- Quick Search
- Advanced Search
- Bookmark (Can be shared between mobile & PC)
- Search History
(Direct search in Wikipedia for words in bibliographic data)
• Federated Databases
- CiNii (default is "off")
- J-STAGE (default is "off")
*To be added. It's growing rapidly!
• Transfer Data Format
Scholarley is an unofficial Android client for Mendeley; which is a free and convenient application for managing your library of academic papers (see: http://www.mendeley.com/). Scholarley has been designed for both Android phones and tablets.
Note: Scholarley cannot synchronise your annotations with Mendeley. This is due to limitations in the Mendeley Open API.
Scholarley's current features (★ indicates in-app upgrade is required):
- Authentication with Mendeley using OAuth.
- Streamlined synchronisation for even large libraries with thousands of documents.
- Viewing of document details in a refined format.
- Opening documents and attachments of any format provided that your Android device supports them. An external PDF viewer is required for viewing PDFs.
- A convenient user interface which supports filtering documents by:
- author (with smart deduplication)
- And support for sorting documents by title, author, citation key, date of addition to library, and date of last modification.
- Full offline synchronisation of your Mendeley library (including, at your option, PDFs and attachments).
- Complete interface for making local changes to document metadata, with undo capability.
★ Full two-way synchronisation of document metadata.
★ Document creation and attachment upload to Mendeley. [Experimental]
Upcoming Features for 0.9.9.x
- Enhanced sort and search functionality.
- Local changes to folders (adding, deleting, and moving documents into and out of them).
- Allow manual selection of where the PDF library is stored.
- Refinement of the user interface. [Ongoing]
Long-term Potential Features
★ Track local changes to PDFs, such as annotations, and upload changes. This is NOT yet possible due to Mendeley's Open API.
Mendeley will be releasing an update to their API in the coming months; which I would like to include before version 1.0.0 . The current plan in the mean time is to stabilise current features and the user interface. Scholarley should continue to improve in reliability with each build. If you notice regressions; please let me know.
Please keep in mind that as a PhD student, my studies consume most of my time; and what little remains is distributed among my family and extra-curricular activities. Sometimes even small features and improvements might take a while to implement and polish.
Scholarley was originally intended for my private use only. Since then, at the requests of many people, various features have been added. In order to sponsor future development, it is necessary that I find monetary remuneration. During the early development of these features, the in-app upgrade will be available for a reduced price of AUD$4. Once version 1.0.0 is released, the price will be increased to $5. Viewing of your library, and local modifications to it, will always remain free.
Note concerning Scholarley's limitations:
Scholarley is limited by the API offered by Mendeley, and by the lack of an inbuilt PDF viewer (which tend to be quite expensive). Correspondence with Mendeley suggests that it will be quite some time before a usable update to their API is released.
If you find a bug in Scholarley, please let me know. However, keep in mind that I am a full time PhD student, and Scholarley is written in my spare time; originally just for myself. Overly critical reviews and impatience are not at all motivating.
If Scholarley does not satisfy your needs, please do consider alternative Mendeley clients for Android such as Droideley and Referey.
* Clear presentation of BibTeX entries in a list
* Open associated local files (including file path conversion)
* Open weblinks created from BibTeX information
* Holo interface
* Minimal permissions
Library is now free and open source! You can get the source code via git:
git clone https://github.com/cgogolin/library.git
I manage my library of scientific papers on my PC. I use Mendeley, but any other software that exports to BibTeX, such as referencer would also do the job. I keep the BibTeX file containing all the bibliographic information and the file paths of the associated files (mostly pdf and djvu) in a version control repository (I use subversion, but git should work equally well). This can be checked out to my Android Tablet using for example OASVN or your favorite version control client. Library allows me to conveniently browse my scientific papers and open them in a pdf viewer. Changes made to the files, like annotations for example can then be commited to the repository again.
E voilà, you have a fully synchronized and automatically backed up library of all your scientific papers right at your finger tips!
Team messaging and task management with real-time integration for the apps you work in. Plugs into Google Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, Trello and many more.
• See the big picture: Access all updates, files, contacts, tasks and more from your team's apps in one place. Hojoki works with Google Docs & Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox, Evernote, Box, Trello, Basecamp, Podio, Salesforce Chatter, Yammer, CloudApp, Delicious, Pocket, Pinboard, Pivotal Tracker, Lighthouse, GitHub, Bitbucket, Zendesk, Highrise, Mendeley, Twitter and RSS feeds.
• Centralize team discussions: Start discussions and comment on any object from all your connected apps. This is your team's private social network on top of all your apps.
• Organize your tasks around work items: Turn every object from your apps into an actionable item. Assign tasks to you or others and track changes directly in the newsfeed.
• Get notified in real-time: Always keep you and everyone in your team informed on new tasks, comments, or any activity in your connected apps. Real-time updates work with mobile push notifications and email.
• Structure your work and apps: Choose what content to connect to workspaces in Hojoki and invite the people involved. Hojoki helps you to focus on the stuff related to your project. Connect your project's calendar, its file folder as well as its notebook to a Hojoki workspace and access them without all the other clutter.
• Work from anywhere: Hojoki comes as an app for all major browsers as well as a mobile app. With Hojoki your whole office is in your pocket. It's your personal assistant informing you in real-time about team updates and giving you the tools to instantly respond.
★ Top 10 Cloud Apps (ReadWriteWeb) ★
★ “definitely useful” (The Next Web) ★
★ “the design is great” (TechCrunch) ★
★ “saves time” (Lifehacker) ★
• Read your contacts: You can use your contacts to easily invite people to a workspace. The app does not retrieve any contact information without your request.
• Full network access & view network connections: Hojoki requires a network connection to sync app content and account data.
• Google Play billing service: To enable premium features, you can upgrade via Google Play.
• Run at startup: The push service needs to be started with the device to always notify you about new activities.
• Control vibration: You can set push notifications to vibrate.
Visit us at http://hojoki.com for more information and our web app.
Please help us with rating the app and report bugs to email@example.com.