JAYS Headset Control brings a wide range of new features to your JAYS Android remote earphones. Change track, adjust volume, target specific media players, launch apps and much more. JAYS Headset Control comes with three modes; Off, Easy Mode and Advanced Mode, all simply controlled by the unique navigation wheel, optimized for JAYS products; a-JAYS Five for Android and a-JAYS One+.
- Just install and you're good to go!
- Customize the remote buttons, click delays, settings, target specific media players and more.
- Next Track/Previous Track
- Volume Up/Down
- Launch App
- Answer/End Call
- Decline/Mute Call
- Audio Feedback
- Volume Settings
- Functionality Settings
- Set the Multiple Click Delay time value.
- Set the Click & Hold time value.
- Available in English, French, Korean and Chinese (traditional).
- Email support available in English.
- Click-and-hold* actions will not work in Android 4.1+ as Android now intercepts them.
- Optimized against JAYS a-JAYS Five for Android and a-JAYS One+ remote earphones.
- Works with most Android devices on the market.
- Not compatible with three-button Apple headsets like a-JAYS Four iPhone.
- Functionality may vary between different cellphones.
- Some cell phones intercepts upper/lower buttons with the OS default button actions making them not customizable.
* Volume control on 1-button headsets.
- If JAYS Headset Control seems to not be responding, press menu and select 'Check for conflicts'.
- Some stock music players will not work properly with JAYS Headset Control, but most third party players will.
- Apps used to control headset clicks will conflict with ICS's lockscreen music widget due to Android's architecture.
- Spotify often needs you to go to Advanced settings and chose Spotify under Target media player.
Check out JAYS website for further information and support at http://www.jays.se.
The Philips Headset app runs in the background with almost no CPU loading and preset with pre-defined button controls already. Users can also customize the button with the following selections:
To select a suitable sound profile it’s effortlessly simple. Under ‘Headset’ sound will auto adjust to fit with your selected Philips headset model. If one prefers to customize their sound profile, choose the manual option under ‘Sound’ to tune and personalize your sound preference for an individual sound experience.
Why MySound doesn’t work properly with my phones?
- The app doesn't work with the default player of some Samsung phones. We suggest you try to use music player like Mixzing, PowerAMP, Winamp, DoubleTwist, Songbird etc.
- If the app still doesn’t work with your phone even you used the suggested music player, it is probably due to the music player setting. Please go to setting and activate the in-control option.
- If the app still doesn’t work with your phone even you used the suggested music player, it is probably due to the music player setting. Please set up the song playlist and use it with my MySound.
Phones that don't work with the app:
- The app doesn't work with HTC Beats as it has its own Beats sound system and overrides external equalizer control.
- The app doesn't work with phones from Sony Ericsson and older Samsung phones with Android platform and it is due to different 3,5mm pin configuration they are using. This requires extra connector to be compatible with. Please go to our customer support for help if needed.
If the Android headset app is topped by the system’s setting menu or a powerful app killer, you will only need to re launch the app again. Just plugging the headset will not initiate the app as it is the first time.
1) In Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the long press command are reserved by the Google Now (personal assistant). It causes the Headset app could not react to the long press assigned operation.
2) Nexus 7 has disabled the headset control pin in its 3.5 mm audio connector which causes the Headset app fail to function.
Full Feature List at http://soundabout.userboard.net/t561-feature-list
(Some outputs are enabled for the PRO VERSION only)
Route the media audio to (Built-In speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Bluetooth(mono)(dynamic), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)).
Route the phone call audio to (Built in Earpiece, External speaker, Bluetooth (mono), Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Dock (Analog), Dock (Digital)
Phone call audio to Bluetoth A2DP(media) NOT allowed in Android.
Announce Callers Names (Caller ID) when they call (needs contact list)
Turn Notifications and Ringtones on and off depending on the audio output being used.
Send Text-To-Speech audio to various outputs with/without delays:
Wired Headset detection - ALLOW or IGNORE the headphone/headset plug in/out detection.
Wired Headset microphone - DETECT or IGNORE that a headset has a microphone when plugged in.
Send audio to Bluetooth headsets and your car's Bluetooth connection.
- sound indication when routing is switched on
- restores sound volume after switching off the routing
- indication when routing is on in status bar
- restores bluetooth routing after phone call
This is version with advertising - if this application works well for you and you would like to support the development new versions of this application consider downloading Mono Bluetooth Router Pro. Thank you!
Supports Android 2.2 and higher.
Make sure your bluetooth headset is switched on before start the application.
On android 4.0 please make sure you switch on routing before sound started to play.
- Sound quality is not perfect. Unfortunately I still not found a way to deliver high quality of sound, though I am constantly looking for way to make it better. Still hope that low quality is better then no Bluetooth sound at all.
- Not all models supported;
- On some issues of Samsung Galaxy S2 - the native music player is not working - please use third party MP3 music player;
- On some issues of Samsung Galaxy S3 - the sound from microphone also routing through the headset so you hear all noises around that makes program useless;
- Sometimes the program is being killed by Android so music goes trough loudspeakers on full volume;
I still looking for ways to fix these issue, sorry for inconvenience, hoping to find workarounds for these issues.
I welcome any feedbacks from you. Both positive or negative feedbacks are helping me make this application better! Thank you so much!
changing control types and colors.
Three kinds of control types
- Volume dial : Feeling of analog device
Buttons : Precise control
Seek bars(sliders) : Quick and easy
※ If you want to know the total volume in dial
control mode, turn your device into horizontal
- Media, Ring, Notifications, In-call, alarm, system
Mute and unmute
Vibratemode setting(ring and notification)
- Normal, Vibrate, Silent
- Red, Blue, Green
(More colors will support in Pro version)
- Change ringtone
- Use incoming call volume for notifications
- 'Lock volume' prevent unwanted changing volume and
(The volume will be fixed in locked state, but this
application can control the volume in lock state)
Volume preset(Profile) features and additional colors are available in Volume Control+ Pro version
※ Screen is optimized for smartphones.
In tablet pc, screen may not be correct.
Configurable click combinations
* Single/double/triple/quadruple click
* Single/double/triple click and hold
* These options work for the play/pause, next and previous button.
* Play/pause, next, previous or stop track
* Volume up, down or reset and rise
* Launch app (e.g. Voice Actions)
* Fast forward or rewind (long press or toggle)
* Tasker task (search 'Tasker' in the Google Play Store)
* Say time (requires Text-to-Speech)
* Target a specific media player to control.
* Separate volume levels will remember the media volume when (un)plugging your headset and restore it when (un)plugging your headset later.
* Ear protection allows you to limit the volume level.
* Volume reset and rise will start where you set it to start and rises based on the long-press delay.
* Option to speak the name or number of the person calling. (Requires Text-to-Speech.)
* Single click on the play/pause button answers/ends calls.
* Double click on the play/pause button declines incoming calls and (un)mutes the mic during calls.
* Triple click repeats the caller name or number. (Requires Text-to-Speech.)
* The buttons of the 5 above options are customisable.
* Monitor headset activity with timestamps.
* A widget to quickly switch the targeted media player.
* Export your settings to your SD card to switch between profiles or to back-up your settings. This function can be found by pressing menu.
* Execute actions when plugging your headset in or out.
* Turn on 'Headset (with mic) only' or 'Ignore system clicks' to selectively execute button actions.
* The play/pause button's long press functionality does not currently work with Jelly Bean due to Google forcing Voice Search to be launched.
* Works with almost all devices/wired headsets.
* Volume buttons on iPod/iPhone headsets will NOT work. This is due to hardware issues.
* Bluetooth headsets might not work.
* Fast forward and rewind require the media player to support it.
* TTS functionality requires Text-to-Speech to be installed on your phone.
* If Headset Droid seems to not be responding, press menu and select 'Check for conflicts'.
* If no conflicts are found, use the Headset monitor to see how Headset Droid is receiving and handling button interaction.
* For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
* Apps used to control headset clicks will conflict with ICS's lockscreen music widget due to Android's architecture.
* Please use the trial version to check if Headset Droid works without issues with your phone/headset/player. Uninstall the trial before installing the full version.
If you have any other suggestions, questions or issues, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to respond asap. Please don't use reviews for complaints as I will be unable to respond to your issue.
Volume Control (Android 4.0.3 or later)
The volume control function in the Klipsch Control app is overridden by the system command to launch voice search.
Motorola Droid Razr (running Android 4.0 or later)
When running Android 4.0 or later MotoBlur conflicts with Klipsch Control, preventing the device from properly receiving button commands. Klipsch Control continues to work properly on the Droid Razr with Android 2.3.6 and on other devices running Android 4.0.
Samsung Galaxy S II
Due to software conflicts, the Klipsch Control app is not fully compatible, specifically, the Klipsch S4A™ headset only supports voice control, call “Answer” and “End” functionality. Klipsch continues to work on an update to allow full functionality on these devices.
It may be possible to "out-click" the phone hardware so if there are issues with double and triple clicks intercepted as single clicks, try clicking a bit slower for better accuracy.
Track forward/track back
Long press (not customizable)
- This app is not compatible with Klipsch Image S4i, Image S5i, Image X10i, or Image ONE headphones due to incompatibility with the Apple licensed components in those products.
- Compatible with devices running Android 2.1 or later.
- *Mute function not compatible with all devices.
- The follwing music apps have been tested and compatibility confirmed: Google Music, Amazon MP3, Pandora, Last.fm, Slacker (List subject to change.)
- The default media player on the following devices are not compatible and require a 3rd party media app for full functionality: Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Motorola Atrix (List subject to change.)
- Headset control options in other similar apps should be disabled. Most music players that have headset control settings should also be set to disabled.
- Customizable click speed will vary by device. Some devices are not capable of faster click speeds.
Enjoy stunning audio quality anywhere you like by adding an Onkyo DAC-HA200 D/A Converter and Headphone Amplifier to enable a direct-digital connection to your AOA 2.0 (Android Open Accessory)-compatible Android device via USB cable. OTG (On The Go) cables facilitate a digital connection to USB audio-compatible external devices—simply purchase our Unlock Application and update to the full-featured version of Onkyo HF Player for Android to enable Hi-Res Audio output.
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the headphone connection, AOS connection, digital connections via OTG cable (free version only) is downsampled to 44.1 kHz.
- CAUTION -
Onkyo USB Audio HF Driver is not supported on DAC/headphone amplifier devices without volume circuitry*. Use of unsupported devices may risk damage to playback equipment or hearing if volume is set to maximum when connected digitally. Purchase of the Unlock Key App is not advised when connecting unsupported devices to HF Player. Please ensure that Onkyo USB Audio HF Driver is set to OFF in the HF Player app. Note that this setting disables Hi-Res Audio capability.
* Products include CREATIVE Sound Blaster E3, Resonessence Labs HERUS, Deff Sound DDA-LA20RC, Audio-Technica AT-HA30-USB, etc.
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• MP3, ALAC (up to 48 kHz)
• DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion
• FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF(up to 384 kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz is downsampled to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Requires Android 4.1 or later.
Improve sound quality on your Android device.
Make your music and video sounds like never before.
Support folder player.
Equalizer is a volume slider with live music stereo led VU meter and five band equalizer with Bass Boost and Virtualizer effects.
Intuitive player, uses simple and innovative controls. The most professional player designed for music and video enthusiasts!
Using the professional audio and video decoding technology, it will play the music and video perfectly and realise high-fidelity playback. Besides, the most professional equalizer controls will help you manually adjust your own music exclusively.
Use with headphones for best results.
MP3, MP4, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, MIDI, AAC, 3GP, XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX, MO3, MP4, M4A, OTA
* Browse and play your music by artists, albums, songs, playlists, folder
* Browse and play all videos with equalizer
* Media volume control
* Five band equalizer
* Bass Boost effect
* 3D Surround Sound
* Music surround left and right
* Turn off and turn on equalizer effect
* Edit playinglist
* Delete Song from sdcard
* One simple home screen WIDGET (4x1)
* SHAKE IT feature:give your phone a shake to play next song.
* Headset Support, Support one button or multiple buttons headsets. Leave your phones in the pocket.
* Lock Screen CONTROLS support: display time, day, title and artist, play/pause, next, previous, unlock CONTROLS in lock screen.
* Notification Status support: display album artwork, title and artist, play/pause, next, previous CONTROLS in notification status.
* 17 types of equalizer presets for your choice (Normal, Classic, Dance, Flat, Folk, Heavy, Hip hop, Jazz, Pop, Rock, R&B, Latin, Acoustic, Piano, Electronic, Vocal Booster, Deep). Or you can manually adjust the equalizer.
* Share this player with your friends via facebook,e-mail,SMS,and so on
★ Bass Booster
★ 5 Bands Equalizer (6 on some phones)
★ 20 Presets
★ Customizable preset
★ Unlimited custom presets
★ Widget (2x1)
★ Profiles homescreen shortcuts
★ Preset auto-detection
★ Tasker Plugin
★ Music visualizer
★ Reverb (Beta ! It doesn't work on most phones, so it might be removed)
★ Automatic preset on incoming call
★ 4 themes
★ Start on phone boot
Most of the issues are due to Android itself and the constructors' interfaces, not the app ! It's almost impossible to get this kind of app to work on every device.
Check out our FAQ if you're experiencing issues or want more information : http://www.desaxed.com/faq
- Why doesn't Bass Booster work on my phone ?
- How can I reduce battery consumption ?
- Why does the equalizer only have 5 or 6 bands ?
- Volume Booster (boost the volume by +10 dB, doesn't work on every smartphone)
- Improve Quality (gets the best of your small or cheap audio devices)
- More Basses
- Voice Booster
We are not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone, your audio device or yourself ! Do not listen at full volume or with bass boost for too long. This app can damage your devices or hearing. Use it wisely !
By downloading this application, you accept that in no case we could be held responsible for any kind of damage resulting of the use of this app in any way.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Thanks to Svengraph for the headphones :
To manage it you need to:
1. Run Blue Headset Voice which will instantly turn on Bluetooth in your device
2. Turn on your Bluetooth Headset (if it is not paired yet, Android will ask you to pair it)
3. Tap on the name of device you want to connect with.
4. Tap on "Turn on" , to start the audio stream service
5. Press "Music" button to open the default music player.
When someone will call you while you are listening audio with Blue Headset Voice the stream will be paused
for the duration of the call and resumed after it.
*We are very sorry that we are not able to stream high quality audio, but it depends on Android and Bluetooth Headset specification.
Just enter the Jukebox's credentials and your hooked right in and able to see the currently playing songs as well as add new songs. Learn how in our Grooveshark Jukebox How To.
If you don't yet have the Grooveshark JukeBox, download it here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grooveshark-jukebox/bjgmfagolojoigoigjcadgnpcbnlcofa
** New Features **
* The motion gestures have been calibrated to work on your right arm now. Just go to your settings menu and uncheck "Left Arm"
* Added track names and artist info to display
* You can now start your favorite music player from the icons on the watch face. Tap once to select your default music player control scheme. Tap the selected player again to launch it on the phone.
* You can now pick which music app shows in the 4 different positions on the watch
* This app will not work with all music players, even if they show on the watch face!!! This is because not all music players listen for headset controls the same way! We are working to resolve this now.
Here is how this system works:
This app has a listening mode that you activate with this motion.
1. Hold your hand palm up (The watch will be facing down). You will feel the vibrate in this first position.
2. With the watch face down move your arm up like doing a bicep curl. You will feel another short vibration
3. Turn your watch face up (You will feel one more short vibration) and you are now in listening mode
Once you are in listening mode you are ready to control your media. These controls were designed to comfortably control your music while sitting in a car for instance. You will feel a short vibration upon each successful control:
Next Track -> Rotate your arm to the left so that the watch is facing left.
Previous Track -> Hold your arm straight up (basically raise your hand)
Play/Stop - > Lower your hand (The opposite of raising it)
The goal of this app is to let you control your music, but also to quickly free you so that you can move normally again. This is handled by a timer that you will see on the watch face. After you complete a headset control this timer gets reset and once the timer ends the watch exists out of listening mode so you can move normally. However there is another feature built in to give you more time. To activate this:
Slightly raise your hand. You will feel a short vibration once you have achieved the needed elevation. While your hand is in this position the timer will not run. This gives you more time to see if you want to hear this song or not.
One last motion feature is the ability to turn off listening mode. This is for when you have found the song you want and know you don't want to change it. Activate this by:
Rotate your wrist to the right. You will feel two short vibrations confirming that listening mode is off.
*** Note for SmartWatch 2 users *****
SmartWatch 2 users can also use this app with the watch face off. You do this by launching the app and then pressing the power button. The screen will turn off, but motion activation will keep responding. You can turn this off either by clicking the notification icon or by relaunching the app and closing it through the watch by clicking the back button.
This is a trial version. If you upgrade you can keep using the app and will unlock the watch face controls. These controls allow you to:
swipe left for previous track
swipe right for next track
swipe up to raise volume
swipe down to lower volume
long press to play/pause
Ok if there are any questions, issues, or comments please let us know at email@example.com or check out the Google+ community:
Here is a more detailed video of the SmartWatch Motion Headset Controller in action:
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
LiveWare extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart extension for SmartWatch 2
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
Once you Shazam music, you can easily:
• Preview and buy tracks on Amazon or Google Play
• Sing along to the beat with real time lyrics
• Share your discoveries on any social network
• Watch music videos on YouTube
• Share your discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Google+ and Pinterest
• Listen to full tracks with Rdio, Spotify or Deezer
• Connect to Rdio to create a playlist of your Shazamed tracks, or add tracks to any Rdio playlist
• See song recommendations from others like you
You can also use Shazam with TV:
• Shazam your favorite TV shows for the cast, soundtracks, and more
• Shazam ads to watch again, share with friends, or get special offers
Want even more?
• Go to shazam.com/myshazam to see your entire Shazam history; sign in to Facebook to get started
• Check out News to discover great new videos, updates and more, from artists and TV shows
you’ve Shazamed; plus see what your friends are Shazaming
• Explore shows you what’s trending around the world and zoom in for local chart knowledge
• Book concert tickets for artists you’ve Shazamed
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising – upgrade to Shazam Encore
Lyrics and LyricPlay™ available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ
MIPS devices are not supported
Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/entries/29632198
With Spotify, you have access to a world of music. You can listen to artists and albums, or create your own playlist of your favorite songs. Want to discover new music? Choose a ready-made playlist that suits your mood or get personalized recommendations.
Listen for free on mobile
• Play any artist, album, or playlist on shuffle mode
Listen for free on tablet
• Play any song, any time
Spotify Premium features
• Play any song, any time on any device--mobile, tablet, or your computer
• Download music for offline listening.
• Enjoy amazing sound quality.
• No ads – just uninterrupted music.
• No commitment - cancel any time you like.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/spotify
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spotify
Headset Button Controller is very configurable, allowing you to play music, change tracks, adjust volume, answer phone calls, start Voice Command and many other things, just by clicking the button on your headset.
Headset Button Controller is shipped with a powerful default configuration, but you can change almost every action performed. Once you have configured it with your preferences, it runs in the background using almost no CPU. It has been tested with a wide variety of different Android devices and music apps and works with both single-button headsets, and Android-specific 3-button headsets.
Default configuration for single-button headsets (center button for 3-button headsets):
* Single press: play / pause (+ answer call / end call)
* Double press: next track (+ decline call / mute microphone)
* Triple press: previous track
* Quadruple press: previous track (2x)
* Long press: Volume control 
* Press and hold: Fast forward 
* Double press and hold: Rewind 
* Triple press and hold: disabled
All of the above options are configurable to any of the following:
* Play / pause
* Next track
* Previous track
* Previous track (2x)
* Mute / unmute
* Voice command
* Voice search
* Redial last number
* Say current time (Text-To-Speech required)
* Launch app
* Launch shortcut
* Tasker task 
* Switch profile
Additionally the long press options are configurable to any of the following:
* Volume control 
* Rewind 
* Fast forward 
 Requires the app 'Tasker'
 While the button is held down, the volume is initially reset to the minimum limit (see below) and then raised until the button is released
 Not every music player app supports rewind / fast forward
With a 3-button headset, volume control is also configurable with the left and right headset buttons.
Music app selection
Headset Button Controller controls the currently running music app. You are also able to explicitly specify which installed music app you want to control.
Volume control features
Headset Button Controller remembers the music volume when the headphone is unplugged and can restore it when the headphone is plugged in again.
* Min volume limit: Start volume level of the 'volume control' command
* Max volume limit: Ensures that the headset music volume never exceeds this limit
You are also able to control calls with the headset button:
* answer call / end call on single press (configurable)
* decline call / mute microphone on double press (configurable)
* adjust volume during a call (see volume control)
* announce caller name (Text-To-Speech required)
You can also configure Headset Button Controller to automatically answer an incoming call after a configurable delay.
Headset plug in / out
You can configure an action to be performed when the headset gets plugged in / out.
You can create different 'configuration profiles' which you can switch between. Add a widget or a shortcut to your home screen to easily change your profile. It is also possible to switch profile from the 'Tasker' or 'Locale' app (Locale plug-in). All settings can be backed up on SD card.
This is the full version of Headset Button Controller. To check if this app works with your phone / music player correctly, we suggest you first install the trial version of this app before buying.