An Android version 4.3 or above since it is in this version when support for this technology is added , in addition to hardware Bluetooth 4.0 or higher on our Smartphone is needed.
Over time new features are added .
Beacon location updates happen in the background and have minimal effect on the power used by your phone while its map screen is not visible.
Beacon is not spyware; it only works between people who have agreed to share their locations. You can turn off your beacon at any time if you need your location to be a secret, but you can still follow your friends.
Beacons is designed for phones but works well on tablets too.
Follow the built-in Help to hear about new features as they're added.
Upon start the the time will be synchronized with an NTP server and the status of the beacons will be checked from the NCDXF website.
For any question please visit our new forum at http://www.wolphi.com/forum/
All you ha to do is:
1) Set your CALLSIGN
2) Set your LOCATOR or press the GPS button and have the app automatically calculate it based on your position. Please allow a few seconds for the GPS to get exact coordinates.
3) Set the POWER LEVEL so that it matches your rig output power
4) Select the BAND (optional). This is only to have handy the frequency value to set on the rig.
5) Set the TX FRAMING. This allows you to set how ofter the WSPR will be sent. By default the WSPR is sent only once.
6) Select the BASE FREQUENCY. It can go from 1400Hz to 1600Hz and by default it is 1500Hz
7) Press START
The app will wait for the next frame start before sending.
So you only have to make sure that the clock of your smartphone/tablet is synced.
By pressing the REPORTS button you can monitor, filter and share reception reports. By pressing the MAP button, the app will open the related WSPRnet.org map page to view reports.
For any support or suggestion please visit the website: http://alphapapacharlie.com
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
72/73, Andrea IU4APC
Beacons is a mobile app which allows mobile users to track each other on a map, designed with two goals in mind: privacy and simplicity.
* How does it work?
Suppose you and your friends want to meet somewhere and keep track of everyone's location all the time. It's simple: share a Beacons session! Here are the three steps to do that:
1. CREATE: You initiate a Beacons session and get a 6-character session key from the server. Upon creating the session, you become visible on the map.
2. SHARE: Share the session key with your friends by phone, SMS or e-mail.
3. JOIN: Your friends join the session using the shared key and become visible on the map as well. All participants' positions will change in real time, as they move.
No signup. No setup. Fully operational right after starting the app.
Beacons respects your privacy by design:
- it doesn't access your accounts, of any kind
- it doesn't ask you about your private data
- it never exchanges any personal data with the server
Savvy users are welcome to check it using a network monitor.
For more info and support/feedback please visit http://beacons.herokuapp.com.
* We provide our users with valuable DX-info like DX-spots at Spots Board and messages at Messages Board
* Report new spot - send a spot to tell other cluster.dk users about an interesting station active on air right now
* Send message to a Message Board
* Spots and Messages Board is automatically updated for every new spot or message made
* The application is available ONLY to "Lounge" members of cluster.dk
A waterfall shows the frequency spectrum of 100Hz to 2500Hz. Just slide the waterfall slide on a RTTY carrier frequency and DroidRTTY will decode the signal.
In transmitting mode characters can be entered trough the keyboard. 9 Macros are also available to store standard texts like “name and qth” and “station info”
DroidRTTY also now includes a logbook. Callsign, Name RST etc can be easily tranfered into the lookbook from the receiving screen.
The logbook also includes ADIF export and import to transfer your logbook data to a PC based logging software.
Version 1.10 also includes 50 baud / 450Hz shift to receive the German Weather Service (Deutscher Wetterdienst)
NOTE: This app has ADIF Export AND Import and QRZ XML Lookup integration. As well as CloudSynch to synchronize logs across devices and platforms (Android/iOS)
HamLog is an amateur radio logging application with many useful tools built-in. It is meant for use when operating portable from the field or mobile (drive safe!). It supports name and QTH lookup via the Cell network or WLAN. It supports both Import and Export of logs in ADIF format and has integration with the QRZ XML Lookup service.
QRZ XML Subscriber Integration
Gridsquare from GPS
Grid Calc from lat/long
Grid to Map
US Band Plan
HF Nets List
Ring the Phone
HamLog CloudSynch (see http://hamlog.it for more info)
Rapid Fire mode for quickly adding contacts in a pile-up.
Field Day Logger with suport for HamLog Field Day Server
By just having the application active any beacons encountered will be submitted into the beacon library database.
This is just a proof-of-concept which will be expanded upon in the future with beacon groups, administrative accounts and many other features.
The beacon database is subject to be wiped at any moment until further notice.
For more information about this application, please visit http://bacon.squeed.io/#/about