** I don't live in Portland any more **
## Bugfixes. Speed increases.
For the Trimet transit system in Portland, OR. Finds all nearby stops and places them on a Google map. Gets arrival times for those stops directly from Trimet. Also provides route lists, stop lists. Can save your favorite transit stops and routes to allow for quick access
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Find your way around the hippest city in America with this FREE app from Travel Portland, the city’s visitor and convention bureau. Search via map, categories or keywords to find attractions, restaurants, breweries and retailers. Plan ahead or get on-the-ground tips and save your favorites. Live like a local with the “Be PDX” category, where you’ll find food carts, brewpubs, locally made goods and more.
We’ve got Portland covered:
• Detailed listings for where to eat, drink, play, shop and stay
• Valuable offers from local businesses
• Current weather and events calendar
• Virtual location feature lets you plan before you arrive
• Save favorites with the tap of a finger
• See what’s happening when you’re in town
Explore on the go:
• Find what’s nearby with GPS-enabled, interactive maps
• Apply category filters to see just what you want
• Use keyword search to find specific places
Only in Portland:
• Be PDX – A whole category dedicated to the stuff that makes Portland special
• Shop — artisan goods, local designers, open-air markets
• Eat and drink — coffee shops, acclaimed restaurants, distilleries, food carts
• Play – bike tours, brew-and-view movie theaters, bookstores
Now with improved Twitter support, Location relative to carts plus directions, and better map support overall.
The Food Carts Portland mobile app is your guide to all things food cart, food truck, mobile vendors, and anything street food related in Portland, Oregon. The app connects you to hundreds of food cart options by location, hours, food type, or name. Find your favorite, or search for a new one. Craving for a gourmet burger, a traditional taco or even Thai food? The app can tell you which carts have what kinds of food – including sample menus - when they are open and where exactly they are located. This is simply the best mobile guide to Portland street food. Download the app now and follow your craving.
***CORE FEATURES INCLUDE
- Search for a vendor by location, cuisine type, and hours
- Listing of all the food carts grouped into food court “pods” throughout Portland
- Profiles of each mobile vendor including photos, menus and contact information
***Why the Food Carts Portland App?
FoodCartsPortland.com has been tracking and profiling the food carts and trucks in Portland, OR since 2007 and is the definitive resource for street food in the city. Food Carts Portland has been profiled on CNN, MSNBC and in The New York Times, LA Times, Men’s Health and various other local, national and international publications. We strive to keep Portland’s cartivores up to date and continuously update mobile vendor information to reflect new carts, roaming trucks, vendor moves and closures. This app contains the most current information regarding the carts throughout the city. No other website or app has the extensive database or up to date information Food Carts Portland does. Download the app and dig in.
The app will be updated periodically to reflect new additions and changes to the dynamic food cart scene.
- Locate the nearest food cart to your present position. (GPS Required)
- Rate your favorite food carts. Upload Photos.
- Read peoples reviews and ratings .
- Search for your favorite type of food or cart name.
- Check out latest photos of food carts and menus.
- Find food cart specials.
- Suggest new food carts to add to database.
- Menus for some food carts available.
- View Facebook, Twitter and contact info for a cart if available.
- Available for Android and IPhone,
* Internet connection required for this app.
I created this app because I'm a local who rides TriMet almost every day and I needed an app that let me get arrival info with as few taps as possible, and no other TriMet app was up to my standards. I hope you will find it as useful as I have.
There is also an ad-supported version available called TriMet Tracker Free.
* Keep a list of your favorite stops
* Sort your stops by most visited and most recently visited
* View the real-time arrival estimates for each Bus/MAX stop. Stops automatically refresh whenever you open the app and every 30 seconds.
* Get detour information.
* Go straight to the TriMet mobile site with schedule and other information.
* Find stops near you using GPS.
* Find a stop from a list of bus routes.
* A Dark/Night theme
Feedback and feature requests are always appreciated. Please contact me at email@example.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
TriMet transit allows riders to take advantage of the the API for tracking TriMet buses in the Portland area.
TriMet transit also includes the ability to download route schedules.
TriMet transit allows you to define alerts for TriMet routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of TriMet buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any TriMet route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for TriMet stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a TriMet vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by TriMet.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by TriMet, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using TriMet's buses and trains.
- TriMet transit displays the latest updates from @TriMet.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of TriMet vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for TriMet alerts.
- Add track and route widgets and shortcuts to your home screen to go straight to the map or schedule you want.
This is not an official TriMet app; I am not affiliated with TriMet in any way.
Features includes :
✓9 main categories and 60+ default sub categories .
✓Items can be added,edited and deleted easily.
✓Using checklist the items can be selected easily.
✓After completing a trip you can clear the data’s of the previous trip in a single touch.
For any questions and suggestions contact us on
- Uses GPS to find nearby transit stops anywhere in PDX
- Displays a map of the stop location
- Displays a list of upcoming arrivals
- Allows you to save stops and look them up anytime
Free! And no advertising!
Portland Essentials has the reviews, maps and reader comments to help you:
• Enjoy world-class cuisine, wineries and the best brewpubs;
• Hike into dense forest;
• Gather up the family for a full day of fun;
• Stroll through incomparable gardens; and
• Pedal along the city's maze of bike paths.
From its festivals, brewpubs, parks, mass transit, to its outdoor adventures, Portland has no peer.
★ About the Author ★
Deston Nokes is an experienced travel and business writer who never stops being enthralled by how delicious Portland life can be. He writes for a variety of magazines and online publications. Deston can be reached at www.destonnokes.com
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Used by more riders than any other transit app in Chicago.
-Train Tracker! We bring you official Train Tracker information, right to your mobile device!
-Save (export) and load (import) backups. Great for when you need to reinstall.
-Add and organize multiple 'L' and Bus routes in My Routes
-Closest Routes lookup based on your location
-Map predicted buses on your route with a single click
-Smooth flashing indicators to alert you of changes
-Group and reorder your list of routes
-Alarms to tell you when to walk out the door
-Filter by name when creating route
-Report crashes to us to improve your experiences down the road
Why Pro vs. Lite?
-Full-featured Closest Routes lookup
-Set tracking alarms
-Map/watch buses on your route
p.s. we are now also available on the iPhone/iPad/iOS App Store!
The Ultimate Travel Guide
What is the ultimate travel guide? It is the travel guide that you write from your own experiences. See your photos and read your notes from the great places you have visited. Build your own map and album. Export your creations via email. Send your notes, photos and maps to your friends. Explore, create and share!
At any time you can add a note or photo to your album. If you have allowed location, then your current location will be added to that note and photo.
If the location is known, then the default behavior is to add your note or photo to your map (My Map). You can remove any note or photo from the map by pressing the minus button in the lower left corner. You can add any note or photo to the map by pressing the plus button in the lower left corner.
Use the News Feed feature to keep up with AddTo news, including the latest releases of AddTo applications.
AddTo, Portland, Oregon, pacific, rose, statue, coffee, beer, map, diary, travel, city
Note to Amtrak Acela riders: install all Amtrak Northeast Corridor. Acela trains have numbers 2100-2299.
If you are not sure about purchasing this application, or whether if has schedules you are looking for, please install 'RailBandit - Free Trial', which is a free time-limited equivalent of this application specifically made so that you could evaluate it worry-free with no rush.
-Offline transit directions. Enter points A and B and the program gives you the best directions, including connections between lines and agencies. It works in tunnels, subways - anywhere.
-Information includes delays, service advisories and track information where available.
-No hassle schedule updates. No need to reinstall the application when schedules change. Download new schedules directly to your phone at any point.
-Find stations by name, by alphabetic listing, by line, by proximity to your current location or simply pick recently used stops.
-Your recent trips are saved and accessible with a single click.
-Automatic schedules updates. Select "automatic updates" box and application will check for new schedules automatically once a day, and notify you about available updates.
-Track yourself on-board of the train with GPS to see if it is on time or delayed.
Amtrak (selected lines), LIRR, NJ Transit, MTA Metro North, SEPTA, PATCO, Chicago Metra, Chicago Subway, CTA, MBTA (Boston), PATH, BART, LA Metro, SFRTA (Florida), PATCO, Caltrain, Metrolink, WMATA, Baltimore light rail, Baltimore Metro Subway, DART, Trinity Railway Express (TRE), DCTA A-Train, SLE (Shore Line East), Virginia Railway Express (VRE), MARC, Florida Tri-Rail, MARTA (Atlanta), Miami MetroRail, Sound Transit, NCTD (Coaster, Sprinter), LA Metro, Portland TriMet, GoTransit Rail (Ontario), Toronto TTC, and more… http://www.railbandit.com/schedules.htm
Keywords: Acela, realtime, itransit, itrans, MTA
If you're looking for the fastest way from point A to B, forget it. Our Get Outta Town series is all about finding the most scenic routes and the cool stops along the way. Our local scouts share their best-kept secrets with you.
They did an amazing job, plus they tell of the premier Northwest attractions of Mount Saint Helens, Cannon Beach, Multnomah Falls, Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. You'll also be let in on the best secrets for roadside attractions and roadhouses.
Whether you’re hitting the road solo, traveling with friends or have the kids in tow, we've handpicked the best scenic road trip for your adventure.
Get Outta Town Features:
• Routes that average 100-300 miles and showcase must-see points-of-interest
• Route Overview Map that lets you easily see where each route begins
• Your Location Pointer in relation to the route/map (with location services enabled)
• Turn-by-Turn directions
• Navigation capability to Starting Point and Nearest Point on the route
• Navigation capability to “Take Me There” for points-of-interest
• Download data capability in case of Internet connection failure
• Photo image and view gallery
• Facebook interface to share a picture, your location and to comment
Note: Separate log-in required.
This app requires the user to Sign Up and create an account to access the library and obtain updates.
It's time to take your city slicker to the countryside.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE: Adult, Honored Citizen or Youth
2. CHOOSE FARE: 2-Hour Ticket, 1-Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 14-Day Pass or 30-Day Pass
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later. (A $5 minimum purchase is required.)
4. CHECK OUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
"Love the convenience of being able to buy tickets at home (or anywhere, really) and use them right on the spot at any bus stop or MAX station."
"Very convenient for purchasing and using fares."
"Simple and easy to use. And multifunctional to suit about any situation related to purchasing tickets. A virtual ticketing kiosk in my pocket!"
"I have wanted to use my phone as my pass for a while. Don't have to worry about not having a fare or exact change."
"Way easier than going somewhere to buy tickets."
"The app is reliable, quick and so easy to manage."
Do I need to be connected?
An internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don't uninstall the TriMet Tickets app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without an internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
• Activate your ticket before boarding. If you're at a MAX station where fares are required, make sure you activate your ticket (by tapping the "Use" button) before entering the station area. Otherwise, activate your ticket when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• Watch your battery level... Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• We suggest you create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones.)
Android versions 2.3.5 and above. Sorry, the TriMet Tickets app is not available for tablets.
• Note: We can only support unmodified, stock operating systems. Jailbroken and rooted phones are not supported.
• A wi-fi or cell connection is necessary to purchase tickets, but not to use them.
STAY IN TOUCH:
Learn more about TriMet mobile ticketing and sign up for email updates at http://trimet.org/mobiletickets. We'd also love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improving this app: Email us at email@example.com.
**** THANK YOU to all of our beta testers who helped make this app possible! ****