No other crossword puzzle app has this many features!
Free daily and weekly crossword puzzles from your favorite sources. Two weeks of archives are available to download past puzzles.
• Ask a Friend for help
• Search Google for help
• Hide/Show errors
• Reveal a letter, word or the whole puzzle
• Daily, world-wide competition with virtual trophies
• View elapsed time
Setting options include:
• See your ranking compared to others for each puzzle completed
• Auto download today's puzzles when starting the app
• Show the number of letters in the answer on a clue line
• Show timer
• Double tap to zoom
• Lock screen orientation
• Select a key board layout
• Enter & space changes direction rather than moving to next clue
• Full screen: Hides the notification bar
• Snap to current word: Toggles the auto-scrolling of the play board to the current play position
• Scroll to clue: Toggles the auto-scrolling to the selected clue in the clue list mode
• Movement style: Select what happens when you type past the end of a word
• Skip filled boxes: Toggles the skipping of filled boxes when you enter a new letter
Top Crossword Puzzles PREMIUM features an additional 200+ puzzles each month for $1.99 per month (less than 1 cent per puzzle!). Premium users have access to all archives (some puzzles available back to 2009).
This app includes the option to accesses additional content and features after purchasing a subscription.
Non-premium users: This app contains paid ads that link to third parties.
Please rate our app in the Google Play store.
We are operated by SplashPad Mobile, a top Android app developer. Your app experience is important to us. If you encounter any problems or issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a direct response.
--- Most played Word Search app on Android market in a new avatar now! ---
Good News for all Word Search fans!!!
Regular Word Search Puzzle app has become more interesting now with an advanced version of the app. This game lets you play lots of interesting words of your own choice. Select from number of different categories. Hollywood, Kids, Dictionary, Music, Places or Personalities. Play now your favorite one!
This is just the beginning of fun. Get the maximum juice for your efforts through mPoints. Yes, we got this exclusively included in this version.
Word Search Puzzle is a treat for all Crossword and Word Search Games lovers!!
Choose from following categories:
Daily Free: A new Word Search puzzle every day!
Hollywood: Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, James Cameron, or Ethan Hunt….. Who’s your favorite? Find them inside the grid.
Kids: Refresh your childhood memories with easy but hard to find words. E.g.: Animals, Birds, Fruits & Veggies and Cartoons.
Around the World: Discover most popular landmarks, cities and countries of the world from the grid.
Dictionary: Enhance your vocab with unlimited no. of dictionary word puzzles.
Music: Playing music is always fun. Find out the names of famous singers and their hit songs & music albums.
Personalities: World famous people who have changed history. Search their names inside the puzzle.
How to Play?
Your goal is to find all the hidden words inside the grid. Hidden words can be in any orientation- up, down, left, right, or diagonally. You can also get word puzzles in either direction, forward or backward, much to spin your head.
We've produced a MAMMOTH puzzle, with more than 7,000 unique clues. The puzzle is hand-crafted with over 350 carefully selected and edited crossword grids and many secrets and challenges to discover. Can you beat all the Quests, and collect all of the Trophies?
To fully master the game you must complete all these challenges:
- Solve over 7,000 clues
- Complete each of the 361 individual puzzles
- Collect all 45 of the prestigious trophies
- Complete all 57 quests
- Unlock all 10 achievements
If you have any questions about the game or want to report a bug or other issue, drop us an email at: email@example.com
FIND US ON TWITTER: @BigPuzzles
LIKE US: http://www.facebook.com/BigPuzzles
VISIT US: http://www.appynation.com/
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/appynation
Hidden words can be found vertically (from top to bottom, or vice versa), horizontally (from left to right or vice versa) and diagonally (from top to bottom or vice versa).
Slide your finger on letters to select a word
"Wow Best way to spend your time. Love this app!"
"praise the Lord This is an awesome app! It helps me see what I know and learn more! Thank you. I am really enjoying this app"
"Great Brainteaser It gives you scripture references for some of the questions, causes you to read the entire chapter to find others and then on others it picks your brain; causing you to do research for your answer... Love it... What a challenge!!!"
"Excellent!!! It helps you learn about the bible and it promotes reading the word of God :)"
Bible Crossword. Enjoy playing Bible based crossword puzzles while you get edified! See how well you know the Bible!
With questions gathered from favourite and inspirational verses, historical accounts, Biblical characters (patriarchs, prophets, kings, judges, widows, prominent historical figures, heroes of faith, mighty men and women of valour, people with moral flaws, etc), the Gospels, the work of the Spirit, Jesus Christ, prophetic books, the reality and remedy for sin, grace and salvation, resurrection of the dead, Christian living, God's love, etc you will surely enjoy and be blessed.
- This app is like a Mustard seed. It's small in size (0.2MB) but comes hundreds of questions in the database
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
- Each puzzle is unique, randomly created every time you choose "New Puzzle"
- Has a custom Keypad that does not get in your way but gives a convenient way to read the puzzle questions even on small screens
- Multiple background colors (themes) to choose from
- Easy navigation through the questions
- The database has a mix of both simple and cryptic questions, questions for those new in the Christian faith and questions for mature in the faith
- Get extra questions by downloading them from our server. Simply press Menu -> Download more questions. There are 600+ on the server
HOW TO PLAY
- Tap/Click in the white boxes when you want to type answers. The currently active cell will be highlighted
- Tap/Click in the empty space to hide the keypad. Click on the Menu to create a New Puzzle, Check Answers, change color themes and more
- To navigate through questions:
* Click on the arrows at the far left or right of the questions or
* Swipe on them with two fingers or
* Swipe on them with one finger
May the __ of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2Thes 3:18; Rev 22:21
“What's A Nine Letter Word For A 'Type Of Word Puzzle Game?'”
Like playing the Will Shortz New York Times Edition Crossword? USA Today Crossword? Washington Post Crossword? or Los Angeles Times Crossword? Play all these crossword puzzles and many others on any Android Mobile Device. Browse daily or weekly crosswords and access crossword puzzle archives for endless hours of crossword puzzle challenges to solve offline anywhere in the world!
FACT: 2013 is the 100th anniversary of the crossword puzzle. On December 21, 1913, Arthur Wynne, a journalist from Liverpool, England, published a "word-cross" puzzle in the New York World that embodied most of the features of the genre as we know it. This puzzle is frequently cited as the first crossword puzzle, and Wynne as the inventor. Later, the name of the puzzle was changed to "crossword"
THIS APP IS AD FREE, CONTAINS NO VIRUSES, NO MALWARE, NO SPYWARE, AND NO ADVERTISMENTS OF ANY KIND!
DAILY NEWSPAPER CROSSWORD PUZZLES APP FEAUTURES
- 7 Daily and 13 Weekly Crossword Puzzle Sources! (See List)
- Reveal Clue Letter, Entire Clue Answer, Or Entire Puzzle!
- Crossword Puzzle View Zoom!
- Landscape Or Portrait Mode!
- Downloads Crosswords To SDCARD For Anywhere Gameplay!
- Archive Crossword Puzzles!
- Show/Hide Errors! (Highlight Errors In Red)
- Crossword Puzzle View or Clue View Mode!
- Simple User Interface! (GUI)
- Help! Features And Usage Guide!
- Many Additional App Options! (See Screenshots)
Current Available Crossword Puzzle Sources:
- Wall Street Journal
- Permier Crosswords
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- LAT Sunday Calendar
- Chronicles Of Higher Education
- Boston Globe
- I Swear
- People Magazine
- The Onion
- Jonesin' Crosswords
- Ink Well
- New York Times (NYTimes Subscription Required)
- Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times
- Universal Crossword
- USA Today
ALPHA Sources (Currently Being Tested And Developed)
- Cru Puzzle Workshop (NY Times Cru Cryptic Fan Puzzles)
- Kegler's Kryptics (Ron “Kegler” Sweet's Cryptic Archive)
NOTE: Additional crossword puzzle sources will be added soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
In 1944, Allied security officers were disturbed by the appearance, in a series of crosswords in The Daily Telegraph, of words that were secret code names for military operations planned as part of Operation Overlord. "Utah" (the code name for one of the landing sites) appeared in a puzzle on May 2, 1944. Subsequent puzzles included the landing site "Omaha" and "Mulberry"; the secret artificial harbours.
On June 2, four days before the invasion, the puzzle included both "Neptune" (the naval operations plan) and "Overlord". The author of the puzzles, a schoolteacher named Leonard Dawe, was interviewed. The investigators concluded that the appearance of the words was not an attempt to pass messages. According to a former crossword editor of The Daily Telegraph, in 1984 a former student of Dawe's claimed that he had picked up the words from soldiers' conversations around the army camps, and included them when helping Dawe to choose words to fill crossword grids. Some cryptologists for Bletchley Park were selected after doing well in a crossword-solving competition.
Initial App start up may take up 10 seconds, delay is caused by crossword puzzles being downloaded at App start up, disable this in the settings and download crossword puzzles manually if desired.
See Help! in App menu for specific App features and usage.
For more Android Apps please see our website: http://www.androidputing.com
This APP is Open Source under the GNU License Version 3.0, license and source code are available at our website: http://www.androidputing.com
Portions of this APP description were written with Wikipedia.org as a source.
As seen on Facebook and throughout the Internet, by popular demand resident constructor Harald Hornung has released his cleverly fun, themed crosswords in the Play Store. On par with Shortyz and NY Times style crosswords, but purposefully clued to be quite easy for the leisure solver, these puzzles stand out far above the rest.
Crossword apps that do not contain simple and boring computer generated crosswords are rare. Solvers have been heralding Harald’s Crossword Rush puzzles on the Internet (see some comments below) and now we have finally finished the app for all of you. Don't forget to check back here for updates and more crossword puzzle packs!
This is a FREE app. Download it now and start solving themed crosswords on or offline. All crosswords are automatically saved upon exit and will be there as you left them each time you re-open the app. Also, free real-world Kiip rewards (such as a free Starbucks coffee) will occasionally be offered to deserving solvers who attain certain achievement levels. There are no ads in this app, only free real-world rewards that are offered to our good solvers that love crosswords.
Here are some reviews of Harald Hornung’s crosswords:
“I have emailed before but I have to tell you again this was the greatest puzzle ever. Please make sure this website keeps them coming. I wouldn't mind if I got one of your puzzles every day. Love your stuff Harald.” – Teena B
“Hi. Thanks for making a truly 'easy' and enjoyable crossword. With so little time to relax, it's nice to find an easy that's fun and doesn't require me to stress out over the answers. Easy, themed puzzles are the perfect way to clear the cobwebs in the morning. thanks!” - Lysa D.
“Great fun and loved the reinventing of the verbs to fit the theme” – wichampisky
“Harald Hornung is the best constructor on this site. Please post more puzzles.” -Susan
“That was a fun puzzle” - storpy
“I’ve done all your puzzles so I hope you send some more” -wichampisky
“Well done!” -aj
“That was fun ! I appreciate easy going puzzles to relax with after an insane work day(s). Hope you do more like that.” - wichampisky
“Good one. Thank you.” -jasadate
“Thank you for making the crossword puzzle. I enjoyed solving it.” -pdqbach
“You’re good. More of them please.” -Tony D
“Thank you for your fine effort constructing this puzzle, I completed it with a 100% score!! keep them coming” -Eddie M.
“Hey HH, Another good one!! Keep em coming & thanks, AJ” -AJ
“Thanks again, HH. I enjoy your puzzles. Looking forward to more of them. Lois” - Lois S.
The format is non American but all the clues and answers are in American English.
Two entry views for the crossword puzzle:
-New crossword daily.
-Traditional (with zoom)
-Clue view (large squares and each clue with its solution)
-Hints for one letter, clue or whole puzzle.
-Check errors for clue or whole puzzle.
-Timer. See your best times.
-Works offline once puzzles are downloaded.
Increase your vocabulary and have fun doing it with this addictive word search game.
★ Different themes and categories for your different moods!
★ Stretch your vocabulary with a "Vocab Challenge" puzzle or two!
★ Infinite, unlimited play with random puzzles!
★ Replay categories to beat your own high-score!
★ Tablet support
Forget the pen and paper - You'll never run out of puzzles with WORD SEARCH PUZZLES!
WARNING: Playing this game may challenge your brain and improve your brain power ☺
Welcome to the best auto-generated word search application for Android:
The Word Search of AppDrac is ideal for hours of entertainment and train our mind. It is suitable for both adults and children, since the game includes topics as "Kids", created especially for them.
1.- Word search has 7 items to choose from:
- Countries of the World
- Cities of the World
- American presidents
- Historical figures
2.- Word search has three levels of difficulty:
3.- Word search has two game modes:
- List of words (words to find the slopes shown)
- Remaining number of words (the number of words to find earrings shown)
4.- Has two methods of self-generation:
- The maximum number possible (the board is filled with the maximum number of words)
- Limited (the board is filled with a number proportional to the size of the words)
5.- Is available in many languages:
THE GAME: WORD SEARCH
The board fits the screen size and ..... and you can play.
Gameplay is very simple; because they are hidden words in a grid of cells filled with letters.
All you have to do is search for a word, and when you find one, mark it with the finger from the first letter to the last. By doing so, if the word is correct it will be marked with a distinctive color and you'll can search the next
The palindrome words, that is, which is also read from right to left and left to right, starting can be labeled either ends.
NOTE: Sometimes are generated at random, unexpected words; especially if they are very short (2 or 3 letters); on these occasions, if the word appears in the dictionary of the topic, when you mark the word, this is added to the list of words and is marked with a distinctive colour.
Complete the game, calculates your score and stores your best times.
Also, if you can not finish the game, do not worry, when you get back can choose to start a new game or continue the game as you left it.
Word Search application is a completely free product that you can download and play without any restrictions.
• New NextPeer Multiplayer Tournament Mode!
• Random puzzles!
• Unlimited new puzzles!
• Thousands of words to search for!
• Colorful display!
• Save game feature!
• GameCircle(c) Leaderboards & Achievements!
• Powered by Unity3D!
Crosswords need little introduction; they have been the staple puzzle of newspapers and magazines the world over, and Puzzler has been providing high quality content for over 40 years.
To get you started there are 12 free Crossword puzzles containing a selection of various grid sizes to test your Crossword skills.
Within the store there are two options:
• Quick Crosswords - 9x9 to 11x11 grid sizes
• Standard Crosswords - 13x13 to 15x15 grid sizes
Each option then allows you to purchase further content via a range of IAP pack sizes, with each pack size giving increased savings. You can purchase any of the IAP options as many times as you like, and a completely fresh set of puzzles will be downloaded to your puzzle matrix screen every time!
Every week we will also deliver to your account a FREE puzzle!
• Free weekly puzzles via Push Notification
• Two level options; Quick Crosswords and Standard Crosswords
• Unlimited ability to re-purchase any IAP option, returning fresh new content with every new IAP purchase
• Quality English language puzzles
• Pick up play across multiple devices using the same account details (excludes anonymous registered players)
• Straight clues suitable for all Crossword fans
• Connect with friends when connected via Facebook
• Share your achievements with friends and family via Facebook or Twitter
• Collect trophies and free hint coins with each purchased pack
• Switch on in-game themes to personalise backgrounds, fonts and motifs (Requires purchase of IAP features option)
• Full in-game hints feature allowing you to spend Hint Coins to help solve those trickier clues
• Use the same login details across all of our new apps
• Easy to contact us from within game
• No advertising
See our growing range of puzzling apps, with something for the whole family, by either searching puzzler in your app store, or visit: http://www.puzzler.com/digital-apps/
Enjoy and don’t forget to talk to us if you have any questions, or need help!
Currently the app offers only crosswords in Slovak and Czech language.
No guaranteed first click... just like life.
It's you against a grid of squares in this classic logic game. Some squares have a mine hidden under them; clicking on one loses the game. Other squares are safe; clicking on one clears the square, revealing a clue: a number indicating how many of its neighbors are mined. Your challenge is to clear all the safe squares, and plant a warning flag on all the mined squares.
Press the menu button, then click on "Help" for instructions.