Water Project Calculator was designed by practicing water engineers to help solve problems they encounter everyday. While it's primarily designed for back-of-the-envelope calculations, it's so easy to use that you may find yourself using it in front of your computer as well! Each screen consists of a list of parameters in a single system of equations. Enter all the known data and the app will immediately solve for the rest.
The app has four main sections:
* Gravity Flow - Uses the Manning Formula
* Pressure Pipe Flow - Uses the Hazen-Williams Equation
* Financials - Helpful for estimating project costs and for comparing various payment options
* Unit Converter - Conversions for area, force, length, power, pressure, time and volume units
* Each parameter can be entered and displayed in any supported unit. This allows you to mix and match metric and US customary units in any way you like. You can switch between these units at any time with just a few taps.
* Solve each system of equations using any of the parameters as inputs. This allows you to set values for any of the parameters and solve for the remaining unknowns.
Check out the video to see a short demonstration.
* If you have suggestions for improvement or feature requests, please let us know!