Track My Mac from MacKeeper™ developers is a fast and easy way to lock and unlock your Mac as well as see its current location right from your smartphone. In case of loss or unauthorized access attempt Track My Mac will detect your Mac’s current location, make a photo of the thief or intruder, and send this data directly to your smartphone in an easy-to-read pdf report. And what is more important, Track My Mac is cloud-based (whereas almost all other similar tools work via bluetooth), which means that you can lock/unlock & report the theft of your Apple Computer from any place of the world. All you need is an Internet connection. Lost or stolen Macs should always come back home, so keep an eye on your Mac!
• ANTI-THEFT: Report the theft of your Mac immediately when you notice that it is missing.
• ANTI-THEFT REPORT: Get a location report together with the photo of the suspect.
• REMOTE LOCK/UNLOCK: Unlike the similar tools for remote lock/unlock, Track My Mac works via the Internet.
• PARENTAL CONTROL: Limit the screen time of your kid from anywhere. Lock and unlock your Mac with one tap.
• SPY LOCK REPORT: Catch a snapshot of the person who enters incorrect password on your Mac’s locked screen.
• COMPLETELY FREE & UNLIMITED: Add as many Macs as you want to track and get as many "Spy Lock" or "Anti-Theft" reports as you need.
HOW TO START
To connect your smartphone with your Mac, you need to install the Mac app called MacKeeper™ on your Apple computer first.
• Tap "+" in the Track My Mac app and check your email for detailed instructions together with the Mac app download link.
• In MacKeeper™, go to the Anti-Theft tab and click “Install Anti-Theft”.
• Authorize with your Track My Mac login and password.
• After Track My Mac is installed, turn on Location Tracker and set up Lock Screen Options.
After you install MacKeeper™ Anti-Theft on your Mac, you will be able to:
• see your Mac’s up-to-date location,
• report your Mac as stolen instantly and directly from your smartphone in case of theft,
• lock/unlock it remotely,
• protect your Mac from unauthorized access attempts.
HOW IT WORKS
• After you activate “Location Tracker” for the Mac where Anti-Theft is installed, you will see its up-to-date location in Track My Mac.
• When the thief connects to the Internet on your missing Mac, you will receive the Anti-Theft Location Report with an iSight photo of the thief directly to your smartphone.
• If someone enters an incorrect password on your Mac when its screen is locked, you will receive a Spy Lock Report with an iSight photo of the intruder directly to your smartphone.
• MacKeeper™ can be used on Macs with OS X 10.6 or later.
• Track My Mac can be used on smartphones with iOS 8 or later and Android version 4.4 (API 19) or later.
To define the geographical location of your Mac, MacKeeper™ uses Google Location Services, which can correctly determine the exact location only when Wi-Fi is activated on your Mac. Therefore, to correctly update your Mac's geographical location in Track My Mac, please make sure that Wi-Fi is activated on your Mac, and Wi-Fi networks are available for it.
Laptop theft happens more often than you might think. According to Gartner Group report, a laptop is stolen every 53 seconds in the United States. And the FBI reports that 97% of stolen computers are never recovered...
Watch true stories of people who retrieved their stolen Macs with MacKeeper™ Anti-Theft here: https://mackeeper.com/anti-theft-story
ABOUT TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
MacKeeper™ uses Google's Geolocation and Google's Geocoding Services. That allows MacKeeper™ Anti-Theft to more accurately pinpoint the location of a missing computer and even identify the Wi-Fi networks and trace the used IP addresses.