Surah Kahf is the 18th Surah of the Holy Quran, with 110 ayats and was revealed in Mecca, before the hijrat. 'Kahf' means cave and it is named after the people of the cave or the 'Ashabu al Kahf'. The Surah tells the story of the people who accepted Islam in the early stages but were faced with retaliation from the locals, leading them to flee. They took refuge in a cave where Allah gave them a sleep which lasted for centuries and when they finally woke up, the whole city had converted.
According to the Ahadith of Propher (p.b.u.h):
• “Whoever reads Surah al Kahf on the night of Jummah, will have a light that will stretch between him and the Ancient House (Kabah).”
• "Whoever recites Surah al Kahf on the day of Jummah will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”
• “One who memorized the first ten verses of Surah al Kahf will be secure against the Dajjal (Anti-Christ).”
• “Whoever reads Surah al Kahf on Jummah, he is immune for 8 days from all fitnah that will happen. When the Dajjal comes out, he will be immune to him.”
• Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, “Shall I not inform you of a Surah which is so full of greatness it reaches between the heaven and earth and it has blessings written for it of similar proportions (from the sky to earth) whoever reads it on Yaum ul Jummah is forgiven what occurred between that Jummah and the next, in addition to 3 days (i.e. 10days in all) and whoever reads the last five ayaat of it when he goes to sleep, Allah will send him that night what he wants" Everyone said, Yes, O Messenger of Allah. He said: "SuraAshabulKahf.”
The application encompasses some really unique and easy to use features, helping you in easier and comfortable use and understanding of the functions. It has a unique animation design and provides the option to revert back to the home page or exit the application by one single tap, on each page.
The application has 4 tabs, namely "Read", "Listen", "Fazeelat" and "Islamic Applications" which are visible at all times on the top of the screen. Surah Kahf with mp3 is an application that tries to make it as user friendly and appealing as possible, providing you with one of the best apps there is.
Once the homepage opens, there are options for feedback and opening Surah Kahf. If you tap on the Surah Kahf button, you're directed to the read page.
It has three options, Arabic, Arabic and Urdu, and Arabic and English. There are two available fonts, KQ style and the normal style for the written text. Tapping on 'Arabic' will open the script of the Surah in Arabic only and as for the rest, it will also have an ayat by ayat translation in the respective language.
Tapping on the 'listen' tab will direct you to this page. Tapping on the listening option will start the Surah from the beginning, either with the translation or without, depending on your choice. You can also read while listening to the Surah, just play it and revert back to the read page.
This tab gives the benefits and the Fazeelat of Surah Kahf in English, helping you understand its importance more clearly.
This gives a list of applications by KQ Innovation, tapping on any of them will take you to Playstore from where you can download them easily.
There is also a tiny house clipart in the lower left side of every page and a tiny red cross on the lower right side. Tapping on the house will take you to the home page and the cross will lead you to the exiting dialogue box.
On the homepage, the feedback button lets you get in touch with the application developer in case of any queries, feedback or suggestions. You can contact us via skype, email or twitter.