• Swipe from edges.
• Double tap on the status bar.
• Long press on the physical keys (for Android 4.3+).
• Mouse or stylus (S Pen) is also supported.
• Home, Back, Recent Apps, Screen Off, Immersive Mode, etc.
• Screenshot and Hide Soft Keys (Root required).
• Launch an application or a shortcut.
*** For Android 5.0 users without Root ***
On Android 5.0, it is possible to enable Immersive Mode with keyboard support. A tutorial can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ow83t7f
USE WIDGET TO START IT TO AVOID DELAY ON START!
Just define your own gestures for your most used apps and start them without having to search through the standard app launcher.
I wanted to add a widget with a GestureOverlay, but this is not possible, because app widgets do not support this control.
But there is a fast starter widget which starts the application a lot faster than a standard shortcut, because it preloads the application list.
Project Page: http://wordpress.the-engine.at/gesture-launcher/
WARNING: BEFORE UNINSTALL YOU MUST RELEASE THE LOCK ADMIN! (run ScreenWakeUp and select on RELEASE LOCK ADMIN)
You can lock the screen with ScreenLock application (it's not a widget), a long press on search key, covering the proximity sensor on the top of the phone for a few seconds (settable) or simply you can put the phone in your pocket (I've noticed it can fail if the tissue of pocket is opaque black, I think due of how the proximity sensor works).
The screen automatically wakes up (or unlocks if enabled) when you take the phone out from the pocket or you move a hand over it.
The program is event driven (don't uses CPU cycles to check sensors), but the phone needs to stay in PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK mode to permit the wake up. The CPU doesn't go into sleep mode, so after a few minutes (settable) the lock will be released to prevent battery drain. You can read more about PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK here: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html
Don't be afraid about consumption of proximity sensor, it's really low (0.045mA on my atrix).
- WAKE_LOCK for turn on the screen
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD for unlock the phone automatically
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for check if a headset is connected
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED for restart automatically at boot
- VIBRATE for vibrate on screen lock
No internet connection needed, no ads, no privacy risk.
- Sometime the auto unlock option don't works
- Sometime the proximity sensor stops to work when the phone is connected to PC (you must restart the phone)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Tested only on Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization / donations write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
PS: Sorry for my bad English
Thanks to Daniel Añez Scott for spanish translation.
Thanks to Stefan (sk750) for the motion sensors management.
There are a variety of configurable ways you can have your phone to wake or sleep with gestures. If you find using the power/sleep key too much of a hassle, this application might be just for you.
To uninstall this application, you need to deactivate it from:
1. Settings > Security > Device Administrators
2. Play Store > Wake On Gesture > Deactivate
With Hovering Controls you can use your phone just like Samsung Galaxy S4 does with Air Gesture and much more!
HOW TO UNINSTALL IF YOU ENABLED ADMIN:
App menu-->uninstall - admin-->Disable
now you can uninstall
THIS IS A LIMITED FREE VERSION (NOT ALL FEATURES ARE INCLUDED) NOW YOU CAN TEST THE APP AND BUY IF YOU LIKE!!
Hovering Controls uses the proximity sensor of your device to register simple motions performed in front of your device. Predetermined apps can be launched by either hovering over the sensor, swiping once, or swiping twice. Silencing an alarm or ringtone is as simple as a hand wave. You can also control your media playback this way, allowing you to change to the next or previous song or video without ever turning on the phone screen and physically touching it.
Do you like Quick Glance from Galaxy S4? Now you can have it too!!
And that is not all, you can lock/unlock your phone, answer calls, slide betwen photos in your gallery and scroll up/down in your browser!! (browser scroll and gallery slides need a rooted device)
Two modes are available, both offering a different take on opening apps:
Target mode: open a pre-determined app with a set gesture
Carousel mode: open up apps from a set list of apps
The app uses proximity sensor, use test sensor in menu to test your sensor sensibility and finde how you have to wave for it to detect. If you decide to hide notification icon, the service may stop working if android needs memery resources (it will stop detecting events ) for a while until it is restarted by its own.
Music Controls How-To:
1.- Start Hovering Controls with Music Control Activated in settings.
2.- Open your music/video player and start playing a song/video
3.- You can now use other apps while listening music, Hovering Controls will remember wich app was playing your song/video, if you want to change the player, just open it and start playing a song/video!
- Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
- Silence alarm.
- Silence incoming call. ONLY PAID VERSION
- Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward behaviour)
- Fast go to home screen
- QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!! ONLY PAID VERSION
- Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
- Shake phone during a call to activate/deactivate speakerphone.
- Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (its like Hover Hold)
- Lock/Unlock screen with hand slides!
- Flip Cover Mode. ONLY PAID VERSION
And if you have your phone Rooted...:
- Tilt to slide right left (Beta) ONLY PAID VERSION
- AutoShoot camera to take photo.
- Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous) ONLY PAID VERSION
- Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up. Not all browser are supported)
Remote Link turns your Android device into a wireless touchpad, a keyboard, and a controller of PowerPoint and Windows Media Player of your PC.
【Touchpad with multi-touch gestures】
Touchpad mode turns your Android device into a remote touchpad of PC which supports proper touch pad functions as well as ASUS Smart Gesture.
【Effortlessly control your slides】
In PPT mode, swipe gesture control allows you to give a slick presentation.
【Sit back and enjoy music】
In Media mode, control your Windows Media Player of your PC among your finger tips.
When you connect your smartphone to your PC via Bluetooth using Remote Link, and then connect ASUS ZenWatch to your smartphone, you can now control your presentation using simple gestures on your ASUS ZenWatch.
ASUS ZenWatch: A Fancy Smartwatch That Measures Your Relaxation Levels
ASUS' stylish ZenWatch is all about security, remote control and wellness
With the ASUS Remote Link app, you can:
Use voice commands to launch Remote Link on ZenWatch
Swipe up or swipe down on ZenWatch to move forwards and backwards through your presentation slides.
- ASUS Remote Link requires a Bluetooth connection between your PC and smartphone, as well as between your smartphone and ZenWatch.
- Before using Remote Link, you must install Remote Link on your PC. Go to http://remotelink.asus.com to download PC Link and install it on your computer.
NEW: Auto-hibernation now works in non-root mode, (need to be enabled in experimental features setting, Android 4.1+ required). If you have secure key-guard enabled, try "Hibernate and Lock Screen" shortcut or "Pull up" gesture on Home soft-key.
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in an unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground, similar to iOS apps!
Please report bugs in the XDA forum (http://goo.gl/ZuLDnE) or G+ community (http://goo.gl/MoszF).
Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate things.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don't rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
Compared to other popular tools aimed for the similar purpose, Greenify offers the following advantages:
◆ Unlike the "Freeze" feature in "TitaniumBackup Pro" that totally disable the app, you can still use your app as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defrozen it.
◆ Unlike "Autostarts", you can benefit from almost all of its advantages, without needing to deal with the complexity and risk of obscure app components, and never lose functionality when app is actively running.
◆ Unlike any "XXX Task Killer", your device will never fall into the cat-mouse-game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing, which unnecessarily consumes more battery juice.
Note: Greenify does need a background running service for auto-hibernation to work. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight, with an average RAM footprint less than 5M, and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
In case you cannot install from Play Store: http://oasisfeng.com/Greenify.apk
=== PERMISSIONS ===
INTERNET: Needed by "Raise Your Voice" program to send back only small amount of anonymous statistics data, without privacy information. You can opt-out at any time.
DRAW OVER OTHER APP: To show guide layer over the app setting UI of system in non-root mode.
READ SENSITIVE LOG: To analysis the wake up cause of greenified apps.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
DISABLE YOUR SCREEN LOCK & BIND ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE: For automatic hibernation to work on non-root devices.
=== FAQ ===
* Why not support Android 2.x?
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/1F5pY
=== Beta Channel ===
See G+ community board: http://goo.gl/MoszF
=== Translation ===
All translations are open for contribution: http://goo.gl/zCCDce
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify, please consider the "donation package" http://goo.gl/fpz5l for extra experimental features:
* Greenify system apps (now without Xposed)
* Allow GCM push for hibernated apps
* Detect "who" woke the hibernated apps and optionally cut off the wake-up path.
* Wake-up timer coalescing
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
Use your android mobiles touch screen to communicate with your robot or arduino using gestures
Draw a gesture on the screen and the name will be sent to your bluetooth module on the arduino or the robot
Facility to add your own gestures and name them as you like Can pair with any generic Bluetooth module that supports Bluetooth SPP profile
Compatible with Arduino Bluetooth