This simple and user-friendly app is for refugees and the people who want to help them. It was designed and developed to provide the most important help required by those in need. The app works in the field without the need for a data bundle because the onboard database contains all available help. All you need to do is update the app regularly via Wi-Fi.
The app shows on a map what services helpers worldwide can provide to refugees and where. Services like shelter, water, food, shower/sanitation, medical aid and transportation. All free of charge thanks to an abiding desire to help our fellow human beings. A button is available for refugees to send a distress call to all helpers within a range of 50 km.
The data collected will only be used to ease the journey of those in need. We will keep refugees and helpers safe, wherever they are. No data is shared with any government, police force or border authority. We monitor for abuse of this policy and stop it.
- refugee and helper registration
- helpers can indicate the type of help they can provide
- helpers can pause the help they offer
- nearby help is shown with colored pins on Google Maps
- filters are available on the map to search for specific help nearby
- a distress button is available for refugees that alerts helpers within a 50 km range
- the app works offline (a regular refresh is required)
Note that continuous use of GPS drains your phone's battery.