Beats and Loops turns your phone into a looper and drum machine pedal.
Jam with guitar, bass or any other electric or acoustic instrument.
It works like a guitar pedal. You can control it by placing the phone on the floor and lightly swinging your foot above the screen - check the video!
Start and stop songs, trigger drum fills, switch song parts, and record loops. Hands-free.
• Record loops using just the phone microphone. It's dead simple - place your phone next to your instrument or amplifier, and start rocking. No cables or expensive gear required.
NOTE! To get acceptable sound quality you need to connect the phone to an external speaker, such as headphones, Bluetooth speaker or AUX input of an amplifier.
• You get all essential drumming styles in multiple variations, each with A and B parts, and unique fills.
• Trigger fills
• Adjust tempo
• Edit kick drum pattern
• The drum sounds are sampled using an awesome vintage Ludwig kit and are played back in uncompressed, multi-sampled 24bit quality.
• Natural sounding cajon kit for jamming in acoustic setting.
• "The best tuner I've ever used" - a random beta tester.
• Record via external audio interfaces
• Control the app with MIDI
HOW TO USE THE APP IN PEDAL MODE
To use the app in pedal mode place the phone on the floor with the screen facing up. The top part of the screen starts blinking when the app is in pedal mode.
To "press" the pedal, lightly swing your foot a few inches above the top edge of the screen. You don't need to touch the phone.
The pedal functions differently depending on the app view and how long you press it.
In drummer mode, a short press starts the song or triggers a fill. You can switch between song parts by holding the pedal until the end of a measure. Double-press ends the song.
In looper mode, a short press starts or stops the recording. Long press starts overdubbing.
HOW TO USE FEEDBACK CANCELLATION
If you use the phone microphone to record you may notice the drum track leaking into loops.
To prevent feedback connect to external speaker, such as headphones, Bluetooth speaker or AUX input of your amplifier. If you are still getting feedback, enable feedback cancellation from the app settings.
The feedback cancellation requires calibration to work. The calibration is done by pressing the calibration button, either in settings or looper view. If you move the phone or adjust the playback volume you need to calibrate again.