Designed and developed by a team in Cape Town, the Awesome South Africa APP is designed to connect the hospitality vendor (Hotels, Restaurants, Shops etc.) to the locals and travellers of this beautiful country.
We’ve chosen categories for you to navigate your experience in South Africa in style, from finding and booking accommodation to exploring the many cool things to do on your own or with the family.
The Awesome South Africa APP is free to download and easy to use. We’ve labelled the categories in easy to understand language, FLY / SLEEP / EAT and so on and provided comprehensive filters so that you can further drill down by type to find exactly what you’re looking for within a specified radius of your exact location.
What’s more is the Awesome South Africa APP allows you to search by Specials, Events, Promotions and News listed by any of the vendors found on the APP. So you can see who’s running the best burger & beer special, to the cheapest hotel for the night – how awesome is that!
Look out for the following:
- Specials (Red- indicated by Ticket icon)
- Events (Blue - indicated by the Tent icon)
- Promotions (Yellow - indicated by Megaphone icon)
- News (Green - indicated by Newspaper icon)
Once you’ve selected the establishment you’ll see the item appear on the right hand side of the image clearly labelled so all you need to do is select that and the details will appear. Easy!
We’re new and so very aware that there aren’t 1000’s of listings yet, but rest assured we’re adding around 50 cool places daily now, so it won’t be long till you’re super spoilt for choice. Our starting point is Cape Town, Gauteng and Durban and the coming months we’ll be adding more locations, so do check in with us regularly
In the meantime please let your favourite restaurant, spa, guest house, adventure venue, retail store, etc - let them know about us. Listings for them are absolutely free and they need to come on board the app via the website www.awesomesouthafrica.com.
Let us know what you think of the APP on Facebook:
Follow us and tweet your favourite spots in South Africa
Watch how our app works here:
Introduces for the first time ever:
• 4 unique keys subdivided into 14 categories to quickly and easily identify species. Animals can be identified by silhouette, track shape and size, dung shape and size and distribution
• Colorful and conspicuous indicators to identify an animal by red book classification and times of activity
• Detailed, easy-to-find and relevant species information
Comprehensive species information - quickly and easily
Incredible detail on almost 100 Southern African Mammals
Experience the haunting sounds of Africa!
Unique, world-first identification keys. Ididentify species with:
• the Silhouette Identification Key
• the Track Identification Key
• the Dung Identification Key
Detailed species information
• Full-color photographs
• SCI and Rowland Ward minimums and maximums
• Afrikaans, Zulu, Shona and Tswana species names
• Quick reference conservation and activity icons
• Species description
• Visible Male/Female Differences
• Habitat and Distribution
• Behavior and habits
• Front and hind species tracks
• Dung photographs for easy identification
• Field Sign
Find all mammal species endemic to an area in the whole Southern Africa with the amazing Distribution Matrix
A gold mine of information with 5,000 hyperlinks for cross-reference
Always Free: offline Maps, Map Viewer, Route Planner, extensive POI database.
Available upgrades: turn-by-Turn GPS navigation with lifetime map updates included, worldwide traffic information, speed cameras and even more premium features.
NLife does not require DATA connection and does not imply data charges like other navigation solutions.
If you travel using roaming, pay for your data, have bad network coverage, slow network quality, or just want things fast and simple, this is the right navigation app for you. You will never need to worry about loosing signal, because NLife can work completely offline!
High quality TomTom maps are stored on your phone, which means no roaming, waiting for a connection or extra data charges for navigation. NLife is always available, even in airplanes, so you can plan your next travel with 100% confidence that it will work at NO cost.
Superior GPS Navigation
- Powerful 3D map rendering at blasting speed
- Full voice routing guidance with street names (Text-to-Speech)
- Latest routing calculation technology
- Lane Assistance
- Possibility to choose from various routing alternatives before starting navigation
- Fully interactive maps even during navigation
- Once you arrive at your destination, NLife will help you find a place to park your car.
- Find and navigate to any contact stored on your phone, or any Facebook or Foursquare contact
- Quick search, accessible right from the map screen
- Amazing 3D city models
- Explore maps, search and calculate routes: Always FREE!
- Full search history
- Turn any location into “Favourite” with one tap
- Multi-touch map browsing
- Speed Cameras**
- Access Wikipedia places***
- Integrated Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Foursquare connectors for searching and sharing***
- Directly call a Point-of-Interest or visit its website***
- And a lot more to come in future updates, which will turn NLife into your favourite companion.
LSO, ZAF, SWZ
Choose from a vast selection of offline maps provided by TomTom, with guarantee of the latest data available and free updates forever.
More than 150 different countries included.
There’s a whole World around you. Go! Experience! Share!
Please note the following:
• When installing the app, make sure your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network due to the pre-installed map data.
• Never let the navigation instructions interfere with your driving.
• When using NLife while driving, never hold your phone on your hands. Place it on a standard holder, with a clear sky view.
• Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
*available as an in-app purchase
**camera updates available as in-app purchase
***this feature requires internet access; mobile data charges may apply.
Event categories include: Air Shows, Boat Shows, Car Shows, Arts & Crafts, Baby Expos, Gaming / Computer Expos, Hobby Expos, Nature Expos, Sport Expos, Wedding / Bridal Expos, Comedy, Concerts, Culinary, Dance, Fairs / Carnivals, Music Festivals, Athletics, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Golf, MMA, Motor Sport, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming and Tennis.
Please give us feedback so that we can improve Event Scout - South Africa.
* We only list South African events.
* Please check with event organizers about the event details, we will not be held responsible for the information provided by this app. Event details can change at anytime.
Be inspired by the many nature reserves, art galleries, museums, historical attractions and geographic wonders of South Africa, and discover some of the best shops, restaurants and leisure activities on offer at every turn. The South African Travel Guide is fully endorsed by South African Tourism and it is the most comprehensive location-based mobile travel guide to South Africa ever made.
Features of the South African Travel Guide:
Setup the guide and the map becomes available completely offline – no extra data costs
1,500+ points of interest across the country’s nine provinces
Detailed information about each point of interest, including contact details, opening hours, prices and website links
Built-in search and category filter functionality makes finding things to do and places to see incredibly easy
Province guides can be downloaded separately or all together – cater the guide to your needs
Perfect for the independent traveller, the South African Travel Guide encourages you to explore the country for yourself. Go where you like and the guide goes with you, drawing your attention to attractions, venues and activities, no matter where you are.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within the South African Travel Guide was accurate at the time of publication, we cannot be held responsible should this prove otherwise or should changes occur. By downloading the South African Travel Guide, the user agrees that no responsibility for the consequences resulting from any inaccurate information shall be incurred on the application or guide publisher and their clients, or on the third parties mentioned therein. All information is subject to change and users are further encouraged to check information directly with the third party establishments should they wish to make bookings.
Using thus amazing app:
- Explore all of Africa's top destinations in an easy and fun manner -be it nature, wildlife, national parks, game reserves, museums...
- Use the safari map feature to view all the top destinations per category across Africa. As you zoom into a specific country, the map adjusts accordingly narrowing down to destinations with that country.
- Once you've found your destination, easily find nearby hotels, resorts, camps and lodges.
- Thanks to the ratings & review feature, find the best safari deal. You can even add your own review of a place.
- Capture breath-taking and fun safari moments. Create a safari album of these moments. Share these moments with friends. Yes, tell your safari story.
The app contains tourist destinations based on six categories:
- National Parks and game reserves
- Nature and WildLife
- Camps and Lodges
- Hotels and Restaurants
The highlighed African countries are:
- South Africa
Please visit http://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/main/south-africa/all-all-south-africa-charts-nautical-charts-folio.html
for complete list. If you don't find the chart for South Africa , please contact us at support at gpsnauticalcharts.com.
* Voice Prompts for marine navigation (requires GPS )
-prompts when approaching a boating route marker
-Continous distance and ETA updates
-Alerts when sailing/boating off route
-Alerts when boating in wrong direction
-Create routes from scratch
-Edit existing GPX/KML routes.
-Add custom description to any route point.
-Drop markers along route.
* Offline charts derived from UKHO data.
-Visually draw area to download
-Charts reprojected for WGS84 datum
*Seamless chart quilting of marine charts
*Distance Bearing tool
*Create custom way points
- Using GPS
-Select point on map
-Manually enter latitude & longitude coordinates
*POI layer for marine charts
- Overlay POIs
- POI list derived from the equivalent ENC and contains all categories including Buoy, Light, Harbour facility, Obstr.
*Search POIs/Way points
* Record Marine GPS tracks
* View tracks overlay
* Live track animation
* Track analytics/stats
* Export GPX tracks.
-Export to SDCard
-Share GPX trakcs with friends/View on Google earth.
* Auto Follow Mode (Course up)
-Continuously updates boat's location on chart
- Adjustable update frequency
Sample Nautical Charts (please visit http://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/ for complete list)
A East London
Agulhas Plateau to Discovery Seamounts
A Lambert's Bay
A Port Elizabeth
Approaches to Durban
Approaches to East London
Approaches to Luderitz
Approaches to Mossel Bay
Approaches to Port Elizabeth
Approaches to Richards Bay
Approaches to Saldanha Bay
Approaches to Table Bay
Approaches to Walvis Bay
A Walvis Bay Harbour
Baia dos Tigres to Conception Bay
B Bird Island Passage
Cape Agulhas to Cape St Blaize
Cape Columbine to Cape Seal
Cape Columbine to Table Bay
Cape Cross to Conception Bay
Cape Deseada to Table Bay
Cape S. Blaize to Port S. Johns
Cape St Blaize to Cape St Francis
Cape St Francis to Great Fish Point
Chamais Bay to Port Nolloth
Conception Point to Hottentot Point
D Port Nolloth
Durban to Cape Vidal
E Alexander Bay
East London to Port S Johns
Great Fish Point to Mbashe Point
Green Point to Tongaat Bluff
Hollandsbird Island to Cape Columbine
Hottentot Point to Chamais Bay
House Bay Dasseneiland
Island Point to Cape Deseada
Jesser Point to Boa Paz
Kunene River to Sand Table Hill
Mbashe Point to Maputo
Murrays Bay Harbour
Ponta Grossa to Kunene River
Port Nolloth to Island Point
Port Shepstone to Cooper Light
Port S Johns to Port Shepstone
Port St John's to Durban
Richards Bay Harbour
Saldanha Bay Harbour
Sand Table Hill to Cape Cross
Shixini Point to Port S Johns
Table Bay to Cape Agulhas
Table Bay to Valsbaai
Tristan da Cunha Group
Tugela River to Ponta do Ouro
Search by departure city or read up our destination guides to some of the most exciting destinations in the world including our very own Cape Town and Johannesburg.
-View my Booking
View Your Booking information
Check in on your mobile device
View Your Voyager Status and miles
View information on South African Airways lounges
View special fares
Access to information about South African Airways upcoming flights.
Find the updated status of any South African Airways flight.
View information on destinations that South African Airways flies to.
Get current and updated 10 day forecast of the weather at any destination that South African Airways flies to
Check the currency of the country you are flying to
Find the status of your checked in luggage
-Cargo Track and Trace
Track your SAA Cargo shipment every step of the way
"Bringing the World to Africa,taking Africa to the World"
This application is your travel guide containing the latest specials/advertisements from South African touroperators, hostels and backpackers. But also interesting places and festivals to visit.
This app was brought to you by EvN Media, Whethu backpackers and At Mind
Go Namibia: This comprehensive guide covers all the classic destinations like Etosha, Sossusvlei and the Fish River Canyon, but we also lift the lid on places off the tourist trail, like the Tirasberg, Omaruru and the Waterberg. With more than 150 places to stay, GPS co-ordinates, satellite maps and contact details, this is the only Namibia guide you’ll need.
May 2014: This weekend: Drive Prince Alfred's Pass, Taste wine in Wolseley, Camp easy in Rhodes and Bushmanland where the silence rides shotgun..
March 2014: This weekend! CAMP on the lagoon at Umtentweni, CHILL with the hobbits in Hogsback, TASTE port in the Little Karoo and SA’s best views!
February 2014: The February issue is all about fishing – the best fly-fishing spots in South Africa, recipes to help you cook your catch, gear for beginners and a great story about the marlin men of Sodwana. We've also put together a map-based guide to the Baviaanskloof to help you plan your holiday, and we travel to Nightingale and Gough islands in the South Atlantic in search of some of the world's most special seabirds.
January 2014: In the January issue, find out what to do in the Tsitsikamma, hang out in South Africa's weirdest hot spring, sail with the albatrosses to Tristan da Cunha, fish the Breede River at Witsand, learn how to bake bread and choose the best coffee flask for you.
December 2013: In the December issue: 44 great activities for the whole family; 49 gifts for an outdoor Christmas; everything you need to know about Oribi Gorge and The Crags on the Garden Route; delicious recipes for a Christmas feast; the best wildlife photos in the world; a weekend plan for Bonnivale.
November 2013: In the November issue, hike deep into the mountains of the Richtersveld, follow in the footsteps of a Scotsman who became a Zulu chief and take a back-roads tour of Lesotho. Plus, camping gear for families, hikers and overlanders, delicious camping recipes and the best campsites along the Orange River for a half-way stop en route to the Kgalagadi or Namibia. It's time to dust off your tent!
October 2013: An interview with conservationist Bruce Leslie, one of the generals at the front line of the rhino war. City Guide - We asked six residents in each of our biggest cities to describe a perfect day. Ithala - Everything you need to know to plan a long weekend in this northern KZN game reserve. Kaokoland - Get down and dusty in one of the wildest places in Namibia.
September 2013: Springtime is braai time! In the September issue, we feature the latest braai gear for the campsite or your garden, braai recipes to make you drool, and six great places to turn a chop. We also travel to Mozambique for a laid-back hike along the beach, and to the Pilanesberg, where we ask the question everyone's been asking: Is the park still worth visiting?
August 2013: Springtime is flower time, but where do you start? In this issue, we've put together a fantastic route planner with satellite maps of the West Coast, Nieuwoudtville and Namaqualand so you can plan the best daisy-spotting adventure of your life! Also: hang out at southern Africa's best waterholes; spend the weekend in Schoemanskloof near Nelspruit and plan a road trip to the biggest attractions in the south of Namibia.
July 2013: Join us on a road trip from Cradock to Springbok, in search of the soul of the country hotel, Swim, hike and relax at Beaverlac in the Winterhoek Mountains and everything you need to know to plan a winter break.
Millions of travelers are using TripAdvisor City Guides already, join them and get the most out of your trip.
Key reasons millions of travelers love TripAdvisor City Guides:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk and we’re sure you’ll love it!
All City Guides work offline, no need live data connection, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included each City Guide.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
Traveling with family, self-proclaimed foodie, or fans of places off the beaten path" Now City Guides has curated some customized itineraries to give you ideas of what to do , based on popular travel themes. View these lists and keep track of itinerary favorites in their “Saves” list.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With City Guides you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
The “Nearby Station” feature helps you find the closest station to your current location, or the restaurant, hotel, or attraction you are planning to visit. With the ability to see them on a map, this will help you navigate a new city easily.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, the City Guide will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. City Guides also uses the compass to guide you to a place, once you selected it.
City Guides are available for :
Miami and Miami Beach
New York City
Rio de Janeiro
Trackimo is the app for anyone who uses Trackimo devices to keep track of things they care about, like children, pets, vehicles and personal items.
Trackimo devices are available on various consumer electronic stores.
* You can log in to the Trackimo app with a user name (your email address) and a password, and you can also sign up and create a new account.
* The app tracks the current location of any Trackimo device that was assigned to your account and displays it on a map.
* Switch between Map View and Satellite View.
* Show the location-history of the device in a date-range you choose.
* Set various alarms that the device can trigger when it moves around, and see the list of alarm notifications sent by the device. The available alarms include: speed limit alarm, movement alarm, left and right key pressed, SOS alarm and more.
* Set Geo-fences: draw areas on the map that will function as virtual fences that trigger an alarm when the device crosses them.
We hope you enjoy the app and share it with your friends and family!
Please contact us with questions and suggestions.
The Trackimo team
Sightings Tracker enables your device to become a South African mammal & bird Life list.
With a sophisticated automatic naming and detailing system (Kruger National Park). If you add a sighting while in Kruger National Park, the system will automatically fill in the description, it will pick up the current road you are on, the direction you are travelling and the distance from the last intersection or landmark even in Offline mode.
New Virtual Tour Guide. A complete reference to all mammal species, historical sites, information on picnic sites, camps, gates waterholes, viewpoints and hides. If you are within 500m of a point of interest, the system will alert you and by clicking on the alert, all the information will be available. All information is available Offline. Species information now comes with a “Heat Map” showing actual sightings information about that selected species.
All species & points of interest information is dynamically updated when you start the system if required (Requires an internet connection for first time start up and subsequent updating).
Up to the second reporting for Kruger National Park and accurate within 50m, as all sightings saved, are done so using your devices GPS system.
Save and view your wildlife sightings directly on to your device, Filter and View species from the entire South Africa or by specific location such as one of South Africa's national parks.
National Parks Included so far:
Kruger National Park
The list contains over 900 species of birds found throughout Southern Africa, as well as a list containing the most common found mammals in Southern Africa.
Please Note: Rhino Sightings are not shown on the public maps.
To View Sightings, Register and activate an account.
(Internet Connection Required to view map/sightings)
Phone ID is read to distinguish between platforms for log in and to enable specific phone features.
AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION (eNCA Tech Report) AND REVIEWED IN SA TECH REVIEW (http://www.satechreview.com/bull-horns-panic-button-app-helps-deter-criminals/)
- when you activate the panic button, we can track your location in real-time so we can potentially use that information to get help to you quickly, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- pre-loaded national emergency numbers from more than 150 countries.
- large-button widget can be installed so the panic button can be activated even when your phone is locked at night.
- when you download it you qualify for our awesome solar-powered led "go-away" light so potential intruders know that if they mess with you, they mess with your community.
- generates data to combat crime.
The app is optimised for South Africa (has some SA security companies pre-loaded) but works anywhere in the world. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime.
• More than 90 minutes of audio narration by an expert ranger of the species behaviors and interactions you may see at a sighting
• Stunning photos
• Simple, elegant navigation through the app to explore species information
• Key statistics
• Skull, spoor, scat and distribution map images and descriptions
• Tips on how to find and spot that animal
The reference material is based on one of the most recognised safari field guides in Africa, Signs of the Wild by Clive Walker.
Animals covered include Black-backed Jackal, Brown Hyaena, Cheetah, Honey Badger, Leopard, Lion, Spotted Hyaena, Wild Dog, Black Rhino, Blue Wildebeest, Buffalo, Plains (Burchell’s) Zebra, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, White Rhino, Chacma Baboon, Vervet Monkey, Warthog, Greater Kudu, Sable, Waterbuck, Impala, Springbok and Tree Squirrel.
This uniquely detailed app is a fantastic reference to anyone on a self-drive or guided safari in Africa from the Kruger Park to the Serengeti, from Pilanesberg to the Okavango Delta.