Mendeley will be releasing an official app in the coming month (or shortly thereafter). At around the same time, Mendeley will be disabling the older API that Scholarley uses to access your document library; which will cause Scholarley to no longer function. I am willing to open source Scholarley if there is sufficient interest in revamping it for the new API, but will not personally have time to do much more than manage the pull requests. Mendeley has been very kind to their Android users by grandfathering Scholarley's use of the old API. This announcement should have been available in your app, but I lost the commits associated with versions 0.9.9.18 and 0.9.9.19; and so was unable to provide an update without considerable work. As such, although the end is nigh, I cannot unlock Scholarley for free for all users; and so I have reduced the in-app lock to its lowest possible sum. I expect Scholarley will be defunct, unless the open source effort emerges, within a month.
Scholarley's current features (★ indicates in-app upgrade is required):
- Authentication with Mendeley using OAuth.
- Streamlined synchronisation for even large libraries with thousands of documents.
- Viewing of document details in a refined format.
- Opening documents and attachments of any format provided that your Android device supports them. An external PDF viewer is required for viewing PDFs.
- A convenient user interface which supports filtering documents by:
- author (with smart deduplication)
- And support for sorting documents by title, author, citation key, date of addition to library, and date of last modification.
- Full offline synchronisation of your Mendeley library (including, at your option, PDFs and attachments).
- Complete interface for making local changes to document metadata, with undo capability.
★ Full two-way synchronisation of document metadata.
★ Document creation and attachment upload to Mendeley. [Experimental]
Due to Mendeley's plans for an official app, and the upcoming deprecation of the API used by Scholarley, development on Scholarley has ceased. Please enjoy using Scholarley until the official client is released.
Scholarley was originally intended for my private use only. Since then, at the requests of many people, various features have been added. Although no longer under active development, activation of these features will remain billed at a reduced price of AUD$3. Once Mendeley releases their official client, and it satisfactorily supersedes Scholarley, Scholarley will be removed from the app store.
If Scholarley does not satisfy your needs, please do consider alternative Mendeley clients for Android such as Droideley and Referey.
This APP are using the new Mendeley API .
- Authentication using the OAuth 2.0 protocol
- Get user documents
- Get user folders
- Get profile information
- Share your documents by email or sms
- View documents marked with favorite
- Readers counter by paper
- Download articles
- Get group folders and articles
- Search function by title or author
- Get Notes and Tags
- Add settings options
- Delete documents
- Mark as favorite
Any problem or suggestion please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quick Search
- Advanced Search
- Bookmark (Can be shared between mobile & PC)
- Search History
(Direct search in Wikipedia for words in bibliographic data)
• Federated Databases
- CiNii (default is "off")
- J-STAGE (default is "off")
*To be added. It's growing rapidly!
• Transfer Data Format
ReadCube Enhanced PDF features include:
• Tappable inline citations, reference lists and author names so you can quickly find cited articles and related information
• Supplements are automatically attached where available
• Full screen PDF viewing plus multi-touch zoom/navigation for an optimal reading experience
• Multi-color highlighting and note-taking tools
Easily find new papers:
• Search in PubMed or ReadCube databases directly within the app
• Quickly download new articles with a single tap when you’re on campus or with your institutional proxy
• Or import PDFs from another app on your mobile device, such as a web browser or email
ReadCube personalized Recommendations:
• Our most popular feature!
• Discover relevant new papers based on your library – you’ll never miss another important paper again
Get the gist quickly:
• View mobile-optimized abstract pages for all library and searched articles
• Jot down your thoughts with sync-able notes
• Create custom lists and sort articles into one or multiple lists
• Quickly search, filter and sort your entire library
• Swipe on references in your library for more options
Optional ReadCube Pro features:
• Sync everything – papers, notes, highlights – between the ReadCube Desktop app and your mobile devices
• Unlimited cloud storage space for your PDFs
Simplify your research life – get ReadCube for free on your mobile devices (Android and iOS) and computers (Mac and Windows).
NEW TO READCUBE? - You can create a free account directly in the app. In order to import and sync over your existing PDFs, just download the ReadCube Desktop app from www.readcube.com. You can upload your PDFs from your computer, or use one of our easy importer tools (for EndNote, Mendeley, Papers, Zotero libraries).
We love feedback from our users - please email email@example.com with any ideas, comments or issues. Thanks for using ReadCube!
• Browse titles by subject to easily find journals of interest
• Easily view table of contents of current past journals
• Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
• Share with other researchers by posting to Facebook and Twitter
Create references for books, journals, e-books, newspapers, videos and more with this easy-to-use app!
Different formatting for print, database and internet sources.
Scan book bar codes to make referencing even easier!
You can email or save your references into organised project folders.
Includes a guide to referencing.
Watch for future updates. These will include many more source and style options!