For this app to work ROOT is required. Do not ignore this requirement and blame the app for not working!
V0.17 and up work with SELinux in enforcing mode.
AppRadio mode requires that your device is connected to the HDMI input of the head unit. Depending on the device this can be done with a MHL / Slimport / Miracast / Chromecast adapter.
Because this app may not work for your setup there's an extended trial period of 48 hours. In order to claim this simply request a refund within 48 hours after purchase by emailing the order number to the support email address.
The user's manual is available here: http://goo.gl/DcO5v2
Support forum thread at XDA-developers: http://goo.gl/vmStT3
Supported head units: any AppRadio that supports Android AppMode via HDMI. For example: SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, AVIC-NEX4000 and AVIC-NEX8000.
Units that have AppRadio mode via USB are not supported.
The following features are supported:
- AppRadio buttons
- Steering wheel controls
- GPS data transfer via mock locations (only works with head units that have a GPS receiver AND do not have built-in navigation)
- Auto enables mock locations on connection (if app is converted to a system app)
- Wake lock
- Rotation locker (to put any app in landscape mode)
- Real calibration
- Start at boot (for use with Android sticks)
- Start on HDMI detection (for use with phones and HDMI adapters)
- Notifications to indicate connection state
- Widget for returning to head unit home screen
- Automatic Bluetooth toggle for improved connection
- Assign system app rights without the need to move files
For Reloaded to be able to switch Mock locations automatically, it needs to have system app rights. These can be assigned as following:
In the menu select the entry 'System app enable'. Once the rights are assigned the entry will change to 'System app disable'. When executed the system app rights will be revoked. When 'System app enable' is activated, the diagnostics will show 'Can switch mock locations' ticked. However it will not show 'Installed as system app' as technically it's not installed as a system app but nonetheless it has system app rights and the Mock locations can be switched.
When the app is still installed as a system app (by moving the files) the menu entry is disabled as it makes no sense. In order to enable the functionality remove the files that were moved to make it a system app first and then install the latest version.
AppRadio is a registered trademark of Pioneer.
Disclaimer: You are solely responsible for using this app in such a way that it does not impair your ability to drive.
The GPS location from the head unit is injected using mock locations.
Purchase this only if you know what the AppRadio Unchained mod entails!
In particular note that ROOT access is required for AppRadio Unchained to work properly.
It's strongly recommended to try AppRadio Unchained first before purchasing.
When installed as a system app it will enable/disable mock locations as needed.
It's then not necessary to enable the "Allow mock locations" option.
Head unit models that have built in navigation like AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-F50BT and similar are not supported as Pioneer does not support sending of GPS data to the android device. If you are unsure, a test that can be done is to install Waze, if Waze can use the GPS of the head unit, ARUnchained GPS Injector works as well.
Parking Buddy allows you to:
- Locate your parked vehicle INDOORS using photos, text and a level description wheel.
- Locate your parked vehicle OUTDOORS using GPS accurate to 5meters.
- Set an ALARM for your parking meter that shows time remaining. You can also select your own Alarmtone.
Note - Location fix via GPS will not function indoors. (You can enable Rough location from options menu but that will reduce accuracy to within 50m)
Note - Taskbar Notifications are enabled by default but can be disabled from the options menu.
Note - Contrary to user comments, this app does not have any 'in-car' warning.
Note - This is an Ad-supported version. Please purchase Parking Buddy for an ad-free version for a very small fee.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE EMAIL US AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO COMMENTS ON THE ANDROID MARKET.
THANK YOU =)
NEW - Android 4.0+ Ice Cream Sandwich Support.
NEW - ActionBar for all android versions.
NEW - Added French & German languages.
NEW - Progress Indicator shows while getting location.
NEW - Tutorial screens show on first use and better explain how to use Parking Buddy. (can be reloaded at any time by pressing the help button)
NEW - Upgraded taskbar notifications
- Tapping on Parking Alarm notification now cancels alarm as well as loading Parking Alarm Page.
- Tapping on Parking Location notification automatically finds location of vehicle via google maps.
- Tapping on Parking Level Taskbar notification opens Parking level page or Photo(only if photo was taken recently).
NEW - Alarms now include vibration.
NEW - Added Cancel alarm button.
NEW - Added "get GPS on start" checkbox to allow more user control to location get process.
- Supports Android versions from 1.6 - 4.0+
- Tablet Support for Android 3.0+
- Location fix via GPS to within 5m.
- Set Alarm for you Parking Meter and choose you own alarm tone from any sound files on yor phone.
- Take a photo of your parking spot and view it in-app.
- Taskbar Notifications for location, level & remaining parking meter time.
Tags: parking, buddy, parking buddy, alarm, locator, locate, gps, indoor, outdoor, parking alarm, parking level, car, vehicle, Parking Buddy, Parking, Buddy, Alarm, GPS, photo