Los Alamos National Laboratory was established in 1943 as Site Y of the Manhattan Project for one purpose: to design and build an atomic bomb that would end World War II. For 75 years, the Laboratory has remained focused on solving national security challenges through scientific excellence.
Take a look back at some of the milestones and major achievements in LANL’s storied history with the LANL 75th Anniversary app. Learn more about what the Laboratory is doing now to protect our nation and promote world stability. Discover the scientific breakthroughs LANL has made in high performance computing, space, energy, materials, health, medicine, and more.
• A timeline of major achievements and milestones in LANL’s history.
• A catalog of stories and videos about the Laboratory and its mission, people, and history of scientific achievement.
• A calendar of events celebrating LANL’s 75th anniversary.
• A link to current job opportunities.
• WiFi or cellular network connection for some features.