- call your buddies using different voice effects !
- prank your friends.
- create cool/funny/unusual phone greetings.
- If you don’t have a SIP account (SIP is an international standard for making VOIP [voice over IP] calls) you need to first obtain one. You can get free sip accounts at www.linphone.org or do a web search of ‘free sip account’ . With these free SIP accounts, you can typically only call other SIP accounts. If you want to go this route, I suggest you get a free account a www.linphone.org and get your buddies to also create accounts there as well. By the way, I encountered some major issues with using iptel.org as a sip provider, so I would not recommend using them.
- If you want to call landline or mobile phone numbers, you probably need to create a SIP account with a sip provider that has a .com address. As of the last time I checked, www.cheapvoip.com provided an option to purchase minutes that don’t expire. Alternatively, you can create a SIP account via http://www.mobilevoip.com or http://www.callcentric.com as well as many others.
- the free version of this app provides 3 free voice effects: chipmunk, deep, and robot.
- the premium voice effects list (a total of 23 voice effects) includes: saw-man, alien(s), cyborg(s), robot(s), freaky, and others.
- the sampler voice effects list includes: alien, deep metallic, freaky, helium,cyborg2, and robot 2.
- if you purchase the sampler, you will later have the option to upgrade to the premium voice effects, if you choose to do so.
For a description of the app permissions and how they are used: http://goo.gl/EynK8G