The only wildlife sightings app featuring:
- FREE offline vector maps (Kruger map is only 1MB)
- All of South Africa's National Parks and most major game/nature reserves.
- Offline species guide covering all birds, mammals and reptiles in each park.
- Dedicated live sightings newsfeed with comments, likes and species suggestions.
- Personal sightings history.
- In app accommodation booking with SafariNow.
- Sightings data sent to the ADU (Animal Demographic Unit, University of Cape Town).
- Management of endangered/protected species by removing location details (No posting of rhino sightings)
Experience Africa's wildest places and the animals that call it home. A smartphone app and interactive website that enables you to document and share your latest sightings whilst on African safari. Designed to maximize your experience when visiting Africa's game parks and nature reserves, it is easy to use and packed with amazing features.
Africa’s wilderness can only be protected when people have the opportunity experience its beauty and contribute towards its long-term preservation. We've built our platform so that your valuable wildlife sightings are distributed to conservation and research organisations.
Sign up for free today and start contributing to conservation!
Protected areas in Africa: Live sightings in the following National Parks, Game Reserves and Nature Reserves:
|Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Addo Elephant National Park
Agulhas National Park
Anysberg Nature Reserve
Augrabies Falls National Park
Bontebok National Park
Camdeboo National Park
Cederberg Wilderness Area
De Hoop Nature Reserve
Gamkaberg Nature Reserve
Garden Route National Park
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
Goukamma Nature Reserve
Great Fish River Nature Reserve
Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve
iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Ithala Game Reserve
Karoo National Park
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Kogelberg Nature Reserve
Kruger National Park
Limpopo-Lipadi Private Game & Wilderness Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve
Mapungubwe National Park
Marakele National Park
Mokala National Park
Mountain Zebra National Park
Namaqua National Park
Ndumo Game Reserve
Pilanesberg Game Reserve
Robberg Nature Reserve
Rocherpan Nature Reserve
Swartberg Nature Reserve
Table Mountain National Park
Tankwa Karoo National Park
Tembe Elephant Park
uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park
West Coast National Park
and more coming soon...
This isn't the final version of the app, please leave a comment in the review section if you find any bugs or have recommendations.
This application is a live animal tracking tool for Kruger National Park. It is very simple to use, if you see a animal, simply click on the appropriate button at the top of the screen. Your current GPS coordinate is used and the data is uploaded to the server for other users to see.
You can still track animals if you don't have network coverage. A 'Resend' button will appear at the top left of the screen, simply click this button when you have network coverage again.
To see if new animals have been spotted, click the 'Refresh' button at the top of the screen
Any user that abuses the system will be added to the black list, these users will still be able to view sightings but wont be able to add new ones.
I am currently using a free web hosting site which isn't 100% reliable.. So feel free to click on the small ad at the bottom of the screen ;-) If the ad makes enough money, I will upgrade the web hosting and then the server should be a lot more stable.
PS, tell your friends about the app please, this application will be pretty useless if only a few people use it..
Thank you and enjoy!
This is the original live Kruger National Park Sightings application with over 6 years of sightings history from Kruger National Park.
Up to the second reporting for Kruger National Park and accurate within 50m, as all sightings saved, are done so using your devices GPS system.
Save and view your wildlife sightings directly on to your device, Filter and View species from the entire South Africa or by specific location such as one of South Africa's national parks.
National Parks Included so far:
Kruger National Park
The list contains over 900 species of birds found throughout Southern Africa, as well as a list containing the most common found mammals in Southern Africa.
Each Species can be referenced by long clicking on the list and referenced via wiki.
With your GPS enabled, click the name, select the amount of animals seen and a short description, once the GPS has locked on to your location, you simply save the sighting to your database.
Live / real time uploading and downloading of sightings from all users, overlayed on the devices map.
Rhino Sightings are not shown on the public maps.
To View Sightings, Register and activate an account.
(Internet Connection Required to view map/sightings)
Phone ID is read to distinguish between platforms for log in and to enable specific phone features.
Sighting hotspots are localities were recurring observations of a given animal or group of animals are made over a period of time. These sighting hotspots are ideal for self-drive tourist, which would like to plan their daily trips for the ultimate sightings experience. Planning your game viewing trips using these sighting hotspots would enable you to find you own wildlife sightings and enjoy your own moments in nature.
Because of the dynamics in nature, some animals (especially predators) protect their home range boundaries to secure food, and tend to move or stay for long periods within these boundaries. When the centres of these home ranges are found close to tourist routes, sightings of a given animal or group of animals are often made. Currently many of sightings are reported in public feeds, which are used to compile these sighting hotspot maps.
Sighting hotspots (distribution maps) are an example of how scientist would use observation data, but having this data in the public domain for some animals may pose a potential threat to conservation. We consider the public posting of lion, leopard, elephant, cheetah and wild dog sightings as an equal threat to the conservation effort (similar than posting sightings of rhino onto public feeds) and therefore, users of this app are encouraged only to post information of birds into the public domain, as this information have significant scientific value and less conservation risk. As alternative we created a personal sightings checklist and private sightings group that is for your own use and can be safely used to record your wildlife sightings. You can use these on a daily base to record sightings either to help you to remain focused on wildlife sighting, or to create a personal daily sightings list (record each animal only once a day), or to keep the family or kids engaged in wildlife spotting.
1. Sighting hot spot maps (for trip planning),
2. Create a family (private) sightings group,
3. Sort sightings chronologically or by distance from you,
4. Field notes (snippets of interesting info are awarded for every sighting you are recording),
5. No log in or phone numbers required, no advertisements.
6. Minimal data usage (lowest of all similar apps)
Get close to the animals and discover the sights, sounds and smells of the world's most vibrant and exciting continent.
This official Africa Alive! app includes a map of the park, information on the animals, picture puzzles, opening time/prices and loads more including a money saving voucher!
Introduces for the first time ever:
• 4 unique keys subdivided into 14 categories to quickly and easily identify species. Animals can be identified by silhouette, track shape and size, dung shape and size and distribution
• Colorful and conspicuous indicators to identify an animal by red book classification and times of activity
• Detailed, easy-to-find and relevant species information
Comprehensive species information - quickly and easily
Incredible detail on almost 100 Southern African Mammals
Experience the haunting sounds of Africa!
Unique, world-first identification keys. Ididentify species with:
• the Silhouette Identification Key
• the Track Identification Key
• the Dung Identification Key
Detailed species information
• Full-color photographs
• SCI and Rowland Ward minimums and maximums
• Afrikaans, Zulu, Shona and Tswana species names
• Quick reference conservation and activity icons
• Species description
• Visible Male/Female Differences
• Habitat and Distribution
• Behavior and habits
• Front and hind species tracks
• Dung photographs for easy identification
• Field Sign
Find all mammal species endemic to an area in the whole Southern Africa with the amazing Distribution Matrix
A gold mine of information with 5,000 hyperlinks for cross-reference
Travel to KENYA and see nature at it's best. ‘SAFARI KENYA’ gives you access to maps and driving directions to Wildlife Parks, Wildlife Reserves, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Beaches, Mountains and Museums in Africa's tourist hot spots in KENYA.
Embassies and Tour Agents are a button click away. Translations from four major World's languages i.e. English, French, German and Italian to Africa's most spoken language (Swahili) are available.
When it comes to finances, convert your currency to the local currency using the currency converter.
Get access to tourist attractions in Africa's tourist hot spot i.e. KENYA, and get a glimpse of what to expect at the World famous Wildlife Parks, Wildlife Reserves, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Beaches, Mountains and Museums.
If you are that Tourist or Business person wanting to have an easy time in KENYA, then Download ‘SAFARI KENYA’ because all the necessary things are a button click away.
Using thus amazing app:
- Explore all of Africa's top destinations in an easy and fun manner -be it nature, wildlife, national parks, game reserves, museums...
- Use the safari map feature to view all the top destinations per category across Africa. As you zoom into a specific country, the map adjusts accordingly narrowing down to destinations with that country.
- Once you've found your destination, easily find nearby hotels, resorts, camps and lodges.
- Thanks to the ratings & review feature, find the best safari deal. You can even add your own review of a place.
- Capture breath-taking and fun safari moments. Create a safari album of these moments. Share these moments with friends. Yes, tell your safari story.
The app contains tourist destinations based on six categories:
- National Parks and game reserves
- Nature and WildLife
- Camps and Lodges
- Hotels and Restaurants
The highlighed African countries are:
- South Africa
We belief in ecologically sensitive travel that combines the discovering and understanding flora and fauna with opportunities to contribute to their protection keeping in our mind & heart the traditional cultures of the people around.
Discover Wonders of African Safari Destinations
Let us arrange you perfect African holiday for you and take the worry and hassle out of your travel experience. Choose:-
• an African Safari - ranging from a modest lodge in the Kruger National Park to Sir Richard Branson's five star Ulisaba Lodge. The Big Five are within your fingertips to view at any one of these resorts.
• an Adventure tour - for the more adventurous, start the day with a splendid balloon ride, dive with the sharks, take the Worlds highest bungee jump, go caving and or white water rafting,tour the tree tops in our natural forests along the Garden Route, go whale watching or diving with the dolphins, and end the day with a gourmet meal in the Winelands.
• a honeymoon never to be forgotten in the splendid settings at Fancourt golf estate, in the Cape Winelands, Kruger National Park or even close by in Madagascar, Mozambique or romantic Zanzibar.
• to take a self drive tour around the picturesque Garden Route or Kruger National Park or take the flower viewing package on the West Coast or simply go off the beaten track.
• an exotic African package either in Botswana, Zimbabwe and the spectacular Victoria Falls, stroll the Mozambique beaches, visit Zanzibar, Tanzania, Namibia or simply take the Worlds most luxurious train journey for a few days.
Download the app in order to find out more about what is on offer in the holiday and image tabs and allow yourself to dream up a perfect holiday allowing us to worry about the logistics. Use the currency convertor, check out the weather and local travel tips fro within the app. During your trip make notes, submit photos and connect with your friends on your social media Facebook and email links.
The app is compatible with iPhone, IPod touch, IPad and all Android devices.
We are a member of SATSA (South African Touring Services Association) and have been since 2001. This binds us to a strict code of ethics, and confirms we have complied with stringent legal and insurance requirements. Booking with a SATSA member ensures that your trip to South Africa is guaranteed to be of the highest standard.
East Cape Tours and Safari's