** I don't live in Portland any more **
## Bugfixes. Speed increases.
For the Trimet transit system in Portland, OR. Finds all nearby stops and places them on a Google map. Gets arrival times for those stops directly from Trimet. Also provides route lists, stop lists. Can save your favorite transit stops and routes to allow for quick access
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Find your way around the hippest city in America with this FREE app from Travel Portland, the city’s visitor and convention bureau. Search via map, categories or keywords to find attractions, restaurants, breweries and retailers. Plan ahead or get on-the-ground tips and save your favorites. Live like a local with the “Be PDX” category, where you’ll find food carts, brewpubs, locally made goods and more.
We’ve got Portland covered:
• Detailed listings for where to eat, drink, play, shop and stay
• Valuable offers from local businesses
• Current weather and events calendar
• Virtual location feature lets you plan before you arrive
• Save favorites with the tap of a finger
• See what’s happening when you’re in town
Explore on the go:
• Find what’s nearby with GPS-enabled, interactive maps
• Apply category filters to see just what you want
• Use keyword search to find specific places
Only in Portland:
• Be PDX – A whole category dedicated to the stuff that makes Portland special
• Shop — artisan goods, local designers, open-air markets
• Eat and drink — coffee shops, acclaimed restaurants, distilleries, food carts
• Play – bike tours, brew-and-view movie theaters, bookstores
I created this app because I'm a local who rides TriMet almost every day and I needed an app that let me get arrival info with as few taps as possible, and no other TriMet app was up to my standards. I hope you will find it as useful as I have.
There is also an ad-supported version available called TriMet Tracker Free.
* Keep a list of your favorite stops
* Sort your stops by most visited and most recently visited
* View the real-time arrival estimates for each Bus/MAX stop. Stops automatically refresh whenever you open the app and every 30 seconds.
* Get detour information.
* Go straight to the TriMet mobile site with schedule and other information.
* Find stops near you using GPS.
* Find a stop from a list of bus routes.
* A Dark/Night theme
Feedback and feature requests are always appreciated. Please contact me at email@example.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
No paper fares to keep track of
No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine.
Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card.
Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. SELECT YOUR FARE: A book of 5-Streetcar Tickets; Monthly Pass; Annual Streetcar Pass. (A $5 minimum purchase is required.)
2. CHOOSE A QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use now or at a later time, a monthly pass, or a yearly pass. Yearly passes are also valid on the Portland Ariel Tram.
3. CHECKOUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
The redesigned PDX Streetcar application incorporates Android design principles and guidelines and will include native functionality that Android users have come to love and expect in the best Android apps.
Updates to the PDX Streetcar app include improved user interface features such as icons, layout, and navigation to improve clarity and simplicity of the app.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
"It's designed so well, so easy to use and understand...that I've actually not had much feedback to give! You all did a great job with this!"
" First purchase and ticket use worked like a charm. I started inputting my visa info as the streetcar came around the corner and I had my 5 tix purchased and one selected for use before the next stop. Nicely done. I especially like the font size (larger than expected) - helpful for 40-something eyes!”
How do I use the app?
After downloading the free app, register a debit or credit card into our secure system. Select the fare type, select the quantity of tickets desired (A $5 minimum purchase is required) and then presses “checkout”. Tickets will appear in the “My Tickets” tab within the app. The rider can then board the Portland Streetcar.
When requested to show proof of valid fare by Portland Streetcar personnel or Transit Police officers the rider simply shows the unique digital ticket displayed on the phone. No additional scanning equipment required.
If I purchase a Portland Streetcar ticket, can I also ride TriMet’s Max or Bus service?
No. Portland Streetcar tickets are valid for Portland Streetcar only. However, all TriMet tickets and passes are honored on Portland Streetcar.
Do I need to be connected?
An Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
STAY IN TOUCH:
We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improving this app: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU to all of our beta testers who helped make this app possible!
TriMet transit allows riders to take advantage of the the API for tracking TriMet buses in the Portland area.
TriMet transit also includes the ability to download route schedules.
TriMet transit allows you to define alerts for TriMet routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all buses on those routes or put in an individual bus number (printed on the side of TriMet buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any TriMet route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for TriMet stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a TriMet vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by TriMet.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by TriMet, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using TriMet's buses and trains.
- TriMet transit displays the latest updates from @TriMet.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of TriMet vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for TriMet alerts.
- Add track and route widgets and shortcuts to your home screen to go straight to the map or schedule you want.
This is not an official TriMet app; I am not affiliated with TriMet in any way.
Portland, OR, Oregon, Rose City, My Rose City, Portland App, Portland Tourist, Tour Portland, Portland Food, Portland Attractions
- Locate the nearest food cart to your present position. (GPS Required)
- Rate your favorite food carts. Upload Photos.
- Read peoples reviews and ratings .
- Search for your favorite type of food or cart name.
- Check out latest photos of food carts and menus.
- Find food cart specials.
- Suggest new food carts to add to database.
- Menus for some food carts available.
- View Facebook, Twitter and contact info for a cart if available.
- Available for Android and IPhone,
* Internet connection required for this app.
Features includes :
✓9 main categories and 60+ default sub categories .
✓Items can be added,edited and deleted easily.
✓Using checklist the items can be selected easily.
✓After completing a trip you can clear the data’s of the previous trip in a single touch.
For any questions and suggestions contact us on
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Religious Buildings (9 sights)
* Museums Tour (9 sights)
* Family Entertainment (6 sights)
* Famous Breweries (7 sights)
* Galleries Walk, Part 1 (6 sights)
* Galleries Walk, Part 2 (6 sights)
* Nightlife Entertainment (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
2 types of maps are attached in application:
1st map: Offline map. You can download it in Wi-fi service area and use without Internet.
2nd Map: Online map. Allows you to search for addresses, save points on the map. Map access is free of charge.
Application functions are available:
1. Add any objects to your favorites.
2. Add your own map points (for example, your hotel or your car parking space).
3. Object search by address.
4. Get directions.
Point Map has the following features:
- detailed map of Chisinau and Balti cities;
- an opportunity of searching by streets, houses, establishments.
- demonstration of nearby routes of transportation to a desired destination;
- objects on the map with contact information: restaurants, shops, companies and etc.
- public transportation routes of Chisinau: buses, mini-buses, trolleybuses;
- location of video cameras and radars of auto traffic;
- opportunity to set location and identify the district.
The application downloads viewed map areas from server and saves in device memory
Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
— Tailored Itineraries
Simply tell Citybot what type of activities interest you and in a matter of seconds receive a personalized schedule with an interactive map. From a local favorite cafe in Southeast Portland, followed by a trip to the Portland Museum of Art ending with a few drinks in Sunnyside, really getting the most out of your visit.
— Smart Planning
Never worry about trying to determine the best way to get from place to place or if your next stop is open. Citybot City Guides will suggest how to get to your destination and when you should arrive.
— Peer Recommendations
Citybot chatted with both locals and visitors, and only shares activities that get the best ratings and recommendations. We have collected data from dozens of sites so you can know the best places in Northeast Portland, the Pearl District, Downtown, and beyond.
The Bot wants you to get the most out of your visit :)
Have questions or comments? Send them to email@example.com and we will write back within 24 hours.