This app is a free technical demo of D-GLES, the unofficial OpenGLES Doom Engine source port (see features below)
This demo only supports map E1M5 from Freedoom + invotdm.wad (with all weapons), with no save/load games, and contains an Ad banner.
The purpose of this demo is to let you check the many controls schemes available (touch interface with multiple options, support of hardware devices (keyboard, gamepad), Xperia Play gamepad) and check the graphics improvements and VR mode, so you can buy the full port knowing what to expect from it.
- Virtual Reality (VR): A cardboard headset and a gamepad are needed.
- High resolutions
- Realtime dynamic lighting
- Particles effects
- 3D Monsters and objects (MD2)
- Blood projections
- Realistic water effect
- Lens Flares
- Realtime shadows
- Optimized for MOGA Controllers
- Xperia Play gamepad buttons (touchpads not supported)
- Keyboard support (USB, bluetooth, embedded)
- Gamepads support (analog sticks support on Android >= 3.1)
- Buttons mapping (Xperia Play / USB GamePads / Keyboard)
- Android TV support: A gamepad is highly recommended, without it you could run the app, but not really enjoy it because of the lack of buttons.
All official iwads are supported by D-GLES. But only Freedoom + Requiem megawad data are provided. You need to own commercial iwads (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, TNT and Plutonia) and copy them to your sdcard to play them.
!!! COMMERCIAL FULL GAME IWADS ARE NOT PRESENT IN D-GLES !!!
D-GLES supports also thousand of pwads (levels) made by the community.
Read here to know how to control D-GLES: http://kokak.free.fr/android/DGLES.htm#controls
If you have any problem, any question or suggestion, please consult the faq: http://kokak.free.fr/android/DGLES.htm#faq, or don't hesitate to email me.
Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/KokakGames
This app is a source port released under the GPL license. "Doom" is a trademark of "id software". All trademarks are used under the terms of fair use: usage is nominative. Kokak is not connected with "id Software".