A game by KONE, a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, teaches children about elevator and escalator safety.
The game features KONE's safety mascots, Max the mouse and Bob the elephant. It begins with Max accidentally flying away with a balloon, leading Bob to go on a journey to find his friend by exploring a tall building with the help of elevators and escalators. The adventure-filled game is intended for children aged 4 to 10.
It is estimated that around 200,000 people migrate to cities each day. As cities grow ever larger, growing numbers of people, including children, are using elevators and escalators in their everyday lives. Children are especially excited about gadgets and curious about moving objects, and therefore, are often more prone to accidents than adults. With this game, KONE aims to communicate with children in a fun and educational way that simple, everyday considerations can make a big difference in avoiding accidents.
Quick tips on elevator and escalator safety with children:
Escalators and elevators are not places for play. When traveling in elevators or on escalators, it is advised that children be accompanied by adults.
1. After entering an elevator, go to back of the car, face forward and keep away from the doors.
2. Don’t attempt to keep doors open by placing objects or body parts in their way.
3. Don’t put anything between the elevator’s wall and the moving doors.
4. Never use an elevator in the event of a fire or other emergency.
1. Do not enter or exit the escalator in the wrong direction.
2. Check that shoelaces are tied and that clothes, bags or other items are secure.
3. Hold the handrail and keep feet firmly on the step and away from the escalator’s sides.
4. Don’t sit on the escalator’s steps or on the handrail, and don’t lean over the railing.
5. Escalators should not be used with wheeled objects such as strollers, bikes or skateboards.
6. Do not play near an escalator or while using one.
The digital game adds to KONE’s efforts to educate equipment users to act responsibly and safely when using elevators and escalators. In order to educate children and parents alike on these safe practices, KONE organizes events and visits schools and kindergartens around the world. KONE’s safety mascots Bob and Max also appear in a children’s workbook and an animated film produced by KONE.
Learn more about children’s safety here: www.kone.com/childrenssafety