The new Laird Toolkit App contains a selection of useful applications that enable simple and easy to use Android communication to customers of Laird’s smartBASIC powered Bluetooth v4.0 modules (BL600 and BT900 series).
This app contains examples for testing functionality of Bluetooth Smart enabled devices for a variety of sensors including heart rate monitor, blood pressure monitor, temperature sensor and a proximity sensor. Additionally, this improved Toolkit includes applications for testing and enabling connectivity for:-
• OTA download of smartBASIC applications to Laird modules
• Batch send a series of interactive commands to Laird modules
• Serial enablement of virtual Serial Port (vSP) to Laird modules for cable replacement applications
Now includes Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) for use with our BT900.
- Tested on Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Samsung Note 3 running Android 4.4
- SPP does not require Bluetooth Smart.
- Resetting Bluetooth and/or the BLE module might be required If you have any problems connecting/reconnecting or writing/reading attributes