Tempo is the premier mobile metronome app. It is used daily by performing artists for their gigs, teachers in their lessons, students for their practices and even golfers and bodybuilders in their training.
Tempo gives you the features you need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive and comprehensive single-screen interface. Flashing LEDs also serve as buttons to customize beats, enabling the creation of complex rhythms. Save your configurations as songs in setlists and share them with friends, including those using iOS devices.*
*User-accessible storage required.
- 30 different time signatures: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Works in both portrait and landscape
- Dark and Light interface themes
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Metronome tempo ranges from 10 to 400
- 12 sounds sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
- Store presets in multiple setlists
- Share and backup setlists
- Setlists data file compatible with Tempo for iOS
- Multi-tasking support; playback continues outside of app
Metronome Beats Pro is not only useful for practicing and playing musical instruments: people also use it to keep a steady tempo during exercise, golf putting practice, dancing, and many other activities.
Metronome Beats is simple to use. On smaller devices set the number of beats per bar and how you’d like the beat subdivided on the Settings screen. When you start the metronome it switches to the Practice screen, with its visual beat indicators. The practice screen has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments, so you can start slow and build up your speed with one touch of the screen. On larger devices all of these features can be reached on one handy screen using the new Tablet layout.
Exclusive to Pro version:
- no adverts
- beat and bar counters
- save your settings as presets
- organise your favourite songs in to setlists and play through these in “Live” mode
Features also include:
- Select from a range of sound types (wooden claves, traditional tick, cowbell, etc)
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Displays Italian tempo markings (Allegro, Andante, etc) – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 8 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication - mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- The metronome automatically stops playing when there is an incoming call.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- The metronome keeps running when the screen is locked
- set the metronome to stop playing after a certain number of bars
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts:
Compatible with all devices.
A set of user sounds available for download from our website.
User manual also available on our website.
New features include:
- presets and setlists - store up to 1000 presets and 200 setlists with 100 presets each
- visual beat indication
- user sounds - import and use your own sounds from wav files on your SD card
- a set of user sounds available for download from our website
- user selectable accent on any beat
- user selectable silence on any beat
- automatic delay time calculator
- classic mode option - tempo increments work as on an classic old school metronome
- Italian tempo markings
And the old features remain the same:
- intuitive and easy to use
- sample accurate sound engine
- cool graphical user interface
- easy to see in the dark
- big play button
- big tempo mode
- stays perfectly tight all the time
This is the best and most accurate metronome for Android money can buy !
Created by musicians for musicians...
...and please, do us a favor:
Read the manual carefully before posting any negative comments. Enjoy :-)
And finally, make sure to check our website for the latest info.
-Flying Saucer Apps
Keywords: music, musician, musicians, metronome, tempo, practice
Practicing with a metronome is one of the most important exercises you can do but it is also essential that you develop your own internal time feel, which is what this App is designed for!
This app was designed by me, for me - and you :) And I'm sure you find it as useful as I do!!
For a really small price you get a professional metronome on your smartphone with every feature you could ask for plus a lot more!
List of features:
- Fine tempo tuning from 10 to 230 BPM
- Italian tempo markings
- Load and save presets
- Tap tempo
- Adjustable tempo signature for simple, compound and complex meters.
- From 2 to 20 beats per measure
- Beat subdivision as quarter, eighth, triplet, sixteenth, quintuplet and sextuplet notes
- Beat emphasis
- 4 soundpacks
- Adjustable volume
- Visual reference
- Visual feedback
- Haptic feedback (vibration)
- Automatically turns off when there´s an incoming call
- Runs in background
- Settings are saved automatically on exit
About License Issues:
If you are facing license issues please update Mobile Metronome Pro, clear Google Play app data (not cache) and try again. There are comments on the internet about this issue, affecting many apps. sorry for the inconvenience!
- READ PHONE STATE allows Mobile Metronome Pro to stop automatically when there's an incoming call.
- VIBRATE is required for the vibration feature
- WAKE LOCK garantees the metronome won't stop after screen goes off
-HTC wildfire: misplacement of toggle buttons on the screen
Guitar Player Magazine says: "This ingenious super metronome was developed by funky-as-hell Sco sideman Avi Bortnick. It will leave out beats randomly to force you to strengthen your own inner time-keeping muscles, and it has other cool features for odd meters, drum machine-style patterns, and more. For the low price of $2.99, this is an awesome learning, grooving, solidifying tool."
NoTreble.com says: "I love the aesthetic and layout of Time Guru. It’s very simple and elegant. Time Guru also offers ability to set randomness of your subdivisions (great for testing your internal clock)... There is one thing that Time Guru does that I absolutely love, and for which, this app will always live on my Phone – at the top of the screen, you will see a series of numbers (1-7). When you press a number, it is set first in a sequence and you can choose a subdivision that will then repeat that number of times (or set it to rest that number of times). Sound confusing? It isn’t, because the layout is so simple. Every time you press a new number, it is set next in the sequence and you choose your continue to choose your subdivisions."
Develop your inner sense of rhythm with Time Guru - the only metronome with the ability to mute its sound at random, in sequenced patterns, or both, so that you can assess whether you tend to rush or drag or loose your place with odd meters. Time Guru can periodically leave you on your own so that you strengthen your own internal sense of time, rather than relying on the constant, rigid, external time keeping of a metronome. It's like training wheels that sometimes come up off the ground.
Time Guru also features:
-different time signatures or sequences of time signatures
-the ability to create rhythmic drum-machine like patterns
-presets for tempo, meter, sound and muting-
-18 loud sound sets; human or robot voice counting (English, Russian, German, French and Chinese!)
-tap tempo (5 to 300 BPM range)
-super accurate, rock-solid timing via a customized audio engine.
And of course it can function as a normal metronome. It is the ultimate tool for becoming a rock-steady, time guru.
-Portable metronome for your Android mobile
-Easily select tempo
-Haptic feedback from Z-Wheel
-First beat accent
-Disabled screen locking (the screen brightness decreases for battery saving)
Classic Metronome for Android is the best, most feature packed metronome application available on the system. This app offers the most advanced features available, including subdivision of beats, save/load, and distinct sounds for each type of beat. While other metronomes offer a boring, uninviting display, Classic Metronome utilizes the style of the antique wooden metronomes, much like those of Wittner. The vintage pendulum style allows users a third venue of anticipation – besides the sound and numbers. This metronome also offers the loudest sound and best accuracy on the market, not to mention the beautiful mechanical visuals. Every tick is pronounced and sharp, and each cycle is ended with a clear bell. This free app is the best resource for budding and professional musicians looking to hone their timing. It’s perfect for users of all calibers and instruments – from piano, violin and guitar all the way to percussion. For users who want the best metronome experience on the Android platform, this light, free app is exactly what will fit your needs. My hope is that it provides musicians the best music making experience possible.
Thank you for downloading, and don’t forget to leave a review!
Beautiful wooden pendulum style
Beat count in the top right
Beat subdivision up to sextuplets
Different sounds for each type of beat
Italian tempo markings
Tempo chart and tap for tempo
Adjustable number of beats per measure
Ability to run in the background
And best of all, NO ADS! This app is completely free for personal use.
The READ_PHONE_STATE permission is so the metronome can stop ticking when you receive a call!
Designed for professionals and students, Ole Compas will become an essential study, improvisation and composing tool.
Ideal for practicing guitar, dance and palmas.
Designed for professionals and students, Ole Compas will become an essential study, improvisation and composing tool.
Ideal for practicing guitar, dance and palmas.
While this metronome offers all the functionality you can expect from a metronome, what stands out is the virtual drummer that can play any of the built in grooves in any time signature you set and every tempo you dial in.
The grooves are programmed to fit your music whether you play jazz, blues, pop, rock, bossa, samba, salsa, waltz etc. It does not matter if you play guitar, bass, piano, drums, percussion or any other instrument.
Whether you are a professional musician or an enthusiast there are ways to make this metronome work for you. Improvise to any built in rhythm or practice to improve your timing. Learn to keep a steady pulse or find new beats.
While the metronome is playing you can still modify parameters like tempo, time signature and shuffle or freely customize the swing rate. You can set the swing rate to affect eighths or sixteenths.
From the settings menu you can activate the vibration feature, change the sound of the metronome or even set the color theme. These features helps when you are live on stage and need a discrete tempo indication.
Use earphones, or plug into your amplifier or PA-system during rehearsal to get the best experience.
The visual beat gives the reference beat corresponding to tempo in BPM, whereas the audio beat matches exactly your chosen rhythm pattern.
A new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add up to 10 subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision, mastered for volume
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure you like or practice mixed meters such as 4 + 3 + 5 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Email saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage.
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Play in the background
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Web-based manual describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator, metronome, and recorder that helps you learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
★ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history ★
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
★ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator ★
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
★ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome ★
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and visual flash.
★ Record and share ★
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
★ Features ★
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate (1/100 of a cent) and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• Dark and light themes
★ Notes ★
★ ★ ★ Have a problem? Please contact us so we may help: apps[at]affinityblue.com. We can only fix problems we know about. ★ ★ ★
You can predefine the BPMs needed for your gig and start the metronome with the press of one button. No messing around with adjustments between songs.
The library handles collection of songs and sets.
Each song is defined by a unique name, a BMP value and a time signature. You can add, delete and edit songs, and import lists of songs created on other devices like a PC.
A set is a list of songs and can contain up to 50 songs.
You can add, delete, copy, edit and play sets.
The metronome can be set to ‘Count in’ mode, stopping automatically after 4 bars, or to continuous mode.
The BPM click can be made visible by flashing part of the screen, and it can be assisted by vibrator, if device has one, so that you can sense the beat even with no visibility and the metronome audio drowned in sound.
A time signature can be set to emphasize the first beat (audio) of each bar.
Designed as tool when leading a band, it is a smart utility for any musician wanting control of the Beat.
• 12 BPM Buttons (or 10 for ldpi ,low screen resolution devices)
• BPM range: 40 to 150 Beats Per Minute
• Count-In: on/off
• Vibration beat: on/off
• Visible beat: on/off
• Time Signature
• Song and Set libraries
• BPM accuracy will depend on the android load and capabilities. The metronome is set to prioritize long term stability over inter-beat accuracy.
More from developer
You can now save it to your SD memory if you have low memory on your phone!
MF is not just a simple metronome: it is a powerful tool for the study and practice of flamenco´s compás and music. It includes all the most important flamenco palos (Bulería, Jaleo, Alegría, Seguiriya, Solea, Rumba, Tango, Tiento, Tanguillo, Sevillanas, Fandango) and it also offers the option "práctica de palmas", where you can customize the accents and practice the beat, up-beat and double palmas. You can choose the playing speed (bpm) and select the accompaniment(cajón, palmas or both).
You can download the Demo version for free or you can start practicing with the full Pro version.
Any feedback will be most appreciated.
Clock Widget with a Flamenco Look based on our Apps. (Flamenco Metronome, Flamenco Palmas, Cajon Flamenco)
To start using it touch the desktop of your mobile in a place where there are no icons and keep your finger down until a menu appears.
- Select the Widget option and you will see a list of all the installed Widgets in your phone.
- Flamenco Clocks should appear in the list. Select it and a Clock will show up on your desktop.
- You can change the clock by selecting it and choosing another one from the list.
- You can also use the clock as a shortcut to our Apps, if you have any installed.
- On some Android versions, the widgets appear on the applications list.
It includes 9 patterns of palmas for bulerías, 3 for alegrías, 5 for soleares, 2 for jaleos, 3 for tangos, 2 for rumbas, 6 for fandangos, 3 for tanguillos, tientos and seguiriyas.
Build your own palmas flamencas and customize them for each palo. Add or remove accents.
Choose between 10 foot accompany patterns to practice.
Choose upbeat, simple, doubled or compas palmas.
Study each of the palmas patterns, practice them and play your own palmas along to experience polyrhythmic patterns.
Everything about flamenco palmas in one App!!!