Many Android tasks run slower than they should for one simple, yet not-so-obvious reason: they consume large amounts of random data from a limited source. Random data is used to generate session keys and unique identifiers, in SSL and wifi, while starting processes, and during inter-process communication.
This data (entropy) runs out frequently, and that causes processes reading from the blocking device (if any) to temporarily stop responding (lag). These processes cannot continue until the Linux kernel repopulates the entropy pool, which takes time. In addition, input events are pulled from the user interface (to refill the pool), which may also contribute to the problem.
Seeder is a service for root users. It assists the kernel in "topping off" the entropy pool by re-seeding it with data from the non-blocking (high performance) random device. Optionally, it can also help alleviate MMC I/O contention by extending the I/O queue, allowing the I/O scheduler to make better decisions, and combine more writes.
On some devices, applications load significantly faster (particularly large ones like Facebook, Chrome, and Youtube), and task switching becomes effortless. Fewer visual "hiccups" occur.
You MUST be running a rooted device to use this application! If you don't know what this means, Seeder will probably not work on your device!
** Note **
This app does not increase raw performance, but rather eliminates some types of annoying lag (ie. applications briefly freezing, jerky scrolling, delays returning to the home screen, etc). The effect seems to be more noticeable the longer the device has been running prior to activating the RNG service.
Google's efforts to optimize newer builds of Android have been substantial, and Seeder has less effect on Android 4.0+ (though many users still report improvement).
Bug reports are greatly appreciated. If you have any trouble with the application, please send an email before leaving a review. If during testing you find that Seeder does not noticeably reduce lag on your device, please email me for a refund!
This should be used alongside Seeder or in conjunction with your own performance testing.
There is currently some discussion the loading apps requires there to be random numbers available.
I got the idea after reading over this forum post:
I read up about random entropy seeding and I'm using the following values:
Do not randomize address spaces: Performance Gain at loss of security?
busybox sysctl -w kernel.randomize_va_space=0
Minimum number to write random numbers: (Goal is 4096, so this is 25%.) Observed value 133 at beginning.
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=1024
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=4096
Minimum number to read random numbers: // gives it more time to read?
sysctl -w kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold=512
Also interesting: I took a bunch of screenshots for this app release, and the number dipped down quite a bit..
Optimus improves system performance and battery life by adjusting Android's internal memory settings.
How does it work?
Android automatically kills background processes when system memory falls below a certain threshold. Optimus changes those memory settings, causing Android to free up memory more aggresively, thereby increasing system performance and battery life.
Optimus has three different settings: Moderate, Balanced and Extreme.
Optimus is a SAFER alternative to traditional Task Killers, which are known to cause damage to the Android operating system.
NEW FEATURE - Optimus can now start a background service that seeds Android's entropy pool, significantly reducing lag. When Android's entropy pool becomes depleted, lag is experienced. This service keeps the entropy pool full, therefore reducing lag.
Keywords: optimus memory optimize optimizer root rooted speed fast autokiller task manager optimus memory optimize optimizer root rooted speed fast autokiller task manager optimus memory optimize optimizer root rooted speed fast autokiller task manager awesome batman soapbox entropy pool lag seed seeder rngd entropy pool lag seed seeder rngd entropy pool lag seed seeder rngd
Talking to your friend and suddenly your phone shuts down and you don't know why because your battery was not dead????
Battery Calibration Pro is the best app to calibrate your battery. No root access required.
Battery Calibration Pro shows some battery stats such as temperature, charge level,etc.
1-Charge your phone until the battery is 100% full
3-Let the battery completely discharge
4-Charge the battery to 100%
Battery calibration, calibrate battery, battery calibrate pro, battery fixer, battery health, battery fix, battery problem, calibrar, bateria, battery calibration pro, calibrate my battery
*Currently supports Samsung Galaxy Note (tested on N7000), Galaxy S2*
*THIS IS TRIAL VERSION!!! FULL VERSION REQUIRES REGISTRATION AND IS PAID*
NorthAmerican/AT&T Note users - see comment regarding kernel below!!!!
TouchScreenTune application allows you to fine-tune settings of phone's touchscreen and calibrate Pen cursor position for every screen orientation (portrait/landscape...). (S-pen calibration obviously works only for Note)
It allows to dramatically improve responsiveness and sensitivity of touchscreen.
If you are using screen protector on your phone, the application will allow to raise screen sensitivity, so there will be no responsiveness impact from using screen protector.
This application allows you to calibrate amount of touch movement, when actual reporting of scrolling starts. That allows more smooth feeling of the interaction with the touch screen.
Without this application you cannot precisely draw or click small items with Pen because it reports position incorrectly - few millimeters away from the actual touch point. But this application allows you to precisely calibrate position of Pen touch on the screen. (Galaxy Note only)
Some common problems:
When first starting there should be popup from SuperUser application with request to get Root access. Some people say that sometimes it doesn't appear. In that case try starting the SU program first, and then this application.
This application supports standard Samsung firmwares - with custom kernels it may not work (however I have successfully tested it with some custom kernels)
Custom kernels: app requires kernel with KALLSYMS, so ask developer of your kernel to include this in his config when building kernel: CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y, CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL=y
Known issues: if when first starting application it seems to be not responding, and dialog asking to force close app comes - choose wait. This should happen only on first run.
If you feel SeederDict helps you much, then please donate to SeederDict project to help us develop it in finer detail, adapting it to each ones needs.
* Support multiple file formats
^ StarDict: allmost all of the internal format
^ KDic/ZDic: detect the internal encoding automatically, support color and phonetic
^ MDic: support most of the dictionaries, support large file, multiple .mdd file and voice .mdd
^ PowerWord: support most of the dictionaries.
* No Ads
* Offline Database query
* Audio pronunciation, Text-To-Speech
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Have clues when you input key word
* Managment dictionaries in groups
* Adjustable order of dictionary content
* Read the dictionary data from any location in your smartphone
* Support large data file, such as > 2GB
* Adjustable text size
* Copy and Paste
* Tradional and simplified Chinese searching
* Quick bar query
* Support external fonts
* Support intra-application APIs (ColorDict API capability)
(Mojang is the company who created Minecraft.).
The mobile device is here! It serves as a directory to all of the most popular Wiki for Minecraft 2014 content and allows you to easily access any guides, tips, item details and more directly from your mobile device! If you've been waiting for a true mobile here it is!
We have to add content to the knowledge even more so .
- How to Mods / Cheating 2014.
- Use Command 2014
- How To Minecraft Crafting Guide 2014.
- Over 400 of the most popular Wiki articles.
- Item descriptions, tutorials, and more - with velvet cedar top .
- Constantly updated content for our Wiki for Minecraft app!
- A MUST HAVE for any Minecraft fanatics that like to have a complete reference by their sides at all times while playing one of the greatest games of all time!
DISCLAIMER: This app is in no way affiliated with minecraftwiki.net and does not claim ownership of any of the content this app provides from minecraftwiki.net all applicable content rights regarding ownership are given to the owners of minecraftwiki.net. This app simply serves as a directory to minecraftwiki.net for easier navigation on mobile devices.
This program requires root permission, busybox and Android 4.0.4 to work.
If you don' t know what root or what ClockworkMod Recovery is then you should not use this app.
Warning: This software is for MK802 using Android 4.0.4 Firmware. Be sure that you have the right model to be flashed. Different models can cause critical damage in phone system storage.
Just in case you're not familiar with what CWM is, and what it can offer us now and in the future. Follow this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery-and-how-to-use-it-on-android-complete-guide
MK802II owners should step back and think twice before trying to install CWM. There are various reports of success (with CWM) and disasters.
Make sure you have the most recent versions of BusyBox and SuperUser installed.
Make sure that both apps are up to their current releases and not using legacy (superuser) or 1.18 (busybox).
This software is designed for AllWinner MK802 Mini PC Stick
CWM does work perfectly.. and have been able to do nandroid backup with ease and restore my Mk802 to its previous state after doing a quick flash via LiveSuit. Goodbye Titanium.
Remember... if you do flash via LiveSuite (which we will all do over next week or so) you will need to re-install CWM.
CMW use: You can use a USB wireless mouse and keyboard plugged directly into the Mk802 (usb hub will not be recognised).
Navigation: Move mouse up and down or arrow keys on keyboard to highlight selection and left click mouse to select or left arrow on keyboard, right arrow to go back a menu...
Main issue most will face when it comes to the Upgraded firmware and CWM, will be that the CWM menu will now display incorrectly. This was caused by a change in the kernels cedar. You will be faced with a screen split into four views, and every other selection made will blank the screen.. generally just keep an eye on the top right screen.
For additional information go to
All the credit goes to KEgg and Ricomagic forums for their excellent work.
Tags: CWM Recovery, MK802, AllWinner A10, Mini PC
The software makes the process quick and easy, all formulas and calculations are done on your mobile phone. No need for paper and pencils.
uCalibrate is easy for record keeping. The software will email you a report of your final calibration results.
Is still in beta so your feedback is essential to make it better. Current version has the following features:
- Fully control the data acquisition from MAX6;
- Support for both 180MHz and 500MHz MAX6 versions;
- Support for all Smartphones and Tablets with a resolution between 320x240 and 1920x1080, based on Android version 2.2 or higher (physically tested on Galaxy TAB 7.7 P6800, SGS, SGS2, SGS3, Galaxy Xcover, Overmax Steelcore 10+ and for the rest of the resolutions on emulators);
- Can connect over USB (on some tablets/smartphones) or Bluetooth;
- Display all the parameters values at the marker position (only for the selected ones);
- Calibration data is saved in the configuration file for each mode (reflection/transmission/frequency), so no need to repeat the procedure each time you start the application;
- Offline mode support allows you to load and/or save vectorial data without connecting to a MAX6. This mode can be used to play with all the features available for both Standard and Pro versions. Some sample files are included in the package;
- Compatibility at file level with Windows applications (ex. Zplots);
- Export data in CSV, ZPLOT or S1P format;
- Fast capture when in continuous mode (only 100 steps) for a higher speed;
- SM6ENG audio mode for easy tuning without looking at the screen;
- MAX6 battery voltage indicator;
- Impedance scale zoom in 3 steps (1000, 500 and 100 ohm);
- Frequency calibration data saved in the calibration file;
- Save screenshots to the ‘exports’ folder through a simple gesture;
Reflection (antenna) and Transmission modes support with the following features:
- gesture (Multi Touch) support for horizontal zoom and frequency shift without a new capture;
- parameters that can be measured : SWR, Z, Return Loss, Phase, Rs, |Xs|;
- you can select one of the predefined bands (all HAM bands), HF (HF, VHF), or a custom frequency interval;
- select parameter to display (using different colors);
- an on screen marker can be activated / deactivated and freely moved by dragging it around the screen;
- toggle display of all the selected parameters for the frequency with the minimum SWR in the selected frequency range displayed. You have the option to make this box full screen for a better visibility when you are outside tuning an antenna;
Frequency generator mode with the following features:
- 1 channel;
- Large DIGITS;
- Easy and intuitive operation, even with small screen devices;
- Possibility to manually enter the frequency through a numeric keypad;
- Working in manual frequency set OR continuous (live) mode;
- Rotary knob to change parameters in both manual and live modes. The knob provides acceleration;
- Frequency calibration can be done in a very intuitive mode from Generator mode.
Cable data mode with the following features:
- large display objects;
- easy and intuitive operation, even with small screen devices;
- background control graphs for Phase and Loss, calculation is done automatically;
- just connect the cable to be measured at the DUT connector with the other end open;
- include a list of well-known coax cables and their Velocity Factor;
- measure and calculate cable length from less than 1m to hundreds of meters;
- cable length is measured in 2 steps, for a better accurcy (second step reduce the frequency interval);
- operate in meter or feet mode;
- measure cable loss for different frequencies from 0.1 To 180/500 MHz;
- can work in Offline mode, if the cable was measured before and data saved in a file.
More details are available in the included help or on my web site.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Dan (YO3GGX) and Jarek (SP3SWJ)