This application is a live animal tracking tool for Kruger National Park. It is very simple to use, if you see an animal, simply click on the appropriate button at the top of the screen. Your current GPS coordinate is used and the data is uploaded to the server for other users to see
View the sightings nearest to you in the order that they were tagged
In View mode you can chose to only view certain animals, to enable view mode click and hold on a animal from the list. Add more animals to view mode or deselect animals by clicking on them once in view mode. To exit view mode click on the white cross on the left side of the screen or by clicking the back button
You can still track animals if you don't have network coverage. A 'Resend' button will appear at the top left of the screen, simply click this button when you have network coverage again
To see if new animals have been spotted, click the 'Refresh' button at the top of the screen
Any user that abuses the system will be added to the black list, these users will still be able to view sightings but wont be able to add new ones
Please rate the app and leave your thoughts and suggestions
Tell your friends about this app. With more users there will be a better experience for everyone
Try the new Uber private driver app, enter the following promo code to get R90 free credit! Promo Code: 5E6Q5
This app also works for Limpopo National Park, Marloth Park, Sabie Park, Manyeleti Game Reserve, Timbavati Game Reserve, Xonghile Game Reserve and Kapama Game Reserve.
Feel free to donate: 1JuwdC7tYn9KUDeFB5gtrpWs2hLNaGSG4g
Thank you and enjoy!
Get close to the animals and discover the sights, sounds and smells of the world's most vibrant and exciting continent.
This official Africa Alive! app includes a map of the park, information on the animals, picture puzzles, opening time/prices and loads more including a money saving voucher!
Introduces for the first time ever:
• 4 unique keys subdivided into 14 categories to quickly and easily identify species. Animals can be identified by silhouette, track shape and size, dung shape and size and distribution
• Colorful and conspicuous indicators to identify an animal by red book classification and times of activity
• Detailed, easy-to-find and relevant species information
Comprehensive species information - quickly and easily
Incredible detail on almost 100 Southern African Mammals
Experience the haunting sounds of Africa!
Unique, world-first identification keys. Ididentify species with:
• the Silhouette Identification Key
• the Track Identification Key
• the Dung Identification Key
Detailed species information
• Full-color photographs
• SCI and Rowland Ward minimums and maximums
• Afrikaans, Zulu, Shona and Tswana species names
• Quick reference conservation and activity icons
• Species description
• Visible Male/Female Differences
• Habitat and Distribution
• Behavior and habits
• Front and hind species tracks
• Dung photographs for easy identification
• Field Sign
Find all mammal species endemic to an area in the whole Southern Africa with the amazing Distribution Matrix
A gold mine of information with 5,000 hyperlinks for cross-reference
Features in this app
1. “To identify” – with this option you would take a photo/or upload a photo of wildlife you would like to get an identification for, an ID can be posted by any person through the “Add comment” field in the Sightings list
2. “Add sighting” – this option is used to share one of your observations for interpretation or comments
3. “Sightings Map” – With this map you can get a history of sightings, selected by adjusting the day selection. This feature is optimised for frequent users of this app.
4. “Sightings list” – this is a list of daily sightings which are shared by users for identification, interpretation or comments on your sightings.
5. “Sighting hotspots” This is a map compiled of unique sightings for a given location per day. Over a period of time in some locations a given animal was observed more regularly and this is the information displayed in these hotspot maps. For conservation reasons there is no hotspot maps for rhinos and elephants
No Advertisements in this app, Why is this app free? For us, it is about testing software robustness, as we are finalising on a professional field data collection app for field biologists.In this version we have extracted the functionality that can be used for game viewing. Enjoy!
Sightings Tracker enables your device to become a South African mammal & bird Life list.
With a sophisticated automatic naming and detailing system (Kruger National Park). If you add a sighting while in Kruger National Park, the system will automatically fill in the description, it will pick up the current road you are on, the direction you are travelling and the distance from the last intersection or landmark even in Offline mode.
New Virtual Tour Guide. A complete reference to all mammal species, historical sites, information on picnic sites, camps, gates waterholes, viewpoints and hides. If you are within 500m of a point of interest, the system will alert you and by clicking on the alert, all the information will be available. All information is available Offline. Species information now comes with a “Heat Map” showing actual sightings information about that selected species.
All species & points of interest information is dynamically updated when you start the system if required (Requires an internet connection for first time start up and subsequent updating).
Up to the second reporting for Kruger National Park and accurate within 50m, as all sightings saved, are done so using your devices GPS system.
Save and view your wildlife sightings directly on to your device, Filter and View species from the entire South Africa or by specific location such as one of South Africa's national parks.
National Parks Included so far:
Kruger National Park
The list contains over 900 species of birds found throughout Southern Africa, as well as a list containing the most common found mammals in Southern Africa.
Please Note: Rhino Sightings are not shown on the public maps.
To View Sightings, Register and activate an account.
(Internet Connection Required to view map/sightings)
Phone ID is read to distinguish between platforms for log in and to enable specific phone features.
Deze applicatie is enkel bedoeld voor bestaande Go Zuid-Afrika klanten.
Download the Dining Out Guide to South Africa to your mobile and you’ll be able to search different types of restaurants (including Asian, Italian, Indian and a good old fashioned Steakhouse) and different types of accommodation (whatever suits your budget).
Features of the Diner’s Club SA Travel Guide include:
More than 900 of South Africa’s top restaurants and accommodation
Locations are all mapped for your convenience – find what you’re looking for and find the quickest route there
Separate guides to Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban – download only the one you want, or use all three
Open the guide before its even finished downloading, and use it completely offline once the download is complete
Use the category filter to search for types of food or accommodation that you want
Use the search function to get information on specific points
Share information about your favourite restaurants or hotels using the app’s inbuilt Facebook and Twitter sharing
The Dining Out Guide to South Africa is the app of choice when it comes to finding places to stay and places to eat in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. With information supplied by Diningout.co.za and Sleepingout.co.za, you simply won’t miss a thing.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within the Dining Out Guide to South Africa was accurate at the time of publication, we cannot be held responsible should this prove otherwise or should changes occur. By downloading the Dining Out Guide to South Africa, the user agrees that no responsibility for the consequences resulting from any inaccurate information shall be incurred on the application or guide publisher and their clients, or on the third parties mentioned therein. All information is subject to change and users are further encouraged to check information directly with the third party establishments should they wish to make bookings.
Search by departure city or read up our destination guides to some of the most exciting destinations in the world including our very own Cape Town and Johannesburg.
-View my Booking
View Your Booking information
Check in on your mobile device
View Your Voyager Status and miles
View information on South African Airways lounges
View special fares
Access to information about South African Airways upcoming flights.
Find the updated status of any South African Airways flight.
View information on destinations that South African Airways flies to.
Get current and updated 10 day forecast of the weather at any destination that South African Airways flies to
Check the currency of the country you are flying to
Find the status of your checked in luggage
-Cargo Track and Trace
Track your SAA Cargo shipment every step of the way
"Bringing the World to Africa,taking Africa to the World"
Tracking the Wild is a wildlife social media platform that is a fun and easy way to explore Africa’s parks & reserves, safely capture and share your wildlife sightings with a community of wildlife lovers and make a valuable contribution to conservation.
The apps and supporting website take the concept of crowd-sourcing and use it to collect the valuable data that conservation research needs to protect Africa’s biodiversity.
The goal is to enrich people’s wildlife experiences and raise awareness of Africa’s wilderness through sustainable tourism. Tracking the Wild’s belief is that Africa’s wilderness can only be protected when people have the opportunity experience its beauty and contribute towards its preservation.
The only wildlife sightings app featuring:
• Latest sightings newsfeed with comments, likes and species suggestions
• Personal sightings history
• Free offline vector maps for every park
• Hotspots - a heatmap of historical sightings (works offline)
• Species checklists for every park (works offline)
• Species guides covering all birds, mammals and reptiles in each park (works offline)
• Social notifications when someone likes or comments on your sightings
• A directory of Southern African parks and reserves (All South Africa's National Parks (SANParks) & most major game/nature reserves in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe)
• In app accommodation booking with SafariNow
• All sightings data sent to researchers at the Animal Demographic Unit (ADU), University of Cape Town
• Management of endangered/protected species by removing location details (No posting of rhino sightings)
Protected areas in Africa: Live safari sightings and maps for the following National Parks, Game Reserves and Nature Reserves:
Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Addo Elephant National Park
Agulhas National Park
Anysberg Nature Reserve
Augrabies Falls National Park
Bontebok National Park
Camdeboo National Park
Cederberg Wilderness Area
Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Chobe National Park
De Hoop Nature Reserve
Dinokeng Game Reserve
Etosha National Park
Gamkaberg Nature Reserve
Garden Route National Park
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
Goukamma Nature Reserve
Great Fish River Nature Reserve
Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve
Hwange National Park
iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Ithala Game Reserve
Karoo National Park
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Khutse Game Reserve
Kogelberg Nature Reserve
Kruger National Park
Limpopo-Lipadi Private Game & Wilderness Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve
Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
Mapungubwe National Park
Marakele National Park
Mokala National Park
Moremi Game Reserve
Mountain Zebra National Park
Namaqua National Park
Ndumo Game Reserve
Nxai Pan National Park
Pilanesberg Game Reserve
Robberg Nature Reserve
Rocherpan Nature Reserve
Swartberg Nature Reserve
Table Mountain National Park
Tankwa Karoo National Park
Tembe Elephant Park
uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park
Welgevonden Game Reserve
West Coast National Park
and more coming soon...
Features on the free Airport App include all you need to, from and at all the major airports in South Africa
• Up to date flight info and delay alerts
• Parking info and reserve parking bays at a discounted rate
• Find shops and restaurants by Category, Terminal and Name
• Comprehensive and practical details of the airport's facilities and travel information
• Essential maps
• Find car rental agencies
• Communicate with our customer care department
• Weather in your airport city
• Traffic alerts and route mapper
• Airline details
The Airports Company South Africa’s App is an essential tool for any local or foreign traveler in South Africa. Download it and rest assured of a seamless travel experience with all the essential information at your fingertips.
RCI® - South Africa App includes the following features:
Login using your RCI® account credentials
Once logged in, you can access your RCI® account details, manage your deposits, renew your membership and perform many more account functions.
Book local and international holidays
Booking your next local or international holiday is now at your fingertips. Browse the RCI® directory of resorts, add your desired holiday to your basket and book it all in one go. Use the comprehensive filters and sort functions to see exactly what you want to see, how you want to see it. Once you’ve confirmed your holiday, instantly email your confirmation letter to yourself.
Quick holiday searches
Save your searches to make searching for that specific holiday quick and hassle-free. Furthermore, store all your favorite resorts in one easy to find location, where searching for availability is a click away.
- See all your account notification from the home page
- View and redeem all your special offers
- Get resort directions through your navigation system on your phone
Always Free: offline Maps, Map Viewer, Route Planner, extensive POI database.
Available upgrades: turn-by-Turn GPS navigation with lifetime map updates included, worldwide traffic information, speed cameras and even more premium features.
NLife does not require DATA connection and does not imply data charges like other navigation solutions.
If you travel using roaming, pay for your data, have bad network coverage, slow network quality, or just want things fast and simple, this is the right navigation app for you. You will never need to worry about loosing signal, because NLife can work completely offline!
High quality TomTom maps are stored on your phone, which means no roaming, waiting for a connection or extra data charges for navigation. NLife is always available, even in airplanes, so you can plan your next travel with 100% confidence that it will work at NO cost.
Superior GPS Navigation
- Powerful 3D map rendering at blasting speed
- Full voice routing guidance with street names (Text-to-Speech)
- Latest routing calculation technology
- Lane Assistance
- Possibility to choose from various routing alternatives before starting navigation
- Fully interactive maps even during navigation
- Once you arrive at your destination, NLife will help you find a place to park your car.
- Find and navigate to any contact stored on your phone, or any Facebook or Foursquare contact
- Quick search, accessible right from the map screen
- Amazing 3D city models
- Explore maps, search and calculate routes: Always FREE!
- Full search history
- Turn any location into “Favourite” with one tap
- Multi-touch map browsing
- Speed Cameras**
- Access Wikipedia places***
- Integrated Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Foursquare connectors for searching and sharing***
- Directly call a Point-of-Interest or visit its website***
- And a lot more to come in future updates, which will turn NLife into your favourite companion.
LSO, ZAF, SWZ
Choose from a vast selection of offline maps provided by TomTom, with guarantee of the latest data available and free updates forever.
More than 150 different countries included.
There’s a whole World around you. Go! Experience! Share!
Please note the following:
• When installing the app, make sure your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network due to the pre-installed map data.
• Never let the navigation instructions interfere with your driving.
• When using NLife while driving, never hold your phone on your hands. Place it on a standard holder, with a clear sky view.
• Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
*available as an in-app purchase
**camera updates available as in-app purchase
***this feature requires internet access; mobile data charges may apply.
This application is your travel guide containing the latest specials/advertisements from South African touroperators, hostels and backpackers. But also interesting places and festivals to visit.
This app was brought to you by EvN Media, Whethu backpackers and At Mind
In deze interactieve app kun je Zuid-Afrika ontdekken al naar gelang je eigen voorkeur:
- wildlife en nature
- lifestyle en wellness
- nightlife, food & wine
- art en culture.
Uiteraard kun je ook de geschiedenis van dit prachtige land ontdekken.
Dit alles aan de hand van slideshows, video's, youtube filmpjes, landkaarten, weblinks en natuurlijk vlot lezende teksten.
Verder kun je een reis plannen met de handige travel-planner.
AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION (eNCA Tech Report) AND REVIEWED IN SA TECH REVIEW (http://www.satechreview.com/bull-horns-panic-button-app-helps-deter-criminals/)
- when you activate the panic button, we can track your location in real-time so we can potentially use that information to get help to you quickly, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- pre-loaded national emergency numbers from more than 150 countries.
- large-button widget can be installed so the panic button can be activated even when your phone is locked at night.
- when you download it you qualify for our awesome solar-powered led "go-away" light so potential intruders know that if they mess with you, they mess with your community.
- generates data to combat crime.
The app is optimised for South Africa (has some SA security companies pre-loaded) but works anywhere in the world. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime.
• More than 90 minutes of audio narration by an expert ranger of the species behaviors and interactions you may see at a sighting
• Stunning photos
• Simple, elegant navigation through the app to explore species information
• Key statistics
• Skull, spoor, scat and distribution map images and descriptions
• Tips on how to find and spot that animal
The reference material is based on one of the most recognised safari field guides in Africa, Signs of the Wild by Clive Walker.
Animals covered include Black-backed Jackal, Brown Hyaena, Cheetah, Honey Badger, Leopard, Lion, Spotted Hyaena, Wild Dog, Black Rhino, Blue Wildebeest, Buffalo, Plains (Burchell’s) Zebra, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, White Rhino, Chacma Baboon, Vervet Monkey, Warthog, Greater Kudu, Sable, Waterbuck, Impala, Springbok and Tree Squirrel.
This uniquely detailed app is a fantastic reference to anyone on a self-drive or guided safari in Africa from the Kruger Park to the Serengeti, from Pilanesberg to the Okavango Delta.