Version of the Holy Bible More than 1800 pages in this Bible for Android App. This is not the NIV or ESV Bible translation.
The King James Version of the Bible has brought light and life since its inception in 1611. It has brought hope countless millions around the world.
If you like the way the King James Version of the Bible reads, you will love the way the Updated King James Bible reads. This Bible is great for daily bible reading. It is a great source for Bible quotes as it reads and maintains the poetic flow of the KJV Bible. This is not the NIV Bible.
The Updated King James Bible is not a new translation. It is simply the King James Version of the Bible without the antiquated and archaic words.
This is you version of the Bible in modern English. The sword of the Spirit is the greatest weapon the believer has. The virtue of reading the Bible is essential to Christian growth. Every Bible discovery is worthwhile for building a strong foundation.
Today, new generations of Christians have emerged and the need to update the King James Bible while preserving the rich poetic flow of this most used version is necessary, and is the basis for the Updated KJV Bible. Bible verses come a live.
As you can see, The Bible Scholar for Android is a loaded outstanding Christian Android App. You will find this version of our app packed with tools relevant for the ultimate Bible Scholar, devotional time, and guide as daily bread for life application.
Psalm 52:8 "But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever."
1. Bookmark: This feature ensures that you never lose your place.
2. Notes: You can make and save your notes for future reference.
3. Font size: You can adjust the font size by using the font adjuster.
4. Search feature: Search for Keywords and Book titles.
5. Book Scroll feature: You can easily go to a chapter of any book of the Bible with the easy to use scroll functionality.
You will find this Android version of our app packed with tools relevant for the ultimate Bible Scholar, devotional time, and guide as daily bread for life application. This is you version of the Bible in modern English. The clear reading pane lends itself to a clear and quick Bible reading.
- More than 5,700 authoritative and time-tested study notes offer straightforward communication and clear understanding
- 48 revised in-text maps and charts - modernized and redrawn for stress-free reference
- Enhanced concordance with added Hebrew and Greek word studies gives deeper insight
- Christ and the Gospels, Paul and His Letters, Bible Prophecy indexes.
- Words of Christ in red
- Doctrinal and archaeological footnotes and personality profiles written by trusted, conservative pastors and Bible teachers
- Comprehensive book introductions and outlines
- Complete index to annotations, doctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, and archaeological sites
You can download different translations in english or german and compare them for a bible passage to get different impressions from the bible text.
click on a vers in the reading view to see the original text words, encoded by the numbers of theologian Strong. Click on a description to see how the scripture use this word in all other passages.
There are different commentaries available. The archaic Geneva translation has a detailed commentary inside. German translations 'Elberfelder' and 'Neue Evangelistische Übersetzung' also have commenaries.
- Updated Kind James Version
- Geneva Bibel (Commentary within)
- Jubilee 2000
- Word English Bible - British Edition (Some Verses missing)
- Jantzen New Testament
- Neue Evangelische Übersetzung
- Elberfelder 1905
Best eBook Reader For Android is free, and optimized for Android devices.
Best eBook Reader For Android supports the following ebook and document formats:
DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbr and cbz), plus - starting with version 2.0 - EPUB and RTF.
Best eBook Reader For Android Features:
- Open PDF and save to any folders in the file system
- Create new folder in the application
- Search functionality to search desired text in the PDF file
- Zoom In/Out in the reading mode
- Paging feature to go to any page number using slider if there are many pages available to read
- Easily open email attachment file in the app
- Provide Stand alone PDF Reader app that you can access from any other app in your device
- Rename the file name
- Delete unwanted Ebook files
- Send email with the file attachment
- Free to download
The application doesn't need a connection to the internet
once it is downloaded. For new content respective updates
will be provided. If you find errors, have any
questions or desires please contact the developer or create an issue
Languages that can be displayed:
[af] Bybel in Afrikaans (1983-vertaling)
[de] Hoffnung für Alle
[de] Schlachter 2000
[en] English Standard Version
[es] Reina-Valera 1995
[fr] Segond 21
[hu] Karoli 1990
[it] Nuova Riveduta 1994
[pl] Biblia Tysiąclecia
[sw] Kiswahili Contemporary Version 2006
[tr] Kutsal Kitap 2001
[zh] Chinese Union Version (Simplified Chinese)
[zh] Chinese Union Version (Traditional Chinese)
Issues/Bugs can be reported at:
If you want to participate
in creating new content: http://bible2.net/page/BibleStudio/index.html
• No internet connection required
• Greek To English
• English To Greek
• Search From Web
• Search by Sharing
• Auto Suggestion
• Pronounce & Voice Search
• Antonyms (Opposite words)
• Backup and Restore
• History & Study Plan
• Word Game
• Share Words
• Copy Words
I want to thank the wonderful people -Lynn Moore and lulu Couture (Maria) - who really helped me in the making of this concordance - a huge thanks to them!
It's almost "Strong's Exhaustive Bible Concordance", I made my own search by the Bible ( it supports search by several words)
Here you will find:
Alphabet index of all words from the Bible (total in app 12839) ("the, and, of" are excluded - don't use them in search query)
Bible Concordance - also you can search by several biblical words using space between them
Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries with information from Hebrew and Greek Lexicons. Use numbers in search query to find them. Excluded some Greek words which not used in the Bible - G1400, G1418, G2717, G3203-G3302, G4452 and G5104
Strong's Concordance- the concordance you find below information of the Strong's number
All bible verses in concordance with clickable strongs numbers!
I hope this app will be your perfect companion in the study of the Bible!
Also I hope you will not have to carry a heavy book and spend much time on the search.
You need about 18Mb on your phone and about 47Mb on your SD card.
If you want to see concordance of another bible version or may be another language (without strong's numbers and concordance) - please let me know.
If you are annoyed about ads - try paid version "Bible & Strongs Concordance" which you find in my apps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to improve or have any problems with this app.
Dig into the bible. Either your a reader or a translator, this is the app for you.
Search with unique features, "begins with", "ends with", "these words ", "this order", "exact phrase", or create your own advanced search.
Show the bible in mirror, color verses, and customize the reading according to your own preferences.
Customize colors, fonts and size easily
Map the bible, create your own bible journal
Put images, videos and notes directly into your own bible
Share with your interactive group. Work with your own bible group online
Share what you study on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, Google+, Tumblr, ..
View multiple bibles simultaneously, include modern or ancient variants to appear together with strong data (multi-interlinear)
Hear it play, see it type or scroll for you - sit back and enjoy the text flowing for you.
Access your data on all modern web capable devices
Study Topics, mapped strong-data, access crossreferences or create your own
Talk with others, in forum, global chat, or on other social media. (dialogue according to 1co 14:29)
Are you interested in hebrew, ancient hebrew or greek. Then you'll find scriptures and research surrounding that too.
Ever wonder what manuscripts exists as witnessing to scripture, you have a option to review; and retrieve images and transcriptions of manuscripts.
(This is a mere web browser directed to the site BibleWay.us)
If you get a problem with this, simply goto settings->apps->bibleway->clear data
If you are looking for a simple reader software, do not download this. This is not a normal bible-app that people most use; it is a more delicate with more features aimed for digging deeper into the bible, it have more interactive features for mapping the bible in various ways that is not found in other softwares.
This is not aimed to be suitable to the simple-minded who is looking for something just to read the bible for free with. There is tons of simple and fancy apps out there that you may find more useful if your not interested into learning how to use this.
- Daily readings of the Bible from United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- Podcast of the Daily readings
- The daily reflections are contributed by by Creighton faculty, staff and administrators who reflect upon the daily readings each day.
- Offline access after initial download
- No login required!
You are encouraged to spend at least 10 mins each day to read the daily readings and reflect so as to renew and keep your faith strong.
Paid version (without ads) you can find in my apps - "Vine's Expository Dictionary+"
Also I recommend you "Bible Concordance & Strongs" which you find in my app. You find there Bible Concordance, Strong's Concordance and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries.
It is a cross-reference from key English words in the Authorized King James Bible Version to the original words in the Greek texts of the New Testament. In his preface to the book, Vine wrote,
- "The present volumes are produced especially for the help of those who do not study Greek, though it is hoped that those who are familiar with the original will find them useful."
Vine did not write an equivalent work for Old Testament Hebrew words; however, Vine's work is sometimes combined with another author's Hebrew dictionary and marketed under Vine's name as a "complete" expository dictionary.
It provides a concise meaning of the original Greek word, often providing Bible verse references as examples. If there are several Greek words that may translate to the same English word, Vine's distinguishes the shadings of meaning and connotation that may be lost in the English translation. For example, there are a number of Greek words that may be translated by the English word love.
Vine's also provides the definition of a word (as used in the King James Version) more accurately than an English dictionary, because it expands the Greek use of the word. For example, the word, "godliness" in 1 Tim. 2:2 is defined in the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary as "1: Divine 2: pious, devout -", but in Vines, it is defined as " 'to be devout,' denotes that piety which is characterized by a Godward attitude, does that which is well-pleasing to Him." So we have a fuller meaning of the word by seeing how the word is used in the NT.
Dear users - I made this dictionary with KJV Bible verses (because it's more popular), but if you want use it with ASV version please let me know.
Also I would like to make clickable Strong Numbers (like Bible verses) - when clicked would open the description and other information about the Strong Number. But I do not know how much you need it. I would be happy to improve this app together!
• King James Version (KJV) of Bible
• Old and New Testaments
• Off-line access to the all components of the application
• High performable SQLite database engine lays in the basis of the app
• Widget "Daily Bible Verse"
• Short description for each book of Bible
• Bold font for proper nouns
• Fonts support
• Themes support
• Variety of styles for verses
• Bookmarks and Notes for the Bible Verses and Bible Books
• Possibility to mark book or chapter that you have read
• Copying Bible quotes in the clipboard
• Gestures support
• Simple and user-friendly interface
• Flexibility of the application