The free I’m Stuck app, made by Building America’s Future, allows delayed commuters around the country to directly and immediately email their U.S. Representative or Senator to share their frustration.
Every day, millions of Americans waste precious time, money and energy resources stuck in traffic, waiting for a bus running behind schedule, delayed on an airport tarmac or crammed into an overcrowded subway. The I’m Stuck app empowers citizens to tell their Member of Congress that it is time to reinvest in America.
The policies we put in place, or the lack of a coherent long-term infrastructure plan, directly impacts the daily experience of Americans trying to get around their communities. This app gives commuters and passengers an avenue to voice their frustrations to Congress. This innovative, real time communications tool is a new method of grassroots advocacy. Members of Congress will hear daily from their constituents about how a lack of a transportation and infrastructure funding is keeping America stuck in gridlock. Whether your local highway doesn’t have enough lanes to handle all the traffic or your local airport doesn't have the capacity to deal with all of the flights, this is the app to ensure your voice will be heard. With the I’m Stuck app, you can immediately contact your U.S. Representative or Senator from your car, in the airport, on public transit, or anywhere else.
Download the free app today!
Tips and Tricks
1. Your safety is important to us, so please do NOT use the app while driving.
2. The more people that use the app and the more often those users submit, the more effective we'll be. Encourage your friends to download the app and be sure to use it any time you're stuck.
3. Building America’s Future’s pre-loaded messages make submission possible in just seconds! (But, feel free to edit the message to make it your own).
4. The app allows you to upload images to send with your message. Don’t be afraid to show your Congressperson the conditions you're experiencing.
5. Be sure to let us know on Twitter (@BAFuture) and Facebook (facebook.com/BAFuture) when you’re reporting a problem.
6. All information collected by the app is for the use of BAF only. BAF will not sell or publicly disclose any information to any party.