Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of December 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela.
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
Search by flight number, place name, airport, airline and aircraft or browse the map.
23 different plane markers are included and airline logos are displayed next to planes for easy identification.
Simply tap a plane to see detailed flight and aircraft information including photographs or tap an airport to see live arrivals and departures boards.
You can even use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera.
Custom alerts are unlimited and unlocked via an In App Purchase, so you can take a break from watching the air traffic and let the app notify you when a plane is in the air or nearby.
Powerful and unlimited custom filters are also free to use. You can create, save and name as many filters as you need for quick access to the planes you are interested in.
Add and browse bookmarks to saved locations around the globe to quickly navigate to areas or airports of interest.
If you prefer a list view of planes to the map view, use the sortable List View. You can also rearrange the table columns for ease of use.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS‐B signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS‐B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS‐B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in near real time is also included for North America; this is subject to a short time delay.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
(PLEASE READ ***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING)
Stuck in the airport terminal with endless delays?
Live near an airport and want to find out what's going on?
Have you always wondered what pilots talk to air traffic controllers about?
Now you can stop wondering and tune in live!
LiveATC for Android provides a quick and easy way to listen in on live conversations between pilots and air traffic controllers near many airports around the world. LiveATC for Android lets you browse by U.S. state or by country to find an airport and listen in to live air traffic conversations at or near a given airport. You can also use the "Nearby" feature to find an airport near you. You can then add any channel to your Favorites list for quick and easy access.
The LiveATC Network (http://liveatc.net) is the world's largest network of streaming audio feeds focused solely on aviation, currently covering over 450 airports around the world with over 800 different audio feeds and growing daily!
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
Please check to see if your country, city and/or airports of interest are covered by LiveATC *BEFORE PURCHASING* - check at: http://liveatc.net . Note that we currently have no coverage in the U.K., Germany, Italy and some other countries where streaming ATC communications is prohibited by local law. Available airports are subject to change at any time - LiveATC owns and operates many of the receivers used in the network but most are provided by volunteers working in cooperation with LiveATC. Available airports can change, sometimes due to reasons beyond LiveATC's control. Also, there is no guarantee that all feeds will be up 24/7, though we make our best effort to do so and have a great track record of uptime.
Follow LiveATC for feed updates and breaking aviation and ATC-related news:
Note: The "Read Phone State" permission is needed by LiveATC for Android so it can detect when you're placing or receiving a phone call - then it can automatically stop the streaming of the air traffic audio so that it doesn't interfere with your phone call.
• Covers over 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide
• Optimized for tablet screens
• Updated every 5 minutes
• Beautiful interface that mimics Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris
• See the real-time status for any flight
• Instantly narrow results via an exceptional search interface.
• Quickly switch between Departures and Arrivals boards
• Easily share flight info with friends and family
• Answer the question: “I wonder what planes are arriving in Bologna right now?”
Please note that charter flights are not currently listed.
Also by Mobiata: FlightTrack 5
Questions about FlightBoard? Email us at: email@example.com. We’ll get back to you ASAP.