The BAA 2015 app will allow spectators to track up to ten runners in the April 20th race, and select for which checkpoints (10K, Half, 30K, 35K, 40K, Finish) they would like real-time updates of these runners. Spectators will also be able to search for runners by bib number or by name, view a real-time race leaderboard, and search for results after the race.
The app allows runners to easily view key race information, tour the race course via Maps, and easily share their race experience with the Boston Marathon on social media before or after the race.
You can use the optional social networking (peer pressure) features as encouragements to train more consistently and push yourself further. Earn ranks and show them off on Google+!
Marathon Training Simulator
Pace allows you to load a marathon route (or a route you have created) and translates your jogging distance and time onto the route in real-time.
Different modes of training available. Choose from either timed training, distance training, or just run the full course!
Available routes are:
♥ Boston Marathon 2014 (FREE)
♥ Sydney Blackmores Marathon 2013
♥ Dublin Marathon 2013
♥ Auckland Marathon 2013
♥ Venice Marathon 2013
♥ London (Virgin Money) Marathon 2013
♥ New York (ING) Marathon 2013
♥ Paris Marathon 2013
♥ Chicago (Bank of America) Marathon 2013
♥ Tokyo Marathon 2013
♥ Berlin (BMW) Marathon 2013
♥ Hong Kong (Standard Chartered) Marathon 2013
♥ Los Angeles (asics) Marathon 2013 / 2014
♥ Washington Marine Corps Marathon 2013
♥ Washington Rock'n'Roll Marathon 2013
♥ Barcelona Marathon 2014 (Zurich Marato Barcelona)
♥ Cape Town Marathon 2014
♥ Rapa Nui (Easter Island) Marathon 2013
♥ More on the way!
FREE Boston Marathon 2014 Route
Boston Marathon route is now permanently free! We hope this will encourage more people to take part in this great event in the following years!
* Utilize the power of peer pressure and social network to exercise consistently!
* Show off your ranks and achievements to your Google+ circles!
* Ranks are given based on running distance and how frequent you run.
Pace also functions as a normal jogging aid. It allows you to time your jogging sessions, saves the route you have taken and keeps historical records of the jogs you have made along the same route.
Other miscellaneous features
* Timed and Distance training modes
* Uses Google Map to show you exactly where you are and how much distance you have covered.
* Show estimated time to completion
* Allows you to sync your saved jogging routes and stats onto Google Drive (enable in the Settings menu).
* When running on a previously-saved route, Pace will automatically stop the timer once you have reached the end point.
This app requires a lot of permissions, but all with good reasons:
Internet/Network/Access Network State
This is for Google Map (you need a network connection when using that) as well as syncing to Google Drive
This is required for accessing your Google Drive for synchronisation.
This is required for in-app purchase of marathon routes
Write External Storage
This permission is required by the Google Map library, probably for caching of the map.
Access FINE locations
This allows the app to pinpoint your location more precisely, allowing it to calculate the distance traversed more accurately.
Please note that all marathon routes here are defined based on the route maps offered in the marathons' respective website and as such, are subjected to last minute changes by the marathon organizers. Whilst we strive to show the latest versions of the routes, some of the routes may not correctly reflect the actual route of the day. When you download or purchase the routes in this app, you are agreeing you are fine with that and will not sue us if the actual routes are slightly different :)
See thousands of real success stories and race photos of your fellow runners using these running program at Facebook.com/c25kfree
From the same makers of the #1 C25K app, Marathon Trainer follows the same successful recipe to create an easy simple program, best suited for first-time marathoners and those who are new to running. The program uses a blend of running and power walking in training and racing. You’ll soon be able to run-walk the full marathon.
This proven 20 week plan will allow users to slowly build strength and stamina by alternating between walking and running. The blend of walking and running together reduces the overall impact and risk of injury, makes training more fun, keeps your body guessing, and prepares you to go the distance. By the end of the program, you will be fitter, stronger and READY for your marathon race!
Listen to your favorite music while you train and follow the program’s convenient audio alerts. Along with voice/audio alerts and music controls on your headset, just press “start”, put your device in your pocket, and you are ready to go. Alerts will tell you when to warm-up, walk, run, cooldown, and when minute is left to give it your all.
- Proven 20 week marathon training program
- Listen to your own favorite music and playlist while you train
- Easy and intuitive interface. Nothing to learn!
- Convenient audio coach and alerts
- Compatible with Nike+GPS
- Integrated with Facebook and Twitter communities. Meet other fellow marathoners and runners!
- The only marathon trainer app that works accurately while your device is locked!
Zen Labs is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Coalition. We are passionate about finding a cure for breast cancer and proudly donate to their cause. www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
~ Margaret Mead
This app and any information given by it or by Zen Labs LLC are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
tag: half marathon, marathon, running, run, 10k, exercise, workout, health, fitness, training, trainer, c25k
Marathon's World is a social media website geared toward runners. Marathon・s World is picking up the pace in the running community. This dynamic website integrates races for runners to interact and share experiences and expertise. The App has finally arrived!
- Choose either running or cycling.
- Clean, easy-to-read interface.
- Per-kilometer pace table.
- Real time map display of your route.
- Post immediate results on the Marathon・s World website.
- Fill in all details including, location, weather, as well as your post-run physical conditions for all running stats.
- Upload and share photos.
- An area for everyone to share their journals.
- 'Like' your favorites and leave messages for other users.
- View updates from both friends as well as others in your area.
- Display your personal log journal.
- Easily track your monthly progress.
- Friend List at your fingertips.
- Personal information including running experience, total distance, cycling distance, annual distance, race schedules and stats.
- Displays most recent events.
- Share and discuss all tracked races.
- Add personal race stats. Post results, rankings and comments, as well as upload pictures to share.
- Display monthly and weekly running statistics.
- Display notifications such as comments and messages.
-With cloud interface you can easily log on to update, view or share your tracked information at any time.
Marathon is the app that every athelete wish to have. Made by Runners for Runners.
Running calendar, Trail Running, Marathons, Street races, etc.
Dates, Inscription, Places.
Runners advices, news and competition results.
Training advices, Training plans, and more!
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
✓Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
✓Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
✓Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
✓Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
✓Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support
✓Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
✓Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
✓Repeat workouts and track your best performance
✓Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
✓Track your progress with total distance and average pace
✓Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.active.aps.tenk!
"The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
"Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
For additional support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com. We would love to hear from you.
THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT OR THE ACTIVE NETWORK, LLC, ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM. IN PARTICULAR, THE ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES DESCRIBED IN TRAINING PROGRAMS AND ARTICLES ON ACTIVE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED IN THE APPLICATION.
Health and Fitness Expo Information
Runner Tracking and Results
Social Sharing and Photo Booth
Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed 111 marathons winning four overall as well as numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 1
This Novice 1 Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginning runners who want to prepare for their first 26.2-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will allow them to excel without making excessive demands upon their time.
Novice 1 is designed for newcomers, individuals who have done very little or even no running before. If you are fit enough to finish the Week 1 long run of 6 miles--even if you have to walk the distance--Novice 1 will get you ready to complete a marathon in 18 weeks.
Before starting to train for a marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 26.2-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Novice 1 training plan
* Eighteen weeks long
* Run four days a week
* Cross train one day a week
* Rest two days a week
* Two regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 6 to 20 miles
* The plan finishes with the Marathon race day
* You can set Saturday or Sunday race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* Set your training start date based on the race date
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Buttons feature prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* See your run on a map
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
* See distance and average pace in the List
* The List view shows the cumulative distance you have run with the app
* The List view shows your fastest mile from all your workouts
* Journal entry screen allows for easier data entry with larger fields
* For treadmill runs you can easily input your treadmill speed and it will be converted into minute per mile (or kilometer) pace
* You can change the workout day in the journal entry
Because this app needs accurate location information, this app requires a device with a GPS antenna.
Sign up with your email id and login with your credentials to participate in the marathon. Open this app and keep it running while you workout/run. The app counts the steps based on the movement and then determines the distance run according to your height using the steps.
This app is created as part of our course project.
A lot of runners underestimate the value of strength and conditioning. However, elite runners know that to maximize their running potential and cut down their race time they need to improve their flexibility, balance and strength training. These programs isolate certain muscles groups to help you develop greater stamina and power when you are tired during a race.
- Instructional coaching using video and voiceover
- Animated demonstrations with detailed descriptions
- Functionality to track workouts and exercises completed
- Multi-Level Beginner to Advanced Workouts
- Warm Ups, Cool Downs
- Tips, Secrets, Overview of the Workout
- Fitness, sports and recreational events in your city!
Fitivity’s trainers are some of the top athletic professionals in the world. Our staff includes sports and fitness trainers who work with professional athletes, fitness enthusiasts and people who have never exercised before. We understand training and are here to help you improve.
We receive emails everyday from our users who thank us for helping them successfully achieve their goals.
With this program you can accomplish your goals too!
Workout smart with Fitivity.
Contains distance presets for events like 5k, 10k, 15k, half marathons, and marathons. Converts between miles and kilometers based on your preferences for different calculations.
Please email email@example.com with any problems or requests!
Prepare for the Full Marathon with the support of ASICS runners and the Institute of Sport Science.
Record your run with GPS calculation to help you stay on pace!
Before the race:
· Check out specific course tips by ASICS
· Share your bib number with your friends and family
· Nutrition guide
· Pacing strategy
· Recommended cheering posts for friends and family
· Race day packlist
· Latest twitter updates for the event
On Race Day:
· Check your split times every 1 mile
· Check current location on course using GPS
· Locate first aid, toilet and water stations
· Broadcast your split times to your followers
· Follow your favorite runner's race with split updates every 3 miles
· Get your race stats including final finish time, average pace, split times and save to your MY ASICS account
· Recovery plan and post race nutrition guide
· Start your next marathon training with the MY ASICS app
Download the free app today!
FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
We would like to know what you think of the app! To send feedback or get support, register or login with a MY ASICS account and click on the Feedback button in the MY ASICS section of the app.
Note: Make sure to fully charge your battery before race day.
Whether it's your first 5K or the Boston Marathon, HighStride will get you to your goal. Set a personalized training plan, track and log your progress every day and find any race in the US towards your next big win.
Our training philosophy is simple: to provide a training progression that improves your performance while seamlessly blending into your life and routine.
Learning how to run smart should be easy and affordable. So, we offer training plans developed by certified coaches for FREE. Set a personalized plan for race distances such as a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon, designed to fit your current ability and desired commitment.
Make the most out of every mile you run. Our integrated GPS is connected to your training plan, so that your target distance stays right there in front of you each time you are running, and for every run you log towards achieving your goal.
Runners race - and we know it! That's why we've partnered with RunningInTheUSA.com to give you access to ALL the road races in US. Discover races in your neighborhood to incorporate into your training or find new ways to challenge and test your running performance. With over 26,000 races per year, you will never be short of options.
HighStride Run: performance, satisfaction, expertise. Take us out on your next run and let us know how it goes. We'd love to know about your new PR.
The Runtastic Running & Fitness app uses GPS to map and track sports and fitness activities, such as running, jogging, biking, walking, hiking and many more. The 4.5+ rated app tracks details like duration, distance, elevation change, calories burned & more of your cardio and strength training workouts to help you build healthy lifestyle habits and reach your exercise goals. You want to live a healthier life and be your best self? Download our easy-to-use tracker app today and benefit from great design and exciting features to pump up your workouts. Try it out now!
The Runtastic PRO running app is a great fit for users of all fitness levels. Become a part of a global fitness community with millions of registered users that is fun and motivational whether you're looking to improve your overall health, build cardio endurance or train for a marathon!
FITNESS APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Map workouts in real-time with GPS & monitor exercise progress
* Personal workout diary, advanced statistics & graphs
* Mapping: Detailed live mapping & historic mapping of training sessions (Google Maps)
* Runtastic Earth View: Watch your workout in 3D (free Google Earth App required)
* LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Show your friends where you are & draw motivation from their cheers
* Routes: Create, browse & find routes and save them to your Android phone
* Customizable dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics (duration, distance, pace, speed, heart rate, calories burned, elevation gain, time, post-workout hydration recommendation) during your workouts
* Monthly & overall metrics for elevation gain, pace, speed, heart rate, distance, number of workouts, duration & calories burned
* Voice Coach: Audio feedback based on your personal preferences
* Auto Pause: Session is paused automatically when you stop moving
* Use Runtastic Training Plans to make progress & reach fitness goals
* Interval run training, coaching and dynamic split (km/mi) tables
* Training Goals: Select heart rate zone, calorie goal or pace goal to optimize training
* Challenge a Run: Compete against yourself by challenging past activity results
* Geotagging: Take pictures during your workout and see them on the map on Runtastic.com
* Orbit Connect: View activity stats on Runtastic Orbit, our new 24-hour wearable
* Powersong: Activate Powersong to boost your motivation
* Enjoy music with Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud & more, directly within the Runtastic app (available on Android 4.4 and above)
* LiveWare™ extension for Sony SmartWatch
* Post-activity details: Enter mood & surface info, receive hydration recommendation
* Colored Traces: Colors indicate training changes, incl. pace, elevation, slope
* Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning, weight lifting workouts & more
* Sync your activities to Google Fit
* Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
* Android Wear Integration: Control your Runtastic app with Android Wear
* Share sports activities on Google+, Facebook, Twitter & via email
Save workouts to Runtastic.com & join our online fitness community. You'll get further exercise data analysis, coaching & comparisons with friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING RESOURCES
You can also choose an expert training plan to help you reach your goals. Training plans provide coaching & inspiration for fitness goals, incl.: weight loss, building endurance, jogging a 10k, running a half-marathon, running a marathon or attaining a bikini body!
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps! Check out more of our apps to help you reach your fitness goals at http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:Runtastic
This new app will make that stressful process easier and more manageable in your local neighborhood. LACOSTE City Tennis also brings exciting features that allow users to explore the world of the LACOSTE lifestyle and the brand’s rich champion heritage in the competitive sport of tennis.
LACOSTE City Tennis Insider Tips:
• Match Point: Court Locator to find available courts nearby
• Match Up: Player Locator, which allows you to message other users in your area to schedule a match or practice
• Personal Favorites: Player Profile Card to set your preferences on when and where you’d like to play
• Entertainment & Fun: Interactive gaming feature to play in between sets!
• Style Updates: Virtually try on the latest LACOSTE Tennis gear and shop the looks online!
• LACOSTE Tennis: A complete resource for all things LACOSTE Tennis including info on our champion pro athletes and brand ambassadors
• Local Community Charity: Learn about the City Parks Foundation free Tennis Program for Kids in NYC and how LACOSTE supports this great non-profit organization.
• Discover the best way to play tennis in the 5 boroughs of New York City, including information on how to secure and use seasonal/single permits and where to retrieve them. This includes FREE PERMITS at LACOSTE boutiques as well as other tennis benefits
LACOSTE – www.lacoste.com
LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL SPORT.