Multiple rows and columns are easy when you create a new chart. You can add a description as well as notes about the project.
The in-app purchase for only $3.99 allows you to create multiple charts, make an image of your chart to send to a friend, print, and even upload via dropbox or other file sharing programs! You can even convert your chart to a written pattern! You can make edits to the written pattern, a import them back into Knitting Chart Maker or a friend could load them into Knitting Chart Maker on their tablet or phone! This even works to send a chart to a friend with an iPad or iPhone!
Latest update includes a fix for occasional problems (crashes) when starting the app.
* Multiple counters for counting multiple items
* Landscape view showing multiple counters
* Use volume button to count
* Use fling gesture to switch between counters
* E-mail counter data
* Remembers last counted value
Fixes crash in setup screen.
Fixes the crash when deleting a counter.
Fixes scroll issue in share screen.
* Unlimited number of counters.
* Add new counters using the menu.
* Delete counters using "Delete Counter" button in the setup screen. IMPORTANT: Delete operations cannot be undone.
* Fixes the ad view re-sizing issue.
* Ability to set the count manually.
* GUI enhancements.
- Multiple counters in portrait mode shown as a list.
- Left and right handed operation (Applies to the list view).
- Installs in the SD card.
- Various bug fixes.
- Use fling gesture to switch between counters. Fling from right to left to switch to next counter. Fling from left to right to switch to previous counter.
- Option to disable gesture in Preferences.
- GUI tweaks.
- Added option to change initial and increment values for each counter. With this the counters can be user for counting down.
- Added option in preferences to remove ads from the app.
- Added PayPal donation support.
Counter designed for knitters to keep track of knitting work in mutliply projects. For each project, two counters are available: a row counter and repeat row counter to keep number of repeats in more complicated patterns. When repeat row number is set to 0 or remains empty, the repeats are not being increased.
If you have a 4 row repeat pattern, set "repeat row number" to 4 and check the box "link counters". The counter starts with number 0, since at the beginning you haven't made any row yet. After 1 row, click plus, counter will increase to 1, which means you have finished one row of your pattern. While making row number 4 the counters shows 3, after you finish 4th row and click plus, the counter will restart Row number to 0 and increase Repeat number to 1. That means you have finished your first repeat of the pattern and haven't done any rows of the next repeat yet. When you finish your 4 row repeat pattern and want to set a 6 row repeat pattern, simply change the field "repeat row number" to 6. When you don't want to use any complicated pattern anymore and just count the rows, uncheck the "link counter" box.
If you have any questions or ideas to make it more comfortable for you, simply email me.
Can be used also as standard counter to keep track of whatever needs to be tracked :)
-create new project
-set name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-update name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-delete each project from main counter screen (with confirmation)
-delete multiple projects from project list (with confirmation)
Designed for knitters & crocheters KPD catalogues PDF patterns enabling you to find patterns that match your knitting requirements and more.
One of the main unique functions is the ability to add patterns to a database to which KPD automatically pre-fills fields such as: Gender, Garment Type, Yarn Type, Yarn Weight/Length, Needles, Gauge, Rating, Notes etc. which you can edit if required.
Once you have updated a few patterns you will be able to use the Filter option to list patterns for those matching fields.
For example, if you want to knit a JUMPER for a BABY and you only have 150 grams of 4ply YARN and size 11 NEEDLES then filter to only show the patterns that match these requirements.
Database pattern records can be viewed by text or in a gallery style. Selecting a pattern opens a dialog where you can perform actions like View, Match, Edit pattern etc.
Pattern text can be viewed alongside multiple row counters and markers to highlight your progress. Pattern text can also be edited to suit your needs.
"My Yarns" enables you to catalogue your own wool stash and optionally will list yarns that are suitable for a chosen pattern or list patterns that can be completed using a particular yarn.
KPD comes with a built in bespoke web browser that enables you to download patterns directly into the app. For patterns not in PDF format you can use the built in page2pdf function to convert any web page into a PDF pattern.
Also comes with many handy knitting calculators and much more:
• ounces to grams
• needles to wool size
• sleeve reduction
• row increase/decrease calculator
• 2 sock pattern generators
• yarn substitutions, including feet, yards, meters, ounces and grams
• abbreviations reference
• multiple row / repeat counters with or without pattern text display
• button spacing calculator
• needle sizes reference
• pattern gallery view
• star ratings
• built in pattern browser for easier downloading of patterns
• built in web page to PDF conversion for patterns not available as a PDF download
• add pattern images from pattern, camera or file
• add and edit all categories, i.e. add a new garment type "hats"
• my needles, catalogue your own needles
• my yarns , catalogue your yarn stash
• PDF pattern image & text extraction
• size guides - tops, hats, socks, gloves etc
• backup & restore functions to move data between devices
KPD has lots of in app and on-line help:
and a dedicated on-line user forum:
Plus unrivalled app support (see our reviews), all emails answered within 24 hours!
NOTE: This is an Ad Supported version. If you don't like adverts for a small price you can download the ad free version with no Ads & more features!
Knitting Buddy isn't your standard knitting row counter -- it is a true knitting and crochet project tracker. Here are more details about the features of Knitting Buddy:
MULTIPLE PROJECT SUPPORT: No limit to the number of knitting or crochet projects that you can track. Each project has individualized settings.
ROW COUNTER: Track the current row of your knitting or crochet project. The row numbers are displayed nice and big on the main page. Increase (or decrease) the row number by pushing on an actual "button" on a knit background.
REPEAT COUNTER: Track the current repeat row, and optionally link the repeat counter to the row counter. You can specify the number of repeat rows on the project settings page.
DISPLAY PATTERN: Take a screen shot of your knitting pattern and display it on the main project page. This feature is super handy as it eliminates the need to switch between applications or to carry a paper copy of your pattern.
NEEDLE TRACKER / LOG: Track all of your knitting needles. The log displays US, metric, and UK sizes, and allows you to track needle length, material, type, and whether or not the needle is in use.
PROJECT TIMER: Ever wonder how long it actually takes to complete a knitting or crochet project? Use the project timer to track the time it takes to complete each project. Each project has an individual timer that must be manually started/stopped.
RULER: Tired of carrying a separate ruler for to check your tension? Use the ruler feature to make sure that your tension is just right.
NOTES PAGE: Track all of the project's notes, such as yarn, yarn weight, needles, gauge, and other notes. Please email the developer if you have additional items that you would like to track!
GLOBAL and PROJECT SETTINGS: Completely customize your Knitting Buddy experience. The screen can be tailored to according to your preferences, such as showing or hiding features such as repeat rows, knitting pattern, project timer, and project progress.
TRACK PROGRESS: Set the total number of rows for your knitting project, and Knitting Buddy will track your percent complete.
ADD IMAGES / PHOTOGRAPHS: Take pictures of your project at various phases to remember what the project looked like at various stages. Add notes about each image and view the images directly from the app. You can also add screenshots of your patterns that can be viewed from the project page.
FLASHLIGHT: Turn your devices camera into a flashlight to help find difficult stitches.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION: Remove all of the ads from the application and allows you to change the style of your project theme.
CHANGE PROJECT THEME: Change between the standard buttons and more colorful flowers, hearts, and shamrocks.
KNITTING NEEDLE AND CROCHET HOOK SIZE CHARTS: Convert needle sizes between metric, U.S. sizes, and U.K. sizes and crochet hooks between metric, numeric, and letter.
ABBREVIATIONS: Look up abbreviations commonly used in knitting and crochet patterns.
YARN CHARTS: Helpful data to convert different sizes of yarn.
SOCK CHARTS: Common foot sixes for men, women, and children!
Knitting Buddy is now on Ravelry - become one of Knitting Buddy's Buddies at: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-buddys-buddies
English to Dutch Translator: Lara van der Zee
* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
• 10 different knitting stitch patterns
• All stitch info in the app is available offline - not just links to external sites!
• no ads, no popups
If you enjoy this app, download the full version, with over 70 different stitch patterns, in your kindle app store at
Brought to you by Tara Cousins, fellow lover of all things yarn, published pattern designer, and ebook author.
Circular Knitting Tutorials
How to Join Yarn Circular Knitting
What Is Circular Knitting
Circular Needles vs Double Pointed
How to Pick the Right Size Needles
Circular Knitting Basics
How to Cast On for Circular Knitting
How to Work with Double Pointed Needles
Circular Needle Using Traditional Method
Long Circular Needle Magic Loop Method
How to Work with 2 Circular Needles
How to Do a Garter Stitch in the Round
Stockinette Stitch in the Round
Reverse Stockinette Stitch in the Round
How to Do a 1x1 Ribbing in the Round
How to Do a 2x2 Ribbing in the Round
How to Bind Off in the Round
How to Read Knitting Charts in Round
How to Add a Color Circular Knitting
How to Create False Seams
How to Avoid Jogs Circular Knitting
How to Avoid Jogs When Changing Colors
Distribute Stitches on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round on Circular Needle
How to Join the Round on 2 Pointed Needles
How to Join the Round Using Magic Loop
Join the Round Using 2 Circular Needles
How to Knit in the Round Left Handed
How to Decrease on Circular Needles
How to Increase on Circular Needles
Keeping Track of Beginning of the Round
How to Count Rows
How to Fix a Twist
How to Fix Stitches That Are Too Tight
How to Knit a Circular Gauge Swatch
How to Prevent a Twisted Cast On
How to Fix Mistakes
How to Prevent Ladders
Prevent Fix Inside Out Circular Knitting
How to Do Large Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Do Small Diameter Circular Knitting
How to Knit Jogless Stripes in the Round
Easy Beginner Patterns
No more guesstimates and finding your finish garment does not fit.
Knitting Gauge Calculator enables you to knit a garment using different Yarn or Needles to that listed in the printed pattern yet still maintain the original garment size.
Gauge can be entered in centimetres or inches using you preferred swatch side.
Revised knitting instructions are created that can be shared / printed or saved to a PDF document.
Save money by not buying the Yarn specified, instead use up your own wool stash!
Works for both Knitting and Crochet patterns.
Counting made simpler, elegant, fast and just more fun. Just a counter . . . that works. It simply does what it says, no more no less.
Pixel perfect design on your new nexus, galaxy and HTC one series phones.
Reviews & Quotes
"minimalist yet intuitive layout ... good app that does what it promises rightly" ~ Emmanuel Lund appszoom.com
"Simple and exactly what I needed." ~ Jason Wills-Starin * * * * *
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." ~ Albert Einstein
"I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do know how to count." ~ Mickey Gilley
"Numbers rule the Universe." ~ Pythagoras
"When things aren’t +adding up in your life, start -subtracting" ~ Anonymous
What we have been keeping track of:
• Sheep on a sleepless night.
• Golf strokes to get to the green.
• Counting inmates (yes we did binge-watch 13 episodes of Orange is the New Black)
• Keep track of your knitting with a tally.
• Bottles of water per day.
• 1,000 marbles and 472 beans : )
• Great as a game counter.
• Doorman tap to track guests at your club or event.
• Weight Watchers points plus tracking.
• Counter for your poker chips.
• Census . . . . ok maybe not but someday ;)
• Easily track your baby's kicks.
• Collectibles, days since, keep score, push-ups, track progress, kids learn to count ...
* Do you love numbers? have a lust for counting? Let us know what you like to track in the comments below or contact us at email@example.com
Why you will love Counter:
• Counter / tally app that is ad / spam free. No annoying rate me prompt or spam notifications.
• Multiple counters to keep track of everything life throws at you.
• Ability to quickly reset your count back to zero - including shake to reset!
• Modern and clean portrait & landscape interface that follows the android design language.
• Automatically save the last count (remembers count even after a device reboot).
• Go eyes-free by using the volume control to increment / decrement the counter.
• Long key press on volume control for some speed counting.
• Rumble feedback vibration (e.g counting in a pocket and getting the tactile feedback via vibration).
• Settings that allow you to modify app features and behaviors.
• Counter has found its voice! Have your current count spoken to you at a touch of a button with audio confirmation of counts.
• Accessibility features.
• Application can optionally be installed on your devices external storage.
• Designed for phones and tablets.
• Simple and focused app, as counting should be simple.
* More features and updates coming soon!
VIBRATE - required for rumble feedback vibration on customizable count interval.
Keep up-to-date on CodeTrickle:
Visit our website http://www.codetrickle.com and follow us via @CodeTrickle on Twitter.
We have put in a lot of effort to create Counter and hope to earn a permanent spot in the Tools / Utilities folder on your phone. If you notice a bug while enjoying the app or have a feature request contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get working on it as soon as possible!
Counter: Elegant Counting App! was designed for android 4.1 Jelly Bean to 4.4 KitKat and beyond!
This is my beta release, there are quite a few features on the roadmap. Feel free to send me any feedback or requests you don't want to leave here:
via the ravelry group - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dirty-needles
vie email - email@example.com
or message me on ravelry - nebulaespiral.
Keep calm and cast on!
Although the new release is much better to use and maintain some people like the old version and so I have released it here as a separate application. There won't be any further development of this version and I recommend switching to the new one if you can. If you have already upgraded to the new version then you won't be able to import your data; please re-enter it manually.
One small change in this release is that alerts now only display once. Otherwise, it is as it was before the upgrade to version 2.0.