This application is a live animal tracking tool for Kruger National Park. It is very simple to use, if you see an animal, simply click on the appropriate button at the top of the screen. Your current GPS coordinate is used and the data is uploaded to the server for other users to see
View the sightings nearest to you in the order that they were tagged
In View mode you can chose to only view certain animals, to enable view mode click and hold on a animal from the list. Add more animals to view mode or deselect animals by clicking on them once in view mode. To exit view mode click on the white cross on the left side of the screen or by clicking the back button
You can still track animals if you don't have network coverage. A 'Resend' button will appear at the top left of the screen, simply click this button when you have network coverage again
To see if new animals have been spotted, click the 'Refresh' button at the top of the screen
Any user that abuses the system will be added to the black list, these users will still be able to view sightings but wont be able to add new ones
Please rate the app and leave your thoughts and suggestions
Tell your friends about this app. With more users there will be a better experience for everyone
Try the new Uber private driver app, enter the following promo code to get R90 free credit! Promo Code: 5E6Q5
This app also works for Limpopo National Park, Marloth Park, Sabie Park, Manyeleti Game Reserve, Timbavati Game Reserve, Xonghile Game Reserve and Kapama Game Reserve.
Feel free to donate: 1JuwdC7tYn9KUDeFB5gtrpWs2hLNaGSG4g
Thank you and enjoy!
Features in this app
1. “To identify” – with this option you would take a photo/or upload a photo of wildlife you would like to get an identification for, an ID can be posted by any person through the “Add comment” field in the Sightings list
2. “Add sighting” – this option is used to share one of your observations for interpretation or comments
3. “Sightings Map” – With this map you can get a history of sightings, selected by adjusting the day selection. This feature is optimised for frequent users of this app.
4. “Sightings list” – this is a list of daily sightings which are shared by users for identification, interpretation or comments on your sightings.
5. “Sighting hotspots” This is a map compiled of unique sightings for a given location per day. Over a period of time in some locations a given animal was observed more regularly and this is the information displayed in these hotspot maps. For conservation reasons there is no hotspot maps for rhinos and elephants
No Advertisements in this app, Why is this app free? For us, it is about testing software robustness, as we are finalising on a professional field data collection app for field biologists.In this version we have extracted the functionality that can be used for game viewing. Enjoy!
Introduces for the first time ever:
• 4 unique keys subdivided into 14 categories to quickly and easily identify species. Animals can be identified by silhouette, track shape and size, dung shape and size and distribution
• Colorful and conspicuous indicators to identify an animal by red book classification and times of activity
• Detailed, easy-to-find and relevant species information
Comprehensive species information - quickly and easily
Incredible detail on almost 100 Southern African Mammals
Experience the haunting sounds of Africa!
Unique, world-first identification keys. Ididentify species with:
• the Silhouette Identification Key
• the Track Identification Key
• the Dung Identification Key
Detailed species information
• Full-color photographs
• SCI and Rowland Ward minimums and maximums
• Afrikaans, Zulu, Shona and Tswana species names
• Quick reference conservation and activity icons
• Species description
• Visible Male/Female Differences
• Habitat and Distribution
• Behavior and habits
• Front and hind species tracks
• Dung photographs for easy identification
• Field Sign
Find all mammal species endemic to an area in the whole Southern Africa with the amazing Distribution Matrix
A gold mine of information with 5,000 hyperlinks for cross-reference
Sightings Tracker enables your device to become a South African mammal & bird Life list.
With a sophisticated automatic naming and detailing system (Kruger National Park). If you add a sighting while in Kruger National Park, the system will automatically fill in the description, it will pick up the current road you are on, the direction you are travelling and the distance from the last intersection or landmark even in Offline mode.
New Virtual Tour Guide. A complete reference to all mammal species, historical sites, information on picnic sites, camps, gates waterholes, viewpoints and hides. If you are within 500m of a point of interest, the system will alert you and by clicking on the alert, all the information will be available. All information is available Offline. Species information now comes with a “Heat Map” showing actual sightings information about that selected species.
All species & points of interest information is dynamically updated when you start the system if required (Requires an internet connection for first time start up and subsequent updating).
Up to the second reporting for Kruger National Park and accurate within 50m, as all sightings saved, are done so using your devices GPS system.
Save and view your wildlife sightings directly on to your device, Filter and View species from the entire South Africa or by specific location such as one of South Africa's national parks.
National Parks Included so far:
Kruger National Park
The list contains over 900 species of birds found throughout Southern Africa, as well as a list containing the most common found mammals in Southern Africa.
Please Note: Rhino Sightings are not shown on the public maps.
To View Sightings, Register and activate an account.
(Internet Connection Required to view map/sightings)
Phone ID is read to distinguish between platforms for log in and to enable specific phone features.
Tracking the Wild is a wildlife social media platform that is an easy way to explore Africa’s parks & reserves, safely share your wildlife sightings and make a valuable contribution to conservation. The platform takes the concept of crowd-sourcing and uses it to collect the valuable data that conservation research needs to protect Africa’s biodiversity.
The goal is to enrich people’s wildlife experiences and raise awareness of Africa’s wilderness through sustainable tourism. Tracking the Wild’s belief is that our world's wilderness can only be protected when people have the opportunity experience its beauty and contribute towards its preservation.
Tracking the Wild has been specifically built as a platform that the public can safely submit their wildlife sightings without the location data of vulnerable species being made public. This is done by managing what species the public can see within each of the parks/reserves we list. Furthermore, rhino sightings are blocked from the platform and we also withhold the location of any species that is outside of a protected area. By taking this approach, Tracking the Wild provides the public with a platform where they can responsibly share their sightings and simultaneously contribute vast amounts of valuable data to conservation research.
Professor Les Underhill of the Animal Demography Unit at the University of Cape Town explains the value of the app: “Imagine trying to motivate that a species is of conservation concern if you do not have an up-to-date distribution map for the species. Ideally, one would like to have a distribution map that is based on records collected only in the past decade or less. This means that distribution data needs to be updated continuously. This is what this new app helps us to achieve.”
The platform features:
• Live sightings feed with comments, likes and species suggestions
• Personal sightings history and statistics
• Hotspots - a heatmap of historical sightings (works offline)
• Detailed offline maps for each of the listed parks and reserves
• Species checklists for every park (works offline)
• Species guides covering all birds, mammals and reptiles in each park (works offline)
• A directory of Southern African parks and reserves (All South Africa's National Parks (SANParks) & most major game/nature reserves in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe)
• In app accommodation booking with SafariNow
• All sightings data sent to researchers at the Animal Demography Unit (ADU) at the University of Cape Town and other conservation partners.
Protected areas in Africa: Live safari sightings and maps for the following National Parks, Game Reserves and Nature Reserves:
Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Addo Elephant National Park
Agulhas National Park
Anysberg Nature Reserve
Augrabies Falls National Park
Bontebok National Park
Camdeboo National Park
Cederberg Wilderness Area
Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Chobe National Park
De Hoop Nature Reserve
Dinokeng Game Reserve
Etosha National Park
Gamkaberg Nature Reserve
Garden Route National Park
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
Goukamma Nature Reserve
Great Fish River Nature Reserve
Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve
Hwange National Park
iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Ithala Game Reserve
Karoo National Park
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Khutse Game Reserve
Kogelberg Nature Reserve
Kruger National Park
Limpopo-Lipadi Private Game & Wilderness Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve
Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
Mapungubwe National Park
Marakele National Park
Mokala National Park
Moremi Game Reserve
Mountain Zebra National Park
Namaqua National Park
Ndumo Game Reserve
Nxai Pan National Park
Pilanesberg Game Reserve
Robberg Nature Reserve
Rocherpan Nature Reserve
Swartberg Nature Reserve
Table Mountain National Park
Tankwa Karoo National Park
Tembe Elephant Park
uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park
Welgevonden Game Reserve
West Coast National Park
and more coming soon...
Using thus amazing app:
- Explore all of Africa's top destinations in an easy and fun manner -be it nature, wildlife, national parks, game reserves, museums...
- Use the safari map feature to view all the top destinations per category across Africa. As you zoom into a specific country, the map adjusts accordingly narrowing down to destinations with that country.
- Once you've found your destination, easily find nearby hotels, resorts, camps and lodges.
- Thanks to the ratings & review feature, find the best safari deal. You can even add your own review of a place.
- Capture breath-taking and fun safari moments. Create a safari album of these moments. Share these moments with friends. Yes, tell your safari story.
The app contains tourist destinations based on six categories:
- National Parks and game reserves
- Nature and WildLife
- Camps and Lodges
- Hotels and Restaurants
The highlighed African countries are:
- South Africa
+ 'Best New Apps 2015' in Google Play Store +
+ Recommended by 'Die Welt', CHIP and 'Computerbild 2014' +
+ Among CNN’s Top 50 Travel Apps 2013 +
Plan your journey to South Africa with our trip planner, view recommendations from the tripwolf community, and get tips from experienced travel writers. With offline map, free updates, and guides for over 500 destinations worldwide!
» AVAILABLE IN 2 LANGUAGES «
The tripwolf South Africa travel guide is available in German and English.
» WORKS 100% OFFLINE «
All the content and features of our travel guides can be used offline with no restrictions. No roaming fees: all our guides, features, and maps are available without being connected to the Internet.
» TRAVEL PLANNER FOR ON THE ROAD «
Create your personal itinerary with the trip planner, and organize your journey to South Africa while you're on the road or in the comfort of your own home. Wherever, whenever.
» ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU ARE «
Thanks to the offline maps you can find your way around wherever you are. Find your location on the map, and you'll never get lost in a foreign place again.
» PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR TO-DO LIST «
No matter whether you're traveling with your family, on a budget, or just the two of you want to know what to do in South Africa when it's raining: we've put together the ideal recommendations for every situation especially for you.
» TRAVEL TIPS FROM THOUSANDS OF TRAVELERS «
Get genuine recommendations and reviews for the best destinations such as Cape Town, Johannesburg, Franschhoek as well as insider tips for good local restaurants, shops, hotels, nightlife spots, events & festivals, and more.
» ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, BARS, CLUBS & MORE «
Browse the most exciting corners of town. Discover unique sights, and get insider tips from the tripwolf community.
The most popular travel guides for more than 10 million travelers, with offline maps, a trip planner, and insider tips for more than 500 cities, countries, and regions worldwide. So you like the new design of our guides, but you feel certain features are missing or you have general feedback on another topic? We'd be happy to hear from you - just e-mail us your comments (email@example.com)!
The following destinations are among those included:
Stellenbosch, Durban, Knysna and around, Sun City, Hout Bay, Plettenberg Bay, Hermanus and around, Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape, Camps Bay, Jeffrey’s Bay
★ Suggestions of what's interesting to see and do in South Africa, depending on time, weather and your location;
★ A detailed sights section with all the monuments of Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban;
★ Eating out section with the best restaurants in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban;
★ Discover the nightlife of South Africa! Bars, pubs & disco's in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban;
★ Book hotels in South Africa directly from the app (when online);
★ Offline maps of the most important cities;
★ Complete background information of South Africa;
★ Currency converter;
★ Weather forecast (updated when online);
★ See current events (updated when online);
★ Lots of stars.
Quotes from our users
“Absolutely brilliant, made our holiday. Recommendations were worth while. Maps and directions were superb. We'd have been lost without it. Offline mode worked a treat. Thanks very much.”
By Bragger93 from United Kingdom on May 14, 2013
“This is the travel app I've been waiting for!! One stop shop.”
By Gun-Metal Gray from United States on May 21, 2013
“Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommer’s at home! This is your travel guide now.”
By an Android User from Netherlands on Jun 8, 2013
Founded by and for travelers, Triposo delivers up-to-date information, detailed maps and intelligent recommendations for more than 40,000 destinations in 200 countries around the world.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and OpenStreetMap are among the best resources for any traveler.
We consider location, time, weather and your personal preferences to deliver custom, real-time recommendations of places to go and things to see. Whether you are a planner or prefer to go with the flow, Triposo helps you discover the unexpected and experience travel in a new way.
If you see any problem with the app, please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can figure out what’s wrong and fix it. Thanks!
Planning an African safari? Get the audio guide for African animals. NO NEED TO READ, simply listen and learn without taking your eyes off the animals. This app can be used on a game drive in any game park across Southern and East Africa, from the Kruger National Park to the Serengeti National Park, the Okavango Delta to the Ngorongoro Crater. A MUST FOR ALL AFRICAN WILDLIFE LOVERS.
Whispers of the Wild offers something for everyone, from first timers on an African safari to experienced visitors, children and parents. Get informed and entertained, and keep the kids occupied on a long game drive. This is not a replacement for a human guide, but we cannot have a human guide with us at all times. Whether on a game drive in a nature reserve, lazing on your balcony at a safari lodge or simply sitting at home, Whispers of the Wild gives African wildlife lovers the answers they seek.
WHAT DOES THE APP INCLUDE?:
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE
• No need to worry about network coverage in those remote parks
• SLEEK DESIGN
• Beautiful to look at, easy to use
• AUDIO GUIDE CONTENT
• Covers 15 African mammal species that you may encounter on an African safari:
• Thoroughly researched and entertainingly written
• 2-8 audio tracks per animal
• Tracks 1-2 min long, on different topics – find and listen to specific information
• Narrated by 3 professional voice artists
• IDENTIFICATION AIDS
• Easy to use tools allow you to quickly identify African mammals, even if you’ve never seen them before
• STUNNING PHOTOS
• Help you identify different species
• Allow you to distinguish males, females and juveniles
• ANIMAL SOUNDS
• Hear how African animals communicate
• WRITTEN INFORMATION
• Quick, informative facts
• DISTRIBUTION MAPS
• Show where to find that animal
• Can be used in game parks across Southern and East Africa:
– Kruger National Park – Serengeti National Park
– Ngorongoro Crater – Masai Mara National Reserve
– Chobe National Park – Okavango Delta
– Pilanesberg Game Reserve – Etosha National Park
– Hluhluwe Game Reserve – Mana Pools National Park
– Hwange National Park – Caprivi Strip Game Park
– Addo Elephant Park
• Realistic drawings allow you to identify what African mammals have passed by
• SAFETY ADVICE
• Get the most out of your African wildlife encounters in a nature reserve
• Keep your family and the wildlife safe
• ASK A QUESTION
• Your question not answered in the app? Get interactive with our Facebook and Twitter communities
• CONTRIBUTE TO CONSERVATION
• Learn about the plight of African animals
• Donate to our Conservation Partner, the Endangered Wildlife Trust
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 15M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
The routes APP by Routes4world offers you the most beautiful routes of the place you have chosen for your holiday driving routes your own car or rental car (fly & drive, selfdrive), including 4x4 routes, motorhomes routes, motorcycles tours and bicycles routes.
Our routes are not a conventional browser if not well-marked routes and sites and studied by ourselves (or collaborators) in many parts of the world.
The routes APP by Routes4world offer you:
- Probably the most beautiful route for your destination driving your own vehicle or a rental car by charming corners, back roads than the more conventional tourism ignores and you will discover the hidden beauties of the place.
- Easy !!! Download our route activates the GPS receiver on your mobile Smartphone or tablet, and follow it completely OFF LINE. No phone or data connection cost or expense of coverage Just follow our line on the map by foot, by car, by bike or as .you wish.
- Tourist attractions but also small sites that normally deviate from the most visited routes and are unnoticed and keeping a special attraction
- Suggestions hotels, campings, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues that for some reason, its quality or uniqueness or ambient believe that you should consider and find well marked on the map of your Smartphone.
- The maps provide you with the path entered on your mobile phone also let you wander the cities and towns knowing your position at all times during the tour.
- We hope that you enjoy our tours at your leisure, unhurried and savoring travel sites.
In this moment, we propose (Soon new routes):
1 Route of Tuscany I by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle. Valle del Chianti. Italy. Fantastic tour that runs through Pisa, Lucca, Florence up to Siena.
2. Free Route of Costa Brava by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle.España.Desde Blanes and passing famous landmarks such as Lloret, Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Playa de Aro and reaching Palamos.
3 Route of Costa Brava South by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle. Spain. From Blanes and passing famous landmarks such as Lloret, Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Platja d’Aro, Palamos, Calella de Palafrugell , Begur to the charming medieval village of Pals.
4 Route Morocco by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle. Full travel from Chefchaouen (Chefchaouen) passed through towns and cities like Fez, Azrou, Midelt, Errachidia, Erfoud, Risani, Merzouga, Mohammedia, Ouarzazate to finish in the imperial Marrakech.
5 Morocco Atlantic Coast by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle. Cities like Marrakech, Meknes, the cedar forests of the foothills of the Atlas, Imlil at the foot of Toubkal, the highest mountain in the Atlas Mountains of 4.165mt, the charming village of Moulay Idris, Chefchaouen in the Riff, and that wonderful place where everything is magical, the Sahara Occ., and of course, the spectacular Atlantic coast, with Asilah, Agadir and Essaouira, main destination for surfers from around the world and beyond south, Layoune to Dakla.
6 Route of Cathars by car, motorhome, motorcycle and bicycle in southern France.The route passes through places as emblematic as Ax Les Thermes, Foix, Mirepoix or Carcasone, plus a whole Cathar Castles followed as Montsegur, Peyrepertuse or Queribus you back into the past.
7 Routes by MTB and bike ride for all for Spain.
8 Routes off-road 4wd, around the world
Occasionally we organize group tours which also prevails the concept of "Drive yourself" where you can come in your car (some specializing in 4 × 4), as to Morocco, Tunisia, Senegal, Iceland, etc; or rental as Namibia, Botswana.
These trips you can see them published in our section of group travel and you can see some of them in our gallery in www.routes4world.com
AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION (eNCA Tech Report) AND REVIEWED IN SA TECH REVIEW (http://www.satechreview.com/bull-horns-panic-button-app-helps-deter-criminals/)
- when you activate the panic button, we can track your location in real-time so we can potentially use that information to get help to you quickly, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- pre-loaded national emergency numbers from more than 150 countries.
- large-button widget can be installed so the panic button can be activated even when your phone is locked at night.
- when you download it you qualify for our awesome solar-powered led "go-away" light so potential intruders know that if they mess with you, they mess with your community.
- generates data to combat crime.
The app is optimised for South Africa (has some SA security companies pre-loaded) but works anywhere in the world. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime.
• More than 90 minutes of audio narration by an expert ranger of the species behaviors and interactions you may see at a sighting
• Stunning photos
• Simple, elegant navigation through the app to explore species information
• Key statistics
• Skull, spoor, scat and distribution map images and descriptions
• Tips on how to find and spot that animal
The reference material is based on one of the most recognised safari field guides in Africa, Signs of the Wild by Clive Walker.
Animals covered include Black-backed Jackal, Brown Hyaena, Cheetah, Honey Badger, Leopard, Lion, Spotted Hyaena, Wild Dog, Black Rhino, Blue Wildebeest, Buffalo, Plains (Burchell’s) Zebra, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, White Rhino, Chacma Baboon, Vervet Monkey, Warthog, Greater Kudu, Sable, Waterbuck, Impala, Springbok and Tree Squirrel.
This uniquely detailed app is a fantastic reference to anyone on a self-drive or guided safari in Africa from the Kruger Park to the Serengeti, from Pilanesberg to the Okavango Delta.